SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

Who do the Wings take

Who is the draft pick
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 29, 2020 at 10:37 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Who is the Red Wings pick at #4? (Assume Lafreniere, Stutzle and Byfield are gone.)
Do they trade up or down or stay put?
I've heard some Perfetti to Detroit talk, don't know how legit it is.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: Paul13
Who is the Red Wings pick at #4? (Assume Lafreniere, Stutzle and Byfield are gone.)

I came here to ask the exact same question haha but you beat me to it! My PERSONAL opinion is that they should take a forward (preferably a centre) in Marco Rossi. Someone told me yesterday, I think it was @DiehardRedWingsFan58 that they have ties to Perfetti and have scouted him a lot with Saginaw as Chris Osgood and Jimmy Devallano are business partners (or something along those lines). I have also heard and read that they have quite a bit of interest in the Swede (go figure lol) Raymond. So although I personally prefer Rossi, I think it will be either Perfetti or Raymond that they go with. It's truly 50/50 for me right now but if I HAD to chose, my guess is the Swede.
OutCold13 and aedoran liked this.
Jul. 9, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
#4 is the worst spot to be picking---not because they won't get a quality prospect--but because all of the Tier 1 & 2 guys will be gone (1- Lafreniere, Tier 2- Byfield and Stutzle) and the Tier 3 guys are picks approx 4-9 (Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, and Sanderson) The Wings should want to trade out of this spot and probably want to drive Drysdale's value upward for a team to reach up for (arguably) the best d-man in the draft.

I think it will be either Rossi or Drysdale with the Wings leaning towards Drysdale. But Stevie Y shocked me last year....
OutCold13 and aedoran liked this.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
2018 Canucks
Quoting: Paul13

Trade down instead of reaching again.

Maybe into the 10 or 12 range plus a 2nd & goalie
Jul. 30, 2020 at 2:29 a.m.
Quoting: Nighthawk
Trade down instead of reaching again.

Maybe into the 10 or 12 range plus a 2nd & goalie
Was it a reach?
Quoting: The Hockey News March 23rd 2020 Top 100 Prospect edition
The Red Wings look prescient for grabbing Seider with the No. 6 pick. Less than a year later, he’s one of the best prospects in the world.
They have him rated 6th best prospect and with Igor Shesterkin and Bowen Byram above him graduated to the NHL (Byram was in Phase 3 training camp--so he'll be there next season).

10 is too far to move down. 6-8th target. 6th for someone to jump ahead of Ottawa's 2nd pick if they think the Red Wings are going forward and want a d-man.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 3:17 a.m.
2018 Canucks
Edited Jul. 30, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Quoting: dca919
Was it a reach? They have him rated 6th best prospect and with Igor Shesterkin and Bowen Byram above him graduated to the NHL (Byram was in Phase 3 training camp--so he'll be there next season).

10 is too far to move down. 6-8th target. 6th for someone to jump ahead of Ottawa's 2nd pick if they think the Red Wings are going forward and want a d-man.

Not sold on Drysdale in the top 6-8. I’m not as high on him as most are. If Wings want a goalie take the chance Askarov slides. If not there is a few who could fall. Sanderson would be a steal if there. It’s a pretty deep F draft & something would be there imo.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
Was it a reach? They have him rated 6th best prospect and with Igor Shesterkin and Bowen Byram above him graduated to the NHL (Byram was in Phase 3 training camp--so he'll be there next season).

By reach I think he was referring to no other had him going before the end of the 1st round. I 100% agree Detroit should stay in the top 10.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 10:37 p.m.
Edited Jul. 30, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
By reach I think he was referring to no other had him going before the end of the 1st round. I 100% agree Detroit should stay in the top 10.
I remember hearing on draft day that he was rated 12-15th (and had been moving up draft boards) and that the Wings tried to work a trade down but no one wanted to spend the capital to move up...so I think he was rated higher than the end of the 1st.

Trying to find examples, so here:
June 5th HockeyProspect.com ranked him 10th overall
Last word on hockey 15th: https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/04/22/moritz-seider-scouting-report/
Ranked #17 by Future Considerations
Ranked #17 by EliteProspects.com
Ranked #19 by Dobbers
Ranked #21 by TSN/McKenzie

2019 NHL Scouting Combine – Seider was 2nd in test duration and 4th overall in VO2 max and 3rd in wingspan
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2019-nhl-combine-results-top-10-drill/

but I agree no one had him 6th but there was speculation that Holland might have taken him at 8 with all the scouting work that he knew about.
aedoran liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
I remember hearing on draft day that he was rated 12-15th (and had been moving up draft boards) and that the Wings tried to work a trade down but no one wanted to spend the capital to move up...so I think he was rated higher than the end of the 1st.

Trying to find examples, so here:
June 5th HockeyProspect.com ranked him 10th overall
Last word on hockey 15th: https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019/04/22/moritz-seider-scouting-report/
Ranked #17 by Future Considerations
Ranked #17 by EliteProspects.com
Ranked #19 by Dobbers
Ranked #21 by TSN/McKenzie

2019 NHL Scouting Combine – Seider was 2nd in test duration and 4th overall in VO2 max and 3rd in wingspan
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2019-nhl-combine-results-top-10-drill/

but I agree no one had him 6th but there was speculation that Holland might have taken him at 8 with all the scouting work that he knew about.

As they say only time will tell. The way he has progressed so far it doesn't look like a reach at all.
CoachCoach liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit