RW
UFA - 2
$1,887,500$1,887,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$733,750$733,750 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 6
$4,200,000$4,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$2,800,000$2,800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
G
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 9, 2016 at 7:07 p.m.
alwaysnextyear
Gave you a 4 star, because it's a nice package going to Ottawa headlined by a great young Dman on an even better contract. Unfortunately I still don't think it would be enough for Karlsson though, at least not until he's down to the last year of his current contract.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 7:19 p.m.
I am death
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Gave you a 4 star, because it's a nice package going to Ottawa headlined by a great young Dman on an even better contract. Unfortunately I still don't think it would be enough for Karlsson though, at least not until he's down to the last year of his current contract.
Wait until Zbbaddest comes here, he thinks that Karlsson is worth both Benn and Seguin probably, not realizing we don't need two more forwards at the cost of one elite Dman.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 8:40 p.m.
Huge overpayment for Karlsson. He isn't even worth Klingberg and a 1st.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:07 p.m.
Adomaitis
Quoting: ClockReads2113

He is. He is the best D in the league on an awful team. He would be insane on a team like Dallas
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:13 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I know you only trading players, but what has Ottawa really accomplished with Karlsson? Three years left on Karlsson's contract for Klingberg and the potential of Honda...That seems solid plus the other bits for Ottawa.
Nice thoughts here Ultraman.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:55 p.m.
Ottawa Senators
Quoting: UltramanTaro
Quoting: alwaysnextyear
Wait until Zbbaddest comes here, he thinks that Karlsson is worth both Benn and Seguin probably, not realizing we don't need two more forwards at the cost of one elite Dman.
Lol any Karlsson trade would involve an elite player going back the other way. Not both Benn and Seguin, but one or the other, and Klingberg.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 10:41 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: Adamitis

He is. He is the best D in the league on an awful team. He
would be insane on a team like Dallas

He's the best offensive dman in the league because his team needs it.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 10:42 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: palhal
I know you only trading players, but what has Ottawa really accomplished with Karlsson?.

There's a lot of great nhl players that haven't played on good teams. Tavares hasn't had a lot of team success in the Isle but no one talks about that when they mention his play or value to the team. It just seems people want to find something to complain about when it comes to karlsson. I don't get it
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:04 p.m.
I am death
Karlsson has more points than Klingberg, despite playing more minutes on PK, harder competition on ES, and with at best only above average forwards, whereas Klingberg played with elites. Don't get me wrong, Klingberg drives offense and possession, but without him, Stars are still stacked offensively. Karlsson on the other hand is a difference between the Sens being top 10 or bottom 5 in league scoring, and Karlsson doens't have much of an effect on the Sens goals against.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:22 p.m.
Banned
Karlsson has more points than Klingberg, despite playing more minutes on PK, harder competition on ES, and with at best only above average forwards, whereas Klingberg played with elites. Don't get me wrong, Klingberg drives offense and possession, but without him, Stars are still stacked offensively. Karlsson on the other hand is a difference between the Sens being top 10 or bottom 5 in league scoring, and Karlsson doens't have much of an effect on the Sens goals against.
YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT KARLSSON DOES LOL! He makes a team weaker by poke checking even within physical contact. He's an A offensively, but he's playing defense and averages a C+. My question is have any of you nerds played with someone who wasn't good at their job? Lets say maybe a friggen dman who's terrible at his own end?
Sep. 10, 2016 at 12:04 a.m.
I am death
Quoting: BruinsForTheWin
YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT KARLSSON DOES LOL! He makes a team weaker by poke checking even within physical contact. He's an A offensively, but he's playing defense and averages a C+. My question is have any of you nerds played with someone who wasn't good at their job? Lets say maybe a friggen dman who's terrible at his own end?
Karlsson is bipolar against the Bruins, sometimes he can be extremely terrible in all aspects, and sometimes he's legendary in all aspects (Yes including defense), so I can understand why you have a bias against him. Karlsson is not terrible in his end whatsoever, he isn't great, but he's actually good if you watch, and he's fantastic when you compare him to how ******** his team mates play defense. Karlsson has fantastic offensive advanced stats, and overall plays a great posession game, and drives offense for everyone. He's also misused sometimes. Karlsson is actually clearly the best option on PK, the coach just wants to reserve him, which is why our PK is so s*** tier.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 3:31 a.m.
Ottawa Senators
karlsson is great in his own end. Even if he got only 40 points per year, he'd still be the best d-man in the league because he is amazing defensively. He's smart, he is strong, and has speed to always recover on his mistakes.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 3:37 a.m.
Tonys Pizza
If I am ottowa I play dumb when I get this offer and see how much more Dallas would give me. If Ottowa has a clue karleson may never wear another jersey
Sep. 10, 2016 at 6:16 a.m.
I am death
Quoting: Zbaddest
karlsson is great in his own end. Even if he got only 40 points per year, he'd still be the best d-man in the league because he is amazing defensively. He's smart, he is strong, and has speed to always recover on his mistakes.
Karlsson is not great in his own zone, he's good, but not great. Karlsson is however great defensively when you factor everything else.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 7:00 a.m.
Ottawa Senators
Karlsson is not great in his own zone, he's good, but not great. Karlsson is however great defensively when you factor everything else.
lmaaooo who are you to say he's not great in his own end? I don't think you know what defense is then, and all your trades are always horrible, this one is probably the least horrible, but still, you have a history of disastrous trades.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 11:13 a.m.
If Karlsson is traded before his contract is up the sens will have made a grave mistake. He is absolutely the face of the franchise and is so exciting to watch. I watch a dozen or so sens games a year and I don't know if I would without E. Karlsson playing.
Sep. 11, 2016 at 12:30 a.m.
I am death
lmaaooo who are you to say he's not great in his own end? I don't think you know what defense is then, and all your trades are always horrible, this one is probably the least horrible, but still, you have a history of disastrous trades.
Defensively Karlsson is great, just not purely in his own zone. If he was great in his own zone, he wouldn't have a low on ice save percentage, and the eye test shows that while Karlsson is far better than most of his teammates in their own zone, he isn't elite unlike the likes of Doughty and Keith, and originally Weber (Not so much now). I'm just being realistic on Karlsson, Karlsson is fantastic and carries his team more than any other player in the league. Karlsson has extremely underrated defense, and his offense is almost legendary. However let's not kid ourselves, if people think Karlsson is elite defensively then they are overrating his defense, if they say things like he is just a forward, they are criminally underrating his defense.
Sep. 11, 2016 at 9:36 a.m.
Colin400
What do you mean by 'great in his own end'? The truth is that it doesn't matter about how well he can stick check or block shots or block passes when he's always in the offensive zone. And that's what makes Karlsson so valuable, because he rarely has to defend. It's defense by offense. The other team can't score when they don't have the puck.

And even if you're referring to blocked shots and blocked passes and what not, you can't blame Karlsson. Defense is a very structured game, and the Sens haven't had a well-structured defensive system in what feels like forever.

Oh, and he can hit too. Google it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll