LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Lol useless... otherwise known as learning to play in the NHL at the age of 18

Don't remember the last time a 1st and 2nd overall pick struggled so much in their 1st season. I'm not saying he'll be bad, he could even be a top 6 guy next year but I'm just saying with him being a non-factor they were still likely a playoff team so they wouldn't be hurting if they moved him necessarily
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Sub Kakko for Lias and it's fair

No, it’s not. The Rangers don’t have the pieces to make an appealing offer
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: MJCrv
No, it’s not. The Rangers don’t have the pieces to make an appealing offer

That's hilarious!
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Forgot to add the "fans" when I said Sabres. That price still seems pretty high to make it worthwhile for us. And for all we know Zibanejad could wind up making less than Eichel if that's what makes you want to trade him.

it's not really that, it's the term. Zibanejad has had a pretty spotty injury history over his career. He's missed time in 3 of the last 4 seasons. I don't trust his body to age particularly well into his 30's, and even if hes' able to compromise a bit on AAV (I can't see him taking less than the 9.2 Backstrom just took), there's no way he's signing for less than 6 years. That's the part that I'm trying to avoid. It's really not how much the contract is, it's the term, and I don't think there's any way Zibanejad is taking a 3-4 year deal lol.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: lamar1226
Zib is easily as good as Eichel, just a little older and a lot less term. i think its close

Please. Do your homework. Eichel is one of the premier centers in the league. Zib is not making this deal happen
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
That's hilarious!

The truth hurts
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
The truth hurts

Except it's not.

- Zibanejad
- Kakko
- Trouba
- Fox
- Lundkvist
- Miller
- Jones
- Robertson
- Georgiev
- Strome
-Kravstov
- Chytil
- Henriksson
- 3 first-round picks in next 2 drafts
- DeAngelo
- Andersson
- Lindgren
MJCrv liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Quoting: Terry_AkiSauce
Don't remember the last time a 1st and 2nd overall pick struggled so much in their 1st season. I'm not saying he'll be bad, he could even be a top 6 guy next year but I'm just saying with him being a non-factor they were still likely a playoff team so they wouldn't be hurting if they moved him necessarily

Sam Reinhart played 9 games in his 1st season. Scored 1 point.
Tyler Seguin had 22 points in 74 games on a team so stacked they won the cup

just a couple over the last 10 years.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I don't know man. The difference between Eichel and Zibanejad is not Trouba, at least one first and a solid prospect. It seems like a lateral move except for the fact that it costs a ton for a small upgrade in position. Why not use some of those assets to get someone to play behind Zib instead. It wouldn't be as costly and could give us much greater depth with Chytil centering a kids 3rd line or something of that nature.

Reality check. Eichel would be a huge upgrade at center. Zib finally has one great year and he’s a premier center? Eichel is on a different level.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
Lamar1226
Please. Do your homework. Eichel is one of the premier centers in the league. Zib is not making this deal happen

dont really care. keep your eichel and your garbage team. also keep your ****ty attitude as well
HOCKEYBOY448 liked this.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
Quoting: lamar1226
dont really care. keep your eichel and your garbage team. also keep your ****ty attitude as well

I will keep all of those things. Thank you
And you, keep your dreams of acquiring Eichel, even though you literally cannot make it happen.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:42 p.m.
redw1n9s
And you, keep your dreams of acquiring Eichel, even though you literally cannot make it happen.

Rangers can definitely make it happen. They have the pieces if they want to flip em...however, suggesting that Zib is as good as Eichel is hilarious.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:51 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: Sagecoll
Sam Reinhart played 9 games in his 1st season. Scored 1 point.
Tyler Seguin had 22 points in 74 games on a team so stacked they won the cup

just a couple over the last 10 years.

I literally said that I'm not calling him bad, just that he wasn't a factor for the team so they could move him without noticing his absence. Read at least before responding
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:51 p.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Quoting: redw1n9s
Rangers can definitely make it happen. They have the pieces if they want to flip em...however, suggesting that Zib is as good as Eichel is hilarious.

Led the league in G/gp this year and plays a good defensive game
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:55 p.m.
I literally said that I'm not calling him bad, just that he wasn't a factor for the team so they could move him without noticing his absence. Read at least before responding

I did....you said you couldn't remember a top 2 pick struggling as much in their 1st season. I'm helping to refresh your memory that's all. Didn't dispute any of the other stuff you said.

I completely agree they can move him.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:57 p.m.
Led the league in G/gp this year and plays a good defensive game

Zib is good and I’d love to have him on the Sabres as a 2C behind Eichel. I’m just saying that he’s not on the same level. Eichel is elite. That’s just a fact. He’s not really good or even really great. He’s elite.

When I say that the Rangers dong have the pieces to acquire Eichel, it’s based on the Sabres position and what they’d want in return, which is to replace him with another superstar center. In which case, what’s the point? Unless they’re getting McDavid or MacKinnon. The Sabres are looking to trade Eichel for depth or young players. They want to win now.
Jun. 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Zib is good and I’d love to have him on the Sabres as a 2C behind Eichel. I’m just saying that he’s not on the same level. Eichel is elite. That’s just a fact. He’s not really good or even really great. He’s elite.

When I say that the Rangers don’t have the pieces to acquire Eichel, it’s based on the Sabres position and what they’d want in return, which is to replace him with another superstar center. In which case, what’s the point? Unless they’re getting McDavid or MacKinnon. The Sabres are NOT looking to trade Eichel for depth or young players. They want to win now.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Terry_AkiSauce

When I say that the Rangers dong have the pieces to acquire Eichel, it’s based on the Sabres position and what they’d want in return, which is to replace him with another superstar center. In which case, what’s the point? Unless they’re getting McDavid or MacKinnon. The Sabres are looking to trade Eichel for depth or young players. They want to win now.

No team is trading a star centre for Eichel, that defeats the purpose of trading for him. If they suck again this year (which they will) they're gonna have to blow the whole thing up cause they dont even have the prospects on their way up that other bottom teams have. Eichel won't fit into their window anymore and he'll be moved for a less than stellar return as the dumpster fire continues. Also, Zib is elite for the record
HOCKEYBOY448 liked this.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
Lamar1226

"dreams" lol. i have no dreams of acquiring Eichel. its a forum for fantasy trades you need to calm down
HOCKEYBOY448 liked this.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
No team is trading a star centre for Eichel, that defeats the purpose of trading for him. If they suck again this year (which they will) they're gonna have to blow the whole thing up cause they dont even have the prospects on their way up that other bottom teams have. Eichel won't fit into their window anymore and he'll be moved for a less than stellar return as the dumpster fire continues. Also, Zib is elite for the record

That’s my point. What would be the point in trading Eichel? You don’t get better by trading the hardest asset to acquire. The Sabres aren’t far off. They just need depth, which doesn’t cost Jack Eichel to acquire.

Also, Zib had one great year. He’s not elite. If he can continue that, he’ll be among the better C’s in the league, but he’s not elite. He’s not on Jacks level. I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just fact.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.

Also, the Sabres aren’t TRYING to trade Jack Eichel. You’re trying to acquire him. So, you need to make an offer that replaces Jack and somehow makes the Sabres better. It’s not happening.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:17 a.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Also, the Sabres aren’t TRYING to trade Jack Eichel. You’re trying to acquire him. So, you need to make an offer that replaces Jack and somehow makes the Sabres better. It’s not happening.

That’s my point. What would be the point in trading Eichel? You don’t get better by trading the hardest asset to acquire. The Sabres aren’t far off. They just need depth, which doesn’t cost Jack Eichel to acquire.

Also, Zib had one great year. He’s not elite. If he can continue that, he’ll be among the better C’s in the league, but he’s not elite. He’s not on Jacks level. I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just fact.

I mean, Zib was a ppg last year too I'm pretty sure on a pretty bad rangers team. He won't score 40+ every year but hes without a doubt an elite centre who plays a solid two way game who now gets to play with Panarin on the PP. The Sabres need a lot more than depth and the more they lose, the harder it'll be to win with their current core. I'm willing to be a lot of money that Eichel leaves Buffalo before his contract is up AND the Sabres won't make the playoffs prior to that exit
HOCKEYBOY448 liked this.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:22 a.m.
I mean, Zib was a ppg last year too I'm pretty sure on a pretty bad rangers team. He won't score 40+ every year but hes without a doubt an elite centre who plays a solid two way game who now gets to play with Panarin on the PP. The Sabres need a lot more than depth and the more they lose, the harder it'll be to win with their current core. I'm willing to be a lot of money that Eichel leaves Buffalo before his contract is up AND the Sabres won't make the playoffs prior to that exit

Eichel can’t leave. He can only request a trade, which the Sabres don’t have to do. Eichel is signed for 6 more years. The Sabres hold all the cards. And yes, the Sabres just need depth. Their top line and 4th lines are great. It’s the second and third lines that struggled. If they get a true 2C and another depth winger, they’re in a playoff hunt. A top pairing vet dman would help as well.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:29 a.m.
Terry_AkiSauce
Eichel can’t leave. He can only request a trade, which the Sabres don’t have to do. Eichel is signed for 6 more years. The Sabres hold all the cards. And yes, the Sabres just need depth. Their top line and 4th lines are great. It’s the second and third lines that struggled. If they get a true 2C and another depth winger, they’re in a playoff hunt. A top pairing vet dman would help as well.

A 2C isn't a depth piece, Buffalo pretty much needs a whole 2nd line and 2nd pairing so they are very far off. And they hold all the cards just like they did with ROR, when it gets to a certain point, no matter how good a player is, if they aren't happy its a toxic environment in the dressing room and that'll lead to a trade.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 12:32 a.m.
A 2C isn't a depth piece, Buffalo pretty much needs a whole 2nd line and 2nd pairing so they are very far off. And they hold all the cards just like they did with ROR, when it gets to a certain point, no matter how good a player is, if they aren't happy its a toxic environment in the dressing room and that'll lead to a trade.

ROR never asked for a trade, so that’s false. It was a bad decision by a bad GM. ROR just spoke the truth about losing. He never wanted to leave.

Not sure what you think it takes to acquire a 2C, but it’s not Eichel. The Sabres have second line wingers (skinner and Johansson). They just need the center.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll