$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$833,750$833,750
C, RW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
Pocket Aces
real question is why u wanna know flushed cheeks
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:17 a.m.
Probably at least 1 year in the AHL first
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Amplifys
real question is why u wanna know flushed cheeks

To make an AGM for the pens lineup next season
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:19 a.m.
Banned
that depends is the cap flat and do the penguins need a RW.......yup he looks ready to me.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
Pocket Aces
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
To make an AGM for the pens lineup next season

it could go both ways tbh i think hes too good for chl but cant play in the AHL and depends on the offense for next year but ya i can totally see him on the NHL roster next season
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
that depends is the cap flat and do the penguins need a RW.......yup he looks ready to me.

They won’t rush him
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:21 a.m.
Pocket Aces
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Probably at least 1 year in the AHL first

so ur saying hes 2 years out? i dont think so i think he could be NHL ready but it really all depends on who the penguins decide to resign
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
They won’t rush him

rush????
What are they saving him for. Till Malkin is 65?
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:40 a.m.
All-Team Pylon
By all accounts yes and he will be give a chance to make the roster. But more likely he doesn’t see the NHL for another year. His game/size is pro ready so it’s hard to gauge, could see him putting up 30ish points in a 3rd line role next year with some defensive struggles
Jul. 8, 2020 at 12:53 a.m.
Quoting: Amplifys
so ur saying hes 2 years out? i dont think so i think he could be NHL ready but it really all depends on who the penguins decide to resign

Very rarely do players jump from the Q to the NHL unless they are Laffy level
mhockey91 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 1:02 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Very rarely do players jump from the Q to the NHL unless they are Laffy level

I'd probably use uncommon instead of rare, it happens a good bit, but from all of juniors, not just the Q
Jul. 8, 2020 at 1:19 a.m.
rush????
What are they saving him for. Till Malkin is 65?

Why play someone who isn’t NHL ready? I’d rather move him for someone who can actually play
Dan10900 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 1:28 a.m.
Banned
Why play someone who isn’t NHL ready? I’d rather move him for someone who can actually play

I don't think they want to move him. And NHL ready is speculative. This isn't a team that has time to wait anymore. If they are really ALL in, which they are. There is no sense holding him back.
Especially if there is no CHL season next year.
They already canceled the junior tournament. I don't really have a feeling they are willing or wanting to go ahead with things. As they would be starting soon.

You got a 34 year old Malkin next year. Crosby is 33. They don't have 2 years to wait. And moving someone else in, doesn't really work in their cap space world.
They got to play their hand while they can.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 1:32 a.m.
I don't think they want to move him. And NHL ready is speculative. This isn't a team that has time to wait anymore. If they are really ALL in, which they are. There is no sense holding him back.
Especially if there is no CHL season next year.
They already canceled the junior tournament. I don't really have a feeling they are willing or wanting to go ahead with things. As they would be starting soon.

You got a 34 year old Malkin next year. Crosby is 33. They don't have 2 years to wait. And moving someone else in, doesn't really work in their cap space world.
They got to play their hand while they can.

You were the one who said the NHL was 100% canceled so I don’t believe a word Ur saying when u suggest the CHL or world juniors will be canceled.

If poulin is good enough to play then sure, throw him in, but I don’t think he’s ready. It would be pointless to throw him in the lineup now and tank his value. Crosby / malkin will age like fine wine. With good upper management the pens core can remain competitive for another several years
Dan10900 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 6:59 a.m.
Banned
You were the one who said the NHL was 100% canceled so I don’t believe a word Ur saying when u suggest the CHL or world juniors will be canceled.

If poulin is good enough to play then sure, throw him in, but I don’t think he’s ready. It would be pointless to throw him in the lineup now and tank his value. Crosby / malkin will age like fine wine. With good upper management the pens core can remain competitive for another several years

https://globalnews.ca/news/7138335/hockey-challenge-coronavirus-cancelled/
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2020-wu17hc-u17-challenge-cancelled

That just happened a few days ago. Don't think the others aren't next. The vast majority of those kids in the CHL aren't going pro. They aren't going to deal with all that expense risk etc.... Hell even the pro leagues with all their money are having issues.

They have yet to play a game of hockey.
And I have said it before, one outbreak and it's over.
If any of the other leagues have an outbreak it's most likely over.

What I said is they are looking at the NBA waiting for them to screw up first.
And even Silver has said one outbreak could break them.
Hell they have had 4 months off, and you are acting like the season hasn't basically been over. Hell even if they get to the start of the cup, it's already into what would have been next season.

As for Poulin I hate to break it to you, playing him with Crosby or Malkin is the best way to increase his value. Because if you wait two years where they have slowed down then he won't have decent linemates to work with.
The idea of Malkin aging like fine wine is nonsense. The wheels can come off at any time now. Like every other player in the league at 34+
This team might have 2 years left capable of winning a cup as is. A 35 year old Crosby and 36 year old Malkin does not make one cup contenders.
There is no cap raises in that time.
And he's their best prospect as it currently stands.
There is no reason to wait on him for this imaginary reason that somehow you are ruining him. You win cups while you can. Which means the next 2 years. Not wait till the party is over and then say....oh look but we got Poulin.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 8:53 a.m.
no

He's physically ready, but his game isn't, he's gonna have a rude awakening when he plays pro, and can't get away with abusing his size vs the smaller kids (MOSTLY, obv ik not everyone in juniors is smaller than him) and he (if he's in WBS) will not have a good team around him like he has rn (his team was probably the best purely offensive team in the CHL)
Jul. 8, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7138335/hockey-challenge-coronavirus-cancelled/
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2020-wu17hc-u17-challenge-cancelled

That just happened a few days ago. Don't think the others aren't next. The vast majority of those kids in the CHL aren't going pro. They aren't going to deal with all that expense risk etc.... Hell even the pro leagues with all their money are having issues.

They have yet to play a game of hockey.
And I have said it before, one outbreak and it's over.
If any of the other leagues have an outbreak it's most likely over.

What I said is they are looking at the NBA waiting for them to screw up first.
And even Silver has said one outbreak could break them.
Hell they have had 4 months off, and you are acting like the season hasn't basically been over. Hell even if they get to the start of the cup, it's already into what would have been next season.

As for Poulin I hate to break it to you, playing him with Crosby or Malkin is the best way to increase his value. Because if you wait two years where they have slowed down then he won't have decent linemates to work with.
The idea of Malkin aging like fine wine is nonsense. The wheels can come off at any time now. Like every other player in the league at 34+
This team might have 2 years left capable of winning a cup as is. A 35 year old Crosby and 36 year old Malkin does not make one cup contenders.
There is no cap raises in that time.
And he's their best prospect as it currently stands.
There is no reason to wait on him for this imaginary reason that somehow you are ruining him. You win cups while you can. Which means the next 2 years. Not wait till the party is over and then say....oh look but we got Poulin.

Look at how well a player like Thornton aged scoring 82 points and making his first Stanley cup final at the age of 36. Malkin also has better wheelers than Thornton did. MSL won a scoring title at 37 years old. Datsyuk was a PPG into his mid to late 30’s, etc... elite players tend to age better than non elite players. It’s not ridiculous to think malkin could put up an 80 point season at the age of 36. Other elite players have done it. As long as he doesn’t get a serious injury he should be fine. These short seasons actually HELP Pittsburgh as they are going to be playing less games over the next 2 seasons.

If poulin is NHL ready and can make more of an impact than a guy like sheary then by all means play the kid. I simply just don’t think he will be NHL ready. I don’t think he’s got the speed yet to keep up. That was his biggest knock at the draft. I think sheary atm is more effective than poulin. When it comes to Pittsburgh you need to ice the best roster possible and atm I don’t think poulin is part of that. I would love him to be and I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it
Jul. 8, 2020 at 7:09 p.m.
Banned
Look at how well a player like Thornton aged scoring 82 points and making his first Stanley cup final at the age of 36. Malkin also has better wheelers than Thornton did. MSL won a scoring title at 37 years old. Datsyuk was a PPG into his mid to late 30’s, etc... elite players tend to age better than non elite players. It’s not ridiculous to think malkin could put up an 80 point season at the age of 36. Other elite players have done it. As long as he doesn’t get a serious injury he should be fine. These short seasons actually HELP Pittsburgh as they are going to be playing less games over the next 2 seasons.

If poulin is NHL ready and can make more of an impact than a guy like sheary then by all means play the kid. I simply just don’t think he will be NHL ready. I don’t think he’s got the speed yet to keep up. That was his biggest knock at the draft. I think sheary atm is more effective than poulin. When it comes to Pittsburgh you need to ice the best roster possible and atm I don’t think poulin is part of that. I would love him to be and I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it

oh look at that, the NCAA is starting to cancel games. but you know, the CHL won't.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ivy-league-calls-off-fall-sports-coronavirus

Lets remember that SJS team had to melt the ice to slow the penguins down. That season was also in the era of "slow hockey" which the penguins basically ended in 2 years.
The game is soooo much faster now.

And if you think Poulin is more of a handicap than Simon or Sheary you are nuts. Period. He has nothing left to prove in the CHL.
He's the best option they currently have on RW. You got Rust. You got Tanev who clearly isn't a top 6 winger, not that he's not a good winger. You got Hornqvist who is slow as hell. Please for the love of god don't tell me that Horny is faster than Poulin because that's just some straight BS. And then you got basically no one.

You got ever excuse in the world not to play him. This team is running out of time. Hoping and praying Malkin plays well at 36 is not the answer. ALL in means ALL in.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
oh look at that, the NCAA is starting to cancel games. but you know, the CHL won't.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ivy-league-calls-off-fall-sports-coronavirus

Lets remember that SJS team had to melt the ice to slow the penguins down. That season was also in the era of "slow hockey" which the penguins basically ended in 2 years.
The game is soooo much faster now.

And if you think Poulin is more of a handicap than Simon or Sheary you are nuts. Period. He has nothing left to prove in the CHL.
He's the best option they currently have on RW. You got Rust. You got Tanev who clearly isn't a top 6 winger, not that he's not a good winger. You got Hornqvist who is slow as hell. Please for the love of god don't tell me that Horny is faster than Poulin because that's just some straight BS. And then you got basically no one.

You got ever excuse in the world not to play him. This team is running out of time. Hoping and praying Malkin plays well at 36 is not the answer. ALL in means ALL in.

The CHL will not cancel the season and you’re delusional if you think they will. They may have an adjusted season that starts later, but they won’t cancel it as long as cases remain constant / drop.

Simon / sheary ARE currently better than Poulin. They are NHLers and poulin couldn’t even crack Team Canada‘a world junior team. Sheary has speed and he’s an effective solution for us for now. We’ve won two cups with him in that role so don’t give me that BS.

I know pens are all in, but all in doesn’t mean rush players who aren’t ready. It means icing the best roster possible. I still think pens will trade Poulin. They could package him with Johnson and bring in a top 6 winger. Maybe pens have to add, but so be it. “All in means all in” right?
Jul. 8, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
Banned
The CHL will not cancel the season and you’re delusional if you think they will. They may have an adjusted season that starts later, but they won’t cancel it as long as cases remain constant / drop.

Simon / sheary ARE currently better than Poulin. They are NHLers and poulin couldn’t even crack Team Canada‘a world junior team. Sheary has speed and he’s an effective solution for us for now. We’ve won two cups with him in that role so don’t give me that BS.

I know pens are all in, but all in doesn’t mean rush players who aren’t ready. It means icing the best roster possible. I still think pens will trade Poulin. They could package him with Johnson and bring in a top 6 winger. Maybe pens have to add, but so be it. “All in means all in” right?

what top six winger are they going to be able to afford with a flat cap for 2 years?
who?

And spare me the Sheary and Simon are better. Simon couldn't score a goal if you extended the net to the whole back wall. And Sheary was so bad in those playoff runs they moved him down to the 4th line.
He's useless out there.

And the CHL doesn't want to get sued. On top of it, they don't have money to do all that testing. That's no deep pocket league.
They don't want to be responsible for any of that crap. Just like the NCAA doesn't. Especially when they aren't making any real money doing it.
Which is why that's a done conversation. Push the season back....these kids are gonna want to know when they are getting drafted, and what team they are going to. Not stuck in some weird time CHL league.
Their hands are tied. Hell they have to get permission from canada before they can even start.
Their season starts in like 2 months I believe. Just wait, it's coming.
Jul. 8, 2020 at 7:29 p.m.
what top six winger are they going to be able to afford with a flat cap for 2 years?
who?

And spare me the Sheary and Simon are better. Simon couldn't score a goal if you extended the net to the whole back wall. And Sheary was so bad in those playoff runs they moved him down to the 4th line.
He's useless out there.

And the CHL doesn't want to get sued. On top of it, they don't have money to do all that testing. That's no deep pocket league.
They don't want to be responsible for any of that crap. Just like the NCAA doesn't. Especially when they aren't making any real money doing it.
Which is why that's a done conversation. Push the season back....these kids are gonna want to know when they are getting drafted, and what team they are going to. Not stuck in some weird time CHL league.
Their hands are tied. Hell they have to get permission from canada before they can even start.
Their season starts in like 2 months I believe. Just wait, it's coming.

if they ship out Johnson/Jugs, they will be able to sign someone. Pens are not in the worst cap situation like some other teams

Sheary scored some big goals in both cup runs so I dont know what Penguins Hockey you were watching. Yes they moved him down to fourth line when he struggled (and even healthy scratched him) but he was still an important part of those runs, especially 2016.

The CHL will be pushed back but it wont be canceled. That is not a likely scenario.

I hope for Pittsburghs sake that you are right and Poulin is NHL ready, but I just don't see it. The only notable name from the 2018 draft outside the top 10 who played in the NHL this season and was good was Joel Farabee. 2 years after being drafted usually isn't enough time for players drafted in the mid-late first round + to be NHL ready
Jul. 9, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
Banned
if they ship out Johnson/Jugs, they will be able to sign someone. Pens are not in the worst cap situation like some other teams

Sheary scored some big goals in both cup runs so I dont know what Penguins Hockey you were watching. Yes they moved him down to fourth line when he struggled (and even healthy scratched him) but he was still an important part of those runs, especially 2016.

The CHL will be pushed back but it wont be canceled. That is not a likely scenario.

I hope for Pittsburghs sake that you are right and Poulin is NHL ready, but I just don't see it. The only notable name from the 2018 draft outside the top 10 who played in the NHL this season and was good was Joel Farabee. 2 years after being drafted usually isn't enough time for players drafted in the mid-late first round + to be NHL ready

The penguins have to ship out Jugs just to meet their contracts this year. I've done the math on this already. They have roughly 2.5 million shipping out Jugs, and replacing Schultz with a roughly 2 million RD.
Even if they saved 1 million on that, it would only be 3.5 million. You aren't getting a top 6 winger for 3.5 million, at least not without giving something of value up in a trade for a younger player.

Sheary is a bum. If he wasn't related to Sullivan he wouldn't even be there.

Stanford just canceled several sports......

Most people in that draft aren't 210lbs.
He has the size to play at the NHL level.
And while I agree usually you'd like players to develop. They really don't have the time. On top of it, it's hard for a guy to develop if he's not playing.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll