Pionk
Pitrangelo

Helly

Exposed
Little
Appleton
Stanley
Berdin

If Little has a good year he has more value then the other three and perfect bridge for Seattle Prospects coming up. Shouldn't cost to much for them to select him. If not may move Pionk and pave the wave for Villi the kid, or Poolman if he progresses to a top four defensman.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,000,000
3$1,000,000
4$2,500,000
2$750,000
2$750,000
2$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$10,000,000
1$1,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Lafreniere, Alexis
3$3,575,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Zacha, Pavel
  2. 2020 1st round pick (NJD)
WPG
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (SJS)
  2. 2020 4th round pick (EDM)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$78,300,358$0$1,425,000$3,199,642
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Lafreniere, Alexis
$3,575,000$3,575,000
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 8
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
Petro MIGHT agree to that IF the Jets get the 1st overall pick here on Sunday and they were willing to carve out the cap space to get him to $10+ AAV. He could bite.

He realistically couldn't get more than that from anyone, much less a contender. Signing with Winnipeg though is not a desirable destination for free agents. (No offense, that's just what the anonymous player/agent polls tell us).
Aug. 7, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Quoting: Blueman96
Petro MIGHT agree to that IF the Jets get the 1st overall pick here on Sunday and they were willing to carve out the cap space to get him to $10+ AAV. He could bite.

He realistically couldn't get more than that from anyone, much less a contender. Signing with Winnipeg though is not a desirable destination for free agents. (No offense, that's just what the anonymous player/agent polls tell us).

Not entirely true. The Devils could easily give him $10M, but he wouldn't want to play with them. If Winnipeg can offer him that much, he'll easily sign with them.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 12:59 p.m.

None taken people who live here like it for the most part, but not a place most move to. About on par with St Louise though
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.

I agree that FA hate coming here unfortunately, we have a great organization and a good fan base but the cold makes it undesirable. But this is a perfect scenario for getting a big FA to bite and come here. I’d love to see this happen, although the pietro deal scares me on the back half.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I would bet little headed for ltir, lafreniere capped for elc at top dollar elc. Signing pietrangelo might lead to a laine trade over another contract in the same neighborhood, so I may try to keep ehlers, and run roslovic/wheeler for a season at Center. Then deal laine for a package of cheaper players and picks. It would be nice to get a little bigger and harder to play against in a few places without overpaying vets to do it.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Buffbry
Yeah Detroit passes here, you can pay for us to take MP, we are def not paying to take him
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
Quoting: buffbry
Yeah Detroit passes here, you can pay for us to take MP, we are def not paying to take him

If they added their own 2nd round pick in '20 and '21, and took out the pick's we're giving up i'd do it.
buffbry liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Edited Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
I would bet little headed for ltir, lafreniere capped for elc at top dollar elc. Signing pietrangelo might lead to a laine trade over another contract in the same neighborhood, so I may try to keep ehlers, and run roslovic/wheeler for a season at Center. Then deal laine for a package of cheaper players and picks. It would be nice to get a little bigger and harder to play against in a few places without overpaying vets to do it.

I put his cap hit including bonus' Lafreniere that is, if Little were to end up on Ltir then I imagine we keep Perrault and Harkins for the season and give Harkins a shot at center between Perrault and Roslovic. The Ehlers for Zacha trade isn't just about getting a center also frees up 3.75 million in cap space over the next couple years and restocking the cupboard with a first coming back preferably the 7th overall. Jersey is still getting the best player in the trade. Ideally Little is Healthy for a run but if not there's 0 cap issues the following off season. Laine, Pionk, Copp and Poolman won't be more then 20, leaves around 4.5 million with 4 roster spots to fill after those four
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
Holy cow that is a terrible overpay for Zacha and a 1st.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MarkWinnipeg
I put his cap hit including bonus' Lafreniere that is, if Little were to end up on Ltir then I imagine we keep Perrault and Harkins for the season and give Harkins a shot at center between Perrault and Roslovic. The Ehlers for Zacha trade isn't just about getting a center also frees up 3.75 million in cap space over the next couple years and restocking the cupboard with a first coming back preferably the 7th overall. Jersey is still getting the best player in the trade. Ideally Little is Healthy for a run but if not there's 0 cap issues the following off season. Laine, Pionk, Copp and Poolman won't be more then 20, leaves around 4.5 million with 4 roster spots to fill after those four

I just like the nucleus of youth of morrisey, helly, ehlers, and connor. Not sure what’s next with little, not sure if scheifele should be a career jet and if they should break the bank on laine. I like the contracts they have in hand with the 4 above and would like to hold onto them. Personally I would have found a trade for wheeler before the longterm contract, but I may have spent too much time on here lol. I wouldn’t mind a shot at pietrangelo if the thought is we are a piece or two away and taking a all in, next couple seasons. Please let the jets win lafreniere sweepstakes.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: tsyls
I agree that FA hate coming here unfortunately, we have a great organization and a good fan base but the cold makes it undesirable. But this is a perfect scenario for getting a big FA to bite and come here. I’d love to see this happen, although the pietro deal scares me on the back half.

Flat cap, and the usual suspects up against the cap, could bring some interesting choices for playing locations for some players. Like even a hall to Ottawa or something crazy
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Flat cap, and the usual suspects up against the cap, could bring some interesting choices for playing locations for some players. Like even a hall to Ottawa or something crazy

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some weird UFA signings. It’s all going to come down to who wants money, and who wants to win.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I wouldn’t be surprised to see some weird UFA signings. It’s all going to come down to who wants money, and who wants to win.

I kinda wonder what calgary is going to do with hamonic and Brodie, and Toronto with Barrie. For some reason I could see Barrie to van or cgy and Brodie Or hamonic to wpg and or cgy. Kind of 3 cities for 3 players type deal. Van might not even be able to afford one, and cgy can afford one and possibly wpg for 1
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
I kinda wonder what calgary is going to do with hamonic and Brodie, and Toronto with Barrie. For some reason I could see Barrie to van or cgy and Brodie Or hamonic to wpg and or cgy. Kind of 3 cities for 3 players type deal. Van might not even be able to afford one, and cgy can afford one and possibly wpg for 1

Only way I’d like to see wpg go after one of those three is if it’s hamonic and even then only go after him if we can’t resign DeMelo.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Only way I’d like to see wpg go after one of those three is if it’s hamonic and even then only go after him if we can’t resign DeMelo.

I don’t see Barrie a fit at all in wpg, DeMelo, hamonic and or Brodie, I would depend a lot on price and term if they are all keen to be in Winnipeg.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
I don’t see Barrie a fit at all in wpg, DeMelo, hamonic and or Brodie, I would depend a lot on price and term if they are all keen to be in Winnipeg.

Am I crazy to think that Laine not playing through a hand sprain is crazy.... it’s the playoffs, people play through a lot worse.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Am I crazy to think that Laine not playing through a hand sprain is crazy.... it’s the playoffs, people play through a lot worse.

As with anything, depends how bad it is. Some of those tendon pulls are excruciating. There's swelling and you don't even want to move it because there is just a horrendous stabbing pain: one of those you feel in your jaw because it shoots up your body. No idea if Laine's was to that level or not (I'm just speaking in generalities) but some of those "sprains" can just be debilitating until the swelling and pain go down. They could shoot him with a cortisone shot I guess, but...
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

That’s all it was? I thought it was something serious, if I’m the Jets I do everything they can to shine him up, try to give him everything possible to have a monster year and trade him at the draft next year. Everybody is different with pain thresholds, but if poolman plays after a slapper to the face, the rest of the team should be checking there pulse and get into the lineup to go through a wall if at all possible.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
As with anything, depends how bad it is. Some of those tendon pulls are excruciating. There's swelling and you don't even want to move it because there is just a horrendous stabbing pain: one of those you feel in your jaw because it shoots up your body. No idea if Laine's was to that level or not (I'm just speaking in generalities) but some of those "sprains" can just be debilitating until the swelling and pain go down. They could shoot him with a cortisone shot I guess, but...

He was sitting there using his phone normally, he had a tiny little wrap around his hand. It didn’t look that’s bad.

You do realize that Laine doesn't decide if he's fit to play or not, right? He can want to play all he wants, but if the medical staff won't let him there's nothing he can do.

... and how much owners are willing to shell out. Keep in mind not everyone is Toronto. No way Ottawa spends to the cap. They're probably going to limp to the floor and that's all the owner will likely allow to be spent. Owners who operate on the margins in the best of times are getting hit hard by this. Several of the teams with cap space are going to get instructions from owners to GM's "this is your lid, thou shalt not pass it."

Those high AAV deals that are half over on the back end with lower cash payments are going to be worth their weight in gold to "floor" teams this summer. Petro ain't that.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
That’s all it was? I thought it was something serious, if I’m the Jets I do everything they can to shine him up, try to give him everything possible to have a monster year and trade him at the draft next year. Everybody is different with pain thresholds, but if poolman plays after a slapper to the face, the rest of the team should be checking there pulse and get into the lineup to go through a wall if at all possible.

Lmfao exactly my thoughts, he literally had a hand sprain and he was up in the PB using his phone with both hands lmfao. If we win Laff, I would put him with Laine and Scheifele and try to get Laine 40+ goals and 85 pts at least and trade him for a monster package at the draft.
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
You do realize that Laine doesn't decide if he's fit to play or not, right? He can want to play all he wants, but if the medical staff won't let him there's nothing he can do.

Yes I understand that, but he’s sittin up in the PB using his phone and looking fine. I’ve seen players play through a lot worse, aka broken ribs, and many other injuries. I don’t know why the medical staff would hold him back with a hand sprain.... it doesn’t make sense. Unless he has major ligament or tendon damage (he doesn’t as they’re all expected to recover before training camp starts) he shouldn’t be held out due to a hand sprain lol.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
He was sitting there using his phone normally, he had a tiny little wrap around his hand. It didn’t look that’s bad.

I hadn't seen that. I was just speculating and speaking in generalities. Maybe you'll find out more here in the coming days. For the fans sake I hope so. No hockey player I've ever met or played with ever wants to be known as soft.
tsyls liked this.
Aug. 7, 2020 at 3:59 p.m.
I hadn't seen that. I was just speculating and speaking in generalities. Maybe you'll find out more here in the coming days. For the fans sake I hope so. No hockey player I've ever met or played with ever wants to be known as soft.

Yeah, Unless there’s major damage to his tendons or ligaments I don’t get why he’d be held out. He didn’t even skate after he got hurt which makes no sense either. Like even with a hand injury you still try to go and skate to see how it is unless the medical staff is holding you out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll