SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

My post critiquing Kyle Dubas was deleted

Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:06 p.m.
TheBulinWall
I talked critically of Kyle Dubas and his handling of the Matthews/Marner contracts. It had over 2 pages of comments and it was deleted. If a bunch of leafs fans just reported it rather than having a proper discussion about it then there is no point to this site. We give each other opinions on different teams if some people thought I was wrong i would have wanted to discuss and could of learned something.

Or is there some conspiracy with the leafs and this site iunno. Lol no more leafs talk from me just gonna stick with the lightning
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
Lenny7
Did you, by any chance, post it in the ACGM thread, as opposed to in the forums where a discussion piece is supposed to go?
F50marco liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Was it an Armchair GM team? If so, are you sure it wasn’t just moved to the forums?
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: Lenny7
Did you, by any chance, post it in the ACGM thread, as opposed to in the forums where a discussion piece is supposed to go?

It was an armchair gm it was up for a day and it did get a lot of back and fourth with people. It’s not in my profile anymore
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Was it an Armchair GM team? If so, are you sure it wasn’t just moved to the forums?

Yea it’s not there I think some leafs fans just reported it. Would have liked to talk about it I was replying to people giving their opinions on it
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Quoting: BulinWall
Yea it’s not there I think some leafs fans just reported it. Would have liked to talk about it I was replying to people giving their opinions on it

I think a lot of these are just being vetted to forums. ACGM is mainly for trade ideas and stuff, there is even a disclaimer that you have to click 'publish' twice to make sure it is relevant to ACGM and not just for the forums
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: SlickWilly
I think a lot of these are just being vetted to forums. ACGM is mainly for trade ideas and stuff, there is even a disclaimer that you have to click 'publish' twice to make sure it is relevant to ACGM and not just for the forums

Maybe you’re right
Lenny7 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:19 p.m.
Wrong place to post it but it is worthy of the discussion.
He did mess that up and it’s going to be under a microscope more now with flat cap. Kinda makes looking at leafs teams people post fairly boring to be honest. Same trades over and over kerfoot for a second or 2 seconds lol
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:19 p.m.
It was an armchair gm it was up for a day and it did get a lot of back and fourth with people. It’s not in my profile anymore

It wasn't deleted because of you or your thoughts on Dubas. It was removed because two Leafs fans were relentlessly attacking another poster with comments clearly outside of the forum rules. I have no idea why they removed your post instead of giving those guys a timeout, but there's no court of appeals here.
BulinWall and hockeyfanatic05 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: CD282
It wasn't deleted because of you or your thoughts on Dubas. It was removed because two Leafs fans were relentlessly attacking another poster with comments clearly outside of the forum rules. I have no idea why they removed your post instead of giving those guys a timeout, but there's no court of appeals here.

Yea I didn’t want any part of that but he handled himself well
hockeyfanatic05 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Lenny7

Yeah, she's gotta go in the forums mano. Things get off the rails sometimes here.
BulinWall liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:35 p.m.

I thought so too. Sucks that they ruined your thread though.
hockeyfanatic05 and BulinWall liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
Banned

lmao it was comical how some leafs fans are. They were trying to say your GM was nothing but trolling the leafs, but at no point did you say anything close to troll. You gave your thoughts and opinions about Dubas and the leafs, and they cried about it. So I called out the one who said you were trolling, and he had no response as to why you were trolling. Everything you said was fine and respectful, it just sucks that some people cant hear any sort of criticism about their team
CD282, BulinWall and MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:02 p.m.
Kafle
I remember one of my posts talking about how stupid calgary was trading for lucic got taken down
BulinWall liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:03 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
lmao it was comical how some leafs fans are. They were trying to say your GM was nothing but trolling the leafs, but at no point did you say anything close to troll. You gave your thoughts and opinions about Dubas and the leafs, and they cried about it. So I called out the one who said you were trolling, and he had no response as to why you were trolling. Everything you said was fine and respectful, it just sucks that some people cant hear any sort of criticism about their team

Ah it’s cool about the post it good some eyes. We want the leafs to be good cause if they make the finals there would be more eyes on the sport than if any other team makes the finals. They’re so annoyingly defensive when it comes any critique at least there’s Steve Dangle and TSN overdrive that call the team out but they only go so far then switch to the leafs are the best team in the league when they go on any sort of run
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:05 p.m.
TheBulinWall
Quoting: kafle22
I remember one of my posts talking about how stupid calgary was trading for lucic got taken down

A fight break out in the comment section?
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:11 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I think the forum page sucks and see no problem with discussion threads being in the ACGM page, if the topic is good it'll be debated and we're all just here for the debate anyway so I don't see what the big deal is.

If anything the moderators should be just deleting the stupid ACGMs where a whole team is traded for another team or for one guy or some stupid thing, they're just a waste of space and not worth looking at.
CD282 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
This is armchair GM. Not a message board. Take your rants there
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
This is armchair GM. Not a message board. Take your rants there

So why did you rant about the lottery in armchair GM?
CD282 liked this.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
So why did you rant about the lottery in armchair GM?

I'm sure that one got deleted, but good memory
Jul. 3, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.

Please read the rules. The AGM section is not for these types of conversations. Not because its a bad conversation but its simply in the wrong place amd the AGM section is getting overrun with......well.... Non AGM's.

Please use the forum section and find the suitable thread to post under.

Edit: i moved this thread to whereit should have been posted to. 😉
Jul. 3, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
take off the tinfoil hat
Jul. 3, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Please read the rules. The AGM section is not for these types of conversations. Not because its a bad conversation but its simply in the wrong place amd the AGM section is getting overrun with......well.... Non AGM's.

Please use the forum section and find the suitable thread to post under.

Edit: i moved this thread to whereit should have been posted to. 😉

Be honest... that's not why you deleted his original post.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 5:56 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
Be honest... that's not why you deleted his original post.

I can't even remember what the post was about to be honest.
Jul. 3, 2020 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I can't even remember what the post was about to be honest.

Read the title of this one and you'll know.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll