RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 18, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: dzmets
This trade doesn't prevent them from addressing forward depth and they are lacking a left shot D

Yes, it clearly does. You’re using an asset to acquire another defenseman. You’re also trading two assets for 1 piece. A team lacking depth both on the roster and on the farm can’t afford to trade 2 pieces for a defenseman who hasn’t lived up to expectations. The upgrade margin is questionable.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.
Quoting: BurnEmUp
Ah, I see where you've gone off the rails

I'd love to hear the argument of why I'm wrong.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: MJCrv
Yes, it clearly does. You’re using an asset to acquire another defenseman. You’re also trading two assets for 1 piece. A team lacking depth both on the roster and on the farm can’t afford to trade 2 pieces for a defenseman who hasn’t lived up to expectations. The upgrade margin is questionable.

I am not sure what forward you think you will be getting for Montour and TT but I can assure you they are not going to be an upgrade over what we currently have on the roster
Jul. 18, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
Yeah Baby
Quoting: Couturier
I'd love to hear the argument of why I'm wrong.

Ugh, I don't have the energy....and you won't be convinced otherwise (neither will I) but here we go....

I get it, Konecny just had a great year and is trending up while being cost controlled and on top of that you're a Flyers fan and probably love the guy and the way he plays. Also, Gaudreau just had a down year for him and everybody on this site seems to think he's just a turd on skates or something. It's unreal.

But get back to me when Konecny has put up a 99 point season or produces a point per game over the course of 5 seasons, or when he's gets some Hart trophy votes, or when he does this:

Quote:
Between 2016 and 2019 Gaudreau placed 5th in the league amongst forwards in 5 on 5 scoring rate (2.58/60). The top 10 is:

Mcdavid
Kucherov
Marchand
Matthews
Gaudreau
Malkin
Kane
Crosby
Panarin
Guentzal

During the same time period only one player in the entire league was in on a higher percentage of his teams on ice 5 on 5 points and that was Mcdavid.

No offense honestly, I'm just really tired of seeing Gaudreau proposals where opposing teams fans pop in with the ole "my team easily declines". Bull**** they do. He's one of the top offensive players in the league and is on a massive steal of a contract right now, guys that do what he does get paid $10+ million AAV now. Maybe they decline, maybe they don't...but "hard pass" "easy decline" ??? LOL Let's get real here. Maybe you the fan easily declines that, but no GM with a half a brain would, and while Konecny is an awesome young player (obviously I think so, that's why I'd want him back for Johnny) he is not more valuable than Gaudreau because they had similar production for one year.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: dzmets
I am not sure what forward you think you will be getting for Montour and TT but I can assure you they are not going to be an upgrade over what we currently have on the roster

I never said they had to trade montour, but trading any defenseman for another dman limits your options. And I’m not against 2 for 1 deals, I’m against 2 for 1 for hanafin
Jul. 18, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: MJCrv
I never said they had to trade montour, but trading any defenseman for another dman limits your options. And I’m not against 2 for 1 deals, I’m against 2 for 1 for hanafin

If they want to be better they should be trading Risto and/or Montour which leaves a spot open at LD and possibly one at RD. Borgen can likely fill the right D spot but there is noone ready to fill the left D hole.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 2:05 p.m.
Ugh, I don't have the energy....and you won't be convinced otherwise (neither will I) but here we go....

I get it, Konecny just had a great year and is trending up while being cost controlled and on top of that you're a Flyers fan and probably love the guy and the way he plays. Also, Gaudreau just had a down year for him and everybody on this site seems to think he's just a turd on skates or something. It's unreal.

But get back to me when Konecny has put up a 99 point season or produces a point per game over the course of 5 seasons, or when he's gets some Hart trophy votes, or when he does this:

Quote:
Between 2016 and 2019 Gaudreau placed 5th in the league amongst forwards in 5 on 5 scoring rate (2.58/60). The top 10 is:

Mcdavid
Kucherov
Marchand
Matthews
Gaudreau
Malkin
Kane
Crosby
Panarin
Guentzal

During the same time period only one player in the entire league was in on a higher percentage of his teams on ice 5 on 5 points and that was Mcdavid.

No offense honestly, I'm just really tired of seeing Gaudreau proposals where opposing teams fans pop in with the ole "my team easily declines". Bull**** they do. He's one of the top offensive players in the league and is on a massive steal of a contract right now, guys that do what he does get paid $10+ million AAV now. Maybe they decline, maybe they don't...but "hard pass" "easy decline" ??? LOL Let's get real here. Maybe you the fan easily declines that, but no GM with a half a brain would, and while Konecny is an awesome young player (obviously I think so, that's why I'd want him back for Johnny) he is not more valuable than Gaudreau because they had similar production for one year.

The contract situation is huge and it does make a good difference in value. Flyers have Konecny locked up for five more years on his contract, while the Flames only have two on Gaudreau's contract. On top of that, Konecny has a lower cap hit. I get that Gaudreau had a down year, but how much better is he going to be over the next few years? He turns 27 this summer and his playstyle involves speed and skating. That diminishes as a player gets older. I'm not very confident that Gaudreau will age great. I know that Gaudreau would enjoy playing in Philly, but there is no guarantee that he will resign there. Even if we do extend Gaudreau, Konecny is going to be better by the time we do that. The performance that Gaudreau has had over the past years don't matter if he's not that same player anymore.

You are definitely going to hear, "my team easily declines," if you put up a garbage offer. Flyers already have no interest in Bennett or Kylington. Konecny is too much to give up for Gaudreau, let alone adding in Frost and a second round pick. So yes, it is a "hard pass." Konecny and Gaudreau had similar production this year. Konecny is still young and will continue to develop. Gaudreau is aging and will begin to decline soon. Like I said before, Konecny is on a better contract. Surely Konecny has more value over Gaudreau.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Yeah Baby
The contract situation is huge and it does make a good difference in value. Flyers have Konecny locked up for five more years on his contract, while the Flames only have two on Gaudreau's contract. On top of that, Konecny has a lower cap hit. I get that Gaudreau had a down year, but how much better is he going to be over the next few years? He turns 27 this summer and his playstyle involves speed and skating. That diminishes as a player gets older. I'm not very confident that Gaudreau will age great. I know that Gaudreau would enjoy playing in Philly, but there is no guarantee that he will resign there. Even if we do extend Gaudreau, Konecny is going to be better by the time we do that. The performance that Gaudreau has had over the past years don't matter if he's not that same player anymore.

You are definitely going to hear, "my team easily declines," if you put up a garbage offer. Flyers already have no interest in Bennett or Kylington. Konecny is too much to give up for Gaudreau, let alone adding in Frost and a second round pick. So yes, it is a "hard pass." Konecny and Gaudreau had similar production this year. Konecny is still young and will continue to develop. Gaudreau is aging and will begin to decline soon. Like I said before, Konecny is on a better contract. Surely Konecny has more value over Gaudreau.

If it was a garbage offer sure it's an "easy decline", but Gaudreau is the best player in the deal so it's not a garbage offer. If it was Kylington (who is actually a good prospect), Bennett and a 2nd for Konecny, THAT would be a garbage offer, and the kind you see on here all the time.

And of course you would claim Gaudreau isn't going to age well, because that fits your narrative. I would have no problem on betting that Gaudreau out scores Konecny over the next 5 seasons by a wide margin.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 2:21 p.m.
If it was a garbage offer sure it's an "easy decline", but Gaudreau is the best player in the deal so it's not a garbage offer. If it was Kylington (who is actually a good prospect), Bennett and a 2nd for Konecny, THAT would be a garbage offer, and the kind you see on here all the time.

I just explained how Konecny is a more valuable asset than Gaudreau and therefore he's the most valuable piece in the trade proposal. Prove my points that I said above wrong.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
Yeah Baby
I just explained how Konecny is a more valuable asset than Gaudreau and therefore he's the most valuable piece in the trade proposal. Prove my points that I said above wrong.

Haha. "Gaudreau is 27 and not going to age good" doesn't prove anything. You want a pat on the back for knowing his age, and then making **** up to fit your narrative?

How am I supposed to rebut that? Gaudreau has produced at an elite level for 5 seasons, just because Konecny had one good year and is signed for 5 more doesn't make him a more valuable asset haha.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Haha. "Gaudreau is 27 and not going to age good" doesn't prove anything. You want a pat on the back for knowing his age, and then making **** up to fit your narrative?

How am I supposed to rebut that? Gaudreau has produced at an elite level for 5 seasons, just because Konecny had one good year and is signed for 5 more doesn't make him a more valuable asset haha.

I just explained why Gaudreau is probably not going to age well. Konecny might go down a similar path because they have similar playstyles. Konecny is younger, so his skills will last longer.

Gaudreau's past performance doesn't matter if he's playing the way Konecny is right now. Again, Konecny is young and Gaudreau is somewhat old. Konecny hasn't hit his prime yet and it at Gaudreau's level right now. Gaudreau is aging and while he could still play well since this year was just a down year, his numbers will still go down.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. Seems like you don't understand the importance of contracts and have no knowledge on trade value factors. It's not worth my time.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
Yeah Baby
I just explained why Gaudreau is probably not going to age well. Konecny might go down a similar path because they have similar playstyles. Konecny is younger, so his skills will last longer.

Gaudreau's past performance doesn't matter if he's playing the way Konecny is right now. Again, Konecny is young and Gaudreau is somewhat old. Konecny hasn't hit his prime yet and it at Gaudreau's level right now. Gaudreau is aging and while he could still play well since this year was just a down year, his numbers will still go down.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. Seems like you don't understand the importance of contracts and have no knowledge on trade value factors. It's not worth my time.

Past numbers mean nothing....because that fits your narrative
Gaudreau won't age well.....because that fits your narrative
Konecny playing at Gaudreau's level now....yeah, because Gaudreau had his worst year in 6, and Konecny had his best. I'll take the 5 year sample size over the 60~ game sample size thanks, but that doesn't fit your narrative so you won't.

And 27 is not old. People said that about other elite offensive players too, guys like Kane and Ovechkin (elite offensive wingers), you know....some of the other names on that list of top 5 on 5 producers over a 3 year sample size that Gaudreau was ranked 5th on.

You got nothing but Konecny's contract, which is nice for sure, but that contract is the only reason his value is even in the same stratosphere as Gaudreau's right now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll