Forums/Armchair-GM

This is a Bruins rant that I need to get off my chest

Created by: nalzugaray12
Team: 2016-17 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 31, 2016
Published: Aug. 31, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So I'm gonna start off the day of the 2015 draft, (aka Don Sweeney's first draft). His first strike was Dougie Hamilton not coming back. I heard the rumors of him not being a cool guy in the locker room but he was going to be our #1 dman. NUMBER 1. He just came off a breakout year and then just like that, gone. A very bad start. Lucic trade, perfect. We robbed them in that trade. That was good. Then don't worry, it all goes downhill from here.
The 13th,14th,15th pick- 3 straight 1st round picks with some good talent on the board. Well Don made some bold moves. 13th he took Jakub Zboril. Not bad. Gritty two way player thats fine. Hell be a top pairing dman. At 14 he took Debrusk. Okay I like him but now im getting worried. Where was Kyle Connor? He's got to be the next pick right? Witht he 15th pick, Bruins select Zach Senyshyn. WHAT? A gamble pick with Connor on the board? Sweeney come on! Senyshyn had a great year but he didn't have the year Connor had. SWEENEY WHAT ARE U DOING? Only time will tell how these players turn out but right now Connor will be a star.
The Reilly Smith trade- Now Smith had a down year in scoring (So did everyone in all fairness) so him and Savard got dished to Florida for Jimmy Hayes (I'll get to him in a second). I was content at first. Smith had a hell of a first year for Boston. He truly is a two way top 6 player. But Savard's contract finally gone was key. Now here comes the fun part. Hayes was absolutely horrible his first year. A man his size that doesn't use his body effectively PISSES me off. He was scratched more than Connolly! Smith, i miss u so much bud. That was a bad trade and we now have that void in the top 6 wing we could of used.
So the trade deadline happens. Eriksson is still a Bruin. Ummmm. So does that mean he's resigning? Negative. Well no playoffs AGAIN so now it looks like we're worse
We're not done yet, Kevan Miller gets a new contract. Now he was absolutely atrocious in the beginning-middle of the year. I will admit he did get better. His stats are so deceiving so don't talk about his plus minus. I get it. The guy is mediocre. I will say he is a bottom pairing dman. Some say he should be a 7th dman or in the AHL, but no the guy belongs on the third pairing i will admit. The problem is, we have 2 of the same type of dmen in Miller and Mcquaid. Both tough and cant play D. I'd rather have Miller than Mcquaid but we are now paying Miller 2.5 million a year for FOUR YEARS. Whoever researches prospect hockey will understand the Bruins have the top 5 best dmen prospect system in the league. WHY IS MILLER APART OF OUR FUTURE? I'm done cuz it gives me a headache
Eriksson is a Canuck so looks like we saved 6 million right? That money will try to get us Shattenkirk next year? WRONG. Enter David Backes. NOW THIS RIGHT HERE, THIS SIGNING PROVED DON SWEENEY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE'S DOING! IT PROVES IT! The Bruins have 2 first line centers in Bergeron, Krejci and a fantastic 3rd liner in Spooner who could honestly end up being a top 6 player. Why would we get another natural center?HIS GAME IS DROPPING. HES MAKING 6 MILLION until 37 years old!! Days go by and I'm still waiting for a dman. Who do we get? Riley Nash- a center. Not a bad player. But okay Don pull the trigger on a dman. Who's next? Dominic Moore- a center. WE NOW HAVE 7 CENTERS! 7! Don WHAT ARE U DOING? DO YOU KNOW? Offseason is about over now and the Bruins got one new dman named Alex Grant aka an AHL defenseman. He has faith in the bruins defense. ARE U KIDDING ME? We have Kevan Miller in the top pairing with Chara.
So i think Colin Miller is going to be a top 4 dman. He's going to be good. Liles? He was decent. nothing special, just decent. Mcquaid shouldn't be here anymore. Chara has 2 years left. Morrow is developing his game still but i think hell be solid, not flashy. Our D prospects aren't ready either.

SO WHAT AM I SUGGESTING IS THE PROBLEM?
Don Sweeney and Cam Neely are the problem. They should both not be here. They are stuck in this tough, big bad Bruins look that is just completely gone. This team should focus on getting younger and getting defense. David Backes would be okay for 2 years. 6 YEARS? NOOOOOOOO. We are going to be in the same exact place where we were last season. Not good enough to be a playoff team, not bad enough to be in the top 10 draft board. ZERO defense. we're out of the shattenkirk race UNLESS marchand is gone. I am totally fine with Marchand getting dealt for a dman. 7 million a year? GTFO. He has never put up 60 points til last season and now he wants 7 million. Get out. Fire Sweeney and lets get somebody who knows what they're doing.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$63,768,334$0$515,000$9,231,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
RW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,916,667$6,916,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$600,000$600,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 31, 2016 at 7:39 p.m.
great center depth
Aug. 31, 2016 at 7:45 p.m.
BreKel
Yawn...... 3 minutes I'll never get back. These rants are old and boring. The plan is evident, but this "I want it now" mentality is annoying.
Aug. 31, 2016 at 7:46 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
An excellent rant, and a good analysis of your team. Four guys, 30+ years of age making 27m on long term contracts,( 3 centres and Rask) not a great scenario for long term success.
LeafsFan liked this.
Aug. 31, 2016 at 7:50 p.m.
In all serious, I know the Bruins have some amazing pieces, but could it be time for a rebuild? I know it seems early given their recent historic success but if they started now they could fetch some unbelievable returns for the likes of Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and even ship out Chara and Rask for some decent hauls
Aug. 31, 2016 at 7:56 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Because we HAVE to win it now! Don't you get it? Our ace defenseman is 39 years old. Who is going to be our ace after that? Krug? LOL. How many GOOD years do we have left with Krejci, Bergeron, Backes? Time is ticking. Tell me- Why SHOULDN'T we be in win now mode? It's not like we're THAT young. Our best players are about 30 years old besides Krug and Pastrnak. Games start to drop at around 32-33 years old. We have some horrible contracts like Krejci and Backes that are pretty impossible to trade now.
Quoting: BreKel
Yawn...... 3 minutes I'll never get back. These rants are old and boring. The plan is evident, but this "I want it now" mentality is annoying.
Aug. 31, 2016 at 8:02 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Bergeron shouldn't go anywhere. Krejci should be a trade piece but we would have to eat some money in order to do that. Marchand right now is our BEST trade piece. He's at an all time high for trade value. Who needs a scoring winger that will give good dmen?? ST LOUIS! ANAHEIM! MINNESTOTA! Sweeney, pull it! Spooner isn't a bad bait either. With all those centers, why do we need spooner now? He sucked on the wing.Sweeney can't make a trade like Chiarelli could and thats a problem. You have to make risks as a business man. Sweeney makes BAD risks.
Quoting: LeafsFan
In all serious, I know the Bruins have some amazing pieces, but could it be time for a rebuild? I know it seems early given their recent historic success but if they started now they could fetch some unbelievable returns for the likes of Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and even ship out Chara and Rask for some decent hauls
Aug. 31, 2016 at 8:30 p.m.
Stammer Time!
Very good
Sep. 1, 2016 at 4:49 a.m.
Seems to me that Backes replaces Eriksson on the RW of Bergy's line. Then when Krejci inevitably gets hurt he can step into the center role there. I'd agree that the D needs help but it's not like it hasn't been widely reported that Boston is trying to upgrade there. Spooner moves to wing on Krejci's line as he was pretty sub par int he circle. It also puts him in a position to distribute to Backes who has historically scored 20-30 goals a year for years. Rask takes over the 3rd line with Beleskey and Hayes. Or Vatrano takes over Krejcis wing and they keep together Bels-Spooner-Hayes which at least statistically seems like it worked pretty well. Rask then drops to the 4th line C/RW and Moore plays C/LW with Acciari also available. having extra centers is not an issue. Asking a center to play wing is easy. Asking a winger to play center doesn't work as well.
Sep. 1, 2016 at 8:09 a.m.
Ross
Bruins have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL now, so imo Sweeney has done a great job drafting. I don't think people realize how hard it is to get a young, top pairing defensemen in this league. You have to give in order to get.

Also, am I the only one that actually liked the Moore signing? Cheap money for a great 4th line center who can win faceoffs sounds like a steal to me...
Sep. 1, 2016 at 9:53 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: nalzugaray12
Bergeron shouldn't go anywhere. Krejci should be a trade piece but we would have to eat some money in order to do that. Marchand right now is our BEST trade piece. He's at an all time high for trade value. Who needs a scoring winger that will give good dmen?? ST LOUIS! ANAHEIM! MINNESTOTA! Sweeney, pull it! Spooner isn't a bad bait either. With all those centers, why do we need spooner now? He sucked on the wing.Sweeney can't make a trade like Chiarelli could and thats a problem. You have to make risks as a business man. Sweeney makes BAD risks.
Quoting: LeafsFan

St, Louis? Pietrangelo is the only defenseman that I would move Marchand for in a deal.

Anaheim? Lindholm is the only defenseman that I would move Marchand for in a deal.

Minnesota? I would not move Marchand for any of their defenseman.

So if Sweeney is "pulling!" a trade with Marchand included for any player NOT named Lindholm or Pietrangelo, then he should be fired on the spot, because Marchand >>>>>>>> Shattenkirk, Dumba, Fowler, Brodin.

You want to "win it now," and be a Cup contender, yet you want to move our best offensive forward for a defenseman who isn't going to make us any better. You weaken our offense (and take Marchand out of it. It becomes really ugly) for a minimal upgrade on defense. You think it's a great move, but looking at the whole thing, it's a lateral move at best, because the Bruins are not 1 top 4 defenseman away from being where you want. You severely weaken their top 6:

Beleskey -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Vatrano -- Bergeron -- ?????

Woof...... That gives me heartburn.
Sep. 1, 2016 at 10:36 a.m.
Quoting: Bruins_Fan1990
Bruins have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL now, so imo Sweeney has done a great job drafting. I don't think people realize how hard it is to get a young, top pairing defensemen in this league. You have to give in order to get.

Also, am I the only one that actually liked the Moore signing? Cheap money for a great 4th line center who can win faceoffs sounds like a steal to me...

I liked the Moore signing, too. I have no issues taking flyers on fourth line guys making small$. I think the biggest issue is that the B's aren't good enough to win now and they are more than just one or two pieces away (assuming that they'd have to give to get). Young top pair Dmen are arguably the most valuable asset in the game right now, just look at what EDM gave up to get Larsson. I'd also argue that they are two top 4 guys away. Unless you can get someone to bite on prospects and picks in a trade the Bruins are going to have to hope that some of their D prospects fast track and can help while the core forward group still has some legs and guys like Pastrnek, Vatrano, and Spooner A) make strides toward becoming/staying top 6 guys and B) don't price themselves out of town. As I've said earlier, I can be patient as long as they are moving toward Cup contention, but I need to see a better semblance of a plan (preferably one that doesn't include signing 30+ year olds to long term deals). End of rant.
Sep. 2, 2016 at 1:09 a.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: Gpars
Very good

Saw your last post. Your opinion doesn't mean anything.
everyone agrees with this except u. interesting. our offense would be fine without marchand especially if we would bring in a nice two way defenseman that has good offensive ability...If vatrano or pastrnak have good seasons then marchand can go right away to another team. If U want marchand on the bruins for 7 million then man oh man the "heartburn" is coming straight to me
Sep. 2, 2016 at 12:37 p.m.
Ross
Very good

everyone agrees with this except u. interesting. our offense would be fine without marchand especially if we would bring in a nice two way defenseman that has good offensive ability...If vatrano or pastrnak have good seasons then marchand can go right away to another team. If U want marchand on the bruins for 7 million then man oh man the "heartburn" is coming straight to me

I actually don't agree either. People that expect this team to "win now" are crazy.

It gives me heartburn that you want to trade away our leading goalscorer, not to mention all of the other intangibles he brings to the game.
Sep. 2, 2016 at 1:06 p.m.
BreKel
Very good

Everyone agrees with you? I see a few Leafs fans (who cares about their opinions on the Bruins) and a few fans of other teams. So the posters agreeing with you are the ones who don't watch the Bruins. I watch the Bruins. I will be a Bruins fan until the day I die. I watch every game if I'm not at the games, and study this team a lot. I read up on them, belong to a few forums that discuss the Bruins/hockey/etc. I like to think i have a better knowledge about the Bruins than some, and definitely more than fans of OTHER TEAMS.

So with that..... You really think our offense will be fine without Marchand? What if Vatrano isn't as good as we think, and settles into a 3rd line role, which is more likely than him becoming anything higher? Our LW depth becomes thin. Our RW depth is already thin. You want to trade our top goal scorer (and that's not all he does as BF_1990 said above). You want to move him for a defenseman. That's great... Which defensemen are you trading him for? Because for what's supposedly available, Marchand is worth more to the Bruins than those Dman are.
Sep. 2, 2016 at 1:44 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Thats why I said if Vatrano or Pastrnak turn out to be good, then we don't need marchand. marchand puts up 20 goals a year and minimum 40-45 points. this is the first year hes put up 60 points and a 30 goal yr. we should be getting 20+ goals from Bergy, Pasta, Backes, Vatrano, and even hayes. yes our offense would be fine without marchand IF vatrano breaks out
Very good

Everyone agrees with you? I see a few Leafs fans (who cares about their opinions on the Bruins) and a few fans of other teams. So the posters agreeing with you are the ones who don't watch the Bruins. I watch the Bruins. I will be a Bruins fan until the day I die. I watch every game if I'm not at the games, and study this team a lot. I read up on them, belong to a few forums that discuss the Bruins/hockey/etc. I like to think i have a better knowledge about the Bruins than some, and definitely more than fans of OTHER TEAMS.

So with that..... You really think our offense will be fine without Marchand? What if Vatrano isn't as good as we think, and settles into a 3rd line role, which is more likely than him becoming anything higher? Our LW depth becomes thin. Our RW depth is already thin. You want to trade our top goal scorer (and that's not all he does as BF_1990 said above). You want to move him for a defenseman. That's great... Which defensemen are you trading him for? Because for what's supposedly available, Marchand is worth more to the Bruins than those Dman are.
Sep. 4, 2016 at 11:42 a.m.
I completely agree that Sweeny and Neely are the problem. The reason I believe them to be the problem is they have no clue of relative value. Trading guys like Hamilton, Smith and Lucic for lesser players and picks made no sense if they wanted to be a playoff team. If we were rebuilding those are fine trades, but then you also trade Eriksson at the deadline even if the return was only a 2nd round pick and you sure as hell don't give up a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and a prospect who was picked in the 3rd round for 2 guys who aren't difference makers, one of which you didn't even have to foresight to sign for free eventhough you had him in for a tryout at the start of the year. They are basically a couple of spoiled brats who got corrupted by our fluke Stanley Cup while they were on the staff and getting an upclose view of how not to assemble a team by Chiarelli. Chiarelli's deadline was basically one big trade that year. A 1st round pick, a conditional 1st round pick, Joe Colbourne, Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Tomas Kaberle, Rich Peverly and a junk AHLer. Had it been a 3 team trade instead of shipping out Wheeler and Stuart for Peverly , the junk dman and Cap Space to be able to bring in Kaberle, it would rank as one of the worst trades in NHL history. We won despite Chiarelli's epic blunder of moves and the result is several clueless people getting a shot to be GM in the NHL. Hello Don Sweeny, Jeff Gorton, Jim Benning and Peter Chiarelli. Possiblely more already and surely more to come. They are singlehandedly watering down the NHL with impaired decisions. The worst thing that could happen this year is another Stanley Cup obtained by a large margin of luck and despite terrible asset management, because that would mean they would be here to stay for a long time. We could then be looking at finishing in the position I call the Spot of death. Just a game or two from making the playoffs, yet not bad enough to get an impactful rookie with a premium top 5 type draft pick. Things need to change soon.
Sep. 4, 2016 at 6:06 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: okayokayokay
I completely agree that Sweeny and Neely are the problem. The reason I believe them to be the problem is they have no clue of relative value. Trading guys like Hamilton, Smith and Lucic for lesser players and picks made no sense if they wanted to be a playoff team. If we were rebuilding those are fine trades, but then you also trade Eriksson at the deadline even if the return was only a 2nd round pick and you sure as hell don't give up a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and a prospect who was picked in the 3rd round for 2 guys who aren't difference makers, one of which you didn't even have to foresight to sign for free eventhough you had him in for a tryout at the start of the year. They are basically a couple of spoiled brats who got corrupted by our fluke Stanley Cup while they were on the staff and getting an upclose view of how not to assemble a team by Chiarelli. Chiarelli's deadline was basically one big trade that year. A 1st round pick, a conditional 1st round pick, Joe Colbourne, Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart for Tomas Kaberle, Rich Peverly and a junk AHLer. Had it been a 3 team trade instead of shipping out Wheeler and Stuart for Peverly , the junk dman and Cap Space to be able to bring in Kaberle, it would rank as one of the worst trades in NHL history. We won despite Chiarelli's epic blunder of moves and the result is several clueless people getting a shot to be GM in the NHL. Hello Don Sweeny, Jeff Gorton, Jim Benning and Peter Chiarelli. Possiblely more already and surely more to come. They are singlehandedly watering down the NHL with impaired decisions. The worst thing that could happen this year is another Stanley Cup obtained by a large margin of luck and despite terrible asset management, because that would mean they would be here to stay for a long time. We could then be looking at finishing in the position I call the Spot of death. Just a game or two from making the playoffs, yet not bad enough to get an impactful rookie with a premium top 5 type draft pick. Things need to change soon.

I have no energy to rebuttal this horrendous post.

Lawls.... That's all i got to say. Lawls
Sep. 5, 2016 at 2:33 p.m.

Brekel you are basically the only Bruins fan who insists Sweeny is doing an adequate job. The truth is he's bad at what he's doing and likely won't be back after we miss the playoffs again this year. I really question if you know hockey at all because your post's are always more about enjoying the smell of your own farts than sharing logic or factual evidence. Sweeny is terrible and so is the whole Chiarelli tree of GM's. Sweeny's incompetence is even more highlighted by the fact that other Boston teams have great GM's. The Sox, the Celtics and the Patriots have top 10 GM's, while the Bruins have a bottom five type sucker who makes poor decisions continuously. You can go down with Sweeny's ship, but you're going to look like a total chump when he gets fired and you flip opinions on him. Why not get out ahead of the situation? Do you honestly think he's done a job that would rank him among the top 20 GM's in the league? While remembering there are only a total of 30.
Sep. 5, 2016 at 6:06 p.m.
BreKel

Brekel you are basically the only Bruins fan who insists Sweeny is doing an adequate job. The truth is he's bad at what he's doing and likely won't be back after we miss the playoffs again this year. I really question if you know hockey at all because your post's are always more about enjoying the smell of your own farts than sharing logic or factual evidence. Sweeny is terrible and so is the whole Chiarelli tree of GM's. Sweeny's incompetence is even more highlighted by the fact that other Boston teams have great GM's. The Sox, the Celtics and the Patriots have top 10 GM's, while the Bruins have a bottom five type sucker who makes poor decisions continuously. You can go down with Sweeny's ship, but you're going to look like a total chump when he gets fired and you flip opinions on him. Why not get out ahead of the situation? Do you honestly think he's done a job that would rank him among the top 20 GM's in the league? While remembering there are only a total of 30.

Jesus, learn to spell the man's name right..... I will never look like a chump, because I know what i'm talking about.
Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:16 p.m.
Banned
Brekel I think you are the only one who believes in Bostons management. They took a Stanley Cup Winning + runner up team and made it miss the playoffs without HAVING to lose any of the core. Get a clue man.
Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:45 a.m.
I agree a little with both sides of some arguments. Fair enough, I'm no Bruins fan but i watch hockey and study it like it were my job. Its too early to say Sweeney's moves are complete failures but he sure has made enough questionable moves to make me think that even if they do end up panning out, he won't be around when that time comes. I personally don't like a single thing he's done.

Regarding Marchand, I don't think he'll get more than Bergeron in his next deal unless he has a ridiculous year again this year which I'm betting against. Hate to say it but last year was an anomaly. Don't misinterpret that, he's a very good player but his output last year was a blip. He will be hard pressed to match that goal scoring out put any year going forward. With that said, I agree with Brekel, he's a really important player worth resigning even if its for a little more then he probably should get. You'll probably not get fair value for him in return anyway.

Truth is, Boston is stuck in no mans land. Trying to "on the fly rebuild" by trading away the wrong players, while still attempting to make a significant cup run.
Sep. 8, 2016 at 10:48 a.m.
BreKel
Quoting: BruinsForTheWin
Brekel I think you are the only one who believes in Bostons management. They took a Stanley Cup Winning + runner up team and made it miss the playoffs without HAVING to lose any of the core. Get a clue man.

I'm just the only one who knows what they're talking about.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 4:29 p.m.
Banned

It's more like you have no clue. A new GM has around 3 years to prove his worth. Our GM did no better than the previous GM in year one. His gains / losses are about equal this year. We should finish just outside the playoffs again. If we suck again this year he's gone. You can't be given 4 top 100 F's ( Bergy Marchy Krejci Lucic) and 3 top 80 D's ( Chara Seids Krug) plus a top 10 type goalie in Rask and then miss the playoffs. We aren't getting better under dum dum Don and I know you're probably hard for him since he must have played during your prime, but you are grossly impaired if you think either you or he has a freakin clue.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 5:36 p.m.
BreKel
Edited Sep. 20, 2016 at 2:35 a.m. by Jarvis

It's more like you have no clue. A new GM has around 3 years to prove his worth. Our GM did no better than the previous GM in year one. His gains / losses are about equal this year. We should finish just outside the playoffs again. If we suck again this year he's gone. You can't be given 4 top 100 F's ( Bergy Marchy Krejci Lucic) and 3 top 80 D's ( Chara Seids Krug) plus a top 10 type goalie in Rask and then miss the playoffs. We aren't getting better under dum dum Don and I know you're probably hard for him since he must have played during your prime, but you are grossly impaired if you think either you or he has a freakin clue.

They should hire you. You're obviously an intelligent hockey mind who would know how to get the Bruins back on track.

But anyway, I'm 22 years old so Sweeney was at the end of his career by the time I started to follow hockey. I just laugh at the majority of moronic Bruins fans who rant about his moves like they think they have a clue. Sweeney (the correct spelling of his name. I know, it's too hard for a dumb dumb like yourself to comprehend how to actually spell someone's name...Especially when you try and **** on him constantly) has not been perfect, but no GM is. I liked the Hamilton/Lucic trades. The Martin Jones trade as well (I bet you're one of those idiots who blames him for not keeping MJ and trading Rask. It wouldn't shock me). The Beleskey and Backes signings were solid. He rebuilt our brutal prospect pool in 2 years, and we know have a good crop of legit defensive prospects that will be making an impact in 2-3 years. Rinaldo deal? Sucked. Hayes trade? Sucked.... But everyone wanted Reilly Smith gone. It's just the hindsight 20/20 crowd complaining about it. I won't get on him for not moving Eriksson at the TD b/c they were in it. You don't sell when you're in it. They've missed the playoffs by 1 point the last two years. They're closer to a playoff contender than a bottom dweller.I understand that retooling a team takes more than a few months. I'm not a goof Bruins fan with 10 brain cells who has the "I want it now," mentality.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:19 p.m.
Banned

They should hire you. You're obviously an intelligent hockey mind who would know how to get the Bruins back on track.

But anyway, I'm 22 years old so Sweeney was at the end of his career by the time I started to follow hockey. I just laugh at the majority of moronic Bruins fans who rant about his moves like they think they have a clue. Sweeney (the correct spelling of his name. I know, it's too hard for a dumb dumb like yourself to comprehend how to actually spell someone's name...Especially when you try and **** on him constantly) has not been perfect, but no GM is. I liked the Hamilton/Lucic trades. The Martin Jones trade as well (I bet you're one of those idiots who blames him for not keeping MJ and trading Rask. It wouldn't shock me). The Beleskey and Backes signings were solid. He rebuilt our brutal prospect pool in 2 years, and we know have a good crop of legit defensive prospects that will be making an impact in 2-3 years. Rinaldo deal? Sucked. Hayes trade? Sucked.... But everyone wanted Reilly Smith gone. It's just the hindsight 20/20 crowd complaining about it. I won't get on him for not moving Eriksson at the TD b/c they were in it. You don't sell when you're in it. They've missed the playoffs by 1 point the last two years. They're closer to a playoff contender than a bottom dweller.I understand that retooling a team takes more than a few months. I'm not a goof Bruins fan with 10 brain cells who has the "I want it now," mentality.

The majority of you are just morons, to be perfectly blunt. Also, You do realize that most of your posts make you look like a total dumbass, right? Maybe it's the troll in you. I hope so...I hope you're not actually like this in everyday life.
You are so impaired. Beleskey wasn't a good signing you dipshit, he did nothing here and Perron and McGinn looked like all stars for the Ducks. You are an inferior hockey mind. If you are 22 and just got done playing college or a lesser pro level then step up! Fact is you're some nerd who played about High School level and has a superiority complex. Get on my level before you post against me again.... Kissing Sweeney's ass doesn't move you up either.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll