Forums/Armchair-GM

This is REALLY gonna piss some people off - Come join the scream fest

Created by: Random2152
Initial Creation Date: Jun 28, 2020
Published: Jun 28 at 10:33
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Team Explanation
Hronek is a young Dman who looks like a solid top-4 option on a team that DESPERATELY needs talent (inflating his value to them). He also fills a need for the Maple Leafs and is why I am willing to LOSE a trade to acquire him. It is important for CF users to remember that Hronek is not and likely will not be a top pair or number 1 dman and should not be valued as such even if he is used in that manner on the wings. With that being said I am fully prepared to suffer the barrage of those who overvalue him and/or undervalue the Leafs.

Leafs get:
A pressing need filled with a good young player on a cheap elc with years of control.
Upgrade from Liljegren to Hronek, mostly in timeline but also in potential as he has progressed faster.

Wings get:
A pick upgrade in a deep draft
Kapanen

Liljegren looks like he will be a solid 2nd pairing Dman who can shut down top lines while having excellent passing ability and the long term upside makes this trade a big win for the wings. They also get Kapanen who has top 6 upside but is burried behind Marner and Nylander in Toronto. This moves gives him a spot higher in the lineup and will allow his crazy speed and talent to shine next to Larkin and Mantha.

I have already said it but I want to make it clear that I think the Leafs lose this trade, but I think the need is pressing enough and that we'd need to overpay to get Hronek.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
Mikheyev, Ilya4$2,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
Spezza, Jason1$700,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Hronek, Filip
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (SJS)
DET
  1. Liljegren, Timothy
  2. Kapanen, Kasperi
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (PIT)
  2. 2020 4th round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. Dermott, Travis [RFA Rights]
Buyouts
  • Mikhail Grabovski: $0
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Phil Kessel: $1,200,000 (15%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
PIT
SJS
TOR
VGK
CHI
VGK
TOR
CAR
COL
SJS
STL
WPG
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,519,366$0$157,500$980,634
Left WingCenterRight Wing
TOR
Hyman, Zach
$2,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Matthews, Auston
$11,634,000
C
UFA - 4
TOR
Nylander, William
$6,962,366
RW, LW
UFA - 4
TOR
Robertson, Nicholas
$821,667
LW
RFA - 3
TOR
Tavares, John
$11,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
TOR
Marner, Mitchell
$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 5
TOR
Johnsson, Andreas
$3,400,000
LW
UFA - 3
TOR
Kerfoot, Alexander
$3,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
TOR
Mikheyev, Ilya
$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
TOR
Engvall, Pierre
$1,250,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
TOR
Spezza, Jason
$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
TOR
Barabanov, Alexander
$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
TOR
Muzzin, Jake
$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
TOR
Holl, Justin
$2,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
TOR
Andersen, Frederik
$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Rielly, Morgan
$5,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
DET
Hronek, Filip
$714,166
RD
RFA - 1
TOR
Campbell, Jack
$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
TOR
Sandin, Rasmus
$894,167
LD
RFA - 2
TOR
Lehtonen, Mikko
$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
TOR
Marincin, Martin
$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
TOR
Brooks, Adam
$725,000
C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun 29 at 12:14
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: justaBoss
Wild guess but probably John Gibson.

Thats it. I remember now.
HEYO 6 pages! I might beat my record! On a nothing post too lol.
justaBoss liked this.
Jun 29 at 12:15
FireDougWilson
Quoting: Random2152
Yeah, Ima go with the ones who have been doing goalie tracking for more than 6 months and whose goalie model isn't experimental thanks.

Lol keep going with ur bs numbers cause here are there two last seasons and spoiler alert, AG>FA
Jun 29 at 12:16
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Lol keep going with ur bs numbers cause here are there two last seasons and spoiler alert, AG>FA

Wow. Imagine saying something like this. Genuinely one of the most stupid things I've read in a thread where someone compared Sandin to Lindstrom.
Jun 29 at 12:18
FireDougWilson
Wow. Imagine saying something like this. Genuinely one of the most stupid things I've read in a thread where someone compared Sandin to Lindstrom.

EH literally complied their numbers over the last two years and you still come back at me saying they’re wrong get a life troll pretty much everything you've said tonight was proven to be false
Pmwalker liked this.
Jun 29 at 12:21
Just Keep Swimming
EH literally complied their numbers over the last two years and you still come back at me saying they’re wrong get a life troll pretty much everything you've said tonight was proven to be false

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though you say this and have no self awareness. Pretty much everything you've said is crap tonight while nothing I've said is wrong lol. You really discarding moneypuck and Tierney just like that huh? Boy do you not have a clue. If this is your position there is no helping you. I think that is enough for tonight and may god help your poor ****ing soul.
Jun 29 at 12:28
MisstheWhalers
Holy **** 6 pages deep!.. Lol

So since you're kind of giving Dermott away here instead of trading him for a 2nd if you replaced the 2nd going to Detroit with Dermott would that change things from a Wings perspective and get them to bite perhaps? Maybe the Wings send something extra but that's a pretty solid offer.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun 29 at 12:34
We don't need Dermott so definitely not happening.
Jun 29 at 12:36
Ahh forgot about CDH. Fair enough that trade could be made to nearly any other team.

Yes, plus beyond Carlsson who is looking really good, we have Beaudin, Krys and Vlasic also ready in the next year or two. Hawks are loaded with defensive prospects and only have a need for a true #1 LHD
Jun 29 at 12:54
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Holy **** 6 pages deep!.. Lol

So since you're kind of giving Dermott away here instead of trading him for a 2nd if you replaced the 2nd going to Detroit with Dermott would that change things from a Wings perspective and get them to bite perhaps? Maybe the Wings send something extra but that's a pretty solid offer.

I have a talent for pissing this site off. Bask in my glory
Jun 29 at 1:58
Steve
I have a talent for pissing this site off. Bask in my glory

Nobody’s pissed, every now and again we all just like to hit a circus and watch a clown!
Jun 29 at 2:57
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Stevierebz
Nobody’s pissed, every now and again we all just like to hit a circus and watch a clown!

And I have to say you were a fine attraction this evening. Many thanks
Jun 29 at 3:03
FireDougWilson
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though you say this and have no self awareness. Pretty much everything you've said is crap tonight while nothing I've said is wrong lol. You really discarding moneypuck and Tierney just like that huh? Boy do you not have a clue. If this is your position there is no helping you. I think that is enough for tonight and may god help your poor ****ing soul.

LOL no self awareness so you claimed Liljegren is NHL ready (you said that it was must my opinion that he wasn’t which isn’t true), you claimed that Hronek really isn’t that good which isn’t true at all and a few Wings fans have come out saying he isn’t for sale(AKA it would take a pretty big overpayment to get him, so in this case at least remove the 3rd and add a 2nd going to DET(at least), you literally called for rearranging deck chairs when that’s literally the worst thing ever for a rebuilding team, you claimed that FA has had a better GSAx that AG over the pst 2 seasons(18-19, 19-20) which isn’t true...

Notice a pattern here??
Jun 29 at 9:11
The hawks trade wasn't the purpose of this post, but I just wanted to say that the Hawks don't want/need Dermott
Jun 29 at 10:42
Pmwalker
So Sandin is comparible to Lidstrom and Lils is a lock to be a top 4 defender. And other teams are the ones accused of overvaluing their prospects constantly.
Jun 29 at 11:56
Pmwalker
I’m mean honestly who is this guy spouting his bull**** and then telling people to shut the **** up if they don’t agree with him. How juvenile. Funny how the majority of the time it’s fans of the same team.
Jun 29 at 12:03
Pmwalker
A better name for these boards honestly would be Leafsfriendly. The amount of crap they get away with is staggering lately.
Jun 29 at 12:36
Not interested in moving Hronek for lesser parts. Hronek and Seider hopefully anchor our top 4 RD spots for the next decade. I’d be interested in Kapanen but not at the expense of either of those D unless it involves Sandin.
Jun 29 at 12:38
Just Keep Swimming
LOL no self awareness so you claimed Liljegren is NHL ready (you said that it was must my opinion that he wasn’t which isn’t true), you claimed that Hronek really isn’t that good which isn’t true at all and a few Wings fans have come out saying he isn’t for sale(AKA it would take a pretty big overpayment to get him, so in this case at least remove the 3rd and add a 2nd going to DET(at least), you literally called for rearranging deck chairs when that’s literally the worst thing ever for a rebuilding team, you claimed that FA has had a better GSAx that AG over the pst 2 seasons(18-19, 19-20) which isn’t true...

Notice a pattern here??

Yeah. That you don't have the first ****ing clue what you are talking about considering I am correct on all points I actually argued for. Some of the things you accuse me of arguing for in this post I never did, but hey feel free to think that I did so you can walk away thinking you've won
Jun 29 at 12:51
FireDougWilson
Yeah. That you don't have the first ****ing clue what you are talking about considering I am correct on all points I actually argued for. Some of the things you accuse me of arguing for in this post I never did, but hey feel free to think that I did so you can walk away thinking you've won

If you believe that Hronek doesn’t fit in DET because you claimes that he won’t fit in their SC window, does that mean that Yzerman should move Bertuzzi, Larkin and Mantha?

Of course it bloody well doesn’t, reason being that rearranging decl chairs isn’t the proper way to build a contender, sorry if that’s too hard to understand
Jun 29 at 12:52
FireDougWilson
Quoting: BStinson
Not interested in moving Hronek for lesser parts. Hronek and Seider hopefully anchor our top 4 RD spots for the next decade. I’d be interested in Kapanen but not at the expense of either of those D unless it involves Sandin.

« But, but Hronek is a year older than TL »
BStinson liked this.
Jun 29 at 12:56
« But, but Hronek is a year older than TL »

Probably should just retire now and get it over with awesome face
Jun 29 at 12:58
Just Keep Swimming
If you believe that Hronek doesn’t fit in DET because you claimes that he won’t fit in their SC window, does that mean that Yzerman should move Bertuzzi, Larkin and Mantha?

Of course it bloody well doesn’t, reason being that rearranging decl chairs isn’t the proper way to build a contender, sorry if that’s too hard to understand

You have very, very clearly missed the point of this whole thing and are trying to attribute a point I never made to it, which is unsurprising considering that seems to be all you do.
Jun 29 at 1:08
FireDougWilson
You have very, very clearly missed the point of this whole thing and are trying to attribute a point I never made to it, which is unsurprising considering that seems to be all you do.

You literally said that the point of a rebuild is to move players who can’t fit into your next SC window and you kept saying that Liljegren being a year younger than Hronek makes this trade worth it for DET which is as stupid as it gets. You must have amnesia lol you don’t even remember words that you typed
Jun 29 at 1:16
Just Keep Swimming
You literally said that the point of a rebuild is to move players who can’t fit into your next SC window and you kept saying that Liljegren being a year younger than Hronek makes this trade worth it for DET which is as stupid as it gets. You must have amnesia lol you don’t even remember words that you typed

No. I didn't. Way to pay attention there bud. Feel free to read back through the thread.
I did say that Liljegren better fits in with detroits window, but not that this was the reason for the trade. You have terrible reading skills, to go along with your awful evaluation skills.
Jun 29 at 1:20
Marner Stan Account
Edited Jun 29 at 2:20
You overvalue Hronek, or undervalue Kapanen and Liljegren. The Leafs lose this trade by a good margin.

Detroit fans won’t even trade Hronek for Marner, obviously they wouldn’t want this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll