SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Eichel gets his college coach back

Created by: Danz_10
Published: Jun. 22, 2020 at 2:14 a.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 186/186 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $6,675,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$3,875,357
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ristolainen, RasmusBuffalo SabresNHL-$5,400,000111---6962733--
Hutton, CarterBuffalo SabresNHL-$2,750,000111-------3.180.898
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresNHL-$10,000,000111---68364278--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Smith, BrendanNew York RangersNHL-$4,350,000111---62358--
De Haan, CalvinChicago BlackhawksLTIR-$4,550,000011---29156--
Strome, RyanNew York RangersNHL-$3,100,000111---70184058--
Strome, DylanChicago BlackhawksNHL-$863,333111---58122638--
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$792,500111-------3.040.91
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCAR)---100------
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,550,3572245613411
Change$4,494,1671222-10
Final$15,044,524 (↑)23 (↑)47 (↑)63 (↑)5 (↑)3 (↓)11-870

Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $15,325,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: $1,336,667
Coincident TransactionInitial StatusNew StatusCap Hit ChangeRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Carlsson, LucasNHLMinor-$792,500-1-----------
Highmore, MatthewNHLMinor-$775,833-1-----------
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
De Haan, CalvinChicago BlackhawksLTIR-$4,550,000011---29156--
Strome, DylanChicago BlackhawksNHL-$863,333111---58122638--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ristolainen, RasmusBuffalo SabresNHL-$5,400,000111---6962733--
Hutton, CarterBuffalo SabresNHL-$2,750,000111-------3.180.898
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
2021 3rd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
Initial$13,988,3332445653612
Change-$1,168,334-100020
Final$12,819,999 (↓)23 (↓)456538 (↑)12-7-40

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

Smith, BrendanNew York RangersNHL-$4,350,000111---62358--
Strome, RyanNew York RangersNHL-$3,100,000111---70184058--
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$792,500111-------3.040.91
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the Carolina HurricanesCAR)---100------
2021 3rd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresNHL-$10,000,000111---68364278--
Initial$7,049,3672245624715
Change-$1,757,500-2-2-2-2-10
Final$5,291,867 (↓)20 (↓)43 (↓)60 (↓)2 (↓)6 (↓)1515-312
Jun. 22, 2020 at 2:51 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
This is a big boy swing.

So first thing, I don't hate it. It's got balls, it's a lot of things, but it has logic. My only shot on it is Chicago. I Like De Haan and I don't like Risto. (underlying numbers yadda yadda) Hutton helps but those picks don't get me there for them.

I want Chicago to get the worse of the two firsts going to Buffalo instead of the third and that third turn into Buffalo keeping their second. I'd need to pull it apart to see if that even makes sense but something like that. Anyways nice swing.
Nighthawk liked this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 4:43 a.m.
2018 Canucks
It’s a creative 3-way no doubt. No matter what trading Eichel the optics will look risky. Very difficult time trading a superstar & fitting in the $10m contract.

Realistically the Sabres need a Starter in net. Next Kreuger has to get them to play a system that they buy into & gets results. Time to move out of ignominy.

Stability & confidence are the biggest hurdles the Sabres face.
reelkena and hockey_GoDz liked this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 5:45 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
Edited Jun. 24, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
Quoting: Nighthawk
It’s a creative 3-way no doubt. No matter what trading Eichel the optics will look risky. Very difficult time trading a superstar & fitting in the $10m contract.

Realistically the Sabres need a Starter in net. Next Kreuger has to get them to play a system that they buy into & gets results. Time to move out of ignominy.

I appreciate your sound reply. I was hoping to achieve the stability your team desperately needs in a few ways:

1. By dealing the two draft picks, the Sabres can grab Askarov now, which sets up a future tandem with Georgiev. (As a Ranger fan, I think the Rangers knock off the Hurricanes, and places them as the higher draft slot).

2. Filling in the top two center spots is more cost-effective than having a cantankerous lone center and hoping someone will come along to fill in the other. Plus, if a CBO does arise, it's not hard to imagine that Okposo/Skinner is that candidate.

2a. With a bit more cash to work with, a certain defenseman currently in St. Louis and a left winger in Arizona could be in your locker room by the start of next season. And there will be something left over for Dahlin when his deal expiries, as more money can be freed up following the expansion draft.

It's important that stability does come to the Sabre organization.

Quoting: reelkena
This is a big boy swing.

So first thing, I don't hate it. It's got balls, it's a lot of things, but it has logic. My only shot on it is Chicago. I Like De Haan and I don't like Risto. (underlying numbers yadda yadda) Hutton helps but those picks don't get me there for them.

I want Chicago to get the worse of the two firsts going to Buffalo instead of the third and that third turn into Buffalo keeping their second. I'd need to pull it apart to see if that even makes sense but something like that. Anyways nice swing.

Thank you. I didn't want to undercut my second favorite team. But, with a stud like Dach ready to go, the Hawks would be foolish to give Strome cash and keep Dach down.

That said, both Strome brothers being close to home in a place where minutes can be theirs, is just sense, IMO. They won't break the bank; they can continue to refine their careers. Stabilizing the Sabres' top six can reenergize them and the fan base. And as I mentioned, with money to spend, who knows what else they can do to balance out the team.

It seems to me that Eichel will want both a high-profile opportunity and a shot at winning. This isn't to sell Zibanejad short, but hey, Eichel is a franchise player. And, being reunited with David Quinn can only bring stability to this frustrated player.
reelkena liked this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: YoucancallmeHockeyman
I appreciate your sound reply. I was hoping to achieve the stability your team desperately needs in a few ways:

1. By dealing the two draft picks, the Sabres can grab Askarov now, which sets up a future tandem with Georgiev. (As a Ranger fan, I think the Rangers knock off the Hurricanes, and places them as the higher draft slot).

2. Filling in the top two center spots is more cost-effective than having a cantankerous lone center and hoping someone will come along to fill in the other. Plus, if a CBO does arise, it's not hard to imagine that Okposo/Skinner is that candidate.

2a. With a bit more cash to work with, a certain defenseman currently in St. Louis and a left winger in Arizona could be in your locker room by the start of next season. And there will be something left over for Dahlin when his deal expiries, as more money can be freed up following the expansion draft.

It's important that stability does come to the Sabre organization.

Thank you. I didn't want to undercut my second favorite team. But, with a stud like Dach ready to go, the Hawks would be foolish to give Strome cash and keep Dach down.

That said, both Strome brother's being close to home in a place where minutes can be theirs, is just sense, IMO. They won't break the bank; they can continue to refine their careers. Stabilizing the Sabres' top six can reenergize them and the fan base. And as I mentioned, with money to spend, who knows what else they can do to balance out the team.

It seems to me that Eichel will want both a high-profile opportunity and a shot at winning. This isn't to sell Zibanejad short, but hey, Eichel is a franchise player. And, being reunited with David Quinn can only bring stability to this frustrated player.

A thoughtful trader is rarely seen on here. Keep it up.
Danz_10 liked this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Someone has to take Seabrook back in this deal for Chicago, otherwise there is 0 incentive to do this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
😪😪
Jun. 22, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
Quoting: reelkena
A thoughtful trader is rarely seen on here. Keep it up.

Thank you.. that's a high compliment!
reelkena liked this.
Jun. 22, 2020 at 11:40 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Someone has to take Seabrook back in this deal for Chicago, otherwise there is 0 incentive to do this.

No. Use the CBO on Seabrook..solves that.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
No. Use the CBO on Seabrook..solves that.

The trade value isn't there for Chicago in this one man. Were giving up Strome and De Hann while not getting anything we can use back… we don't have room for Risto on the right sight with Seabrook, Boqvist, Mithell, Murphy all being right handed shots. (this is not to mention that I don't think Risto is very good, but I digress)

Carter Hutton isn't an upgrade on our Goaltending and can't be viewed as a future option, hard pass on him.

NGL the picks are kinda garbage when you consider what we have to give up to get them being a top 6 center and a Top 4 D-man.

My original post was kinda reactionary and mostly a joke, but the only way this works is if we move Seabrooks deal in this and can flip Risto for picks.

Edit: Also 0 chance a CBO happens
Jun. 24, 2020 at 11:52 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
The trade value isn't there for Chicago in this one man. Were giving up Strome and De Hann while not getting anything we can use back… we don't have room for Risto on the right sight with Seabrook, Boqvist, Mithell, Murphy all being right handed shots. (this is not to mention that I don't think Risto is very good, but I digress)

Carter Hutton isn't an upgrade on our Goaltending and can't be viewed as a future option, hard pass on him.

NGL the picks are kinda garbage when you consider what we have to give up to get them being a top 6 center and a Top 4 D-man.

My original post was kinda reactionary and mostly a joke, but the only way this works is if we move Seabrooks deal in this and can flip Risto for picks.

Edit: Also 0 chance a CBO happens

One: a CBO will be provided to all teams in the upcoming offseason. Using it on Brent Seabrook puts an end to the consistent outcry.

Two: Mitchell is not ready for full-time play, no more than Boqvist. It matters that putting young players in good positions to succeed stabilizes their future. Thus, a two-year flyer on Ristolainen (who is eight years younger than Seabrook) is more palatable given the fact that if the Hawks play it right, can expose him to the expansion draft next season.

So, within two years (which will likely be the right amount of time for the two above defensemen to develop) Chicago can move over $17 million dollars in contracts (DeHaan, Seabrook and Ristolainen) and move towards roster spots opening up without tearing up the payroll and team chemistry to move forward.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
One: a CBO will be provided to all teams in the upcoming offseason. Using it on Brent Seabrook puts an end to the consistent outcry.

Two: Mitchell is not ready for full-time play, no more than Boqvist. It matters that putting young players in good positions to succeed stabilizes their future. Thus, a two-year flyer on Ristolainen (who is eight years younger than Seabrook) is more palatable given the fact that if the Hawks play it right, can expose him to the expansion draft next season.

So, within two years (which will likely be the right amount of time for the two above defensemen to develop) Chicago can move over $17 million dollars in contracts (DeHaan, Seabrook and Ristolainen) and move towards roster spots opening up without tearing up the payroll and team chemistry to move forward.

Both Boqvist and Mitchell are ready day one next season, Mitchell has had time to develop in college hockey, Boqvist was playing regular minutes for us this season,

CBO’s will likely not be issued, and Risto sucks at hockey in general, so we don’t want or need him. However, let’s say we did want him, for some dumb reason, why would we give up our 2C for him? I think if Risto + Garbage was worth a 2nd line center it would have happened by now.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.

the biggest problem buffalo has in 8 yr 9m for jeff skinner then a starting goalie 2c 3c and top 9 winger depth .. shall i go on ??
Nighthawk liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:38 p.m.
there are most definately pieces here i must not be seeing chicago is getting a lot for nothing going out .. de haan and d. strome .. wow risto and hutton and picks bowman would actually earn his job on this one.. i have no clue why ppl are high on d. strome but imho he is at best a roll player bottom 6... risto is being seroiusly devalued on almost every trade i have seen.. buffalo is getting a serious beatdown on this one imho.. and 2022 nyr 1st that would flat out be DEAL BREAKER..
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
2018 Canucks
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
the biggest problem buffalo has in 8 yr 9m for jeff skinner then a starting goalie 2c 3c and top 9 winger depth .. shall i go on ??

I see 3C Sutter could be a cheap add to help depth & D & PK & he pots goals ok. Black hole for creating. 2C is hard for many teams. Top 9 W can be had easy enough & not all that pricey.
hockey_GoDz liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:47 p.m.
I see 3C Sutter could be a cheap add to help depth & D & PK & he pots goals ok. Black hole for creating. 2C is hard for many teams. Top 9 W can be had easy enough & not all that pricey.

agree with sutter i have said in several other post that i think buffalo gettting sutter would be a very good fit with the right trade smile)
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:48 p.m.

i also agree with you that buffalo has a great many options to fix what problems they have.. but i still think that skinner and okposo contracts are 2 biggest hurdles .. go pens go
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
2018 Canucks
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
i also agree with you that buffalo has a great many options to fix what problems they have.. but i still think that skinner and okposo contracts are 2 biggest hurdles .. go pens go

Cap for many teams is subtract so can add. Buyers market causing less movement.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
Both Boqvist and Mitchell are ready day one next season, Mitchell has had time to develop in college hockey, Boqvist was playing regular minutes for us this season,

CBO’s will likely not be issued, and Risto sucks at hockey in general, so we don’t want or need him. However, let’s say we did want him, for some dumb reason, why would we give up our 2C for him? I think if Risto + Garbage was worth a 2nd line center it would have happened by now.

Because Chicago already has a younger number two center in Dach, who allows them to slot an entry-level contract there, while letting the remainder of money-laden deals ellipse. Oh, by the way, also puts getting a number one goalie (and money to afford him) on the table; with names like Holtby, Lehner and others out there, you don't have to dump players to get one.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 11:21 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Because Chicago already has a younger number two center in Dach, who allows them to slot an entry-level contract there, while letting the remainder of money-laden deals ellipse. Oh, by the way, also puts getting a number one goalie (and money to afford him) on the table; with names like Holtby, Lehner and others out there, you don't have to dump players to get one.

Toews is not going to be an effective number 1 center forever, and I like our center depth having Dach, Strome and Toews down the middle.

Really this trade opens up a need without filling one, and team's generally don't like to do that unless the return is very good. The return is nothing to be impressed by.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll