Forums/Armchair-GM

Kinda funny

Created by: Kyle_Davidson
Team: 2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 6, 2020
Published: Aug. 6, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think it's kinda funny that the PIT pick and EDM pick are very likely to be better than our own original picks. All things considered.

Keep in mind that I am not saying that either series is over, just that the picks are likely, based on the history of best of 5 series, to be better than our own original picks.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
2$4,000,000
2$1,500,000
3$3,000,000
2$1,200,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
CGY
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Higher of the two thirds.
CHI
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Assuming that the coyotes win a round or sign hall, making this the only third they have.
NJD
  1. Määttä, Olli
Additional Details:
I don't care what any of you say, After this playoffs (and really, he had a solid regular season too) Maatta absolutely has positive trade value.
CHI
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar [RFA Rights]
NYR
  1. Hakkarainen, Mikael
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. 2020 4th round pick (TOR)
  2. 2020 6th round pick (TOR)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,686,206$1,090,244$5,900,000$8,813,794
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 6, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Just curious why you think leafs would want caggiula? This isn’t the first agm I have seen moving him to the leafs. Leafs can’t afford him and he would have a hard time getting even a pressbox seat.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Jamiepo
Just curious why you think leafs would want caggiula? This isn’t the first agm I have seen moving him to the leafs. Leafs can’t afford him and he would have a hard time getting even a pressbox seat.

I just saw him going to the leafs yesterday. Not an original trade idea of mine.
GenXHockey liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
exo2769

Because the Leafs are a soft. I don't think Drake will cost as much as people think because of the flat cap and he had an injury this past season. He's mentioned that he wants to stay with the Hawks...so I'll 100% admit maybe he's talking about a hometown discount vs being traded, but the Leafs would be a better team if they could add physicality to their game. I don't think the 225lb+ bruiser is what they need in physicality...I'm talking about a faster grittier pesky player like Drake.
ChiHawk liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
Because the Leafs are a soft. I don't think Drake will cost as much as people think because of the flat cap and he had an injury this past season. He's mentioned that he wants to stay with the Hawks...so I'll 100% admit maybe he's talking about a hometown discount vs being traded, but the Leafs would be a better team if they could add physicality to their game. I don't think the 225lb+ bruiser is what they need in physicality...I'm talking about a faster grittier pesky player like Drake.

@jamiepo
Exactly. Leafs fans all too often think a player needs to put up at least 40 points to be worth it to join the their team, yet the very problem the Leafs have in the playoffs is lack of defenders of course, but also forwards who play defense, physicality and grittiness. The Hawks won cups because beyond being a fast team and solid defenders, gritty players like Shaw could mix it up and get under the skin of the opposing team. Leafs lack defenders but also lack a player being able to get under the skin of the opposition.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
Blackhawks Fanatic.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
I just saw him going to the leafs yesterday. Not an original trade idea of mine.

Caggiula is important believe it or not. I mean the Blackhawks are undefeated with him and winless without him. What he brings to the table helps this team a lot.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: HawksFan91
Caggiula is important believe it or not. I mean the Blackhawks are undefeated with him and winless without him. What he brings to the table helps this team a lot.

I think Shaw is a better version of Caggulia.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
Banned

This is such an outdated and blatantly wrong opinion. The very physical Blue Jackets aren't causing problems by being physical. TO's 1 and only issue is their consistency. Look at game 2, that is the Leafs when they are on. They smother teams with possession. They get the puck and keep it and wear you down until they find a crack. They just haven't been able to do it on a consistent basis. That being said they are still very young and will find that consistency with time. No one on this site wants that to be the case, they prefer to make up BS like they are a small team that gets pushed around, they are one of the biggest teams and while they don't hit a tonne they don't need to, because they always have the puck.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: ChiHawk
@jamiepo
Exactly. Leafs fans all too often think a player needs to put up at least 40 points to be worth it to join the their team, yet the very problem the Leafs have in the playoffs is lack of defenders of course, but also forwards who play defense, physicality and grittiness. The Hawks won cups because beyond being a fast team and solid defenders, gritty players like Shaw could mix it up and get under the skin of the opposing team. Leafs lack defenders but also lack a player being able to get under the skin of the opposition.

The issue is he isn’t pushing marner nylander Hyman Kapanen Mikheyev and Robertson down the lineup.

Leafs have Hyman Kapanen engvall and possibly Clifford or korshkov playing those gritty defensive two way rolls. This is of course assuming that Johnsson is cannon fodder for the flat cap.

If he is signed before his QO or after it expires for cheap (750-900k) I would not have a problem with him playing 4th line and moving up in the lineup as needed.

At 1.5m or above it’s just not plausible. The same applies for Clifford.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
This is such an outdated and blatantly wrong opinion. The very physical Blue Jackets aren't causing problems by being physical. TO's 1 and only issue is their consistency. Look at game 2, that is the Leafs when they are on. They smother teams with possession. They get the puck and keep it and wear you down until they find a crack. They just haven't been able to do it on a consistent basis. That being said they are still very young and will find that consistency with time. No one on this site wants that to be the case, they prefer to make up BS like they are a small team that gets pushed around, they are one of the biggest teams and while they don't hit a tonne they don't need to, because they always have the puck.

I don't have a horse in the race. You do. I'm certain your bias is blinding you.

I can sit here and agree with you that TOR played a much better game 2 than game 1. I can also agree that consistency is an issue for TOR. I again agree that it's a larger issue than physicality. That doesn't mean they're not soft...because they are. I'd also tell you that you're flat out dreaming if you think Game 2 is the "standard" for TOR. You're not as bad as your worst game...You're not as good as your best game. IMO...Game 2 was indeed one of the better games TOR has played all year long. They're not THAT good a team overall. That game could have been 5-0.

I specifically said "NOT the 225+ bruiser". I'm not talking about hits. I'm talking about getting moved off the puck too easily. Not winning enough board battles. I know EXACTLY what you mean because this was EXACTLY what Blackhawks fans (my fan base) said during their cup runs. Their opponents always out hit them because they always had the puck. BUT the Hawks didn't get moved off the puck like TOR does. When CHI was winning it seems like everytime they went to the boards...the Hawks came away with the puck. Matthews is a stud and I can't really say much on him, but Tavares isn't exactly dominating anyone.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

If he signs his QO he is 1.5m, if he isn’t qualified he is UFA.
exo2769 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
exo2769
If he signs his QO he is 1.5m, if he isn’t qualified he is UFA.

Fair point.
GenXHockey liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
Banned

Leafs already have their own, better version of Caggiula.. that's Kapanen. Way faster and has just as much bite to his game. Not to mention that he doesn't cost the Leafs anything to get. Non-Leafs fans (especially Hawks fans I personally find) just love to bash on Toronto when in reality they already have grit... Kapanen, Hyman, Muzzin, Clifford (possibly next year), Mikheyev, Robertson,, Rielly, and even Sandin have some bite to their games. Hell even Matthews has shown show physicality at times. Caggiula isn't needed nor wanted in Toronto. He'd barely crack the 4th line LW spot behind Hyman, Robertson, Nylander.. & for a bottom line type of player it's better to give it to a cheaper ELC contract than someone like Caggiula. Hawks fans can keep him. He's not that good.
GenXHockey liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Edited Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Leafs already have their own, better version of Caggiula.. that's Kapanen. Way faster and has just as much bite to his game. Not to mention that he doesn't cost the Leafs anything to get. Non-Leafs fans (especially Hawks fans I personally find) just love to bash on Toronto when in reality they already have grit... Kapanen, Hyman, Muzzin, Clifford (possibly next year), Mikheyev, Robertson,, Rielly, and even Sandin have some bite to their games. Hell even Matthews has shown show physicality at times. Caggiula isn't needed nor wanted in Toronto. He'd barely crack the 4th line LW spot behind Hyman, Robertson, Nylander.. & for a bottom line type of player it's better to give it to a cheaper ELC contract than someone like Caggiula. Hawks fans can keep him. He's not that good.

Have to agree with this. Toronto has no lack of guys willing to go into dirty places. Matthews and Tavares are both very difficult to move off the puck. Kerfoot also has a lot more grit than I expected and kappy and Clifford aren’t afraid to mix it up.
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
Banned
I don't have a horse in the race. You do. I'm certain your bias is blinding you.

I can sit here and agree with you that TOR played a much better game 2 than game 1. I can also agree that consistency is an issue for TOR. I again agree that it's a larger issue than physicality. That doesn't mean they're not soft...because they are. I'd also tell you that you're flat out dreaming if you think Game 2 is the "standard" for TOR. You're not as bad as your worst game...You're not as good as your best game. IMO...Game 2 was indeed one of the better games TOR has played all year long. They're not THAT good a team overall. That game could have been 5-0.

I specifically said "NOT the 225+ bruiser". I'm not talking about hits. I'm talking about getting moved off the puck too easily. Not winning enough board battles. I know EXACTLY what you mean because this was EXACTLY what Blackhawks fans (my fan base) said during their cup runs. Their opponents always out hit them because they always had the puck. BUT the Hawks didn't get moved off the puck like TOR does. When CHI was winning it seems like everytime they went to the boards...the Hawks came away with the puck. Matthews is a stud and I can't really say much on him, but Tavares isn't exactly dominating anyone.

The toughness the team needs is guys like Matthews fighting through extra checks and elevating his game. Same with Nylander, Marner, Rielly and the rest. Which at times they have in the past wilted a little but not now. That game was a good one for TO but they can still be better. They are still getting back into form. They are way better than you give them credit for.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
I don't think I've seen any arguments from NJ about giving a 2021 3rd for Maatta. I'm still on board with that.
Kyle_Davidson and GenXHockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll