Published: Jul. 19, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Agree with Foerster. Think he should go in the first round
crankshaft liked this.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
Agree with Foerster. Think he should go in the first round

He kind of reminds me of Ryan Merkley. Super high offensive upside. Superior power play talent but needs serious work away from the puck. Merkley has improved everything vastly because SJ was patient with him. If a team is willing to be patient and put him in the right situations I think Tyson should go 1st round too. But if he is rushed, it could ruin his potential.
Remus liked this.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 1:47 p.m.
Couple of these that i'm really into. I've been watching the channel Draft Dynasty on Youtube and theres some really exciting later prospects this draft.
crankshaft and DatsyukianDekes liked this.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Quoting: Seider53
Couple of these that i'm really into. I've been watching the channel Draft Dynasty on Youtube and theres some really exciting later prospects this draft.

Any of them could be the next Pavelski or Zetterberg. In 5 years there will be 2020 redrafts with a few of these guys going in round 1 I guarantee it.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: crankshaft
Any of them could be the next Pavelski or Zetterberg. In 5 years there will be 2020 redrafts with a few of these guys going in round 1 I guarantee it.

There seems to in this draft be a lot of guys with one of two high level to elite skills, along with a major flaw to their game that they need to overcome. The 20-40 range looks to have a lot of potential in there with the right development. I know wings fans want picks in '22 to get a shot at Wright, but id love an extra one or two in that 20-40 range as I genuinely believe we could develop someone drafted in the late 1st early 2nd into a legit NHL talent. (Would have loved the german connection or Seider, Stutzle and one of Peterka or Reichel) but the draft lottery got in the way frown
Jul. 19, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
There seems to in this draft be a lot of guys with one of two high level to elite skills, along with a major flaw to their game that they need to overcome. The 20-40 range looks to have a lot of potential in there with the right development. I know wings fans want picks in '22 to get a shot at Wright, but id love an extra one or two in that 20-40 range as I genuinely believe we could develop someone drafted in the late 1st early 2nd into a legit NHL talent. (Would have loved the german connection or Seider, Stutzle and one of Peterka or Reichel) but the draft lottery got in the way frown

I hope SJ picks Reichel and/or Peterka. Sharks have had success with Germans too with Sturm, Goc, Ehrhoff so adding Reichel would be awesome at 28 and Peterka at 34. Either way I know we're getting a good player with those picks.

I thought the Wings would grab Rossi not only is he amazing but he's Austrian. Rossi would look great next to Mantha...

Sharks have been focused on Russian talent of late (I think we have the most Russian prospects in the league) so we might end up with Khusnutdinov at 28. Though my favorite player in the draft outside the top 5 is Rodion Amirov, if we somehow picked him I would feel so much better about our future.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
I hope SJ picks Reichel and/or Peterka. Sharks have had success with Germans too with Sturm, Goc, Ehrhoff so adding Reichel would be awesome at 28 and Peterka at 34. Either way I know we're getting a good player with those picks.

I thought the Wings would grab Rossi not only is he amazing but he's Austrian. Rossi would look great next to Mantha...

Sharks have been focused on Russian talent of late (I think we have the most Russian prospects in the league) so we might end up with Khusnutdinov at 28. Though my favorite player in the draft outside the top 5 is Rodion Amirov, if we somehow picked him I would feel so much better about our future.

Our last draft was focussed heavily on Hockey IQ, work Ethic and Character. The Perfetti rumours seem reasonable based on that, as he is absurdly smart, and reportedly absurdly hard working. I think though that we could trade down and get him, as players like Rossi, Drysdale etc. should probably on pure talent go ahead. Trading down with NJ would be really intruiging.
A lot of the guys in the late 1st early 2nd seem to have weaker skating, which is certainly an issue that can be developed.
crankshaft liked this.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
Our last draft was focussed heavily on Hockey IQ, work Ethic and Character. The Perfetti rumours seem reasonable based on that, as he is absurdly smart, and reportedly absurdly hard working. I think though that we could trade down and get him, as players like Rossi, Drysdale etc. should probably on pure talent go ahead. Trading down with NJ would be really intruiging.
A lot of the guys in the late 1st early 2nd seem to have weaker skating, which is certainly an issue that can be developed.

Players can have average skating and still be impact players, for instance Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture turned out alright with basically below average skating. But then again, they both have ridiculously high hockey IQ which basically negates their bad skating.

I was a big fan of Detroit drafting Veleno and Seider, both underrated, versatile talents with strong upside.

What positions are D's biggest needs?
Jul. 19, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
Players can have average skating and still be impact players, for instance Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture turned out alright with basically below average skating. But then again, they both have ridiculously high hockey IQ which basically negates their bad skating.

I was a big fan of Detroit drafting Veleno and Seider, both underrated, versatile talents with strong upside.

What positions are D's biggest needs?

Talent, and to a lesser extent, a good shooter. They have a good variety of guys that will make the middle 6/bottom 4 and play a reasonable role there, but they don't have a prospect that will drive a line, or be a game changer.
That and starting goalie, but I think Askarov at 4 is too much of a reach.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Talent, and to a lesser extent, a good shooter. They have a good variety of guys that will make the middle 6/bottom 4 and play a reasonable role there, but they don't have a prospect that will drive a line, or be a game changer.
That and starting goalie, but I think Askarov at 4 is too much of a reach.

Could always grab Nico Daws or Blomqvist in later rounds. SO Detroit will be drafting highest upside possible? Rossi or Raymond possibly. Maybe Perfetti. Either way D is getting a very strong talent.
Jul. 19, 2020 at 5:53 p.m.
Could always grab Nico Daws or Blomqvist in later rounds. SO Detroit will be drafting highest upside possible? Rossi or Raymond possibly. Maybe Perfetti. Either way D is getting a very strong talent.

Yes, although its a bit of a mystery as to who they think that will be. Yzerman keeps a tight ship, and the Perfetti speculation is largely based on Detroit connections with Saginaw, and Perfetti ticking a lot of the same boxes as the prospects we took last year.
The Seider pick was off the board, but Detroit's scouts clearly saw something under-scouted in the DEL, and Holland in Edmonton had full access to those same scouts for most of the year, so Seider wasn't slipping past them. I would be very happy with 1 of Daws or Blomqvist. One of those late 2nds should do it.
crankshaft liked this.
Jul. 20, 2020 at 2:09 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
Since no one else is saying it, I will...

Zion Nybeck is a top-15 talent. Only reason he’ll go in the 2nd is because he’s 5’7”

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll