SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Seattle

Aug. 4, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Stupid early to have this conversation, but using the current roster and not allowing any side deals with Seattle or players ("Brodin and Foligno agree to sign extensions after the draft"), how would you handle the expansion draft with the Wild's current roster?

I'd go 8 skaters and protect the following:
Parise (NMC)
Suter (NMC)
Spurgeon (NMC)
Zuccarello (NMC...ugh...)
Fiala
Erickson Ek
Brodin
Dumba

Kahkonen for the protected goalie.
mnwild1790 and TanSor liked this.
Aug. 4, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: JayTea
Stupid early to have this conversation, but using the current roster and not allowing any side deals with Seattle or players ("Brodin and Foligno agree to sign extensions after the draft"), how would you handle the expansion draft with the Wild's current roster?

I'd go 8 skaters and protect the following:
Parise (NMC)
Suter (NMC)
Spurgeon (NMC)
Zuccarello (NMC...ugh...)
Fiala
Erickson Ek
Brodin
Dumba

Kahkonen for the protected goalie.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I agree. I'm more worried about losing either Dumba or Brodin than I am losing Greenway, Kunin, etc. This seems more logical to make sure we don't lose either one of them. The other option is to trade with Seattle like we did Vegas to assure they don't take anyone we care to keep long term...but that might be a hefty price to pay.
TanSor liked this.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
7-3-1. Brodin doesn't need protection because he'll be a UFA. In an ideal scenario (very unlikely) Zucc and Spurgeon waive their NMCs.

Parise, Zucc, JEE, Fiala, Kunin, Cirelli (or whoever they get as a center), Greenway
Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba
goalie KK

If Brodin is re-signed for term before the draft expose/trade Dumba (and just left him go, no Tuch type of deal this time).
TanSor liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll