Forums/Armchair-GM

serious question

Created by: chloewoj
Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 27, 2020
Published: Jun. 27, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
there’s been plenty of speculation about the draft lottery being rigged, not just this year but plenty of years before. do you guys seriously think that the NHL rigged this years draft lottery so there would be more hype around the playoffs? in my own opinion, i truly think they did because this is the only way the NHL can compete with the NBA playoffs and the MLB for TV ratings. this could be a bad take but let me hear your thoughts.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$999,999,999$11,999,167$0$415,000$988,000,832
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$817,500$817,500
C, LW
RFA - 5
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,666,667$1,666,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$809,167$809,167
RD
RFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$770,000$770,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:08 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Hmmmm interesting. Either yeah this year's lottery is the best joke of 2020 by far
Riley816 and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
Banned
I don’t think it’s rigged because if it was leafs would of got mcdavid over Edmonton
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
CGY
I don't think that it's rigged at all.

Every team is sent all of the combinations. If they were messing around, it would get out. Stevie Y is not the type to sit and be quiet, if he sees some tomfoolery.

If the lotto was rigged EDM would not have got McDavid. He would have went to TOR, or ARI
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Hmmmm interesting. Either yeah this year's lottery is the best joke of 2020 by far

Good theory. Die-hard fans will still watch. Especially with a team wins or has a chance for 1 OA. A!most a yeah we win or yeah we have a 12.5%, maybe more for Tor, NYR, CHI markets, chance.

Hated watching the lottery last night...
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I think if it was rigged there would have been more movement, another nhl card cracking top 8 and one of those teams falling out of top 8. 12 to 1 is kinda interesting though, canucks slot but we will see who gets that lucky if rigged. Coyotes getting might scream rigged
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:23 a.m.
wpg
well it was about 1 in 4 chance (25%) of the pick going to a placeholder team just as much as the pick going to OTT.. those odds r far from impossible
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
CatmanVal
I’ll tell you something serious (and I’m doing it here because it’s a neutral post):

Over the past month of being on this website, I have been called names, been completely shat on, literally been called someone’s backup account which is plain wrong, and just yesterday, I got a minor infraction because I called two guys “morons” for claiming I am a backup account.(after being called an idiot I might add)

So I am leaving this website for good. The important part is this: there are good guys, and bad guys. Because some guys treated me and others with respect, and some just came here to fight everyone. This is my list, but it’s one that I know most people agree on.

Good/Nice people: @McGruff @Jesus @bhavikp27 @Silkysmooth42 @OldNYIfan @MaxDomi13 @ConnorMcHellebucyk @MMBzFan @ngikas @csick and oh so many others

Bad/Rude people: @Bcarlo25 @ON3M4N @dartguy22 @CD282 @Capitalfail67 @leafs_and_sens_fan and a few more guys there too

PLEASE: choose to be kind to people. Don’t make people hate a website they just joined
ConnorMcHellebucyk, csick, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:29 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: CatmanV
I’ll tell you something serious (and I’m doing it here because it’s a neutral post):

Over the past month of being on this website, I have been called names, been completely shat on, literally been called someone’s backup account which is plain wrong, and just yesterday, I got a minor infraction because I called two guys “morons” for claiming I am a backup account.(after being called an idiot I might add)

So I am leaving this website for good. The important part is this: there are good guys, and bad guys. Because some guys treated me and others with respect, and some just came here to fight everyone. This is my list, but it’s one that I know most people agree on.

PLEASE: choose to be kind to people. don’t make people hate a website they just joined

Don't leave because a few people were rude.

That's just part of life.

The best thing is to move on and make the best of it.

If you want to leave, that's fine. But don't feel pressured to leave by a few bullies

If you do leave, I wish you the best man.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
burn the pegulas

Good/Nice people: @McGruff @Jesus @bhavikp27 @Silkysmooth42 @OldNYIfan @MaxDomi13 @ConnorMcHellebucyk @MMBzFan @ngikas @csick and oh so many others

Bad/Rude people: @Bcarlo25 @ON3M4N @dartguy22 @CD282 @Capitalfail67 @leafs_and_sens_fan and a few more guys there too

PLEASE: choose to be kind to people. Don’t make people hate a website they just joined

hi!!! please don’t leave!! i know that there’s some really mean people on this website...trust me, i’ve been absolutely crushed by some people on here...i think everyone has. but please don’t leave because of those low life people.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
MMBzFan

Some are over sensitive and defensive. Even I do it sometimes. Just evaluate the the armchair team and move on. And stay away from name calling. Cheers!
MisstheWhalers, ConnorMcHellebucyk, Capitalfail67 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: chloewoj
hi!!! please don’t leave!! i know that there’s some really mean people on this website...trust me, i’ve been absolutely crushed by some people on here...i think everyone has. but please don’t leave because of those low life people.

Quoting: MMBzFan
Some are over sensitive and defensive. Even I do it sometimes. Just evaluate the the armchair team and move on. And stay away from name calling. Cheers!

Just so you guys know, when you quote a post, take out the @ because then everyone gets pinged.

Just wanted to let you know.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.

Probably should take your own advice lol. This is two days now you've @ me to complain. I haven't replied to your post since the big thread involving silky. The only reason you say I'm bad is because I have him blocked and actually get along with Carlo.

No one cares if you leave, just like no one would care if I left. Whether you leave or not doesnt matter for me because I'm going to just block you and no matter what it'll be like your gone. You don't like someone block them, thats what the feature is for. Instead you want to make a spectacle out of things like were in high school.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
I think its very convenient that they now get to have a 2nd draft show to see who gets #1OA. Also for the chance that the consensus #1OA could end up playing for Montreal which I believe is where he's from (or close to it)
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 12:13 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
@CatmanV

Just engage in a friendly debate fella, not a war.

Saying things like - "Agree to disagree" works wonders on here...

It's fantasy and nothing we say or do here truly matters anyway; it's just entertainment; sometimes it's fun.

Lots of dudes/dudettes make my blood boil here daily but they do everywhere I go.

Best to sense when it might get out of hand, flash em' a smile emoji or a like and find a different thread!
happy
ON3M4N, bhavikp27, MisstheWhalers and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: ON3M4N
I think its very convenient that they now get to have a 2nd draft show to see who gets #1OA. Also for the chance that the consensus #1OA could end up playing for Montreal which I believe is where he's from (or close to it)

You may have taken the words from my mouth ONNY!
(posted this last night somewhere in this labyrinth)

Based on organizational need and best for the WHOLE LEAGUE of the teams eligible above (ie: the Hockey Market, GM in a Hot Seat, Hot-Merch $$, Buzz etc.)
I'd say the best bang for the LEAGUE buck of the play-ins to get #1 is:
MTL
ON3M4N liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Idk if it's rigged or not but this entire playoff system the Nhl has come up with and the subsequent draft lottery is epic ****in bull****!

No way Montreal and Chicago should even be included in the playin/playoffs at all and no way in hell the 1st overall pick could potentially go to Toronto or Pittsburgh but that's what's happening! And no this isn't some dislike for the Pens or Leafs talking, even if the team I cheer for gets the 1st overall pick I'll still say it's wrong and that this is nonsense!

Should have just finished a shortened regular season to 72, 74 or 76 games instead of a three week training camp and based the playoffs and draft off of the final standings.

What the NHL has come up with is just total garbage.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
Edited Jun. 27, 2020 at 1:31 p.m.

Probably should take your own advice lol. This is two days now you've @ me to complain. I haven't replied to your post since the big thread involving silky. The only reason you say I'm bad is because I have him blocked and actually get along with Carlo.

No one cares if you leave, just like no one would care if I left. Whether you leave or not doesnt matter for me because I'm going to just block you and no matter what it'll be like your gone. You don't like someone block them, thats what the feature is for. Instead you want to make a spectacle out of things like were in high school.

I also have had him blocked for the last couple weeks.

He kept tagging me in posts where he makes incendiary comments hoping to get a reaction out of me, kept posting rude comments under my posts and was calling me all sorts of derogatory names.

If you were a respectful person you would get respect in return. Unfortunately it seems you can only be respectful towards people who share your opinions.

If you want to leave please leave. But don't make a post tagging me and several other people as "bad" because I actually find several of the people on both lists are good people who have differences in opinion.

I have nothing against you but calling people low life people... really?
ON3M4N and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Now back to your original programming; hope you enjoyed the interlude and the soothing Muzak!

Q: IS THE DRAFT LOTTERY RIGGED?

I'd say no.
Too much at stake for the league beyond just the "pick".
For example, a large multi-national accounting/legal firm put their name to it and they alone would lose millions $$$!
Jun. 27, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Edited Jun. 27, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.

Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
I also have had him blocked for the last couple weeks.

He kept tagging me in posts where he makes incendiary comments hoping to get a reaction out of me, kept posting rude comments under my posts and was calling me all sorts of derogatory names.

If you were a respectful person you would get respect in return. Unfortunately it seems you can only be respectful towards people who share your opinions.

If you want to leave please leave. But don't make a post tagging me and several other people as "bad" because I actually find several of the people on both lists are good people who have differences in opinion.

I have nothing against you but calling people low life people... really?

I didn't actually call him any names or anything I just speculated that he had more than 1 account bc he was constantly commenting on conversations that I was having with someone else. It was never constructive either. just always aggressive and angry. just seemed shady to me. I said 1000x I didn't care one way or the other. this just seems like a sad pity post. you can just block the "mean people" but bc people don't agree with you and ive actually been called names by you you. you don't have to respond. no one is forcing you to respond. you can just ignore people. its just a weird thing to do like announcing your retirement from this site. don't be a hypocrite and imagine people would be nice to you.
ON3M4N liked this.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 2:06 p.m.
MMBzFan
Quoting: McGruff
Now back to your original programming; hope you enjoyed the interlude and the soothing Muzak!

Q: IS THE DRAFT LOTTERY RIGGED?

I'd say no.
Too much at stake for the league beyond just the "pick".
For example, a large multi-national accounting/legal firm put their name to it and they alone would lose millions $$$!

Ask Rec Wing fans. Were a ton on HFboards and twitter dragging Bettman around. Not happy.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
CatmanVal
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk

If you want to leave, that's fine. But don't feel pressured to leave by a few bullies

Just so you guys know, when you quote a post, take out the @ because then everyone gets pinged.

Just wanted to let you know.

@CatmanV

It's fantasy and nothing we say or do here truly matters anyway; it's just entertainment; sometimes it's fun.

Lots of dudes/dudettes make my blood boil here daily but they do everywhere I go.

Best to sense when it might get out of hand, flash em' a smile emoji or a like and find a different thread!
happy

I appreciate it boys. As you can see, the jerks are still trying to make excuses and call me weak or whatever “take your own advise”, like what?. I don’t care.

More than anything, it’s the “oh you are someone’s backup account” that really is why I’m leaving. If people don’t think I am my own person than A) what’s the point in being here. And B) they are actually so crazy that’s it’s not worth ignoring them

Thanks again, best
-CatmanV
Jun. 27, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
Banned

Good/Nice people: zzz

Bad/Rude people: zzz

@CatmanV

happy

Im so sorry thats that case man and believe me I have dealt with it too. Its honestly so annoying are I guess the best thing we can all learn to do is ignore it.

In saying all that: I do get it. As the person who was being called "your main account". Its friggin annoying to be told that you arent your own person. Like thats really really rude and annoying. So like totally get if if you want to leave, there is no shame in it, there is no calling you weak or spineless or anything like that.

If people are going to literally dehumanize you, you have the right to end that dehumanization.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Ask Rec Wing fans. Were a ton on HFboards and twitter dragging Bettman around. Not happy.

I'm not a "Twitter" but I bet it's pretty toxic!
Jun. 27, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
I'm not a "Twitter" but I bet it's pretty toxic!

Ya it pretty crazy, wings fans are livid.
Jun. 27, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
burn the pegulas
Ya it pretty crazy, wings fans are livid.

as they should be though.
ON3M4N and Capitalfail67 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll