SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Fair Eichel Trade

Created by: GoodGravy94
Published: Jun. 26, 2020 at 10:49 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 41/186 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres

Trade occurred while using LTIR
LTIR Relief: $6,675,000
LTIR Used Prior to Trade: -$3,875,357
OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresNHL-$10,000,000111---68364278--
Kahun, DominikBuffalo SabresNHL-$925,000111---56121931--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Strome, RyanNew York RangersNHL-$3,100,000111---70184058--
Deangelo, AnthonyNew York RangersNHL-$925,000111---68153853--
Buchnevich, PavelNew York RangersNHL-$3,250,000111---68173047--
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$792,500111-------3.040.91
Andersson, LiasWaivers ExemptNew York RangersLoan-$0011---17011--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,550,3572245613411
Change$2,857,5002331-10
Final$13,407,857 (↑)24 (↑)48 (↑)64 (↑)4 (↑)3 (↓)1124850

Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Strome, RyanNew York RangersNHL-$683,333111---70184058--
Deangelo, AnthonyNew York RangersNHL-$203,897111---68153853--
Buchnevich, PavelNew York RangersNHL-$716,397111---68173047--
Georgiev, AlexandarNew York RangersNHL-$174,690111-------3.040.91
Andersson, LiasWaivers ExemptNew York RangersLoan-$0011---17011--
2020 1st round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Eichel, JackBuffalo SabresNHL-$2,204,301111---68364278--
Kahun, DominikBuffalo SabresNHL-$203,897111---56121931--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the Buffalo SabresBUF)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,049,3672245624715
Change-$629,881-2-3-3-110
Final$6,419,486 (↓)20 (↓)42 (↓)59 (↓)3 (↓)8 (↑)15-2-480
Jun. 26, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
1. Eichel isn’t on the block and the Sabres have no reason to trade him.
2. If he was, this isn’t getting it done. Not even close to good enough.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 1:16 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: MJCrv
1. Eichel isn’t on the block and the Sabres have no reason to trade him.
2. If he was, this isn’t getting it done. Not even close to good enough.

1. Eichel probably isn't on the block but that hasn't stopped the last 100 people from posting trade ideas so why now?
2. This offer is certainly fine it has true top end talent and depth of personnel. It's probably one player out for a better player but saying it's not close is imbecilic.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: reelkena
1. Eichel probably isn't on the block but that hasn't stopped the last 100 people from posting trade ideas so why now?
2. This offer is certainly fine it has true top end talent and depth of personnel. It's probably one player out for a better player but saying it's not close is imbecilic.

If the Sabres were ever forced to consider dealing Eichel because he asked for a trade. this package is definitely in the ballpark. I'd demand Kakko instead of Strome or Buchnevich.... then I'd make the deal. I'm a little curious to know what our friend MJCrv would consider a fair return for Eichel? neither the Leafs nor the Oilers would consider trading McDavid or Matthews for Eichel plus top up talent; neither of the Tkaczuk brothers are getting moved; would the Bruins move any of their 'old championship' core for Eichel? Tyler Seguin & Benn? Aho, Staal & Pesce & a 1st from Carolina? Eckblad & Barkov from Florida? Rantenen, Kadri & Makar from the Avalanche?... just some ballpark ideas off the top of my head....
reelkena liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: JohnnyCanucklehead
If the Sabres were ever forced to consider dealing Eichel because he asked for a trade. this package is definitely in the ballpark. I'd demand Kakko instead of Strome or Buchnevich.... then I'd make the deal. I'm a little curious to know what our friend MJCrv would consider a fair return for Eichel? neither the Leafs nor the Oilers would consider trading McDavid or Matthews for Eichel plus top up talent; neither of the Tkaczuk brothers are getting moved; would the Bruins move any of their 'old championship' core for Eichel? Tyler Seguin & Benn? Aho, Staal & Pesce & a 1st from Carolina? Eckblad & Barkov from Florida? Rantenen, Kadri & Makar from the Avalanche?... just some ballpark ideas off the top of my head....

I agree but you can demand Kaako all you want you're not getting him. Theres a deal there without him.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
The Sabres can’t be forced into trading Eichel. Jack has no power since he’s under contract for 6 more years. That being said, I’ll play along. If the Sabres are trading Eichel, it isn’t for anything that doesn’t include a superstar #1 center. You don’t trade the hardest asset to acquire and create a GIANT hole at 1C. They traded ROR for nothing and have been roasted for it. I guarantee there’s no way it’s happening again.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.
I agree but you can demand Kaako all you want you're not getting him. Theres a deal there without him.

Kaako isn’t even close to what the Sabres want in return. They need a proven 1C in return. The fact is that the Rangers have nothing to offer for Eichel. It’s not a knock on the Rangers. They’re doing a great job with that team. They just don’t have the pieces Buffalo would want.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
The Sabres can’t be forced into trading Eichel. Jack has no power since he’s under contract for 6 more years. That being said, I’ll play along. If the Sabres are trading Eichel, it isn’t for anything that doesn’t include a superstar #1 center. You don’t trade the hardest asset to acquire and create a GIANT hole at 1C. They traded ROR for nothing and have been roasted for it. I guarantee there’s no way it’s happening again.

Many unhappy superstars have demanded & gotten trades from teams that were constantly missing the playoffs... and those teams rarely got full value back.

Here's an offer for you to consider - Matthews, Nylander & Liljegren for Eichel, Dahlin & Samuelsson.... in the ballpark?
Jun. 27, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
Many unhappy superstars have demanded & gotten trades from teams that were constantly missing the playoffs... and those teams rarely got full value back.

Here's an offer for you to consider - Matthews, Nylander & Liljegren for Eichel, Dahlin & Samuelsson.... in the ballpark?

He can demand anything he wants, but they don’t have to trade him. Also, it’s worth noting that there’s no report of him asking to be traded. Regarding the trade, Buffalo would decline. Eichel’s contract is much more team friendly. That’s the main reason for declining. Also, Dahlin is going to be a stud. There’s just no reason to make that trade if you’re Buffalo.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
He can demand anything he wants, but they don’t have to trade him. Also, it’s worth noting that there’s no report of him asking to be traded. Regarding the trade, Buffalo would decline. Eichel’s contract is much more team friendly. That’s the main reason for declining. Also, Dahlin is going to be a stud. There’s just no reason to make that trade if you’re Buffalo.

Dahlin has future Norris Trophy winner all over him!!!!
MJCrv liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.

Hey Reelkena.... I know you're a huge fan of Nylander - would you trade Nylander for Kakko?
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:33 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Hey Reelkena.... I know you're a huge fan of Nylander - would you trade Nylander for Kakko?

i'm a fan of Nylander. Not a huge fan. I just know moving him doesn't fix Torontos cap problem. They need the 11 mil out of 1 player not 7. NYR shouldn't move Kakko for any reason. It doesn't make sense to hype your fan base with a player like this and give up on him in a year. Sports don't work like that. You will make yourself look like an idiot to your base and the fans will try to get you fired. None of this boosts attendance etc. Ignoring all that I think it's too early to tell on Kakko and Toronto needs to win now so I guess no from both sides.

For MJCrv, the Rangers have exactly the pieces Buf wants. I don't know why you decided they have to get a 1c in return. What they need to to patch several holes at once with people who will be there for a lot of years. Then you can't show a free agent 1c how close you are like the Leafs did with Tavares.

And also for Johnny, that 3 for 3 deal gives me so much nausea I can't even begin... Look at all the fans that you get to buy Jerseys. You gonna replace everyones Matthews, Nylander, Dahlin and Eichel jerseys? You can't just murder your fan base for a trade that doesn't really swing your team upwards. Neither team would slam dunk crush that trade. (toronto wins it but they don't go from a 10th place team to a 3rd place team or something) This is like fanfic ****. Helps no one, hurts millions of fans and gets people fired, loses attendance it's just, no.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
i'm a fan of Nylander. Not a huge fan. I just know moving him doesn't fix Torontos cap problem. They need the 11 mil out of 1 player not 7. NYR shouldn't move Kakko for any reason. It doesn't make sense to hype your fan base with a player like this and give up on him in a year. Sports don't work like that. You will make yourself look like an idiot to your base and the fans will try to get you fired. None of this boosts attendance etc. Ignoring all that I think it's too early to tell on Kakko and Toronto needs to win now so I guess no from both sides.

For MJCrv, the Rangers have exactly the pieces Buf wants. I don't know why you decided they have to get a 1c in return. What they need to to patch several holes at once with people who will be there for a lot of years. Then you can't show a free agent 1c how close you are like the Leafs did with Tavares.

And also for Johnny, that 3 for 3 deal gives me so much nausea I can't even begin... Look at all the fans that you get to buy Jerseys. You gonna replace everyones Matthews, Nylander, Dahlin and Eichel jerseys? You can't just murder your fan base for a trade that doesn't really swing your team upwards. Neither team would slam dunk crush that trade. (toronto wins it but they don't go from a 10th place team to a 3rd place team or something) This is like fanfic ****. Helps no one, hurts millions of fans and gets people fired, loses attendance it's just, no.

Lots of what you said is true, but this whole site is about having fun - imaging what might be. In my estimation getting Dahlin, would be worth upsetting any Matthews & Nylander fans & the deal would be a respectable one for the Sabres (far better than the O'Reilly deal)... and the rivalry it'd spark between the two teams - FIRE!!!!! that sells tickets too!
Jun. 28, 2020 at 12:54 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Lots of what you said is true, but this whole site is about having fun - imaging what might be. In my estimation getting Dahlin, would be worth upsetting any Matthews & Nylander fans & the deal would be a respectable one for the Sabres (far better than the O'Reilly deal)... and the rivalry it'd spark between the two teams - FIRE!!!!! that sells tickets too!

Why does a site used by actual NHL teams for information have to be only fun? I don't have fun by seeing ridiculous or illogical things. I enjoy seeing other people make trade ideas that I think makes sense.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 2:33 a.m.
Why does a site used by actual NHL teams for information have to be only fun? I don't have fun by seeing ridiculous or illogical things. I enjoy seeing other people make trade ideas that I think makes sense.

you think this trade idea is ridiculous and illogical?

these are the facts: the Leafs haven't won a playoff series with the skilled, Big 4 approach & are no guarantee to oust Columbus this year... the consensus is that their weakness is their D-core; the Sabres have yet to make the playoffs since drafting Eichel, even with Dahlin in their lineup this past season & does any knowledgable fan believe that next year will be any different? all these trade rumours would suggest that no one does... but the real question is does Eichel? (true, it's not a confirmed fact that he's quietly asked for a trade)

Dahlin would make the Leafs a better team & not force them to blow $8+ mil on a proven FA defender that would require them to unload one of the Big 4 anyway (even you have posted a Marner trade to Anaheim to free up cap space); if Eichel does want out & Buffalo is forced to deal him getting Matthews would be an amazing return... however, there is no reason for the Leafs to deal Matthews for Eichel plus some top talent. They'd have to be offered something they couldn't say no to - and Dahlin is that! and the Sabres would have to get one of other Big 4 in return to even consider including Dahlin.

As for upsetting the fanbases? I will refer to the 2019 NBA champion Toronto Raptors on this one: a savvy, tough & unsentimental GM, after several playoff heartbreaks, took a coldblooded assessment of his team & then traded the franchise's all-time leading scorer, who was still in his prime, who didn't want to leave the city, was under contract for a few more years, was beloved by the fans & was the best friend of the other all-star on the team for a player with only one year left before free agency... a bold, gutsy move that had the only objective that should concern any GM - winning a championship! not cuddling the feelings of the fanbase! and you know what? during the parade, I didn't see or hear any fans or Raptors crying over DeMarr... there was only dancing in the streets & debates about retiring the #2 jersey, not DeMarr's former #10.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 2:49 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
you think this trade idea is ridiculous and illogical?

these are the facts: the Leafs haven't won a playoff series with the skilled, Big 4 approach & are no guarantee to oust Columbus this year... the consensus is that their weakness is their D-core; the Sabres have yet to make the playoffs since drafting Eichel, even with Dahlin in their lineup this past season & does any knowledgable fan believe that next year will be any different? all these trade rumours would suggest that no one does... but the real question is does Eichel? (true, it's not a confirmed fact that he's quietly asked for a trade)

Dahlin would make the Leafs a better team & not force them to blow $8+ mil on a proven FA defender that would require them to unload one of the Big 4 anyway (even you have posted a Marner trade to Anaheim to free up cap space); if Eichel does want out & Buffalo is forced to deal him getting Matthews would be an amazing return... however, there is no reason for the Leafs to deal Matthews for Eichel plus some top talent. They'd have to be offered something they couldn't say no to - and Dahlin is that! and the Sabres would have to get one of other Big 4 in return to even consider including Dahlin.

As for upsetting the fanbases? I will refer to the 2019 NBA champion Toronto Raptors on this one: a savvy, tough & unsentimental GM, after several playoff heartbreaks, took a coldblooded assessment of his team & then traded the franchise's all-time leading scorer, who was still in his prime, who didn't want to leave the city, was under contract for a few more years, was beloved by the fans & was the best friend of the other all-star on the team for a player with only one year left before free agency... a bold, gutsy move that had the only objective that should concern any GM - winning a championship! not cuddling the feelings of the fanbase! and you know what? during the parade, I didn't see or hear any fans or Raptors crying over DeMarr... there was only dancing in the streets & debates about retiring the #2 jersey, not DeMarr's former #10.

I was talking about the Kakko trade...............
Edit: No nvm I was talking about the leafs trade too, yes i do think it is ridiculous and illogical.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 2:52 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
I was talking about the Kakko trade...............
Edit: No nvm I was talking about the leafs trade too, yes i do think it is ridiculous and illogical.

Dahlin isn't going anywhere. There's a difference between upsetting your fan base like the Raptors and nuking your fan base like an Eichel and Dahlin trade would do. This is a 0/10 idea.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:11 a.m.
Dahlin isn't going anywhere. There's a difference between upsetting your fan base like the Raptors and nuking your fan base like an Eichel and Dahlin trade would do. This is a 0/10 idea.

hasn't the Sabres fanbase been at ground-zero for almost a decade now? the whole concept was based on Eichel demanding a trade... if that isn't the case....
Jun. 29, 2020 at 5:56 a.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
hasn't the Sabres fanbase been at ground-zero for almost a decade now? the whole concept was based on Eichel demanding a trade... if that isn't the case....

there's ground zero, then there's a bankrupt franchise. Dahlin leaving with Eichel would bankrupt the team. Even with star returns. It's just so clearly not in the realm of possibility it's not even fun.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 9:35 a.m.
there's ground zero, then there's a bankrupt franchise. Dahlin leaving with Eichel would bankrupt the team. Even with star returns. It's just so clearly not in the realm of possibility it's not even fun.

If Eichel is quietly demanding a trade, The Sabres trade leverage is limited & getting the same scraps they got for O'Reilly will ensure the end you talk about... no one is giving them a 1C in return without Dahlin in the package. How unhappy will Dahlin be after another 4 years of no playoffs? which is the smart money bet... with or without Eichel
Jun. 29, 2020 at 12:45 p.m.
ur both missing the point .. both teams have massive holes.. st louis will not be keeping pietrangelo . 90% . he is the hands down best ufa this year after hall. buffalo if they can manage to trade ristolinnen
has the cap space to go after both. toronto and gm handcuffed the team with the big 4. toronto's D is a sieve. eichel isnt going anywhere if buffalo can manage to give him some support . but giving out 9m a year to a player like skinner.. buffalo needs offense 2c 3c and 2 tops 9 wingers .. AND MOST Importantly stability in goal.. toronto with buyout and maybe a trade could get pietrangelo but i dont see how to make cap work on that .
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
ur both missing the point .. both teams have massive holes.. st louis will not be keeping pietrangelo . 90% . he is the hands down best ufa this year after hall. buffalo if they can manage to trade ristolinnen
has the cap space to go after both. toronto and gm handcuffed the team with the big 4. toronto's D is a sieve. eichel isnt going anywhere if buffalo can manage to give him some support . but giving out 9m a year to a player like skinner.. buffalo needs offense 2c 3c and 2 tops 9 wingers .. AND MOST Importantly stability in goal.. toronto with buyout and maybe a trade could get pietrangelo but i dont see how to make cap work on that .

if we're both missing the point, what is the point? You just said a bunch of stuff that doesn't go anywhere.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
If Eichel is quietly demanding a trade, The Sabres trade leverage is limited & getting the same scraps they got for O'Reilly will ensure the end you talk about... no one is giving them a 1C in return without Dahlin in the package. How unhappy will Dahlin be after another 4 years of no playoffs? which is the smart money bet... with or without Eichel

smart money disagrees with you. I would put money on Dahlin being a Saber in 4 years.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
if we're both missing the point, what is the point? You just said a bunch of stuff that doesn't go anywhere.

no i made valid point the trades ect u talked about dont help either team .. dubas cause tor cap problem and losing marner wont fix that it will just create a bigger problem .. as for buffalo their problems are fixed much easier but skinner contract will always be a royal pain .. for all 32 gms not just the sabers new gm .. agent are gonna use that to all the other gms dismay
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: hockey_GoDz
no i made valid point the trades ect u talked about dont help either team .. dubas cause tor cap problem and losing marner wont fix that it will just create a bigger problem .. as for buffalo their problems are fixed much easier but skinner contract will always be a royal pain .. for all 32 gms not just the sabers new gm .. agent are gonna use that to all the other gms dismay

"losing marner wont fix that it will just create a bigger problem"

Ok nvm, you're an idiot. Even if I'm somehow wrong about what I think here in value or team need, it still fixes the cap problem. Don't bother responding again. There are reasonable people on here I can converse with.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:09 p.m.
a trust a ignorant punk to resort to name calling ur the idiot if u think tavares is even close to marner .. tavares never should have been signed and he should be the one to get traded not marner..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll