SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

my thoughts for the blues going forward

Aug. 8, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
re-signing Pietrangelo in my opinion would be a mistake. If we did, we would have a san jose situation on the blue line. 3 defenseman making way too much money with unmovable contracts. (assuming Parayko will get around 8 million on his next contract) Faulk is not going anywhere, so it is time we move on from Petro.. It doesnt make sense to move allen, bozak and steen as it will cost assets to move those guys. Additionally, if Pietrangelo signs, Schwartz is gone next year, especially with Thomas and Binnington needing new contracts. Vince Dunn is a keeper. My ideal signing would be 7 x 5.25 million but cap space is tight so my guess is he signs 2 years x 3.5million. Seattle will proably take a middle 6 forward in Blais, Sanford or Barbashev. It is too early to tell but I think Steen will be bought out. Cap space is still tight and he is getting old. Im not sure i we are allowed to sign him 1 year 700k, but if we can that could be an option. Worth noting that Klim Kostin could make the team next year if he has a good training camp. But will most likely be a guy who comes in when someone gets injured. Perunovich looks like a future top 4 defenseman. My guess is he starts the year in the AHL and may become an NHL regular by mid season. I put Kostin and Perunovich in LTIR to represent them being a maybe for next year.

Finally. STOP WITH THE PARAYKO TRADES!!! he is the blues best defense man and isn't going anywhere. If the leafs want a RHD from St.Louis, consider trading Marner to a team with cap space for picks/prospects and using the money to sign Petro.
Aug. 8, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
Rangers 2023
makes sense for the cap but how do you justify to yourselves and to your fans not trying to resign your captain and one of the best Dmen in the world
Aug. 8, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
makes sense for the cap but how do you justify to yourselves and to your fans not trying to resign your captain and one of the best Dmen in the world

I think we already have tried to re-sign him. No way we sign Faulk and Scandella without offering Pietrangelo a contract. He probably turned down what we were comfortable paying him.
Aug. 8, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Blues4TheCup
I think we already have tried to re-sign him. No way we sign Faulk and Scandella without offering Pietrangelo a contract. He probably turned down what we were comfortable paying him.

i mean 9.25×6 would the max IMO

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll