Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft

Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Hurricanes_WPG
Published: Aug. 12, 2020 at 1:07 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-No explanation needed
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-They should trade down with this pick to go after Sanderson, but if there are no good offers, go get the Kopitar replacement
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksOttawa needs defensive help NOW, and Drysdale is the only NHL ready D-man in the entire draft
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Bit of a toss-up between Stutzle and Rossi, because they are both incredibly skilled. Difference is that Stutzle played against men last year and Rossi didn't
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-More of a traditional (bigger) center than a Rossi or Perfetti, who will probably end up on NHL wings, and a solid PK guy in only a year or two
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Center or no center, the Ducks need some serious scoring punch. It is either Raymond or Rossi... could be either of them
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Mack Blackwood is not the guy, and Cory Schneider is going to decline. New Jersey could try to buy a goaltender in FA, or they could go after a guy that *could* start for a while, and pretty soon too. Not in 2020-21, but maybe 2021-22, and likely 2022-23. Pick could also be traded down.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The roster doesn't really look like it has crazy holes needing to be immediately patched, so just go BPA. Here, it is either Rossi or Perfetti
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minnesota needs players with serious offensive skill, and the most offensively skilled player available is Holtz
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets have no need for more high-skill wingers (this includes the future winger Perfetti). They do however need defensemen to go with Morrissey, and the best defenseman left is Sanderson
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Taking a gamble on a high-risk forward just like they did with Forsberg
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-No gaping holes in the roster, so you sprint to the podium to grab an elite scorer in Perfetti while ignoring the Owen Tippett visions in your head.
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsCarolina needs depth scoring, and not much else. I wouldn't be surprised to see this pick traded. If not, go best forward available
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Throw more high draft picks at defense. See if it helps.
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Same position as Edmonton. Throw all of your high draft picks at D..... whether that means drafting Schneider or it means trading this pick to throw Jack Johnson into the Sun... or Phoenix
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
20Logo of the Calgary Flames-
21Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
22Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
24Logo of the Dallas Stars-
25Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Aug. 12, 2020 at 1:26 a.m.
If this were to play out, Hawks grab Quinn smile
Aug. 12, 2020 at 4:45 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
I think NSH takes Askarov. Don't see NJ taking him that early and Blackwood is pretty damn good.
Aug. 12, 2020 at 10:49 a.m.
Curious to why you think Blackwood is not the guy.
Nix and Hurricanes_WPG liked this.
Aug. 12, 2020 at 11:24 a.m.
Mack Blackwood is definitely the guy.
Aug. 12, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
Go leafs go
There is no way the sens pass on Byfield/Stutzle at third. They will get Drysdale, if they patiently wait for the 5th pick.
Aug. 15, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
More Finns More Wins
Quoting: CCRO1995
Curious to why you think Blackwood is not the guy.

I will admit to not having seen very many Devils games, but the ones I watched, he didn't look all that inspiring. Looking up his stats, though, I see that he is a league average goaltender, and he's still 24. Definitely a mistake on my part to judge a goalie off of less than 10 games.

Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
I think NSH takes Askarov. Don't see NJ taking him that early and Blackwood is pretty damn good.

Saros is just as good or better than Blackwood. I don't think Nashville needs another goalie

Quoting: Saskleaf
There is no way the sens pass on Byfield/Stutzle at third. They will get Drysdale, if they patiently wait for the 5th pick.

Detroit would take Drysdale at 4 if Ottawa passed at 3, no doubt in my mind
Aug. 15, 2020 at 11:04 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
I will admit to not having seen very many Devils games, but the ones I watched, he didn't look all that inspiring. Looking up his stats, though, I see that he is a league average goaltender, and he's still 24. Definitely a mistake on my part to judge a goalie off of less than 10 games.

Saros is just as good or better than Blackwood. I don't think Nashville needs another goalie

Detroit would take Drysdale at 4 if Ottawa passed at 3, no doubt in my mind

Nah. Detroit is looking for forward help. They will pick Perfetti, Rossi or Raymond with their pick.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll