SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NHL Playoff and Play-in Discussion

Aug. 5, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
sorry i didn't realize cross checking someone from behind was a "normal playoff cross check"

it is. Watch any playoff game and youll see worse things than that go uncalled. If that was a penalty then there would only be a couple of 5v5 mins per game
Kotkaniemi15 and justaBoss liked this.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: moli92
it is. Watch any playoff game and youll see worse things than that go uncalled. If that was a penalty then there would only be a couple of 5v5 mins per game

cool so when clifford murders dubois no one will whine about it
Aug. 5, 2020 at 4:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Is Dubios suspended? If not does a leaf fight him next game? And considering the kind of player he is, does he fight, of is he too scared to?

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
While it is horrible that Muzzin got injured, you can’t get mad at Dubois. That’s just a normal playoff cross check that goes uncalled all the time. Whatever happened when he fell into Bjorkstrand was a fluke injury.

I think it should have been a penalty on Dubois but not a suspension ... he had no idea Muzzin would run into Bjorkstrand like that.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I think it should have been a penalty on Dubois but not a suspension ... he had no idea Muzzin would run into Bjorkstrand like that.

It should have been a penalty. But knowing how refs operate in the playoffs, it was basically guaranteed to go uncalled.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.
Unpopular opinion. Chara needs to retire and the bruins need to replace him ASAP.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I just heard Lindblom might enter the bubble and play!
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:06 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Dale Weise the birthday boy with a goal today. Calling it now.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
If Jack Johnson plays the next two games, the pens lose.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 8:33 a.m.
i am a little butthurt saying this but why did the nhl decide that 3 round robin games after 4 months off would decide the seeding of the top 4 in each conference... even if everything was equal and all 3 teams other than the bruins won 3 more games while the bruins lost all 3, bruins are still 2 points ahead of tampa and washington and 3 ahead of philly... what braintrust thought this was the best solution lol.

Sidenote, bruins arent winning the cup.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 9:19 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: hanson493
i am a little butthurt saying this but why did the nhl decide that 3 round robin games after 4 months off would decide the seeding of the top 4 in each conference... even if everything was equal and all 3 teams other than the bruins won 3 more games while the bruins lost all 3, bruins are still 2 points ahead of tampa and washington and 3 ahead of philly... what braintrust thought this was the best solution lol.

Sidenote, bruins arent winning the cup.

It was to try to give the top 4 teams meaningful games to play before jumping into a playoff series. Although it doesn’t seem like the Bruins got the memo.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
It was to try to give the top 4 teams meaningful games to play before jumping into a playoff series. Although it doesn’t seem like the Bruins got the memo.

well first, the bruins always start slow, they never start the season on fire it takes them a little bit to get going... that being said, the exhibition game they didnt look cohesive alot of chasing. The game vs philly they couldnt control the puck. Gave up too many odd man rushes and easy turnovers in the neutral zone. Similar thing happened in the first period vs the lightning. Chara looks like a turtle on ice, and bergeron and krejci have both looked pretty slow themselves. I liked what i saw in periods 2 and 3 from the bruins in that game. But why are we deciding playoff seeding based on 3 games after 4 months of not playing... should have just done a point continuation for those 4 teams assuming 70 games played and given flyers and caps an extra win or gone back to 69 and gone from there. Its kind of a joke the NHL had one 100 point team this year and they arent the top seed in the playoffs.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 9:42 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: hanson493
well first, the bruins always start slow, they never start the season on fire it takes them a little bit to get going... that being said, the exhibition game they didnt look cohesive alot of chasing. The game vs philly they couldnt control the puck. Gave up too many odd man rushes and easy turnovers in the neutral zone. Similar thing happened in the first period vs the lightning. Chara looks like a turtle on ice, and bergeron and krejci have both looked pretty slow themselves. I liked what i saw in periods 2 and 3 from the bruins in that game. But why are we deciding playoff seeding based on 3 games after 4 months of not playing... should have just done a point continuation for those 4 teams assuming 70 games played and given flyers and caps an extra win or gone back to 69 and gone from there. Its kind of a joke the NHL had one 100 point team this year and they arent the top seed in the playoffs.

Ok, but I don’t know why people are so hung up on matchups. If you’re going to win the cup, you need to beat the best teams to win anyways, so it shouldn’t matter what order you beat them in. And if you lose it really makes no difference if you lose in the conference finals or the first round, other than a higher draft pick.

If you were to make it like you said, the Bruins would have even less incentive to win, and then they could get steamrolled by a hungry underdog like Columbus did to Tampa Bay last year.

I really like the Bruins, but they aren’t looking like themselves right now. For their sake hopefully they can pick up their game before they play PIT/CAR/TOR/CBJ in a few days.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
YIkes PIttsburgh
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: EnvironmentalTwister
YIkes PIttsburgh

The Pens looked dead after Montreal took the lead last night. After the sweep last year, if they lose this series, there could be some major changes to the team.

Rutherford is the GM so you can’t be sure what will happen, but I don’t think that Sullivan should be their coach going forward.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
The Pens looked dead after Montreal took the lead last night. After the sweep last year, if they lose this series, there could be some major changes to the team.

Rutherford is the GM so you can’t be sure what will happen, but I don’t think that Sullivan should be their coach going forward.

Is there any rumours about a Malkin trade? bc if they’re considering a reboot, it would make sense
Aug. 6, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
torontos finest
g-gif-update.php?r000=239
Aug. 6, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
burn the pegulas
matthews just got EXPOSED
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok, but I don’t know why people are so hung up on matchups. If you’re going to win the cup, you need to beat the best teams to win anyways, so it shouldn’t matter what order you beat them in. And if you lose it really makes no difference if you lose in the conference finals or the first round, other than a higher draft pick.

If you were to make it like you said, the Bruins would have even less incentive to win, and then they could get steamrolled by a hungry underdog like Columbus did to Tampa Bay last year.

I really like the Bruins, but they aren’t looking like themselves right now. For their sake hopefully they can pick up their game before they play PIT/CAR/TOR/CBJ in a few days.

What about the Islanders? They're a potential opponent for the Bruins.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Any other Islanders fans in this thread? LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!

New York Islanders
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:04 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Any other Islanders fans in this thread? LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!!

New York Islanders

Well we know there are no Florida fans
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
What about the Islanders? They're a potential opponent for the Bruins.

Yes. I don’t know why I didn’t include them. So PIT/CAR/NYI/TOR/CBJ.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I’m going to predict the scores of the games today, because why not.

NYI 4 - FLA 2*
ARI 3 - NSH 2 (OT)
PIT 4 - MTL 2
EDM 6 - CHI 3
TOR 2 - CBJ 1
VAN 4 - MIN 1

*This is cheating, because the game is already halfway finished.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:29 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
What a save by Pulock.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So 3 weeks before his 29th birthday, it seems like Alex Belzile will make his NHL debut today. This is amazing for a guy who went undrafted and played in the ECHL for 6 years before becoming a full time AHLer and working his way to an NHL contract. I’m so happy for him.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So 3 weeks before his 29th birthday, it seems like Alex Belzile will make his NHL debut today. This is amazing for a guy who went undrafted and played in the ECHL for 6 years before becoming a full time AHLer and working his way to an NHL contract. I’m so happy for him.

I've never heard of him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll