SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Lafreniere to New York

Lafreniere to New York

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Published: Aug. 5, 2020 at 2:08 a.m.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 6:05 a.m.
I really hope they trade down to 3OA to select Byfield. The Rangers desperately need a center, not another winger.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:07 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: tormundgiantsbane
I really hope they trade down to 3OA to select Byfield. The Rangers desperately need a center, not another winger.

Do me a favor, even though I agree we need a C, bad. Watch 10 minutes of Alexis Lafreniere. Come back. Rescind your statement.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Is Strome & Zibanejad not good enough? Or is it just that you would rather a C. Which if that is the case, that’s no reason to not pick Lafrenière.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:41 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Is Strome & Zibanejad not good enough? Or is it just that you would rather a C. Which if that is the case, that’s no reason to not pick Lafrenière.

Strome is awful and is a benefactor of Panarin as we all know. Don't wanna pay him Panarin's money. Zibanejad is great but you have to look at his age and contract. UFA at 29 with a bad center pool.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:58 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Zibanejad is great. Strome is a fourth line center masquerading as a second. We have no one - literally no one - to play C after Zibanejad.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 8:59 a.m.
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Do me a favor, even though I agree we need a C, bad. Watch 10 minutes of Alexis Lafreniere. Come back. Rescind your statement.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Lafreniere and I'd love to have him. I just personally wish that we had the chance to win second overall pick rather than first because I think we need a center so badly lol
Aug. 5, 2020 at 9:01 a.m.
If the Sens are foolish enough to offer picks #3 & #5 then grab that immediately. Then they can grab Byfield and Whatdver they like at 5.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 9:04 a.m.
I think Ducks take Helge Grans at #31. They desperately need RD in their system.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
If the Sens are foolish enough to offer picks #3 & #5 then grab that immediately. Then they can grab Byfield and Whatdver they like at 5.

That would be the dream. Byfield + either Sanderson or Raymond would be fantastic. I'd give up Lafreniere for that for sure.

Though from OTT's perspective, highly doubt they'd give both their top 5 picks up to move up to 1OA. I'd be perfectly content with trading 1OA to OTT for 3OA, their NYI pick, and either an A- level prospect or a 2nd round pick.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
That would be the dream. Byfield + either Sanderson or Raymond would be fantastic. I'd give up Lafreniere for that for sure.

Though from OTT's perspective, highly doubt they'd give both their top 5 picks up to move up to 1OA. I'd be perfectly content with trading 1OA to OTT for 3OA, their NYI pick, and either an A- level prospect or a 2nd round pick.

Lol you'd pass on a franchise player to patch some holes our prospect pool can fill?
Aug. 5, 2020 at 7:40 p.m.
Lol you'd pass on a franchise player to patch some holes our prospect pool can fill?

Beyond K'Andre Miller, who do we have who can play LD if Lindgren regresses (likely)? Robertson is still years away and I'm not holding my breath for him. Rykov and Hajek haven't impressed much. Sjalin is a mystery right now. Sanderson is going to be really good, and considering where NCAA hockey is right now with the virus, I highly doubt he'll end up going to college after all. Could step right in to the AHL and be up to the NHL by age 19 or 20.

And at center - Morgan Barron and a few other college signings are all we have. And Henriksson. Lias Andersson likely won't be coming back and Chytil doesn't appear capable of being a top 6 center. We need a top 6 center more than anything else.
Aug. 5, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Beyond K'Andre Miller, who do we have who can play LD if Lindgren regresses (likely)? Robertson is still years away and I'm not holding my breath for him. Rykov and Hajek haven't impressed much. Sjalin is a mystery right now. Sanderson is going to be really good, and considering where NCAA hockey is right now with the virus, I highly doubt he'll end up going to college after all. Could step right in to the AHL and be up to the NHL by age 19 or 20.

And at center - Morgan Barron and a few other college signings are all we have. And Henriksson. Lias Andersson likely won't be coming back and Chytil doesn't appear capable of being a top 6 center. We need a top 6 center more than anything else.

Matthew Robertson, Ryan Lindgren, Zac Jones, Tarmo Reunanen, Libor Hajek, K'Andre Miller. Don't forget that if we get Lafreniere this team will only take C and Defenseman in the draft. we have an extra first to get a LHD or C.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 6:13 a.m.
Matthew Robertson, Ryan Lindgren, Zac Jones, Tarmo Reunanen, Libor Hajek, K'Andre Miller. Don't forget that if we get Lafreniere this team will only take C and Defenseman in the draft. we have an extra first to get a LHD or C.

I hope they get a C later in the first round... Hendrix Lapierre is my pick but he may be off the board. I'm hoping teams make the mistake of passing on him because of his injuries.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 6:18 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
I hope they get a C later in the first round... Hendrix Lapierre is my pick but he may be off the board. I'm hoping teams make the mistake of passing on him because of his injuries.

I would love Hendrix. I think WPG bite on him 100%. All they need are Centers so I don't see CGY and WPG letting those guys slip. (Zary and Lapierre)
dlt_hfu2847whsba liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll