Forums/Minnesota Wild

Challenging Questions

Kaprizov for Cirelli???
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 17, 2020 at 12:55 a.m.
MNBassman
Edited Jun. 18, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
If your favorite prospect (not named Lafreniere, Byfield, or Stutzle) was available when Chicago was on the clock at pick #7, would you make this trade:
Brodin and the Pittsburgh 1st to Chicago for the #7?

If so, who is/are the prospect/s you would make this trade for?
Jun. 18, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: MNBassman
If your favorite prospect (not named Lapierre, Byfield, or Stutzle) was available when Chicago was on the clock at pick #7, would you make this trade:

Sorry boring answer, but no. I just don't like anyone else that much. I assume you meant Lafreniere not LaPierre.
MNBassman and mnwild1790 liked this.
Jun. 18, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: Paul13
Sorry boring answer, but no. I just don't like anyone else that much. I assume you meant Lafreniere not LaPierre.

I knew i was a horable speler, but wow!
OutCold13, mnwild1790 and TanSor liked this.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: Paul13

To me there are only two prospects worth trading up for: Laffy and Byfield. But we know they aren't going to slide. So I'm with Paul, staying put is the best option in this scenario
MNBassman and OutCold13 liked this.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
If your favorite prospect (not named Lafreniere, Byfield, or Stutzle) was available when Chicago was on the clock at pick #7, would you make this trade:

I might for Rossi. I have Rossi as my 4th ranked prospect right now, though I do worry how much more he can grow his game relative to the other high end prospects in this class
Jun. 24, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: mnwild1790
To me there are only two prospects worth trading up for: Laffy and Byfield. But we know they aren't going to slide. So I'm with Paul, staying put is the best option in this scenario

I'd gladly trade up for Stutzle. He's been my 2nd ranked prospect for a couple months now after watching more film on him. The way he moves on the ice is a spectacle, he's a better lateral skater than Brodin and his hands/playmaking is phenomenal
mnwild1790 liked this.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 2:32 p.m.
As for Kaprizov for Cirelli, I commented in the other thread, but I struggle with this idea. On one hand, when you can trade an unproven asset for a center like Cirelli its worth considering. On the other hand if Kaprizov turns out to be who we think he is, we lose on this trade. I probably wouldn't pull the trigger, but I can see the rationale
mnwild1790 liked this.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: TanSor
As for Kaprizov for Cirelli, I commented in the other thread, but I struggle with this idea. On one hand, when you can trade an unproven asset for a center like Cirelli its worth considering. On the other hand if Kaprizov turns out to be who we think he is, we lose on this trade. I probably wouldn't pull the trigger, but I can see the rationale

I see Kaprizov as a 60-70 point wing and Cirelli as a 60-70 point center. Add to that the fact that Cirelli is a proven commodity...and i would do it...but it has the potential to be very painful down the road. Kind of a much larger version of Nino for Rask...
Jun. 24, 2020 at 3:02 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I'd gladly trade up for Stutzle. He's been my 2nd ranked prospect for a couple months now after watching more film on him. The way he moves on the ice is a spectacle, he's a better lateral skater than Brodin and his hands/playmaking is phenomenal

I've heard that as well but I only chose Byfield and Laffy for these reasons:

1.) Laffy is a generational talent that is a can't miss prospect
2.) Byfield is a monster of a center and would almost be a sure-fire 1C for our future.

The chance of either busting is extremely low so I wouldn't be hesitant to pull the trigger on trading for either prospect. As for Stutzle and the rest of the field...each one has a chance of busting so I'd be hesitant on trading Brodin for a player we're not 100% will make it to the NHL. I know I'm very cautious but I REALLY like Brodin and if I trade him away, I'd like to see a sure thing come back for him (aka 1C, 2C, etc.). I'd be elated if we landed Stutzle, but I'd like to find a different way instead of trading Brodin.
MNBassman liked this.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
14m in dead cap
I think honestly before I'd consider trading Brodin for anything, Guerin has to have a conversation with him to get an idea on his interest in extending here long term and what that might cost. I really like Brodin, but if he wants to test the UFA waters or wants too much money, you absolutely have to trade him and get something back. If he's interested in staying and the contract he wants makes sense, I would explore trading Dumba first.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: JayTea
I think honestly before I'd consider trading Brodin for anything, Guerin has to have a conversation with him to get an idea on his interest in extending here long term and what that might cost. I really like Brodin, but if he wants to test the UFA waters or wants too much money, you absolutely have to trade him and get something back. If he's interested in staying and the contract he wants makes sense, I would explore trading Dumba first.

Agreed. I like Brodin more but I'd rather not lose him for nothing. To me the AAV is more important than the term. He's going to be what? 27 when his new contract starts? I'd be okay with a long term contract for Brodin but the AAV is what I'm interested in hearing about.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
MNBassman
Here’s a new question: Please submit your own tough questions - that is what i was hoping this thread would become...
What players/s in the Wild’s organization would you NOT trade 1:1 for Montreal’s Nick Suzuki?
Me? I’m not sure there is a single player I wouldn’t.
SlafCaufZuki and TanSor liked this.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 1:24 a.m.
Nick
Here’s a new question: Please submit your own tough questions - that is what i was hoping this thread would become...
What players/s in the Wild’s organization would you NOT trade 1:1 for Montreal’s Nick Suzuki?

i think you pretty much answered it haha
MNBassman and TanSor liked this.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
14m in dead cap

Not trade for Suzuki?

Fiala, Kaprizov. That's about it.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 10:03 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: JayTea
Not trade for Suzuki?

Fiala, Kaprizov. That's about it.

Because Suzuki is 20 years old and a right-shot center, I would even trade Fiala or Kaprizov for him.
mnwild1790, TanSor and SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 11:47 a.m.
Because Suzuki is 20 years old and a right-shot center, I would even trade Fiala or Kaprizov for him.

I'm with you. He was damn impressive this weekend. And at 20 years old with the production he put up this year? Yeah I would trade either Fiala or Kaprizov for him.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 10:55 p.m.

I wouldn't do Fiala but Kaprizov I'd definitely do

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit