LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
G
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
-$787,500-$787,500
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:09 a.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
Oh god what is that CBJ trade? A 5th, an AHLer, and a B prospect that every team has for a middle-6 winger and a top-4 D?

80 pts in 58 CHL games isn't special. The leafs have Mikhail Abramov who was a 4th rounder last year. He had 76 pts, and he is never considered to be valuable. Or Aburuszee who led all NCAA freshman scoring beating out guys like Caufield and Boldy (albeit he was an overager and is a late bloomer), and he would never be considered to valuable.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:15 a.m.
Quoting: firezfurx
Oh god what is that CBJ trade? A 5th, an AHLer, and a B prospect that every team has for a middle-6 winger and a top-4 D?

80 pts in 58 CHL games isn't special. The leafs have Mikhail Abramov who was a 4th rounder last year. He had 76 pts, and he is never considered to be valuable. Or Aburuszee who led all NCAA freshman scoring beating out guys like Caufield and Boldy (albeit he was an overager and is a late bloomer), and he would never be considered to valuable.

I think this guy has a much larger ceiling. He looks like 2nd liner material.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:18 a.m.
That’s a no from Columbus. Not even close to the value for Anderson, let alone adding Savard retained. It’s a 5th a b prospect and a depth wing... nothing that’s going to help Columbus.

Also no chance Anderson or Savard are traded within division.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:25 a.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18
That’s a no from Columbus. Not even close to the value for Anderson, let alone adding Savard retained. It’s a 5th a b prospect and a depth wing... nothing that’s going to help Columbus.

Also no chance Anderson or Savard are traded within division.

Either somebody gave me a majorly incorrect evaluation on protas, or his value dipped, or others are low on him. I legitimately thought this guy had 2C potential, which would theoretically be a nice fit for CBJ.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:32 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: firezfurx

Whoa bud. Protas put up similar numbers to Cozen who is a “top10 “ prospect entering this season. Boyd had better numbers than Anderson so I find it funny how you hype one and insult the other. Savard is a one year rental and the capitals could easily get a way better play for that price.
Wqrrior and M_Swann liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:34 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Whoa bud. Protas put up similar numbers to Cozen who is a “top10 “ prospect entering this season. Boyd had better numbers than Anderson so I find it funny how you hype one and insult the other. Savard is a one year rental and the capitals could easily get a way better play for that price.

So I'm not wrong on Protas value.

Is a 2C cap with middle six potential likely then?
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:38 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Wqrrior
Either somebody gave me a majorly incorrect evaluation on protas, or his value dipped, or others are low on him. I legitimately thought this guy had 2C potential, which would theoretically be a nice fit for CBJ.

He’s absolutely a stud. He’s a top 5 player in the WHL Columbus fans want to glorify Anderson but the reality is panarin left and he scored 4 points in 26 games. Boyd had 10 points in 24 games lmfao and Boyd’s advanced stats are better. Protas is an A prospect imo. He had a season that rivaled Cozen who is a “top 10” prospect. Savard is a 1 year rental. If I’m the capitals I’m not dumping all this for a 4th liner (that literally every player on the capitals roster had a better season than ) and a player that’s not much of an upgrade to kempny or seigs
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:38 a.m.

Meh, his points are similar doesn’t mean he’s anywhere near Cozen. He’s a B+ prospect. Not an A. Just because a guy has a ton of points doesn’t mean he’s a top prospect. Petan had 121 points in JRs.... can’t keep an NHL spot. So if points are the measurement then Petan should have been an A+ prospect. 2nd line center would be the Mac he’d reach. After watching him this year he might be a 3rd line center.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:39 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
So I'm not wrong on Protas value.

Is a 2C cap with middle six potential likely then?

He’s not fast but he has size. I’d say 2c with Mcmichael being a 1c. Obviously he has to adjust but from what I remember he had a great training camp and preseason
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:43 a.m.
Meh, his points are similar doesn’t mean he’s anywhere near Cozen. He’s a B+ prospect. Not an A. Just because a guy has a ton of points doesn’t mean he’s a top prospect. Petan had 121 points in JRs.... can’t keep an NHL spot. So if points are the measurement then Petan should have been an A+ prospect. 2nd line center would be the Mac he’d reach. After watching him this year he might be a 3rd line center.

Typically B+/A- prospects carry above 2nd round value, especially if they are centers. I know CBJ fans are hung up on anderson getting a 2nd... which is fine, but I'm beginning to doubt that team will actually pay that. This is a TDL trade in theory, so if he has another replica year of this one, his value could be as low as a 5th by this point.
That means Savard is the big ticket guy. Protas being a center is exactly what CBJ keeps asking for. He's not a top 10 prospect, however this guy is following the trends and has the potential of a pretty dang solid 2nd liner.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:45 a.m.
He’s absolutely a stud. He’s a top 5 player in the WHL Columbus fans want to glorify Anderson but the reality is panarin left and he scored 4 points in 26 games. Boyd had 10 points in 24 games lmfao and Boyd’s advanced stats are better. Protas is an A prospect imo. He had a season that rivaled Cozen who is a “top 10” prospect. Savard is a 1 year rental. If I’m the capitals I’m not dumping all this for a 4th liner (that literally every player on the capitals roster had a better season than ) and a player that’s not much of an upgrade to kempny or seigs

All I can say is oof... your bias is showing.

Boyd> Anderson is a hot take and a very bad one. Anderson was injured all season. The year before (never playing on a line with Panarin and mostly with Wennberg or Jenner and Folingo) he had 27 goals, that’s more then Boyd has in his entire career.

I would agree that Savard isn’t much of an upgrade on Seig or Kempny, both are very underrated imo.

As for Protas, points aren’t everything. He has good, not great, numbers. If you want to look at points look at Petan and Lipsick who both had 121 points one year, neither can hold down an NHL slot. Protas has some good things going for him, but it would be a stretch to put him as an A prospect right now, he’s more of a B to a B+. He’ll have to adapt his game for the NHL though.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:47 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

For every one example of a negative there one for a positive. Facts and what we know is that he is a top 5 player coming out of the WHL and had a season that rivals Cozen. Hell let’s say you’re right and he becomes another eller? That’s worth way more than Anderson. Anderson had 6 points in 26 games!!!! That’s terrible. He’s not some 19 year old. His value has taken a massive hit. Boyd had better numbers offensively and his defensive numbers are way better. Wtf would the capitals do this. Savard is no better than kempny / seig and he’s a rental.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:48 a.m.
Typically B+/A- prospects carry above 2nd round value, especially if they are centers. I know CBJ fans are hung up on anderson getting a 2nd... which is fine, but I'm beginning to doubt that team will actually pay that. This is a TDL trade in theory, so if he has another replica year of this one, his value could be as low as a 5th by this point.
That means Savard is the big ticket guy. Protas being a center is exactly what CBJ keeps asking for. He's not a top 10 prospect, however this guy is following the trends and has the potential of a pretty dang solid 2nd liner.

Umm no... if we need to wait on a prospect we might as well just wait for Foudy to be ready.... we don’t need a prospect. In theory Columbus doesn’t have to trade Anderson either. He could eve sign a 2 year deal and we still wouldn’t have to trade him. On the other side, Anderson could have 25 goals again next year too and his value skyrockets.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:51 a.m.
For every one example of a negative there one for a positive. Facts and what we know is that he is a top 5 player coming out of the WHL and had a season that rivals Cozen. Hell let’s say you’re right and he becomes another eller? That’s worth way more than Anderson. Anderson had 6 points in 26 games!!!! That’s terrible. He’s not some 19 year old. His value has taken a massive hit. Boyd had better numbers offensively and his defensive numbers are way better. Wtf would the capitals do this. Savard is no better than kempny / seig and he’s a rental.

I’m not saying Washington would!!! I’m also saying that Columbus wouldn’t do this.

Tbh you lost all credit when you said Boyd> Anderson. At least Anderson wasn’t sent to the AHL this year because they didn’t have a roster spot for him.

Keep thinking points are everything in hockey. I don’t even know why I bother anymore.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:51 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
All I can say is oof... your bias is showing.

Boyd> Anderson is a hot take and a very bad one. Anderson was injured all season. The year before (never playing on a line with Panarin and mostly with Wennberg or Jenner and Folingo) he had 27 goals, that’s more then Boyd has in his entire career.

I would agree that Savard isn’t much of an upgrade on Seig or Kempny, both are very underrated imo.

As for Protas, points aren’t everything. He has good, not great, numbers. If you want to look at points look at Petan and Lipsick who both had 121 points one year, neither can hold down an NHL slot. Protas has some good things going for him, but it would be a stretch to put him as an A prospect right now, he’s more of a B to a B+. He’ll have to adapt his game for the NHL though.

I’m talking this year bc you can’t get the old version of Anderson back. Boyd had better year. So to call him a “4th liner” then call Anderson a “middle 6” seems silly. They both right now are bottom 6 guys. Only diff is Boyd defensive numbers are a lot better. Protas is an A- to B+ prospect. Idc how you lean on this but caps are dumping him for a player on the decline and a guy that doesn’t really add considering we have 2 guys equal to or better
Jul. 1, 2020 at 2:53 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
I’m not saying Washington would!!! I’m also saying that Columbus wouldn’t do this.

Tbh you lost all credit when you said Boyd> Anderson. At least Anderson wasn’t sent to the AHL this year because they didn’t have a roster spot for him.

Keep thinking points are everything in hockey. I don’t even know why I bother anymore.

Boyd was send to the AHL bc Washington is stacked and look at the numbers he was better. Anderson has had the better career but based on this season I’m taking Boyd

Lost credibility bc i think Boyd was the better player this year? Solid look at the numbers bud
Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:00 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

Long story short from my POV

Anderson value is at best a 2nd round pick. Protas > 2nd round pick. Sign Boyd for 900k Anderson isn’t adding anything to this roster. Same with savard seig ORLOV Carlson and kempny is a solid top 4 no need for him.

You shouldn’t trade players like Protas until you know they aren’t developing well. He’s got all the potential to be a stud
Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:05 a.m.
Edited Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:17 a.m.
Boyd was send to the AHL bc Washington is stacked and look at the numbers he was better. Anderson has had the better career but based on this season I’m taking Boyd

Lost credibility bc i think Boyd was the better player this year? Solid look at the numbers bud

You’re right. Boyd had a career year.... the fact that you think Boyd is a better player then a healthy Anderson is hilariously bad. Anderson had an absolute disaster of a year with a 1.6 shooting%. Will either player replicate this no... but you’re sounding like Anderson is awful and shouldn’t be in the NHL and Boyd will be the best player in Washington. And be both know neither will be true.

Come on quit dumping on a player who had a disaster of a year. At least it isn’t Lucic.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:16 a.m.
Stalock has the best defensive team in front of him and still allows way too many goals. Not a good backup at all.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:19 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
You’re right. Boyd had a career year.... the fact that you think Boyd is a better player then a healthy Anderson is hilariously bad. Anderson had an absolute disaster of a year with a 1.6 shooting%. Will either player replicate this no... but you’re sounding like Anderson is awful and should be in the NHL and Boyd will be the best player in Washington. And be both know neither will be true.

Come on quit dumping on a player who had a disaster of a year. At least it isn’t Lucic.

He didn’t have a career year at all. And I said Anderson had the better career. Why are you being so dramatic? I think I refer to both as bottom 6. What part of that made you think Boyd would be the beat player in Washington ? Please explain this overreaction you’re having. I doNt mind you Disagreeing or thinking Anderson is better than he played but holy F man you are going crazy right now. Calm down Boyd was a better player this year it’s okay to admit it. You won’t explode. I was making a point to the other poster it’s funny to refer to Boyd as an Ahler when he had a better year than Anderson
Jul. 1, 2020 at 3:30 a.m.
He didn’t have a career year at all. And I said Anderson had the better career. Why are you being so dramatic? I think I refer to both as bottom 6. What part of that made you think Boyd would be the beat player in Washington ? Please explain this overreaction you’re having. I doNt mind you Disagreeing or thinking Anderson is better than he played but holy F man you are going crazy right now. Calm down Boyd was a better player this year it’s okay to admit it. You won’t explode. I was making a point to the other poster it’s funny to refer to Boyd as an Ahler when he had a better year than Anderson

You’re right Boyd is a bottom 6 wing. I think that’s what I called him earlier. If you think Anderson is bottom 6 then so be it. He’s more of a middle 6 power forward. Boyd is more of a bottom 6 grinder. Yes Boyd had a career year and was better then Anderson, but please don’t tell me you seriously think Anderson will keep up his 1.6 shooting% (percentage of shots that are scored). He is better then that. Honestly Anderson reminds me a lot or Tom Wilson. Both are big power forward who are nasty to play against.

You keep your career year player, we'll keep our disaster of a year player and they will both level out next year. Tbh I didn’t realize Boyd was older then Anderson too.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 7:26 a.m.
Anderson > Boyd
Savard > Protas, 5th

Those alone make this lopsided for the Caps. Then there is $1.85M retained on Savard. That makes this a landslide win for the Caps.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 8:56 a.m.
mostly harmless

We have guys with #2C potential. Several guys, actually, and two of them will be trying for that position in the immediate future. We're not creating holes on the roster to add another, we're not about to bolster a major divisional rival to do that, and we're sure as **** not retaining salary to make it happen.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 9:12 a.m.
Banned
There is no way in hell CBJ is trading Anderson to WSH. It's just as likely as they trade him to the penguins. Which is about a 0% chance.
He's going to the west coast.
Like CBJ wants to play a WSH team with Wilson and Anderson on the same team. . They will never do that.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jul. 1, 2020 at 10:07 a.m.
Long story short from my POV

Anderson value is at best a 2nd round pick. Protas > 2nd round pick. Sign Boyd for 900k Anderson isn’t adding anything to this roster. Same with savard seig ORLOV Carlson and kempny is a solid top 4 no need for him.

You shouldn’t trade players like Protas until you know they aren’t developing well. He’s got all the potential to be a stud

The value of Anderson has been debated back and forth on this site for about 8 months now. He is a very good power forward who has shown his potential in 1 year, was injured almost all of last year, and consensus on this site from CBJ fans as well as other AGMs is about a 2nd round pick.
Savard, a shut down defenseman In a contract year, Would return a 1st round pick At the TDL from a playoff or borderline playoff team looking to bolster their roster for a long playoff run.
So the package Offered just isn’t going to cut it. Besides, the Jackets have been excellent at scouting and drafting over the last 5-6 years, they would rather Get picks back and draft their own rather than receive other teams’ castoffs or projects, etc.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll