Published: Aug. 1, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,227,436
2$950,000
2$2,100,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cernak, Erik$4,227,436
2021 2nd round pick
Trades
MTL
  1. Roslovic, Jack [RFA Rights]
  2. Samberg, Dylan
  3. Vesalainen, Kristian
  4. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
  5. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Winnipeg get a 2C and 2RHD.

Montreal get a LHD prospect with top-pair upside; a good forward prospect; a young 3rd liner; and a 1st + 2nd.
WPG
  1. Domi, Max [RFA Rights]
  2. Petry, Jeff ($2,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Domi = Samberg + 1st
Petry = Vesalainen + Roslovic
Retention $2.75m x 1 year = 2021 2nd
MTL
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (DET)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (VGK)
Additional Details:
To someone for picks.
DET
  1. Mete, Victor [RFA Rights]
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,304,578$0$5,007,500$13,195,422
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,227,436$4,227,436
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$763,333$763,333
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 1, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Nick
Remove Roslovic as he doesn’t even have a spot in the lineup and replace Samberg with Heinola and a lesser prospect and a pick.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Quoting: DriveFor25
Remove Roslovic as he doesn’t even have a spot in the lineup and replace Samberg with Heinola and a lesser prospect and a pick.

Winnipeg definitely rejects that then
Aug. 1, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.

You aren’t getting Heinola. As soon as a team adds him in the trade the jets decline.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
Nick
Quoting: NixJets
You aren’t getting Heinola. As soon as a team adds him in the trade the jets decline.

gotta give to get. In terms of trade value it’s pretty fair.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
John 3 16

Ah I forgot to sign Roslovic. I've added him now.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:07 a.m.
Red Wing Nut
Wings might just have a fit here..interesting
Richard88 liked this.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
gotta give to get. In terms of trade value it’s pretty fair.

I don’t think you understand how good of a prospect Heinola is
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:18 a.m.
MisstheWhalers

I don't think you understand how desperate the need is for a 2nd line center is for the Jets.
SlafCaufZuki and bunzy1034 liked this.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
Nick

He’s good that’s why I want MTL to acquire him but WOG won’t fix their 2C problem without trading him, a first or vesalainen
Aug. 1, 2020 at 12:24 p.m.

No such thing as "un-tradable". We get what you mean, but if a young all-star is being offered (not in this case obv but hypothetically speaking) than "un-tradable" is not true is it?
Aug. 1, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
Domi is not worth Samberg and the 2020 1st which should be top 20 imo. Nor is he worth heinola and the 2020 1st (I know you didn’t do that here but had to be said). Lower one of em. I honestly wouldnt trade Samberg or heinola right now. In fact, if we can get cirelli this offseason, I wouldn’t even go after domi. He won’t demand the overpay that domi does and he’s better.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
Domi is not worth Samberg and the 2020 1st which should be top 20 imo. Nor is he worth heinola and the 2020 1st (I know you didn’t do that here but had to be said). Lower one of em. I honestly wouldnt trade Samberg or heinola right now. In fact, if we can get cirelli this offseason, I wouldn’t even go after domi. He won’t demand the overpay that domi does and he’s better.

I really don't think Tampa is going to move Cirelli to solve their cap issues though, I think he's an unrealistic 2C for the Jets or any team so if it requires a slight overpay for Domi then so be it and really with Morrissey here long term and both Heinola and Samberg being hopefully top 4 dmen then one of them is expendable and sorry neither of them is getting a return better then Domi, if I thought Little was returning then I'd maybe see it otherwise but with him being very likely going on LTIR they can't waste anymore time on Copp, Eakin or anyone else.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I really don't think Tampa is going to move Cirelli to solve their cap issues though, I think he's an unrealistic 2C for the Jets or any team so if it requires a slight overpay for Domi then so be it and really with Morrissey here long term and both Heinola and Samberg being hopefully top 4 dmen then one of them is expendable and sorry neither of them is getting a return better then Domi, if I thought Little was returning then I'd maybe see it otherwise but with him being very likely going on LTIR they can't waste anymore time on Copp, Eakin or anyone else.

I’m not sure if you have seen Tampa’s cap situation but they basically can’t keep both sergachev and Cirelli without having someone waive their ntc. In fact, them might not be able to keep both. Therefore, I think Cirelli is more expendable tbh than sergachev for them. Therefore, I think that if the jets can give them enough value to rival an offersheet they can’t match, they make the trade.

As for having only one of Samberg and heinola become top 4 for the jets, I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think heinola can play on the right side long term. If not, we can enjoy one of their elc’s and then move them for solid pieces after raising their value, rather than moving them for a player that I think they will both be better than. Add in that 2020 1st and that’s 2 players that have a good chance of being better than the guy we then for

As a side note, I think little will be back when the 2020-2021 season starts.
Aug. 1, 2020 at 11:56 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I’m not sure if you have seen Tampa’s cap situation but they basically can’t keep both sergachev and Cirelli without having someone waive their ntc. In fact, them might not be able to keep both. Therefore, I think Cirelli is more expendable tbh than sergachev for them. Therefore, I think that if the jets can give them enough value to rival an offersheet they can’t match, they make the trade.

As for having only one of Samberg and heinola become top 4 for the jets, I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think heinola can play on the right side long term. If not, we can enjoy one of their elc’s and then move them for solid pieces after raising their value, rather than moving them for a player that I think they will both be better than. Add in that 2020 1st and that’s 2 players that have a good chance of being better than the guy we then for

As a side note, I think little will be back when the 2020-2021 season starts.

Is the Scheifele injury and watching the Jets runty defensemen getting pounded into the ice making you reconsider your opinions??.. Lol
Richard88 liked this.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 12:49 a.m.
Is the Scheifele injury and watching the Jets runty defensemen getting pounded into the ice making you reconsider your opinions??.. Lol

Nope. Scheifele injury is bad but we are also missing little so it hurts more. Wheeler isn’t necessarily doing bad in that spot, just not a whole lot of good either. I’m not paying that much for domi.

The jets d has been a sore spot all season so nothing new. Having both heinola and Samberg long term will only help.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 1:13 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Nope. Scheifele injury is bad but we are also missing little so it hurts more. Wheeler isn’t necessarily doing bad in that spot, just not a whole lot of good either. I’m not paying that much for domi.

The jets d has been a sore spot all season so nothing new. Having both heinola and Samberg long term will only help.

Scheifele is 27 and Wheeler is soon to be 34, they really don't have time to waste to develop their 2020 1st round pick into a 2C, unless they trade one of the wingers they really don't have another option but if you trade one of them they need to be replaced which I'm sorry I don't see any of the in house options as feasible replacements for any of the Jets current top 6 wingers.

Seriously watching the Jets tiny defensemen getting pounded into the ice and you think adding Heinola to this group is the answer?.. Lol.. Samberg is at least big I'll give him that, yeah I know Heinola was pretty good at evading pressure but that was the start of the season, playoff hockey is a different animal.

Calgary is doing exactly what I worried they'd do, they're pounding the Jets into oblivion especially our small D core, we have no answer for the likes of Bennett, Tkachuk, Lucic and they even dressed Rinaldo, imagine if they had Jankowski in the lineup too... Lol
Aug. 2, 2020 at 1:23 a.m.
Edited Aug. 2, 2020 at 1:34 a.m.
Scheifele is 27 and Wheeler is soon to be 34, they really don't have time to waste to develop their 2020 1st round pick into a 2C, unless they trade one of the wingers they really don't have another option but if you trade one of them they need to be replaced which I'm sorry I don't see any of the in house options as feasible replacements for any of the Jets current top 6 wingers.

Seriously watching the Jets tiny defensemen getting pounded into the ice and you think adding Heinola to this group is the answer?.. Lol.. Samberg is at least big I'll give him that, yeah I know Heinola was pretty good at evading pressure but that was the start of the season, playoff hockey is a different animal.

Calgary is doing exactly what I worried they'd do, they're pounding the Jets into oblivion especially our small D core, we have no answer for the likes of Bennett, Tkachuk, Lucic and they even dressed Rinaldo, imagine if they had Jankowski in the lineup too... Lol

I honestly don’t think the jets d is getting pounded physically as much as they are making bad passes/plays. That was one of the worst games I have seen the jets play all season. Both injuries were unrelated to hockey physicality. Giordano was mad which is why he slashed laine (should be disciplined imo) and scheifele lost his balance (with a little help from the tkachuk I hate).

The jets d is small right now I know, but pionk, morrissey, and demelo don’t play small while Samberg should add a lot of physicality. That makes for a better game. I know it’s not the same as having trouba and big buff, but it’s still a mean d -core. Add in heinola’s puck moving and Niku’s puck moving and aggressive play and it could be better than it looks on paper

I’m not saying they should waste time developing that pick, but they shouldn't be trading high end, nhl ready prospects. I’m okay with chevy moving the 2020 1st if it lands us a 2c. But he shouldn’t be moving heinola or Samberg or even gawanke (since the jets are thin at rd prospects). Other than that, I’m okay with the jets trading any prospects. What I’m trying to say is that you don’t trade 2 peices who are very like to be as good, if not better, than the 1 piece you are getting. That’s a recipe for failure and no team does that. 2020 1st and a guy like Chisholm? Sure I don’t mind. Just not both one of heinola or Samberg and the 1st.

Honestly, since the return to play, Roslovic and demelo have looked like our best players. Poolman has been very impressive too but he takes a lot of penalties (though most of that could just be because it’s his first season). Kulikov has had a good series so far. He’s jumping into the play, moving the puck well, and defending well. In fact, it’s his partner pionk that has been more inconsistent. Morrissey has been a little worse that expected but he’s getting better. Wheeler has looked bad. Like this time being tired isn’t an excuse. He just isn’t putting in the effort he normally does. Scheifele and Connor are trying to do too much and so is laine a bit. And well, hellebuyck is hellebuyck. I remember last year I had a conversation with you, or another jets fan, about hellebuyck. You had doubts I think about whether or not he was worth his contract and if he had a high enough compete level to be a star and I said he just need rest. So glad I was right! He has truly been incredible. Sorry I got off topic with that last paragraph, but just wanted to say what was on my mind
Aug. 2, 2020 at 2:07 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I honestly don’t think the jets d is getting pounded physically as much as they are making bad passes/plays. That was one of the worst games I have seen the jets play all season. Both injuries were unrelated to hockey physicality. Giordano was mad which is why he slashed laine (should be disciplined imo) and scheifele lost his balance (with a little help from the tkachuk I hate).

The jets d is small right now I know, but pionk, morrissey, and demelo don’t play small while Samberg should add a lot of physicality. That makes for a better game. I know it’s not the same as having trouba and big buff, but it’s still a mean d -core. Add in heinola’s puck moving and Niku’s puck moving and aggressive play and it could be better than it looks on paper

I’m not saying they should waste time developing that pick, but they shouldn't be trading high end, nhl ready prospects. I’m okay with chevy moving the 2020 1st if it lands us a 2c. But he shouldn’t be moving heinola or Samberg or even gawanke (since the jets are thin at rd prospects). Other than that, I’m okay with the jets trading any prospects. What I’m trying to say is that you don’t trade 2 peices who are very like to be as good, if not better, than the 1 piece you are getting. That’s a recipe for failure and no team does that. 2020 1st and a guy like Chisholm? Sure I don’t mind. Just not both one of heinola or Samberg and the 1st.

Honestly, since the return to play, Roslovic and demelo have looked like our best players. Poolman has been very impressive too but he takes a lot of penalties (though most of that could just be because it’s his first season). Kulikov has had a good series so far. He’s jumping into the play, moving the puck well, and defending well. In fact, it’s his partner pionk that has been more inconsistent. Morrissey has been a little worse that expected but he’s getting better. Wheeler has looked bad. Like this time being tired isn’t an excuse. He just isn’t putting in the effort he normally does. Scheifele and Connor are trying to do too much and so is laine a bit. And well, hellebuyck is hellebuyck. I remember last year I had a conversation with you, or another jets fan, about hellebuyck. You had doubts I think about whether or not he was worth his contract and if he had a high enough compete level to be a star and I said he just need rest. So glad I was right! He has truly been incredible. Sorry I got off topic with that last paragraph, but just wanted to say what was on my mind

But the 2020 1st and Chisholm or some other
B-prospect don't get you what you need, like they just don't so to me it's **** or get off the pot, do you(not actually you,the Jets organization/management..lol) want to compete or just keep "drafting and developing" until you've finally compiled a complete team that can actually compete? Newsflash Chevy, that's NEVER gonna work.

Idk man, it's one thing to have one or two smallish dmen but to have like 4 or 5 is just never going to work. Yeah Pionk, Morrissey and DeMelo are okay but they are on the smaller side, they were getting run over a lot which is why they're making the bad plays/passes you're seeing.

I used to debate with some Jets fan on here about size and I gotta say whoever that was was right and I was wrong, this team is just way too small and isn't built to win a long cup run.

For me this isn't some overreaction to a bad game, it's just a reminder that this team isn't built for playoff hockey, it needs a major overhaul including in its coaching staff and the guy who has dayoff in his name probably isn't the guy to make all that happen.

I don't want to talk about Helly.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.
But the 2020 1st and Chisholm or some other
B-prospect don't get you what you need, like they just don't so to me it's **** or get off the pot, do you(not actually you,the Jets organization/management..lol) want to compete or just keep "drafting and developing" until you've finally compiled a complete team that can actually compete? Newsflash Chevy, that's NEVER gonna work.

Idk man, it's one thing to have one or two smallish dmen but to have like 4 or 5 is just never going to work. Yeah Pionk, Morrissey and DeMelo are okay but they are on the smaller side, they were getting run over a lot which is why they're making the bad plays/passes you're seeing.

I used to debate with some Jets fan on here about size and I gotta say whoever that was was right and I was wrong, this team is just way too small and isn't built to win a long cup run.

For me this isn't some overreaction to a bad game, it's just a reminder that this team isn't built for playoff hockey, it needs a major overhaul including in its coaching staff and the guy who has dayoff in his name probably isn't the guy to make all that happen.

I don't want to talk about Helly.

I think that a 2020 1st and Chisholm should be enough for domi. For all we know he is a 55-65pt c. We can’t value him at the one 72 pt season he has had. The 2020 draft is very deep and that pick should be top 15. Add in chisholm (who imo will be a top 4 dman) and maybe a 3rd and that should close it. Look at the miller trade for example, and miller was signed long term. If anything, the 2020 1st, chisholm, and a 3rd is a slight overpayment since domi isn’t signed long term. That’s much better since the jets are getting the best player, but the canadiens can draft one even better in the long run. Works for both imo. I’m not saying I’m not willing to move prospects. Just not the 2 nhl ready prospects that are heinola and Samberg. You do not trade high end nhl ready prospects if you are trying to contend. You use their elc’s. If the jets use their elc, it saves them between 5-10M on the cap since they don’t have to go out and get top 4 defensemen in the future. I know you have to make trades to contend and I’m not against that. But trading nhl ready prospects that help you contend potentially more than the asset you are getting isn’t smart. However, I also think chevy has done a good job so far (except for moving down the 2017 draft to protect enstrom and Dano in the expansion, but I’m not going to go into that). He has always gotten something to help the team. He filled the 2c hole (only hole on the team) the past 2 seasons, and then this season he didn’t overpay since the jets were a bubble team but still went out and got pieces.

Look back to the games before the break. The jets d wasn’t as bad as they were yesterday. Like they were awful yesterday. Yes they are small but they don’t play small. That’s the big difference. I don’t think the reason they were getting run over last night was because they were small, it was because they were listless. They didn’t make their passes because they were listless. They were playing very well when scheifele was in the game but that injury took something out of the club. If anything, they aren’t built for playoff hockey if one injury takes the team mentally out of the game. Imo they are built just fine. A little more size on the blue line would be nice (maybe next to morrissey) but demelo has fit so well that unless he doesn’t want to stay or demands too much, he is staying.

Long term I see the pairings being:
Morrissey-demelo
Samberg-pionk
Heinola-gawanke/poolman
Honestly, if we can just get one bigger player for morrissey, that’s enough. I would like hamonic but tbh, I don’t think that signing will be too good long term. However, if we don’t get one, imo it’s not that bad either.

Having size on the backend is nice, but it’s not crucial imo if you have bigger forwards which the jest do. It’s not that big of an issue when the jets are playing well. However they weren’t last night so...

However, I agree this team isn’t built for playoffs. It needs a true 2c and a 2LD to contend, but they weren’t also trying to contend this year. Last year they were, and they could have beat the blues, but they just didn’t show up a lot of the time. Last year was our best shot at a cup that we will have for years imo.

A change needs to happen though. It starts with the coaching staff. Maurice has an extension (and he isn’t as bad as most say) but his assistants are. Maurice’s systems are a little dated but are very good when the players buy in. It’s the assistants’ job to get the players to buy in. Too bad the only good assistant coach in WPG is gone now.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
John 3 16

Guessing Winnipeg would be more keen on Zadorov now. He was a huge factor against Calgary last year and manhandled Tkachuk in particular.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
Quoting: Richard88
Guessing Winnipeg would be more keen on Zadorov now. He was a huge factor against Calgary last year and manhandled Tkachuk in particular.

Still not for the preposterous price of a 1st. Like I don’t understand how someone can even value him at that. I would be willing to do a 2021 2nd and a prospect like Stanley though. I always have. But the avs apparently won’t move him within the division.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 10:26 p.m.
John 3 16
Still not for the preposterous price of a 1st. Like I don’t understand how someone can even value him at that. I would be willing to do a 2021 2nd and a prospect like Stanley though. I always have. But the avs apparently won’t move him within the division.

Who said Zadorov is worth a 1st?

Stanley has no value to Colorado because he's a poor skater. Avs can do better than WIN 2021 2nd + Stanley. It would take more for Winnipeg to get him within the division.
Aug. 2, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
Who said Zadorov is worth a 1st?

Stanley has no value to Colorado because he's a poor skater. Avs can do better than WIN 2021 2nd + Stanley. It would take more for Winnipeg to get him within the division.

Stanley is a lock to be an nhl d-man and he isn’t a poor skater. He’s just below average and he is getting much better every offseason. He will make the nhl, the question is that if it’s as a 7th d, 3rd pairing d, or top 4

He has a very good shot and has good top end speed. It’s just the pivots that hurt him and as I said before, he has come miles from his draft year. I wouldn’t really pay much more for him. A 2nd and a b prospect (not b+). Otherwise there are other options like edmundson and dillon
Aug. 3, 2020 at 8:39 a.m.
John 3 16
Stanley is a lock to be an nhl d-man and he isn’t a poor skater. He’s just below average and he is getting much better every offseason. He will make the nhl, the question is that if it’s as a 7th d, 3rd pairing d, or top 4

He has a very good shot and has good top end speed. It’s just the pivots that hurt him and as I said before, he has come miles from his draft year. I wouldn’t really pay much more for him. A 2nd and a b prospect (not b+). Otherwise there are other options like edmundson and dillon

A Dman that projects as a possible replacement level 7D isn't what you'd call a "lock" to be an NHL Dman.

The market for LHD's this offseason will be pretty good so if you wanted to go that route you could probably land someone decent, but Winnipeg isn't exactly a hot destination for free agents so you likely won't be the first choice of most of the better FA's and may have to overpay a bit in term and AAV.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
MisstheWhalers

I've always been a big fan of Zadorov, would love to have him on the Jets and he's exactly what they need.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll