Published: Aug. 1, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,227,436
2$950,000
2$2,100,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cernak, Erik$4,227,436
2021 2nd round pick
Trades
MTL
  1. Roslovic, Jack [RFA Rights]
  2. Samberg, Dylan
  3. Vesalainen, Kristian
  4. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
  5. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Winnipeg get a 2C and 2RHD.

Montreal get a LHD prospect with top-pair upside; a good forward prospect; a young 3rd liner; and a 1st + 2nd.
WPG
  1. Domi, Max [RFA Rights]
  2. Petry, Jeff ($2,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Domi = Samberg + 1st
Petry = Vesalainen + Roslovic
Retention $2.75m x 1 year = 2021 2nd
MTL
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (DET)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (VGK)
Additional Details:
To someone for picks.
DET
  1. Mete, Victor [RFA Rights]
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,304,578$0$5,007,500$13,195,422
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,227,436$4,227,436
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$763,333$763,333
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 3, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Richard88
Guessing Winnipeg would be more keen on Zadorov now. He was a huge factor against Calgary last year and manhandled Tkachuk in particular.

I've always been a big fan of Zadorov, would love to have him on the Jets and he's exactly what they need.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 11:31 a.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I've always been a big fan of Zadorov, would love to have him on the Jets and he's exactly what they need.

What would you be willing to offer in a trade for Zadorov?
Aug. 3, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
I think that a 2020 1st and Chisholm should be enough for domi. For all we know he is a 55-65pt c. We can’t value him at the one 72 pt season he has had. The 2020 draft is very deep and that pick should be top 15. Add in chisholm (who imo will be a top 4 dman) and maybe a 3rd and that should close it. Look at the miller trade for example, and miller was signed long term. If anything, the 2020 1st, chisholm, and a 3rd is a slight overpayment since domi isn’t signed long term. That’s much better since the jets are getting the best player, but the canadiens can draft one even better in the long run. Works for both imo. I’m not saying I’m not willing to move prospects. Just not the 2 nhl ready prospects that are heinola and Samberg. You do not trade high end nhl ready prospects if you are trying to contend. You use their elc’s. If the jets use their elc, it saves them between 5-10M on the cap since they don’t have to go out and get top 4 defensemen in the future. I know you have to make trades to contend and I’m not against that. But trading nhl ready prospects that help you contend potentially more than the asset you are getting isn’t smart. However, I also think chevy has done a good job so far (except for moving down the 2017 draft to protect enstrom and Dano in the expansion, but I’m not going to go into that). He has always gotten something to help the team. He filled the 2c hole (only hole on the team) the past 2 seasons, and then this season he didn’t overpay since the jets were a bubble team but still went out and got pieces.

Look back to the games before the break. The jets d wasn’t as bad as they were yesterday. Like they were awful yesterday. Yes they are small but they don’t play small. That’s the big difference. I don’t think the reason they were getting run over last night was because they were small, it was because they were listless. They didn’t make their passes because they were listless. They were playing very well when scheifele was in the game but that injury took something out of the club. If anything, they aren’t built for playoff hockey if one injury takes the team mentally out of the game. Imo they are built just fine. A little more size on the blue line would be nice (maybe next to morrissey) but demelo has fit so well that unless he doesn’t want to stay or demands too much, he is staying.

Long term I see the pairings being:
Morrissey-demelo
Samberg-pionk
Heinola-gawanke/poolman
Honestly, if we can just get one bigger player for morrissey, that’s enough. I would like hamonic but tbh, I don’t think that signing will be too good long term. However, if we don’t get one, imo it’s not that bad either.

Having size on the backend is nice, but it’s not crucial imo if you have bigger forwards which the jest do. It’s not that big of an issue when the jets are playing well. However they weren’t last night so...

However, I agree this team isn’t built for playoffs. It needs a true 2c and a 2LD to contend, but they weren’t also trying to contend this year. Last year they were, and they could have beat the blues, but they just didn’t show up a lot of the time. Last year was our best shot at a cup that we will have for years imo.

A change needs to happen though. It starts with the coaching staff. Maurice has an extension (and he isn’t as bad as most say) but his assistants are. Maurice’s systems are a little dated but are very good when the players buy in. It’s the assistants’ job to get the players to buy in. Too bad the only good assistant coach in WPG is gone now.

Tampa was in a cap crunch though, the Habs aren't so there's the difference and I was one of the few people on the planet that was saying that was a great move by Vancouver and I'd wish the Jets had done it!
I just see Domi as the only realistic 2C option, if there's someone else name him cause I'm not seeing who it is and I'm beyond sick of seeing assets thrown away for rentals/short term help.

I just see time time ticking away fast on this group, Scheifele isn't young anymore and Wheeler is turning 34 soon, yeah those ELC'S help but they're probably not helping for another couple years and by then Scheifele is 29/30 and the debate is: "Should they extend Scheifele and what's his contract going to be or should they trade him" and Wheeler will be 36 and will have another two years at $8.25M.

Idk I think there's some deserved criticism for Chevy, the biggest was hanging onto Trouba for WAY TOO LONG till his value was virtually nothing, if he trades Trouba sooner he gets a better return and we're likely having a different discussion today.
The Stastny trade was okay BUT that 1st round pick turned into Sandin for the Leafs, how freaking good would he look in a Jets jersey right now?!!
The Hayes trade flat out sucked for the Jets, big overpay and you just knew Hayes wasn't signing here, northeast US guys really want to play in that region, they really don't want to play in Western Canada especially Winnipeg, I wasn't super high on Lemieux but no way should he of just been tossed into that trade. The very uneccessary Mason dump trade where we lost the best 3rd line RW in the league for one year of cap space still really pisses me off and man oh man would big 6'3" Armia look good on this small team right now.
Also I made a thread on here awhile back about all the small trades that happened this season that I thought Chevy should of been in on, his lack of tinkering around the edges of this group is very frustrating, being the waiver wire king isn't the way to build a winning organization.. Lol.. though to be fair I did like the waiver claims this season, really would of liked to see Namestnikov and/or Scandella acquired for 4th's or a 5th sent for Stephenson, some minor changes/additions could have a positive impact on this group, there hasn't been enough competition for jobs on this team imo, he's just too risk averse of a GM.

Sorry I just don't agree, you need size on the backend and the Jets don't really have size upfront, they have many smallish forwards and their only really big forward is a dull hockey player that doesn't contribute on the scoresheet enough for the ice time he gets.
That D core you have assembled in the future just looks way too small imo, that's 4 of 6 dmen at 6'/195 lbs. or less, they'll just get pushed around come playoffs if they can even make the playoffs. Also I liked the Demelo pickup but the more I watch of him he's pretty slow footed, I think he'd be fine on a 2nd pair with a mobile LHD but he's not top pair material on any kind of contender imo.

Last season's team was a team built to contend but it was obviously a train wreck in the room for some reason, Chevy shouldn't of been adding to it, he should of started the retool at the 2019 TDL and started selling off pieces but like I said he's too risk averse.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 12:42 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
What would you be willing to offer in a trade for Zadorov?

I really don't know at this point, we've had this discussion before as it likely takes an overpay for an in division trade and your Avs are so well built they really don't need anything the Jets have. Also a guy like Roslovic is considered expendable by many Jets fans but he's kind of useless to the Avs and he's the closest player we have that might have 2C potential so trading him already probably isn't a good idea.
As much as I'd like Zadorov there likely just isn't a trade happening between these two teams, the only way I see Zadorov becoming a Jet is if Chevy plays some dirty pool and gets someone else to acquire him and then trades for him from that other team but the guy with dayoff in his name is far too risk averse to do something like that.. 😂
Aug. 3, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I really don't know at this point, we've had this discussion before as it likely takes an overpay for an in division trade and your Avs are so well built they really don't need anything the Jets have. Also a guy like Roslovic is considered expendable by many Jets fans but he's kind of useless to the Avs and he's the closest player we have that might have 2C potential so trading him already probably isn't a good idea.
As much as I'd like Zadorov there likely just isn't a trade happening between these two teams, the only way I see Zadorov becoming a Jet is if Chevy plays some dirty pool and gets someone else to acquire him and then trades for him from that other team but the guy with dayoff in his name is far too risk averse to do something like that.. 😂

If Winnipeg's 1st ends up in the late teens or early 20's then a swap of 1sts with Colorado (eg. #20 for #31) + 2nd/3rd for Zadorov could be a decent deal for both sides.

Alternatively 2 2nd's. Maybe a pick + prospect (eg. 3rd + Vesalainen) or straight swap for Samberg could work.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 1:35 p.m.
A Dman that projects as a possible replacement level 7D isn't what you'd call a "lock" to be an NHL Dman.

The market for LHD's this offseason will be pretty good so if you wanted to go that route you could probably land someone decent, but Winnipeg isn't exactly a hot destination for free agents so you likely won't be the first choice of most of the better FA's and may have to overpay a bit in term and AAV.

Edmundson is from Manitoba so he seems like a strong possibility. I said he is a lock to make the nhl. Just don’t know in what capacity
Aug. 3, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
John 3 16
Quoting: arafay
Edmundson is from Manitoba so he seems like a strong possibility. I said he is a lock to make the nhl. Just don’t know in what capacity

Someone who might top out as a 7D isn't a "lock". He could easily just be a bubble/AHL depth Dman at best.
Aug. 3, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Someone who might top out as a 7D isn't a "lock". He could easily just be a bubble/AHL depth Dman at best.

Realistically, he will be a regular. But depnding in depth at the nhl level, he could be 7th d. Like forbort for the flames or fleury for the canes. He won’t “top out” as a 7th d but he will be an nhl defensemen. What I’m trying to say is that he will make the nhl, just when and in what capacity is to be determined.
Richard88 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll