SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Dear CapFriendly Community - Please Read

Jun. 30, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: Jack_
I assume this is because some people laugh at a kid who trades a certain RW on the leafs who makes around a million more then he should for absolutely nothing. Dont be that guy and you will have no problems on this site.

Isnt this the exact kind of post OP is referring to? Obnoxious targeting comments meant to undermine another person's opinions?
Jun. 30, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Isnt this the exact kind of post OP is referring to? Obnoxious targeting comments meant to undermine another person's opinions?

Yes. Comments like that are what i really don't want to see...
Jun. 30, 2020 at 5:27 p.m.
I guess it comes down to me just not having a long ignore list. People rarely get under my skin so i rarely have a reason to block them.

I know there are people with troll accounts, my general rule of thumb dont take any post serious if the users name has "Eklund" or "Duh" in it.

Yeah or "Babar" or "Sage"
Jun. 30, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
Kings v5 GM

Theres a difference between an opinion and trolling. When a person's account has only posted trades of Marner that are not only awful but so unrealistic. He played the victim after getting called out for posting multiple trades and posts about Marner being worth close to nothing when there isnt any evidence of that being true at all. I dont think seth Jones is a Norris quality defenseman and there is significant evidence that backs that up but do I make a post about it every single day trading him for a couple b-c level prospects and a 2022 1st?

This guy gets called out for being blatantly wrong then plays the victim because he has an "opinion". How can you not see that hes trolling? Capfriendly is a fantastic site where you can have discussions about what a player's value is and learn new things about players but its obnoxious when this guy makes pretty much the same post every single day.

Mikey used to talk about how good marner was before he switched his account name to MitchMarnerElite. Then he started talking about how little value he has so it's clear hes trolling, wake up and smell the coffee bud
Pens3lieve and mokumboi liked this.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 5:58 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls

We see a lot of people making troll teams to try and stir the pot / start arguments. We also see a lot of trolls going around to posts leaving just idiotic comments trying to start arguments.

This part of your post is biggest problem on cap friendly. It's one thing to disagree on a trade or ACGM, it becomes frustrating when when it devolves into trolling and name calling.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: Jack_
Theres a difference between an opinion and trolling. When a person's account has only posted trades of Marner that are not only awful but so unrealistic. He played the victim after getting called out for posting multiple trades and posts about Marner being worth close to nothing when there isnt any evidence of that being true at all. I dont think seth Jones is a Norris quality defenseman and there is significant evidence that backs that up but do I make a post about it every single day trading him for a couple b-c level prospects and a 2022 1st?

This guy gets called out for being blatantly wrong then plays the victim because he has an "opinion". How can you not see that hes trolling? Capfriendly is a fantastic site where you can have discussions about what a player's value is and learn new things about players but its obnoxious when this guy makes pretty much the same post every single day.

Mikey used to talk about how good marner was before he switched his account name to MitchMarnerElite. Then he started talking about how little value he has so it's clear hes trolling, wake up and smell the coffee bud

If you dont want to see his posts because you fi d them repetitive then put him on your ignore list, there is a reason i almost never comment on GMmaster's posts anymore because i know he will probably post the exact same thread 3-4 times in 2 days where he asks the exact same question every time. I know that a lot of your posts will come across as aggressive or arrogant even if you dont mean to. Mine can as well. End of the day its an anonymous internet forum and people shouldnt get butt hurt on here but we live in a day and age where people in general are sensitive. The ignore list is a fantastic feature, I used it the other day because someone was going out of their way to insult me as a human being. I would bet there are at least 10 people on here who have blocked me too.
MitchMarner_16 and Jack_ liked this.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 9:11 p.m.
Now here’s the real question what fan base is the worst at this?

Sorry but I’m saying Montreal or Toronto.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 9:16 p.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18

The point of this wasn’t to point fingers.
Jun. 30, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
Quoting: Mitch1_6
The point of this wasn’t to point fingers.

No. I know... but it also helps to know what fan bases generally overvalue their players and seem to be kinda ducks about it. It helps me keep in mind what people I really listen to or who I just let it brush off. Though I can agree with other posts that I wish the admins were a little more on top of it to have them go away.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 7:11 a.m.
No. I know... but it also helps to know what fan bases generally overvalue their players and seem to be kinda ducks about it. It helps me keep in mind what people I really listen to or who I just let it brush off. Though I can agree with other posts that I wish the admins were a little more on top of it to have them go away.

I think the reason Leafs fans have some of the worst fans, is that they have the most fans on this site.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 8:11 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Use the "Report" function when people are breaking the rules.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 8:17 a.m.
Quoting: Banks
Use the "Report" function when people are breaking the rules.

Thx banks. I usually do, but I still wanted people to just be a little more conscious of what they’re saying in the forums.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 10:27 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Fortunately, it seems that this website has a good amount reasonable Canadiens fans out of the habs fans that are on the website the most. A lot of other places can’t say the same.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
mokumboi
Well, this is an overwrought joke. Saying that some team "laughs and hangs up" at an glaringly delusional offer is NOT name calling, NOT trolling, NOT bashing. It is a comment that speaks directly to the quality of the idea presented, and not to the actual poster.

Pathetic.
Yojimbo liked this.
Aug. 11, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Well, this is an overwrought joke. Saying that some team "laughs and hangs up" at an glaringly delusional offer is NOT name calling, NOT trolling, NOT bashing. It is a comment that speaks directly to the quality of the idea presented, and not to the actual poster.

Pathetic.

Agree. If you want better comments section then you need better AGMs. Not better AGMs, but less bad AGMs. People need to realize that pushing "Publish" is not a requirement. If you publish an AGM that you actually admit in the title or team explanation is unrealistic or buffoonery, then you get what you get in the comments.

If the site/mods want better comment sections then you need to start reviewing the AGMs themselves before they are posted.

This would also stop the complete waste of time Armchair-Coaches (just lineups) and stop things getting posted in the AGM that should be posted in the Forums.

Going after the comments is going after a symptom but ignoring the actual problem.
Jun. 17, 2022 at 2:39 p.m.
Try, try, again
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I feel like someone needs to say something.

In the comment sections, people are being bashed, belittled, and made out to be idiots.

Why? Because that unique person came up with a new idea. Maybe they don’t know that much about the team, but they made an ACGM about a new idea. Then because of that idea, they are made to be idiots in front of the whole CapFriendly community. While sometimes the posts are preposterous, you don’t need to belittle a person for trying a new idea.
Instead, just kindly tell them what’s wrong with it, and if you’re a fan of that team, tell them a “counteroffer” of some sort. From experience, when someone does that, it’s a lot more constructive and helps me personally learn about player values/ other teams needs. It’s a lot better than responses like: “lol” “what a piece of Garbage” “you know nothing” etc.

That’s my piece.

Thank you for reading.

Hear, hear. Couldn't agree more. If Sam Pollock or Bill Torrey were still alive, and used an alias on here to play AGM, their team would still get bashed no matter what move they tried to pull off here.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll