RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 23, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Like I understand the entire post is troll, i knew from the beginning but there has to be some realism if you want to be persistent on arguing some things.
For example:
Jones had a Corsi Player Rating (CPR) of 78.31 this year, which is 4th amoung RD league wide, Rielly had a CPR of 75.31 this year for 14th amoung LD.
Jones had a GAR of 4.5 and WAR of 0.8 this year and Rielly had a GAR of 4.4 and WAR of 0.8, so according to EW they were roughly equally as relevant this year

rielly also played a long time with a broken foot before he officially sat out but i agree with your point. I also believe morgan rielly is very overrated because he puts up a lot of points
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: Viqsi
JFresh's article, despite the seriously clickbaity headline, comes to almost reasonable conclusions - he argues merely that Jones shouldn't be considered elite because he feels there's deficiencies in Jones' game whose existence is hinted at by advanced statistics. The OP, by contrast, is insisting Jones "has the potential" to become a second-pairing guy. Not that he's presently a second-pairing guy - that he might be that someday if he improves. JFresh got piled on a little excessively. This guy is a pathetic troll who deserves every bit of scorn and dismissal he's getting and more besides.

Did not see the potential part while scrolling through the replies ......that's a bad take
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
That depends. On the topic of Bjorkstrand versus Marner earlier, were we discussing Marner, or Marner's reputation?

Marner has a reputation of being a very good player and backs that up. People who watch Bjorkstrand know hes a very good player so i dont understand your point. Jones has a reputation of being a superstar even though he isnt. Marner has a reputation of being a very good player and actually backs that up.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: Jack_
kapanen is a middle 6 player on almost all nhl teams and kerfoot is a good 3c.

And when has that package ever been traded for a top pairing 25 year old all-star RHD??? I'd like to see some examples please.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
of course im trolling people. on CF people think Jones is Baby Jesus 2.0 for some reason when its very clear he isnt. ive never said he isnt talented but besides one extremly good season Jones hasnt been that good and it bugs me that people think hes a top 10 defenseman because of 17-18

You've gone down a few rungs on the respect ladder after this insanity rant Jack.

I'm starting to think that you have already drank too much of the blue koolaid.

Your favouritism for the team that you support is severely clouding your judgment.

In this particular instance.... You are dead wrong in your analysis.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: GMs
Poehling + Lehkonen + 2nd rd pick vs Morgan Reilly, Reilly isn’t that good, a solid #3

Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Like I understand the entire post is troll, i knew from the beginning but there has to be some realism if you want to be persistent on arguing some things.
For example:
Jones had a Corsi Player Rating (CPR) of 78.31 this year, which is 4th amoung RD league wide, Rielly had a CPR of 75.31 this year for 14th amoung LD.
Jones had a GAR of 4.5 and WAR of 0.8 this year and Rielly had a GAR of 4.4 and WAR of 0.8, so according to EW they were roughly equally as relevant this year

Rielly was better then Jones based off xWAR. rielly is atrocious defensively but he more then makes up for it offensively. Rielly was also better in transition this season and they were both extremely close the previous 3 seasons. while both are very close in on ice results Rielly ranks better in expected results
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:13 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Trevorchef
You've gone down a few rungs on the respect ladder after this insanity rant Jack.

I'm starting to think that you have already drank too much of the blue koolaid.

Your favouritism for the team that you support is severely clouding your judgment.

In this particular instance.... You are dead wrong in your analysis.

you to bud. youre just like everyone else by saying Jones is good and not using any sort of evidence or knowledge to prove your point. Just saying a player is good because everyone else is saying so doesnt mean its true. at least i have facts behind my analysis
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
And when has that package ever been traded for a top pairing 25 year old all-star RHD??? I'd like to see some examples please.

in this case a 26 year old defenseman who has no reason to be an allstar based off his play on the top pair
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
you to bud. youre just like everyone else by saying Jones is good and not using any sort of evidence or knowledge to prove your point. Just saying a player is good because everyone else is saying so doesnt mean its true. at least i have facts behind my analysis

I base my analysis on logic, stats, eye test, team needs, and reality. I am NEVER swayed by what "other" people are saying.

You've made a really ****ty proposal here that is completely one sided in favour of the Leafs.

Seth Jones for the players that you have in that package is an absolute joke. That is where it starts and ends. That is the point that I have been arguing the entire time.

Your trade proposal is laughable. And the CBJ's, both teams fan bases and the entire NHL community would laugh at it as I do now.

It is just silly. Accept that.
Viqsi, brocklesnar and Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
I got a better idea?

How about realizing that value, or at least a good chunk of it, relies on what someone is willing to pay for it. YOU may think Jones is overrated or whatever and heck even if you were right, that doesn't stop the troves of other fans, analysts and hockey people who think he is ELITE and worthy of ELITE value. As long as there is a sizable amount people who believe this, his value will be that high, regardless of what you think.

Jones is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for him. Its not a "Price" as so many on here like to use.
Viqsi, Trevorchef, Ajp_18 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
in this case a 26 year old defenseman who has no reason to be an allstar based off his play on the top pair

You are really grasping at straws now. Please stop this nonsense. That trade proposal is laughable.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
I base my analysis on logic, stats, eye test, team needs, and reality. I am NEVER swayed by what "other" people are saying.

You've made a really ****ty proposal here that is completely one sided in favour of the Leafs.

Seth Jones for the players that you have in that package is an absolute joke. That is where it starts and ends. That is the point that I have been arguing the entire time.

Your trade proposal is laughable. And the CBJ's, both teams fan bases and the entire NHL community would laugh at it as I do now.

It is just silly. Accept that.

based off what his on ice value is its more then fair.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
You are really grasping at straws now. Please stop this nonsense. That trade proposal is laughable.

Im grasping for straws? Your point in that comment was literally confirming my point. The majority of players that make the all star game are there for past performances or because someone on their team has to go. Holtby, Andersen, Bertuzzi, Weber and many other guys make it because what theyve done in the past. that describes Jones extremly well. He hasnt really been great for a few years now but lets send him there for something he did in 17-18 am I right?
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
mostly harmless
Marner has a reputation of being a very good player and backs that up. People who watch Bjorkstrand know hes a very good player so i dont understand your point. Jones has a reputation of being a superstar even though he isnt. Marner has a reputation of being a very good player and actually backs that up.

How does he back that up? There's no advanced stats that show that Marner backs that up.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
based off what his on ice value is its more then fair.

At this point, I just think you are after the attention because your argument does not back up the reality of the trade.

On ice value based on what exactly? His analytics? LOL... Jesus Christ man.... I thought you were smarter than that. Perhaps I have given you too much credit.

When was the last time that a team traded two 3rd line players, a bust prospect and a draft pick for a top pairing 25 year old RHD on a great contract AAV?

If you can answer me that... maybe I will let it go. Until then... the offer is absolutely sub par in every way.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
How does he back that up? There's no advanced stats that show that Marner backs that up.

Tons of things. Hockeyviz, Evolving Hockey, tons more. Where are you even looking?
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
At this point, I just think you are after the attention because your argument does not back up the reality of the trade.

On ice value based on what exactly? His analytics? LOL... Jesus Christ man.... I thought you were smarter than that. Perhaps I have given you too much credit.

When was the last time that a team traded two 3rd line players, a bust prospect and a draft pick for a top pairing 25 year old RHD on a great contract AAV?

If you can answer me that... maybe I will let it go. Until then... the offer is absolutely sub par in every way.

Based off what value he brings to the table he isnt that great. Dom Lusziu3jgdion has a thing that creates a market value based off what he does and it says he should be making 4.6 million. It's not perfect but it's still something so we know he isnt on that great of a contract. His isolated threat isnt very good at all meaning hes not a very good play driver. He wasnt that good in transition this season. His GAR, xWAR and WAR isnt spectacular- again war and gar isnt perfect but it's better then the eye test. His RAPM is very pedestrian too. His on ice value isnt that great because he and his team dont accomplish much when he is on the ice. Playing on the 2nd pair would be far better for him and his on ice results meaning he isnt a top pair norris defenseman
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Dead inside

Literally everyone disagrees with you. I only recently got into CapFriendly but you’re the leafs fan they talk about overvaluing our players and undervaluing others.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
mostly harmless
Tons of things. Hockeyviz, Evolving Hockey, tons more. Where are you even looking?

Tons of things back up Jones' value. GAR and WAR already were mentioned here. Where are you even looking?
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Best In The World
Not even close for Jones. CBJ are not even looking to move the face of there franchise either.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
Based off what value he brings to the table he isnt that great. Dom Lusziu3jgdion has a thing that creates a market value based off what he does and it says he should be making 4.6 million. It's not perfect but it's still something so we know he isnt on that great of a contract. His isolated threat isnt very good at all meaning hes not a very good play driver. He wasnt that good in transition this season. His GAR, xWAR and WAR isnt spectacular- again war and gar isnt perfect but it's better then the eye test. His RAPM is very pedestrian too. His on ice value isnt that great because he and his team dont accomplish much when he is on the ice. Playing on the 2nd pair would be far better for him and his on ice results meaning he isnt a top pair norris defenseman

Thank you. You have just proved my point.

You are basing your point on statistical analytics exclusively.

Dom L ...has never played a game of professional hockey in his life. He is a stats nerd. His models are theory. Somewhat qualified and somewhat mathematically quantified but, theory based on data.

If that is your knowledge and the genesis of a trade like this... you are absolutely missing the point. If you make an analysis on a player base solely on these theories... you have missed the point.

You are trash IMO now dude. Way to go from insightful to regretful in less than two hours.

Brutal.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Tons of things back up Jones' value. GAR and WAR already were mentioned here. Where are you even looking?

Micah blake Mccurdy's stuff, transition data. I'm all ears to hear what you're looking at
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
mostly harmless
Micah blake Mccurdy's stuff, transition data. I'm all ears to hear what you're looking at

EbNFYaGXkAIAKSa?format=jpg&name=900x900
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
Kings v5 GM

Dom L ...has never played a game of professional hockey in his life. He is a stats nerd. His models are theory. Somewhat qualified and somewhat mathematically quantified but, theory based on data.

If that is your knowledge and the genesis of a trade like this... you are absolutely missing the point. If you make an analysis on a player base solely on these theories... you have missed the point.

You are trash IMO now dude. Way to go from insightful to regretful in less than two hours.

Brutal.

Brutal.

Damn dude that hurts. My whole world revolves around what some random people on a hockey salary cap page think lmfao. My point is that Jones isnt a 1st pairing defenseman and based off of on ice value that deal is fair. You keep citing age and all star games which generally mean nothing. At this point he pretty much is what he is and that is a defenseman who plays on the top pair and doesnt do well.
Jun. 23, 2020 at 6:50 p.m.
mostly harmless
Damn dude that hurts. My whole world revolves around what some random people on a hockey salary cap page think lmfao. My point is that Jones isnt a 1st pairing defenseman and based off of on ice value that deal is fair. You keep citing age and all star games which generally mean nothing. At this point he pretty much is what he is and that is a defenseman who plays on the top pair and doesnt do well.

My point is that Marner isn't a top-line winger and based off of on ice value it's a fair assessment. You haven't cited anything beyond naming random places where there might be information, which shows absolutely nothing. At this point he pretty much is what he is and that is a winger who plays alongside superstars and is carried by them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll