SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/San Jose Sharks

Thomas Gregoire

Jun. 26, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
I keep forgetting about Gregoire. Where do you all think he’ll end up next season? He could be a good placeholder for Merkley as bottom pair RHD if ready.
@papishark @Klara @RawZuccSauce420 @JumboJoe
Jun. 26, 2020 at 6:10 p.m.
Quoting: Jexus
I keep forgetting about Gregoire. Where do you all think he’ll end up next season? He could be a good placeholder for Merkley as bottom pair RHD if ready.
@papishark @Klara @RawZuccSauce420 @JumboJoe

The thing about Gregoire is that he's still on an AHL deal meaning he's not NHL eligible at the moment, and while he put up decent numbers in the AHL, from my perspective he doesn't look like he's gonna pan out to be an NHLer but you never know.

Fear the Fin interviewed a few pro scouts regarding Sharks prospects: https://www.fearthefin.com/2020/2/20/21145160/san-jose-sharks-barracuda-prospects-scouts-blichfeld-gregor-suomela-letunov-chmelevski-gambrell
Here's what the scouts had to say from that article:

Thomas Gregoire
Scout #1: “I’m not sold. If you’re a small player, you better have a high upside in something. Skating, skill, hockey sense, you gotta have something.”

Scout #2: “You can see his skill, the way he sees the ice. He’s jumped out when I’ve watched him play. He can do some special things with the puck.

“But I don’t know if he’s a great skater. It’s so hard to be a smaller defenseman in the NHL. You gotta be a pretty dynamic player. I’ll never write anybody off for being too small, but you wonder what his role is going to be at the next level. That’s a tough one for me.”

Scout #3: “He has some offense in the American league, but not enough to translate to the NHL. He won’t be playing PP at the next level. And he’s terrible defensively.

“I thought for a second, maybe this guy’s got something. But he just doesn’t have enough to round it out.”
Jexus liked this.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
Quoting: RawZuccSauce420
The thing about Gregoire is that he's still on an AHL deal meaning he's not NHL eligible at the moment, and while he put up decent numbers in the AHL, from my perspective he doesn't look like he's gonna pan out to be an NHLer but you never know.

Fear the Fin interviewed a few pro scouts regarding Sharks prospects: https://www.fearthefin.com/2020/2/20/21145160/san-jose-sharks-barracuda-prospects-scouts-blichfeld-gregor-suomela-letunov-chmelevski-gambrell
Here's what the scouts had to say from that article:

Thomas Gregoire
Scout #1: “I’m not sold. If you’re a small player, you better have a high upside in something. Skating, skill, hockey sense, you gotta have something.”

Scout #2: “You can see his skill, the way he sees the ice. He’s jumped out when I’ve watched him play. He can do some special things with the puck.

“But I don’t know if he’s a great skater. It’s so hard to be a smaller defenseman in the NHL. You gotta be a pretty dynamic player. I’ll never write anybody off for being too small, but you wonder what his role is going to be at the next level. That’s a tough one for me.”

Scout #3: “He has some offense in the American league, but not enough to translate to the NHL. He won’t be playing PP at the next level. And he’s terrible defensively.

“I thought for a second, maybe this guy’s got something. But he just doesn’t have enough to round it out.”

Thanks for that. Im a believer in Meloche as well. Maybe he'll take that spot.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Quoting: Jexus
Thanks for that. Im a believer in Meloche as well. Maybe he'll take that spot.

I honestly don't think Meloche gets tendered a QO but we'll see.
papishark liked this.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Gets an NHL deal imo
Jun. 26, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Bad Take Bot v1.02
I think in maybe 2 years he gets a min NHL contract, but I don't find it likely he ever plays games.

The two players on the Barracuda I think will get NHL deals are Keaton Middleton, I've liked his game since I first saw him play at the rookie tournament last year, and Weinger.

Gregoire just feels to 1 dimensional to make it as a bottom pair D.
Jexus liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll