KeepUps15 liked this.
Jul. 22, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
Sandin over Smith and Lunkvist
Jexus liked this.
Jul. 22, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: kafle22
romanov is overated

Hmm. Says who? Maybe wait until you see him in the NHL? Maybe you didn't see him at the world juniors the last two years?
Jul. 22, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Mattias Norlinder. Not a name many of you know from this draft but imo he will sky rocket on this list in about two to three years
Jul. 22, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
Isles7
Dobson is way too low. His underlying numbers were great this season. He might not be as dynamic offensively as guys like smith and boqvist, but he’s above average at everything. Not flashy, but no holes in his game. He’ll be the isles #1 defenseman sooner than later.
Jul. 22, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Commonsense27
Mattias Norlinder. Not a name many of you know from this draft but imo he will sky rocket on this list in about two to three years

we got him in 2019
Jul. 22, 2020 at 10:14 p.m.
Kafle
Hmm. Says who? Maybe wait until you see him in the NHL? Maybe you didn't see him at the world juniors the last two years?

The hype surronding him is too much, sure he could a top 4 but is he already a lock for number 1 like some people on this site think? no
KeepUps15 liked this.
Jul. 23, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: kafle22
The hype surronding him is too much, sure he could a top 4 but is he already a lock for number 1 like some people on this site think? no

He is proted to be a top 3 D. He was a steal in the second round. Where he was drafted is why he is getting more hype. Also all star D at back to back world juniors says he easily could turn into a legit first pairing D. Which aren't easy to come by
Jul. 23, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
Kafle
He is proted to be a top 3 D. He was a steal in the second round. Where he was drafted is why he is getting more hype. Also all star D at back to back world juniors says he easily could turn into a legit first pairing D. Which aren't easy to come by

let him play a game in North America then we will see
Jul. 24, 2020 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: Isles777
Dobson is way too low. His underlying numbers were great this season. He might not be as dynamic offensively as guys like smith and boqvist, but he’s above average at everything. Not flashy, but no holes in his game. He’ll be the isles #1 defenseman sooner than later.

Dobson was heavily sheltered this past season. I still love him as a prospect, he's big, can skate, and think at a high level, but the way the Isles used him this year was really odd. Probably has something to do with CHL-AHL rule.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: firezfurx
Sandin over Smith and Lunkvist

I'd agree with that. I'd even put Lundkvist above Smith, but I don't think Smith should be lower than 6/7 (depending on how you feel about Bouchard)
Jul. 24, 2020 at 1:55 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Book_Hockey
Dobson was heavily sheltered this past season. I still love him as a prospect, he's big, can skate, and think at a high level, but the way the Isles used him this year was really odd. Probably has something to do with CHL-AHL rule.

For sure he was sheltered , but for the most part he was playing on his offside with one of the worst defenseman in the NHL (boychuk) and he was a great play driver offensively and was well above average defensively.

Barry trotz has always had a problem with playing skilled young guys (vrana, Burakovsky , forsberg , Schmidt ). He doesn’t reward accomplishment with advancement - it was evident Dobson deserved more minutes but trotz wouldn’t give them to him.

He’ll likely be a regular next season.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
For sure he was sheltered , but for the most part he was playing on his offside with one of the worst defenseman in the NHL (boychuk) and he was a great play driver offensively and was well above average defensively.

Barry trotz has always had a problem with playing skilled young guys (vrana, Burakovsky , forsberg , Schmidt ). He doesn’t reward accomplishment with advancement - it was evident Dobson deserved more minutes but trotz wouldn’t give them to him.

He’ll likely be a regular next season.

Do you think he would've played in Bridgeport if he were eligible? It was apparent the club didn't think another year in the Q would be beneficial. He was scratched almost 40 times though that's what I don't understand.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
Isles7
Do you think he would've played in Bridgeport if he were eligible? It was apparent the club didn't think another year in the Q would be beneficial. He was scratched almost 40 times though that's what I don't understand.

Without a doubt, but that’s just because trotz is a conservative coach. Dobson’s development was great this season , but I still don’t agree with him being scratched 40 times. He was clearly NHL ready .The islanders were a better team when he was on the ice.

With Leddy likely gone next season and Bridgeport crowded with RHD, they will be forced to give him regular minutes in the NHL next season, which is a good thing.
Book_Hockey liked this.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Without a doubt, but that’s just because trotz is a conservative coach. Dobson’s development was great this season , but I still don’t agree with him being scratched 40 times. He was clearly NHL ready .The islanders were a better team when he was on the ice.

With Leddy likely gone next season and Bridgeport crowded with RHD, they will be forced to give him regular minutes in the NHL next season, which is a good thing.

Awesome for you, bad news for my Devils.
Isles777 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
Isles7
Awesome for you, bad news for my Devils.

The devils don’t need to be good right now. Blackwood looks like a stud and I think smith/Hughes will be solid next season. They’ll be a fun team to watch but in a few years they can make some noise in the playoffs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll