SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Mock Drafttt

2020 Mock Drafttt

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Moose85
Published: Aug. 12, 2020 at 8:36 p.m.
Description
First attempt at a first round mock. Write-ups for the first 15 and little notes for some of the others.

Tried to think how the GM's would think in building their teams.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-Just a complete player in all levels. New York is going to be scary good.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Just having the option of putting Stutzle on the wing or centre could be enough to put him over Byfield. Very dynamic player that would excel in the LA organization.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksThis would be the dream scenario for Ottawa. Getting a coveted 6’4 center with great hands and great speed is what Ottawa needs in their rebuild. He will need a season or 2 in the OHL.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Sanderson at 4? Yeah this would be a what the heck kind of moment like Seider was. Sanderson has been skyrocketing up the draft rankings. He’s a high IQ player who makes a great first pass can lockdown in his own zone. It would be very smart of Yzerman to setup his blue line for the future. Also seeing how past successful teams have won the Stanley Cup with a strong backend it's a no brainer that Yzerman is a smart guy to see this.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Tell me if you haven’t heard this before. The Senators are proud to select from Frolunda Alfredsson, Karlsson and now Raymond! This would be such a Sens pick and a player that will become the best player from this draft. Buried in a deep team Raymond was used sparingly. But when he was on the ice he made an impact.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Anaheim goes with the best offensively skilled dman in the draft. They stock up with a future QB in their backend.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils go with an elite shooter. He gets a bad rep for people thinking he’s just one dimensional but I feel he has more to his game and will develop into a complete winger. Devils will be so happy with Holtz.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Marco Rossi is one of my favourite prospects in this draft. Him sliding in behind Eichel would be unbelievable. High IQ player with an unbelievable work ethic. He makes everyone around him better. Sabres fans would be very happy.
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Lundell would fit well into the Wild scheme. He’s a complete center that plays a 200ft game. There is nothing too fancy with him but he gets the job done.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Local boy gets his name called. Jarvis is an elite winger with slick moves and can stickhandle insanely well. He would fit great with the Jets.
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-The fall of Perfetti has ended. How the heck do the Predators get this luck to get a highly skilled player like Perfetti in their laps. Perfetti has very high IQ with a lethal shot.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida needs some help in their backend. They go with Guhle who is solid in his own end and plays a very safe no non sense game.
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsWhat more does a well built prospect team need? How about a future number 1 goalie. This would be insane if Carolina drafts Askarov and he develops into the next Price. Carolina will be set for a long time. Excited to see their future!
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Holloway would be a perfect fit for the Oilers. They have been missing that player that goes hard to the net that has some grit. He can skate really well, very smart player with great hands in tight places.
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Schneider is a solid player to add to the Penguins organization. He will probably develop into a second pairing and be a shutdown type player.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-He may get drafted earlier but I just couldn't fit him in anywhere. Maybe the Oilers. But he would do wonders with the Habs.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesNeeds more time to develop and mature himself and his game
19Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksCalgary is picking in this spot. I just have a feeling Calgary will love him.
20Logo of the Calgary Flames-NJ pick is here. Not rush him and let him develop in the KHL.
21Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersPerfect player for Ottawa to target
22Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
24Logo of the Dallas Stars-
25Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Would do well with the Caps
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Adding a feisty player like Ridly would be a great move for Sakic
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Aug. 12, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
I’d go crazy if we got Quinn. He’s gone to Edmonton though. You get a sniper for mcdavid
Aug. 12, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I’d go crazy if we got Quinn. He’s gone to Edmonton though. You get a sniper for mcdavid

Yeah most likely. But I also feel Holloway is a player they are looking at. As well I feel he would do well on the wing with McDavid with his high IQ. Oilers are low on LW prospects other than Tyler Benson.
Aug. 12, 2020 at 8:49 p.m.
Quoting: Moose85
Yeah most likely. But I also feel Holloway is a player they are looking at. As well I feel he would do well on the wing with McDavid with his high IQ. Oilers are low on LW prospects other than Tyler Benson.

True, but the need some scoring and on 97 wing he’ll score 40-50 goals
Aug. 12, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
Your draft was good up to pick #4.
Aug. 13, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
Pop Pop
I want Detroit to trade with buffalo, buff can move up get perfetti or rossi and we can get Sanderson at 8 and a couole extra pieces

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll