SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Boston Bruins signed Anders Bjork (3 Years / $1,600,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 29, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
They can just use Studnicka as their cheap first and second line guy to play with Krejci. Bruins fans have told me he’s ready
Jul. 29, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Quoting: bhavikp27
Might be time to change your biography if you keep coming with takes like this

You're better off just putting em on the ignore list lol. I did and anytime I see someone quote them I laugh and realize I made the right choice. Case and point, using Cori to grade defense lol. Patrice Bergeron has a 56.3% corsi this year, Torey Krug has a 56.2% corsi....must mean Krug is a defensive stud lol. Chara on the other side had a 46.7% corsi so he must be terrible defensively tears of joy
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 29, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
TAVARES IS A LEAF
He blows. Who cares.
Jul. 29, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
Engvall was overpaid at the time of his signing 35 games into his NHL career.

Lol if Bjork is a top 6 player Boston will be competing with Detroit for the best lottery odds.

Engvall's production is similar (slightly better but less games) to Bjork and he is better defensively.

If you look at advanced statistics Engvall is better.
Jul. 29, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Lol if Bjork is a top 6 player Boston will be competing with Detroit for the best lottery odds.

Engvall's production is similar (slightly better but less games) to Bjork and he is better defensively.

If you look at advanced statistics Engvall is better.

I said Bjork has top6 potential and no, there's no issue playing him in the top6; he just needs more production (points-wise) otherwise he's a complete player.

Engvall plays on the 4th line as I said. Bjork plays on the third line, played more (and more vs elite than Engvall). It's close so I'm not giving the complete edge to one or other (if I look at advanced stats like you said). Even if Engvall did have better stats this year, it will soon change wink
Jul. 29, 2020 at 9:51 p.m.
I said Bjork has top6 potential and no, there's no issue playing him in the top6; he just needs more production (points-wise) otherwise he's a complete player.

Engvall plays on the 4th line as I said. Bjork plays on the third line, played more (and more vs elite than Engvall). It's close so I'm not giving the complete edge to one or other (if I look at advanced stats like you said). Even if Engvall did have better stats this year, it will soon change wink

I said this contract is fair using Engvall as a comparable... You disagreed.

Now you're saying they are "close".

Don't really understand what you're disagreeing about... Both guys have fair deals.
gregb569 and Trickster liked this.
Jul. 29, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
I said this contract is fair using Engvall as a comparable... You disagreed.

Now you're saying they are "close".

Don't really understand what you're disagreeing about... Both guys have fair deals.

Stats-wise, they're comparable. Not comparing contracts since they have different role and style.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
one as young as he is is. He has no ability to test a market. Nothing.
You can keep justifying it all you want. They just over paid for him. He's not even that good.
Your knows how to play defense is pure BS too. He's not even a 50% corsi, He has 30 minutes of PK time all year.
You make it out like he does something. He doesn't do ****.

you clearly havent watched him play. Shut the f*ck up and stop acting like someone who knows everything
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Banned
Might be time to change your biography if you keep coming with takes like this

that it all you got when I just destroyed your false tales with facts.

Thanks for playing.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:08 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: shmoeman
you clearly havent watched him play. Shut the f*ck up and stop acting like someone who knows everything

you need a tissue?
You seem to have a hard time dealing with facts.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
you need a tissue?
You seem to have a hard time dealing with facts.

Nah Im good man, you're clearly dense so ill just come back to you in a year (or even after the playoffs) and youll eat your words
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:16 a.m.
Banned
Nah Im good man, you're clearly dense so ill just come back to you in a year (or even after the playoffs) and youll eat your words

Yeah sure thing. You let me know when your defensive stud puts in some PK time.
Or can manage to get the puck back for his team so he's not out on the ice with a below 50% corsi.
PS if you want to know what a player who knows how to play defense looks like. Tends to be like this.
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/t/tanevbr01-advanced-5on5.html

38% Ozone starts. still has a 50% corsi.

Bjork is little more than a average 4th liner who you paid way to much for. Teams all across the league have guys in their AHL clubs who can come in and get the level of play.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:21 a.m.
Yeah sure thing. You let me know when your defensive stud puts in some PK time.
Or can manage to get the puck back for his team so he's not out on the ice with a below 50% corsi.
PS if you want to know what a player who knows how to play defense looks like. Tends to be like this.
https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/t/tanevbr01-advanced-5on5.html

38% Ozone starts. still has a 50% corsi.

Bjork is little more than a average 4th liner who you paid way to much for. Teams all across the league have guys in their AHL clubs who can come in and get the level of play.

k, not sure youre putting in so much effort to sh*t on a dude that doesnt play for your team. Ever bruin fan that watches hockey knows this will be a good deal, just wait bud
bhavikp27 liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 12:35 a.m.
Banned
k, not sure youre putting in so much effort to sh*t on a dude that doesnt play for your team. Ever bruin fan that watches hockey knows this will be a good deal, just wait bud

yeah yeah yeah.... you just let me know what evidence you have other than the old "you've never seen him play" as if you are the only one who watches hockey.

Homer
Jul. 30, 2020 at 5:34 a.m.
gregb569
Edited Jul. 30, 2020 at 5:39 a.m.
He isn't a 4th liner but good 4th liners get up to $2,75M nowadays; Bjork is good all-around, just doesn't have the point total to show for it so very likely $1,6M is a really good deal by the end of the next year.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 5:39 a.m.
gregb569
Jul. 30, 2020 at 8:50 a.m.
is everyone really saying 1.6m is an OVERPAY... he got a 700k raise from an elc. hes making slightly more than chris wagner. its 1.6m for 3 years... who cares? its not like they gave him a danton heinen contract of close to 3m when he just wasnt worth it. ide say this is fine regardless. solid depth signing.

Also for everyone that keeps harping on the seattle could take him bandwagon... dont forget krejci is up next year, could easily make a 1 year deal happen with torey krug so he can resign here post expansion draft. theres workarounds. go into 21 offseason and using 7-3-1 pick bergeron, coyle, marchand, pastrnak, debrusk, bjork, kase (could even try and trade them kase if he doesnt really fit here next year...) grz, carlo, mcavoy, and rask. if they pick krejci or krug they are ufa and could just be like nah im all set. their options then become kuraly (could be kept over kase if kase doesnt fit...), lauzon, frederic (could also be kept over kase if kase doesnt fit the team), senyshyn, kuhlman, JFK, clifton, zboril, john moore. Likely in that order. ide bet bruins make some sort of deal though.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 8:50 a.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
They can just use Studnicka as their cheap first and second line guy to play with Krejci. Bruins fans have told me he’s ready

we will see in the exhibition today.
Remus liked this.
Jul. 30, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: hanson493
we will see in the exhibition today.

indeed
hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation