SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

My Mock Draft with my 5 years of Drafts Experience and scouting in the BCHL

My Mock Draft with my 5 years of Drafts Experience and scouting in the BCHL

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: jassan28
Published: Jul. 1, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The obvious #1 Choice poised to be a franchise player and dominate the LW in the league. A Jonathan Huberdeau with the touch of Crosby poised to make an impact.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-A big center reminds me of Eric Staal but better. Plays like a giant, skates like the wind and skill like butter, Kings can't pass this opportunity to raise him under Kopitar
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksStutzle, The German Dangler loaded with skill who can be the Draisaitl of the East, plays with men and can place the Senators over the top
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With the opportunity to select the best defenceman in the draft, build Defence and Yzerman will go with it. Seider, Drysdale and Hronek is a spectacle for the Wings
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Rossi is the local boy who can turn the Senators skill level over the top, with Norris poised to be a 2 way center, Batherson a scorer and Tkachuk the fiesty winger, skill is a place that needs to be filled
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Perfetti the Einstein of the Draft, with Brains like Crosby he can turn into a Barzal like player and form a 1-2 punch with Zegras
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Holtz, the Swedish sniper is something the Devils would love to place next to Hischier, reminds me a lot of Nylander and the shot.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres need a Player that they can depend on and they lost that identity after trading O'Rielly. If Sabres can land a phenom in a trade they'll go after it, but Lucas Raymond, the Swedish Marner is BPA and can't be skipped on
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-With Crawford getting older, its apparent Blackhawks could use a star goalie who reminds me of Ilya Samsonov. He'll be getting 50 win seasons on the norm
10Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesStar skating defenceman who can move the puck and make plays, a double copy of Noah Hanifin who will staple New Jerseys Left Defence with Ty Smith
11Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota will jump on the sniper from 67s. He can score and turn into a DeBrincat like player. Looking forward to a Kaprisov-Eriksson Ek-Quinn line
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-WINNIPEG JETS: Reminds me alot of Mikael Granlund and will have instant impact as a mature Center, can work on skating and offence but playing on a line with fellow countryman Laine will flourish his offensive skill
13Logo of the Nashville Predators-CALGARY FLAMES: Here is where it gets very confusing, you have Mercer and LaPierre from the Q and an elite shooter Jarvis from the WHL, I'll go Portland and pick a right handed winger possible Center in Jarvis, he reminds me of Cody Glass and has a lot of impact on the ice
14Logo of the Florida Panthers-With a team looking to shed salary, the Panthers could part ways with a top 6 forward maybe Dadanov or Hoffman, so it makes sense to take the Russian Winger in Amirov and link him with fellow countrymen Denisenko and Brobovsky. He can be a Tarasenko like sniper if he wants but he has some development to go through
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-NEW YORK RANGERS: The Wisconsin Badgers young NCAA Center is a must pick for the Rangers who can mesh well with players like Kakko and Kreider
16Logo of the New York Rangers-NASHVILLE PREDATORS: The defence on the Preds can use a facelift on their D corps as their D is getting older and costly. A skating defenceman like Guhle seems like a D men Preds will successfully develop and build Ryan Suter 2.0
17Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-NEW JERSEY DEVILS (VANCOUVER CANUCKS): Dawson Mercer will be on the Devils mind as they look to build a winger for Hughes after picking up Holtz and Sanderson
18Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersCOLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS: Zary from the WHL needs skating help but he is a top 15 player from this draft who can take over 2C for the Jackets
19Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-CAROLINA HURRICANES (TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS): Gunler has decent size and elite ceiling, he can mesh well with players like Svechnikov and turn into a Nylander like player who they were looking to trade for early on this season
20Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsEDMONTON OILERS: With McDavid needing a winger and the Oilers being almost empty on Wing prospects they go with skating RW Perrault from the OHL. Oilers can have Perrault as their versatile forward and get him to make an impact soon
21Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesOTTAWA SENATORS (NYI): Senators will look for a top 4 D prospect in this forward heavy draft and go with highly touted hitting Right handed defenceman Schneider with their 3rd 1st round pick. With Bernard-Docker coming up, the Sens are decked on Right D for their Top 4
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-Pat Brisson's son Brendan is a phenomenal player and reminds me of the Brink pick last year, Dallas can use a player like him and develop a player through the highly respected US Program.
23Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Carolina Hurricanes (NYR): Justin Barron from the Q fits the Rangers need for a Right D as they host Miller and Lundkqvist is their D prospects. To contend, Barron will put the Rangers prospect pool in the top conversation
24Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas have always had an eye for forwards in their drafts and Ryan O'Rouke has been flying under everyone's radar, so why not jump on the OHL Captain defenceman that reminds me Peterangelo's leadership
25Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinnesota needs skill on their lineup and LaPierre falls into their laps, they go best Center available and get Lapierre off the board
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philadelphia needs a younger Defenceman for their right side and develop him under Niskanen's vision, Philly goes with elite ceiling and skilled D man in Grans from Sweden
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington can use a center and get Borque from the Q into their lineup.
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningLukas Reichel, a phenomenal skilled winger makes sense for a team starving for skill on their elite team
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colorado can use a LW prospect and pick skilled Mysak to work him into the Top 6
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-With Pietrangelo maybe making an exit and having an older Defence, Blues jump on the large and highly skilled Defenceman Wallinder and have him develop under the amazing prospect development program of the Blues
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsDucks will go for RD and select Finnish D man Niemela
Jul. 1, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
I thought Detroit was looking to take Rossi?
Jul. 2, 2020 at 12:47 a.m.
Cold spaghetti
I LOVE the Lundell pick for the Jets!
Jul. 2, 2020 at 2:39 a.m.
nucks
Quoting: CrazyFlamesFan

I've heard rumors about Yzerman looking to take Drysdale at 4th. Remember seeing it somewhere on CapFriendly.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 3:32 a.m.
No way Raymond drops that far.

Perfetti will never be a Barzal like player. Barzal is one of the fastest guys in the league and Perfetti is one of the slowest guys and he's not even in the NHL.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: CrazyFlamesFan

Quoting: hoshii96
I've heard rumors about Yzerman looking to take Drysdale at 4th. Remember seeing it somewhere on CapFriendly.

The rumour from Sam Cosentino is that Perfetti is almost as much of a lock at 4 as Lafreniere is at 1, which would actually be a fantastic pick in my view. I think most people are heavily sleeping on Perfetti, he's going to be special.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks

Ive seen rumors that they are VERY high on Perfetti. honestly Drysdale doesnt make too much sense for them imo considering they have Seider and hronek who will be capable of being top 4 guys
zyyyp liked this.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: zyyyp
The rumour from Sam Cosentino is that Perfetti is almost as much of a lock at 4 as Lafreniere is at 1, which would actually be a fantastic pick in my view. I think most people are heavily sleeping on Perfetti, he's going to be special.

I'd be curious how Cole Perfetti is compared to the likes of Cole Caufield and Detroit boy Alex DeBrincat. If he can be half as good as them. We'd have a real steal on our hands.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
I'd be curious how Cole Perfetti is compared to the likes of Cole Caufield and Detroit boy Alex DeBrincat. If he can be half as good as them. We'd have a real steal on our hands.

I would put him above both. He's listed at 5'10 a lot of places but he's really 5'11, probably the smartest player in the class, elite hands / vision / playmaking ability, exceptional goal scoring instincts, production speaks for itself. If he was a better skater he would be in the top 3 conversation, I'm actually expecting him to be the best OHLer from this class.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 12:24 p.m.

OKay, I guess we will have to see come draft time. Theres a lot of close players in this draft, lots of picks are going to be hard to tell.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Thank you for giving the Sharks Reichel. I really want him in SJ.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
I stopped reading after you said Askarov will get "50 win seasons on the norm". No goalie has ever gotten 50 wins in a season before... and in todays NHL most teams are shifting towards 1A/1B situations where you dont have to rely on one guy to play 65+ games. Most teams starting goalies get under 60 starts per season
Jul. 2, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
Your draft order is confusing, WPG and CGY play eachother in the play-in so they cant pick 12 and 13. Even if the season is canceled Calgary is a wildcard team in the west and will pick 16th.
Also you are far to low on Raymond, hes better than the 3 you have selected right before him and arguably better than Drysdale too.
Jul. 2, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Why does Washington need a center? Protas and McMichael's last draft along with Kuzy, Backstrom, and Eller currently. Secondly, Jack Quinn is not like Debrincat at all a lot more like a Brock Boeser
Jul. 2, 2020 at 8:06 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: moli92
I stopped reading after you said Askarov will get "50 win seasons on the norm". No goalie has ever gotten 50 wins in a season before... and in todays NHL most teams are shifting towards 1A/1B situations where you dont have to rely on one guy to play 65+ games. Most teams starting goalies get under 60 starts per season

While teams would love to run a 1A/1B pairing its still not achievable by teams. Helleyubuck is the top 50 wins type goalie along with Vasy and Bishop, Ilya Samsonov and Askarov will join that conversation. Carey Price would be a 50 win season on the norm if he had a better team in front of him. In 3-5 years, Hawks have no elite goalie in the shelf so they'll run a top goalie and a backup
Jul. 2, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: jassan28
While teams would love to run a 1A/1B pairing its still not achievable by teams. Helleyubuck is the top 50 wins type goalie along with Vasy and Bishop, Ilya Samsonov and Askarov will join that conversation. Carey Price would be a 50 win season on the norm if he had a better team in front of him. In 3-5 years, Hawks have no elite goalie in the shelf so they'll run a top goalie and a backup

But no goalie in the history of the NHL has had a 50 win season... Thats like saying Lafreniere will score 100 goals per season on the norm. Its literally never been done before

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll