Forums/Armchair-GM

Devils trade up for Drysdale

Created by: Drw4209
Team: 2020-21 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 27, 2020
Published: Jun. 27, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Assuming top 3 picks are Laf, Byfield, Stutzle and Vancouver pick ends up somewhere in the 16-20 range...

Would Devils be interested in trading up to 4 for Drysdale believing Ottawa would take him at 5?
Trades
DET
  1. 2020 1st round pick (VAN)
  2. 2020 1st round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
7th + 16th-20th
NJD
  1. 2020 1st round pick (DET)
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (DET)
Additional Details:
4th + 32nd
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the DET
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$81,500,000$44,759,166$0$1,140,000$36,740,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$6,083,333$6,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 1
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$157,500$158K)
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
the only bad take here that you think CHL is high level hockey. It's a step up from high school level.
Not quite college.

Considering CHL develops by far the most talent in the NHL, your take is incredibly wrong. Comparing it to highschool is a joke. For someone who played at a high school level, it is not even remotely comparable. Get out of here. One of the Worst comments I’ve read on CF

https://chl.ca/article/339-chl-alumni-on-2019-20-opening-night-nhl-rosters
CD282 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
Considering CHL develops by far the most talent in the NHL, your take is incredibly wrong. Comparing it to highschool is a joke. For someone who played at a high school level, it is not even remotely comparable. Get out of here. One of the Worst comments I’ve read on CF

https://chl.ca/article/339-chl-alumni-on-2019-20-opening-night-nhl-rosters

Yeah, when 32% of the league is coming out of the NCAA. A large portion out of Europe, +30%.
You get 30 some percent of the players from the CHL. And that number is shrinking. I think the last I saw it was 32%.
"71 CHL Players Selected in 2019 NHL Draft. Vancouver, B.C. – The Canadian Hockey League today announced that 71 CHL players were selected in the seven rounds of the 2019 NHL Draft held in Vancouver, accounting for more than 32% of all 217 players chosen by all 31 NHL clubs"

You got 60 teams in the CHL. Each got like what 28 guys on them. That's almost 1700 players.
It's not even close to college level. And because it's drafted instead of recruited you can't have major programs like at the NCAA level.
Which is why the level of play is so much lower.
You don't have Ohio States, or Alabama teams. You don't have Duke or Kentucky teams.
And you don't get to see that competition level play it out.
So don't come tell me about the level of play there. I Know what the level of play is there. It's not even close to on par.
The CHL was the power house out the NHL, because other places didn't get noticed. That has changed drastically.
The percentage of players out the CHL has been in decline for years.
It's a set up from highschool. It's not close to NCAA level. And until they either shrink the teams, or let teams recruit to have stiffer competition it never will be.
It's the equivalent of D1 highschool football. I know you don't get that. But it is. You have teams in Highschool football who are power house teams.
St. John Bosco , Saint Ignatius, North Shore etc....
Most are private schools. They heavily recruit players. They aren't quite college level teams but they aren't exactly highschool teams either.
That is the state of the CHL. So yes. It is indeed like highschool sports.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Yeah, when 32% of the league is coming out of the NCAA. A large portion out of Europe, +30%.
You get 30 some percent of the players from the CHL. And that number is shrinking. I think the last I saw it was 32%.
"71 CHL Players Selected in 2019 NHL Draft. Vancouver, B.C. – The Canadian Hockey League today announced that 71 CHL players were selected in the seven rounds of the 2019 NHL Draft held in Vancouver, accounting for more than 32% of all 217 players chosen by all 31 NHL clubs"

You got 60 teams in the CHL. Each got like what 28 guys on them. That's almost 1700 players.
It's not even close to college level. And because it's drafted instead of recruited you can't have major programs like at the NCAA level.
Which is why the level of play is so much lower.
You don't have Ohio States, or Alabama teams. You don't have Duke or Kentucky teams.
And you don't get to see that competition level play it out.
So don't come tell me about the level of play there. I Know what the level of play is there. It's not even close to on par.
The CHL was the power house out the NHL, because other places didn't get noticed. That has changed drastically.
The percentage of players out the CHL has been in decline for years.
It's a set up from highschool. It's not close to NCAA level. And until they either shrink the teams, or let teams recruit to have stiffer competition it never will be.
It's the equivalent of D1 highschool football. I know you don't get that. But it is. You have teams in Highschool football who are power house teams.
St. John Bosco , Saint Ignatius, North Shore etc....
Most are private schools. They heavily recruit players. They aren't quite college level teams but they aren't exactly highschool teams either.
That is the state of the CHL. So yes. It is indeed like highschool sports.

You are an absolutely clown. Yes CHL draft in the NHL has been declining but it is still the vast majority of where players are selected from and it’s because hockey is becoming more of an international game. Most of the best players in the NHL have all played in the CHL. Hell even Europeans like Kucherov and Drai have came over to play in the CHL because it’s the highest level of talent.
CHL players by default are younger than college players but the skill level is much higher. How on earth could you compare it to high school sports? The best players in the NHL come from the CHL: Crosby, mackinnon, Mcdavid, etc... (I’m not going to name every CHL star because it would take too much time).

You are out to lunch on this one. One of the worst takes I’ve seen on here. Just because the average age of a CHL team is younger doesn’t mean it’s a worst league. It produces by far the highest end talent and it isn’t even close
CD282 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
Dry is probably off the board at 3.

Laf, Stutzle, Dry.....

I think that's gonna be the break down.
Everything after those players is a guy who has some knocks on them. Those 3 really don't.

Byfield doesn't have any weaknesses in his game and he's nearly a year younger than Lafreniere and Stutzle. Oh, and have you ever seen Stutzle's muffin shot? He didn't get a single goal at the WJC and scored just 7 in the DEL this year - despite getting 1st unit PP time on both teams.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
there is no smoke. There is a unanimous consent around the league that Stutzle is the 2nd best player in the draft.
Most of that is due to playing style when compared to Laf. Little separates those two.

Blatantly incorrect.

"Five of 10 scouts surveyed by TSN ranked Stutzle No. 2 overall; the same number had Byfield in that slot."

https://www.tsn.ca/bob-mckenzie-s-final-ranking-lafreniere-the-surest-thing-in-most-uncertain-draft-year-1.1488272

But really, the only thing that matters is what LA scouts think,and nobody knows that.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.

He reminds me a lot of pool party. He beat up on the smaller kids to look good. But when he got to the NHL he couldn't transition that game because it was never going to work.

You're so full of **** your eyes are brown. Puljujarvi played in men's leagues for two years before he was even drafted.

smh.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
You are an absolutely clown. Yes CHL draft in the NHL has been declining but it is still the vast majority of where players are selected from and it’s because hockey is becoming more of an international game. Most of the best players in the NHL have all played in the CHL. Hell even Europeans like Kucherov and Drai have came over to play in the CHL because it’s the highest level of talent.
CHL players by default are younger than college players but the skill level is much higher. How on earth could you compare it to high school sports? The best players in the NHL come from the CHL: Crosby, mackinnon, Mcdavid, etc... (I’m not going to name every CHL star because it would take too much time).

You are out to lunch on this one. One of the worst takes I’ve seen on here. Just because the average age of a CHL team is younger doesn’t mean it’s a worst league. It produces by far the highest end talent and it isn’t even close

This is some half baked logic.
Hell some of the best players in the NFL and NBA all came out of private high schools. Hell there are players in like every league that either went to school together or have been playing each other since highschool. So spare me it's not similar.
I just gave you the numbers. They are real numbers. They count the Europe players who came out the CHL. It's 32%. 32% of guys got drafted last year out the CHL. A number that has been in drastic decline the past 5 years. It takes time for those numbers to effect league wide, but it's coming.
You compare that to the NCAA. Which is also getting like 32% of players in the NHL. But they got far fewer teams. They have to use Division 2 and 3 teams to make a "league". Which is why you get schools like Robert Morris.
But everyone knows the real competition there is in the larger Division 1 schools, which is where all the actual good players go and where they get drafted from. And those teams face off often. Which is why you have great rivalries.
So the level of play is concentrated and higher. Which is why you don't see guys putting up absurd 2 ppg averages. Because they aren't running over basically high school kids. This isn't hard to figure out.

The only one out to lunch on this is you. It's not hard to figure this crap out.
You have a diluted talent pool where a hand full of guys are going somewhere at any given time. If you consider they really play 3 years or less. 17,18,19. 28 players, 60 teams. 71 got drafted.
1680 players. 213 drafted over 3 years. You are looking at like 12% of the players being NHL level. And the vast majority of the ones who aren't are no where close to that level.
But you are going to tell me that is high level competition. That's basically 2.5 players on a team. How stiff do you really think that competition is. Not nearly what you make it out to be.
Hell it's not even counting the fact that other sports don't have costs to enter. Like basketball. Cost doesn't prohibit the best talent from playing or people from even playing at all.
Which is a huge increase in talent for other sports.
What you have in the CHL is 1 or 2 good players on a team and then a huge drop off as you get down the list. To the point it's basically looking at some of these D1 power house highschool teams.
It's the same damn thing.
So yeah, you get a hand full of high talent guys, who come in and run over high school kids. It's basically. It's basically D1 highschools playing your average highschool.
Which is why the numbers are absurd.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: CD282
You're so full of **** your eyes are brown. Puljujarvi played in men's leagues for two years before he was even drafted.

smh.

No one is saying he didn't. But his game did not translate over. He used his size on guys who were not NHL talent, and was not able to do that at the NHL level.
That's the point.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Banned
Byfield doesn't have any weaknesses in his game and he's nearly a year younger than Lafreniere and Stutzle. Oh, and have you ever seen Stutzle's muffin shot? He didn't get a single goal at the WJC and scored just 7 in the DEL this year - despite getting 1st unit PP time on both teams.

This is a load of crap. He does have weaknesses in his game. Which is why people knock him for taking shifts off.
He's not jesus walking on water.
It appears you got the brown eyes there buddy.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.

smh.

this person is a clown. just add to your ignore list and save yourself the annoyance.
CD282 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
No one is saying he didn't. But his game did not translate over. He used his size on guys who were not NHL talent, and was not able to do that at the NHL level.
That's the point.

And it's incorrect. But you do you.
mhockey91 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll