SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Who would you pick?

Which player would you pick?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 26, 2020 at 9:22 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
If we’re assuming that the habs get 9th overall, and these 8 players are taken before the habs pick:

Alexis Lafrenière
Quinton Byfield
Tim Stützle
Jamie Drysdale
Cole Perfetti
Lucas Raymond
Jake Sanderson
Marco Rossi

Who would you choose? Would you go with one of the snipers in Quinn/Holtz, a 2-way centre in Lundell, or the best goalie in Askarov? Or would you go a little off the board?
Leemer and SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Secondary question, would you take Sanderson ahead of who you would pick here?
Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien, math731, Leemer and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 9:52 p.m.
This is tough, Lundell is one of my personal favorites, Quinn is Timmins' neighbor, Askarov has elite talent, and Holtz is a perfect sniper. I'd have to go with Holtz though because he is the best fit for the Habs in the worst case scenario. And I would pick Sanderson over Holtz.
Kotkaniemi15 and math731 liked this.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Yes I would. Sanderson is my first choice at 9.
Jun. 26, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Fan of the OHL

Holtz or Quinn a few miles ahead of Sanderson who I believe is overrated based on quality of competition- please Green Bay gamblers, Souix falls or Lincoln Stars aren’t exactly hockey hotbeds. I believe we can pick up D at picks 39,40 or 61 without massive falloff from Sanderson. Sanderson May have a pedigree like Brisson but Still imo overrated.
We would be foolish to draft Askarov- Do we really think Askarov would be patient sitting after 2 years of assumed minimum development waiting for Price to depart? Do we really think we could trade Price’s massive contract to make room for Askarov? Do we think we would buyout Price’s albatross of a contract? If I’m Askarov, I’ll chance sitting out and getting redrafted rather than wait for playing time alongside Carey or waiting for him to move. If you are going to draft a goalie that high you had better be prepared to give him substantial playing time 3 years after his draft year. If he’s BAP theory then you look at trading him which without much experience unless he lights up the AHL may not have the value
Jun. 28, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Evans truther
I wouldn't take Sanderson with our first mainly because as much as people love to hate Timmins he does have a very good sense at picking defenders in round 2-6 whereas the same guy seems to miss on almost everyone in first rounds (Still talking about defenders only). Yes Sergachev and McDonagh were good picks but a broken clock is right twice a day yet when putting those aside you check his track record from Fisher, Tinordi, Beaulieu to the Quinn Hugues draft night where he was quoted ''I don't think he can defend in the NHL'' he does have an issue regarding elite/superstar potential in defenders. On the other side of the medal he drafted Romanov, Mete, Harris, Fleury, Dietz (Laugh all you want he's a top pairing guy in the KHL), Subban, Weber, Streit in later rounds and maybe aside from Subban none are top 2 defenders (As of now) in the NHL but you have some solid second and third pairing options in there.
All in all Montreal seems to be better at drafting and dev with later guy, options in this year's draft contain guys like Niemela, Grans, Nickl, Villeneuve, Cormier, Andrea, Viro, Bauer and Ottavainen which could all lead to solid picks. Please Montreal just take the best guy on your board (Which I know at 9 shouldn't be Sanderson and my vote goes to, Jack Quinn.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 4:52 a.m.
Sanderson is definitely the preferred guy.

I think MB personally takes Lundell though. I think Holtz is the BPA, but Bergevin always chooses the Center over the winger.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 8:37 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: HabsForEver
Sanderson is definitely the preferred guy.

I think MB personally takes Lundell though. I think Holtz is the BPA, but Bergevin always chooses the Center over the winger.

we learned from kotkaniemi that berge may not take bpa. BUT, the habs have pretty good depth everywhere, so I think he takes either Sanderson or Holtz
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Jul. 31, 2020 at 8:25 a.m.
Nick

I would pick Holtz for sure if he’s there at 9. I would pick Sanderson ahead of everyone you listed except Hotlz and Lundell. Not as big on Quinn than most. I also really like Jarvis, but there will be better options at 9.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit