Forums/Armchair-GM

2 trades 1 cup

Created by: DirtyDangle
Team: 2020-21 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 18, 2020
Published: Jul. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
avs sign gallagher to 5 year $6m aav deal in the off-season.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$5,000,000
2$2,500,000
2$2,250,000
2$2,250,000
1$850,000
Trades
COL
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (NYI)
NJD
  1. Zadorov, Nikita [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
if not nj then sub with la or ott. just not in the central division.
MTL
  1. Beaucage, Alex [Reserve List]
  2. 2021 1st round pick (COL)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
deadline deal

mtl's choice: one of beaucage/ranta/mutala/kamenev
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,618,095$0$5,425,000$3,881,905
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:05 a.m.
Edited Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:11 a.m.
MTL choose Samuel Girard .

Just one little thing you have to keep in mind you can't pay just a rental price for Gallagher he will get an extention on the first week of October it was supose to be in July but because of the virus the UFA is in October this year thats the only reason he dont have one extention yet .

edit: first week of November for UFA
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:08 a.m.
retired
Quoting: chuck28

Just one little thing you have to keep in mind you can't pay just a rental price for Gallagher he will get an extention on the first week of October it was supose to be in July but because of the virus the UFA is in October this year thats the only reason he dont have one extention yet .

he and the avs can work out an extension. he said he wants to play for a competitor.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:10 a.m.

I dont feel like there is ANY package that MB would accept for Gallagher unless it is a huge overpay! Like I am talking Girard + Timmins + 2020 1st + Beaucage or Byram. Which from the Avs point of view doesn't make sense!
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
I dont feel like there is ANY package that MB would accept for Gallagher unless it is a huge overpay! Like I am talking Girard + Timmins + 2020 1st + Beaucage or Byram. Which from the Avs point of view doesn't make sense!

He did say it would be a deadline deal, which to me would indicate that both contract negotiations and the Habs season wasn't going all that well. I agree that Gallagher is very unlikely though.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
retired

it doesn't make sense period. rentals don't fetch that much. 1st, 2nd/3rd, and a prospect is the established value.
MGK liked this.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
Like I am talking Girard + Timmins + 2020 1st + Beaucage or Byram. Which from the Avs point of view doesn't make sense!

i think its too much but Girard and a 1st its a good starting point and we build the trade around that.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangle
he and the avs can work out an extension. he said he wants to play for a competitor.

No, he said it's about winning not money and he went on to say that he thinks the Habs are definitely headed in the right direction to being contenders. Here is the full article to help educate yourself!

https://www.saltwire.com/sports/hockey/its-always-been-about-winning-to-me-canadiens-brendan-gallagher-says-441534/
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:23 a.m.
You’re much better off targeting Tatar who is less rooted in Montreal. It’ll be easier to get him for a more reasonable price.
Campabee liked this.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
it doesn't make sense period. rentals don't fetch that much. 1st, 2nd/3rd, and a prospect is the established value.

A Gallagher trade won't be a rental! Gally will be resigned within the first 2 weeks of eligibility. There fore you have to look at what his actual value is then add to that! It would be like a Marner trade what is his value? Then what do we need to add to make it irresistible for Dubas! He will not be traded for fair value just like Marner wouldn't be, both would require a significant overpay.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:39 a.m.
retired
No, he said it's about winning not money and he went on to say that he thinks the Habs are definitely headed in the right direction to being contenders. Here is the full article to help educate yourself!

https://www.saltwire.com/sports/hockey/its-always-been-about-winning-to-me-canadiens-brendan-gallagher-says-441534/

it says everything you need to know in the title. "its always been about winning to me."

A Gallagher trade won't be a rental! Gally will be resigned within the first 2 weeks of eligibility. There fore you have to look at what his actual value is then add to that! It would be like a Marner trade what is his value? Then what do we need to add to make it irresistible for Dubas! He will not be traded for fair value just like Marner wouldn't be, both would require a significant overpay.

gallagher will only re-sign if he wants to. montreal no longer has team control over him. he may want to test the market given that he is on record saying being competitive is the most important thing to him.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:45 a.m.
retired
Quoting: Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien
You’re much better off targeting Tatar who is less rooted in Montreal. It’ll be easier to get him for a more reasonable price.

he's an option too but gallagher is more likely to re-sign and at a discount given his comments in the past. plus kadri and gallagher on a line together would be pure entertainment.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
Banned
throw in graves and deal
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
retired
Quoting: skriko
throw in graves and deal

if byram proves he an handle top 4 by the deadline then the avs might be willing to change the deal. graves instead of the 2nd + beaucage. i think the avs preference would be to deal the futures and keep their defensive depth for a cup run.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 10:57 a.m.
it says everything you need to know in the title. "its always been about winning to me."

gallagher will only re-sign if he wants to. montreal no longer has team control over him. he may want to test the market given that he is on record saying being competitive is the most important thing to him.

You obviously didn't read the articleand just like to troll everything Habs related. He said he thinks the Habs are competitive and has the confidence in the direction MB is taking the team! He sees the development of players like Suzuki and others as a sign that this is about to become a very good team.

Direct Quote

If you think that sounds like Gallagher wants out of Montreal, you would be wrong. When asked whether he thought it was possible to win with the Canadiens he replied: “I definitely do.”

While he said it was discouraging to miss the playoffs in each of the past two seasons (and heading for a third miss this season), he expressed confidence in general manager Marc Bergevin’s vision and pointed to the development of youngsters like Nick Suzuki as a sign that the Canadiens are headed in the right direction.

Another direct Quote

“I was happy to sign for a six years because it gave me a sense of security as a player and I was able to block out a lot of things that younger players have to deal with mentally,” Gallagher said. “That was important to me at the time. Now, I want to put myself in a position to compete for the Stanley Cup and I believe in  Montreal we have that potential and you can see steps going forward. As a player, you always like to stay where you are. Nobody like change all that much, it kinda scares you. If it’s possible to work it out in Montreal, it’s something I’d enjoy.”

You need to actually read the article to educate yourself before you make yourself look like an idiot. I know it is too late for that with regards to Gallagher and this article but next time you should really consider it!
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
retired
You obviously didn't read the articleand just like to troll everything Habs related. He said he thinks the Habs are competitive and has the confidence in the direction MB is taking the team! He sees the development of players like Suzuki and others as a sign that this is about to become a very good team.

Direct Quote

If you think that sounds like Gallagher wants out of Montreal, you would be wrong. When asked whether he thought it was possible to win with the Canadiens he replied: “I definitely do.”

While he said it was discouraging to miss the playoffs in each of the past two seasons (and heading for a third miss this season), he expressed confidence in general manager Marc Bergevin’s vision and pointed to the development of youngsters like Nick Suzuki as a sign that the Canadiens are headed in the right direction.

Another direct Quote

“I was happy to sign for a six years because it gave me a sense of security as a player and I was able to block out a lot of things that younger players have to deal with mentally,” Gallagher said. “That was important to me at the time. Now, I want to put myself in a position to compete for the Stanley Cup and I believe in  Montreal we have that potential and you can see steps going forward. As a player, you always like to stay where you are. Nobody like change all that much, it kinda scares you. If it’s possible to work it out in Montreal, it’s something I’d enjoy.”

You need to actually read the article to educate yourself before you make yourself look like an idiot. I know it is too late for that with regards to Gallagher and this article but next time you should really consider it!

read between the lines. everyone in the hockey world knows montreal isn't going to be a cup contender in the next 5 years. he's as good as gone.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
he's an option too but gallagher is more likely to re-sign and at a discount given his comments in the past. plus kadri and gallagher on a line together would be pure entertainment.

Gallagher would sign at a discount for Montreal not other teams! He loves Montreal and sees Montreal as a contender if not next season in the near future and will help them out if it comes down to signing for less to bring in the talent to win.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:06 a.m.
retired
Gallagher would sign at a discount for Montreal not other teams! He loves Montreal and sees Montreal as a contender if not next season in the near future and will help them out if it comes down to signing for less to bring in the talent to win.

he said being competitive is more important than money. he can have that in colorado. they can probably get him cheaper than most teams other up and coming teams like philly, edmonton, and nyr. maybe teams who are good now but don't have as deep prospect pools like boston, tampa, and pittsburgh.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:08 a.m.

edit: first week of November for UFA

You can choose all you want but the Avs wouldn’t trade Girard one for one for anybody on MTL. 22yr old top 2 dmen signed for the next 7 years at an insanely team friendly deal coming into their own offensively (he had 34pts this truncated). Gallagher is a super good player, that’s 28, has one year left on his deal and has never scored 60pts in a season. That doesn’t even remotely get you a Girard.
DirtyDangle and earl08 liked this.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:08 a.m.
read between the lines. everyone in the hockey world knows montreal isn't going to be a cup contender in the next 5 years. he's as good as gone.

LMAO you like to troll don't you! There is no need to read between the lines Gallagher says what is on his mind always has and always will!

Now, I want to put myself in a position to compete for the Stanley Cup and I believe in  Montreal we have that potential and you can see steps going forward

Any moron can imagine what they want when they say "read between the lines" but it doesn't make it true!
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
retired
LMAO you like to troll don't you! There is no need to read between the lines Gallagher says what is on his mind always has and always will!

Now, I want to put myself in a position to compete for the Stanley Cup and I believe in  Montreal we have that potential and you can see steps going forward

Any moron can imagine what they want when they say "read between the lines" but it doesn't make it true!

he still has a year left on his contract. what is he going to say to the montreal sports media? bergevin's been doing his best to keep this team at the lower end of the middle of the pack.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:19 a.m.
he said being competitive is more important than money. he can have that in colorado. they can probably get him cheaper than most teams other up and coming teams like philly, edmonton, and nyr. maybe teams who are good now but don't have as deep prospect pools like boston, tampa, and pittsburgh.

Your right that is what he said but again if you read the article he also said "an opportunity to set yourself for life. It’s something everyone dreams of having but (money’s) not my priority. I don’t want go through my entire career and look back having regrets.” meaning he is also thinking about financial security as well but it is not his only consideration. Montreal will offer him probably 6.5 Mil x 8 years with a full NMC and it will cost everyone else like 7.5-8.5 Mil x 7 years and a full NMC as well to get him to even consider moving on from the Habs especially since he views the Habs as being a contender in the near future.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
he still has a year left on his contract. what is he going to say to the montreal sports media? bergevin's been doing his best to keep this team at the lower end of the middle of the pack.

LMAO clearly a Leafs fans point of view cause the Habs aren't signing everyone to 11 Mil contracts and losing in the 1st round every year to the Bruins!
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
retired
Your right that is what he said but again if you read the article he also said "an opportunity to set yourself for life. It’s something everyone dreams of having but (money’s) not my priority. I don’t want go through my entire career and look back having regrets.” meaning he is also thinking about financial security as well but it is not his only consideration. Montreal will offer him probably 6.5 Mil x 8 years with a full NMC and it will cost everyone else like 7.5-8.5 Mil x 7 years and a full NMC as well to get him to even consider moving on from the Habs especially since he views the Habs as being a contender in the near future.

colorado would just do $6m for 5 years or $5.5M for 7 years. that way gallagher gets everything he wants and doesn't have to settle for just the paycheck and regrets.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
retired
LMAO clearly a Leafs fans point of view cause the Habs aren't signing everyone to 11 Mil contracts and losing in the 1st round every year to the Bruins!

it's not a matter of montreal affording gallagher. they have the cap room but he wants to go for the cup. montreal only has team control for 1 season then gallagher has all the leverage.
Jul. 18, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
I am done and will be reporting this account as a troll!
DirtyDangle liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll