Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 3 Rounds

2020 3 Rounds

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Jexus
Published: Jul. 6, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Jul. 6, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
The Preds aren’t taking Askarov. They are literally the team that needs him the least. They have Rinne as at least a backup for the next couple years, Saros taking over as starter, Ingram coming up, and guys like Westerholm and Haider in the system. They could use a D in the first round.
Jul. 6, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Like the rest of the draft though(except for Foerster falling so far)
Jul. 6, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
The Preds aren’t taking Askarov. They are literally the team that needs him the least. They have Rinne as at least a backup for the next couple years, Saros taking over as starter, Ingram coming up, and guys like Westerholm and Haider in the system. They could use a D in the first round.

I think any team can benefit from taking Askarov. IMO Askarov is a major improvement over Saros whom they can swap for pieces in other areas of need. There arent many teams who wouldnt benefit from drafting a potential franchise goalie like Askarov.

Preds could instead draft Mercer and Flames would definitely grab Askarov. Most here think Chicago will take him and while i think thats very possible, it would be hard to pass up Sanderson at that pick.
Remus and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jul. 6, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: Jexus
I think any team can benefit from taking Askarov. IMO Askarov is a major improvement over Saros whom they can swap for pieces in other areas of need. There arent many teams who wouldnt benefit from drafting a potential franchise goalie like Askarov.

Preds could instead draft Mercer and Flames would definitely grab Askarov. Most here think Chicago will take him and while i think thats very possible, it would be hard to pass up Sanderson at that pick.

Assuming the Hawks are picking #10, I have a very hard time believing the Hawks pass up on Lundell, sanderson or any of the usual suspects in the first 9 that could drop to your point and take Askarov. Too much risk to take Askarov in the top 10 IMO.
Jexus liked this.
Jul. 6, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Assuming the Hawks are picking #10, I have a very hard time believing the Hawks pass up on Lundell, sanderson or any of the usual suspects in the first 9 that could drop to your point and take Askarov. Too much risk to take Askarov in the top 10 IMO.

Yup. I think Sabres grab Lundell. They need Centers. Chicago cant afford passing up Sanderson if hes still available.
ChiHawk and OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll