SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Well...

Aug. 4, 2020 at 10:44 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
It's done, we lost, our young team that wasn't supposed to be near the playoffs this year lost in 3 to the CAR Hurricanes.

Before I give you the chance to laugh at me Canes fans let me talk a bit about my team.

We learned a lot of lesson this year, everyone progressed, from the opening faceoff of the first game we played in OCT to tonight's game. Fox established himself as one of the brightest young defensive stars in the league, ADA has became a PP quarterback, Lindgren established himself has the perfect partner for the aforementioned Fox, Chytil has shown a tremendous top 6 upside (he'll HAVE to get more ice time next year tho, which is why I keep trading away Strome, Kakko esatblished himself as perhaps the best rookie from the 2019 draft class, Georgiev has played amazing before Shesty showed up, speaking of which, Shesty is a BEAST and will be our starter for years to come. Panarin was everything we hoped be would be and more, Buchnevich really improved his overall game and Zibanejad really established himself as a top 5 goal scorer in the league and has one of the best centers in the whole league.

Now, CAR fans, it's no surprise that I predicted a series that would go in 5. My mind told me CAR would defeat us because of their experience from last year and because of their defensive structure, yet I had a strange gut feeling that told me we were gonna win. That gut feeling did ignore something important: the fact that hockey stopped for 4 months. If we faced CAR on the amazing streak we were on, I'm 90% sure we beat you, but not after a 4 month break.

So congrats guys, laugh at us if you want, you have a great team for now and a team that will be elite for years to come. Good luck for the rest of the way, you deserved the sweep. No shame in losing to you guys. As I said, I didn't expect my Rags to make it to the NHL this year (after all 11 players made their playoff debut for us in this play in scenario), so playing against you was only a bonus, the cherry on top of the cake. I'm sure our kids will have learn a lot from you, from your work ethic (especially from guys like Geekie, Staal, Martinook, Foeggle, McGinn, basically your bottom 6 lol) to our amazing defensive structure.
Aug. 4, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Brooks hates Shatty
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
If we faced CAR on the amazing streak we were on, I'm 90% sure we beat you, but not after a 4 month break.

Based on what... that we lost 5 of the last 7 before the pandemic, Kreider was injured and we had the hardest schedule left of any team not in the playoffs. We weren't making the playoffs and even if the season didn't stop, somehow we got in the playoffs not sure how you had the Rangers beating the Canes. Regular season series mean absolutely nothing.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll