SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Here me out

Should the age restriction be higher?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 17, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
Canes Baby
Im looking for peoples opinions on this.

IMO I see a lot of people in comments complain about how some posts are pointless. I also see a lot of really bad conversations where people just argue for the sake of arguing. I have a feeling this is due to the younger group of people that have joined this site.

I believe if the age restriction is put up, we will be able to have more constructive conversation, rather than a mess of a community.

Or maybe another suggestion is to put an "under-age" mark on their profile.

I also just found out today that you only need to be 13 to be on this site. ( which is fine, its just hockey. But I believe it will clean the site up a lot.)
drewjenkins liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 1:35 p.m.
Canes Baby
I know this probably wont change as CF wouldnt want to take a hit to the Users on the site
Jun. 17, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
Canes Baby
Hear* lmao
Jun. 17, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
Seems pointless because people would just lie. I think the level of discourse is high enough that it's not an issue, or at the very least, it's very easy to avoid the garbage.

Suggesting that Capfriendly start tagging profiles who are under age seems like a really bad idea, and one that could be really dangerous and exploitative in the wrong hands.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: jslongo

IMO I see a lot of people in comments complain about how some posts are pointless. I also see a lot of really bad conversations where people just argue for the sake of arguing. I have a feeling this is due to the younger group of people that have joined this site.

I believe if the age restriction is put up, we will be able to have more constructive conversation, rather than a mess of a community.

I also just found out today that you only need to be 13 to be on this site. ( which is fine, its just hockey. But I believe it will clean the site up a lot.)

Much as I sympathize with you about a lot of the infantilism on this site, I suspect that most of it comes from that part of the post-college crowd who have been used to being listened to during their learning years and haven't discovered that the world doesn't turn on their opinions. So I'm with @Claesson4Norris
drewjenkins and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 4:26 p.m.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
Much as I sympathize with you about a lot of the infantilism on this site, I suspect that most of it comes from that part of the post-college crowd who have been used to being listened to during their learning years and haven't discovered that the world doesn't turn on their opinions. So I'm with @Claesson4Norris

I'd have to agree with OldNYIfan ... most of the dumb posts are probably coming from people in their 20's.

My generation is going to tear down the world ... one feeling at a time.
OldNYIfan and zk97 liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: drewjenkins
I'd have to agree with OldNYIfan ... most of the dumb posts are probably coming from people in their 20's.

My generation is going to tear down the world ... one feeling at a time.

Haha I have to disagree with that because I am in my 20s. All my experiences have been with kids. pause...... lmao
Jun. 17, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Hear*

But yeah I agree with @Claesson4Norris that they would just lie about their age anyway
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 17, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: moli92
Hear*

But yeah I agree with @Claesson4Norris that they would just lie about their age anyway

Hear* lmao
Jun. 18, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
I think its fine
Jun. 18, 2020 at 1:01 p.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: MaxDomi13
I think its fine

You are 13. Of course you think its fine
firezfurx and Jack_ liked this.
Jun. 18, 2020 at 1:02 p.m.