get ready to lambaste me Krueger is the problem

Created by: gretzkyghosts
Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 23, 2020
Published: Jun. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The team had no heart:
When Skinner was pushed around by Tampa no one came to his defense.

How can a GM add:
Olofsson
Johansson
Jokiharju
Miller
Vesey
and Montour for the entire season
Then end up with a worse record than the previous year?

Why not put Vesey with his friend, with who he practices during the off season?
I know Sam is not a great center man. but he played center in WC and Juniors, give him a chance.
Kyle may not be the fastest, but neither is Sam, they could lumber up the ice together.
I am sure Sam would find Jeff at least once a game with a stretch pass to put him in on the GK one on one.

So go ahead and hammer me. A GM could hardly have improved a team more and have so little to show (other then the Devils).
Okposo is paid $6,000,000 and only Jack, Sam, and Victor scored more per min than he.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,996,667$0$3,832,500$5,503,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 23, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

If I were Botterill, I would NOT play Sam with Jack as that only inflates Sam's value in a contract year.

While Pilut looked really good in Rochester, he was given chances under Housley as well as Krueger but he just was not NHL material. 6 pts, minus 12 in 46 games.

Why would a GM not bring in Hammond who he signed just in case?

Playing Sam with Jack only added $2,000,000 to Sam's long tern contract, I find it hard to believe a GM would want to do that.

When the Sabres played Tampa in Europe, not only did no one come to Skinner's defense, but no one jumped in after Ristolainen delivered a huge hit and was challanged.

Who would want to play for a coach who essentially discourages players sticking up for each other.

I know all of the players say they like Krueger, if that were the case the results would have been much better, as we all put out for someone we like.

Let me say, it was not until end of the season review with many people who know more about hockey than I convinced me that Krueger WAS the problem.

I have not read anything here to convince me to that i was right originally and wrong for changing.

Wow. Talk about dumpster fires. To deal with these in a row:

That is precisely what I insinuated above. I also explained why he did.

Who were you watching? And you're going to quote plus/minus as a legitimate stat in 2020 (on a bad team no less)? Damn. Ballsy.

Botterill prioritized winning in Rochester (even over player development at times). That was the most likely cause for this insane move. It fueled a number of his insane moves and got him and the Rochester coaching staff rightfully fired.

Botterill did the exact same thing with Skinner. So can't believe he'd do it with Reinhart? Really? When a person shows you who they are, believe them. He was trying to use Jack as a selling point to keep the guys at any cost. Yeah...capologist was what they called that clown. He just had Crosby so guys took discounts to win.

Well this is straight out of dead puck era hockey. Should we still be pissed at Milan Lucic for running down Miller? This is hockey in the third man in, instigator era. Tell me we should get rid of those rules and I'm all in on changing that. Until then, criticize guys for not wanting to put the team in a bad spot? Please. Skinner also dives like crazy.

This is just apparent bias. You base this on what? One incident in Sweden from a team that hasn't been "standing up for each other" for a decade plus? Your mind is already made up if you can genuinely believe that load of crap.

Liking the coach helps a talented team elevate. Where was the talent? Where was anything resembling a competent center after Eichel? Oh yeah, a solid 4C in Larsson.

The phrasing is "more than me" not "more than I". Stop trying to sound smarter than you are. And whether or not these supposed hockey gurus are worth listening to is questionable as you only compare them to your own dubious standard. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Finally, there have been plenty of solid points on here from various people. You haven't presented a cogent argument (let alone, heaven forfend, an actual counterargument) against Krueger other than some whining about "toughness" (please don't use the phrase "blue collar", please don't do it...) and not getting results with a poorly constructed, under-talented roster.

You clearly still have Miller-induced Post-Lucic Stress Disorder. Get over it.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 7:02 a.m.
Quoting: Taxtime
You've clearly already made up your mind and are stuck in the past. How does any of that have to do with Krueger?

LOL!
Did you listen to the interview as I asked?
If you did not please do not call me stuck in the past.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 7:16 a.m.
Edited Jun. 24, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: Taxtime

The phrasing is "more than me" not "more than I".

LOL
If one were to finish the sentence it would be "More than I know"
not "More than me know"
Talk about trying to be smarter making an incorrect comment about my grammar.

Did you listen to the O'Reilly exit interview?
I am only going comment about Skinner and Reinhart, and Rochester.
Reinhart is an RFA not need to convince him to stay.
Yes Botterill made Rochester a priority to bring in a winner, that is where the culture of winning starts in the AHL, then it transfers to the NHL after winning there.

Talk to me after listening to the O'Reilly interview.

EDIT:
"many people who know more about hockey than I convinced me that Krueger WAS the problem."
This means that they know more about hockey than I know about hockey.
"many people who know more about hockey than me convinced me that Krueger WAS the problem."
This means they know more about hockey than they know about me.

Let me add, when one is reduced to insulting ones correct use of grammar, it normally means they have lost the argument as they have nothing of substance to add to the conversation.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 7:35 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: WellIDK
I think the problem is bigger than just the coach. They had a good start this season (9-2-2 in october) and it's not the first time Buffalo collapsed after a good start. They were 20-9-5 in last year and finished with a 33-39-10 record. I don't watch a lot of Buffalo games so sure, Krueger could be a part of the problem. But Buffalo has quite some problems; they lack offense (they're a bottom team in scoring for years), defense isn't spectacular (even though Dahlin and Jokiharju is a good core for the future) and they lack a true #1 goalie. Last year Hutton was pretty good for most of the season, this year Ullmark was. But both aren't consistently good.
However, after the collapse last year and ruining a good start this year, I'd also question the character/mentality of the players too. 20-9-5 to 33-39-10 last year is an insane collapse.

Typical of a team that lacks veteran leadership. Adam's needs to add a few older guys this summer on the cheap. Jack needs mentoring and support in the dressing room.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Quoting: Leon_HART_Draisaitl
Typical of a team that lacks veteran leadership. Adam's needs to add a few older guys this summer on the cheap. Jack needs mentoring and support in the dressing room.

Yes, that is one of the reasons why Botterill added Johansson.
I think Botterill wanted to put Reinhart at #2 center and Johansson at #3 as I have outlined above.
I do not know how closely you follow the Sabres, but last year, the team tanked right after Berglund left the team
This year the team fell apart after Sobotka was out for the season and Hutton suffered an eye disorder.
Jun. 24, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

EDIT:
"many people who know more about hockey than I convinced me that Krueger WAS the problem."
This means that they know more about hockey than I know about hockey.
"many people who know more about hockey than me convinced me that Krueger WAS the problem."
This means they know more about hockey than they know about me.

Let me add, when one is reduced to insulting ones correct use of grammar, it normally means they have lost the argument as they have nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

YOU NEVER MADE AN ARGUMENT so how could I have lost it... You stated opinions with nothing to support it. Just pointing out the stupid.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll