Forums/Armchair-GM

Big swap with Nashville

Created by: UltramanTaro
Team: 2016-17 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 9, 2016
Published: Sep. 9, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trading three stars for each other, since the Flames need more depth on wing and the fact we're giving up the better players, we also get some more pieces.

Do not consider the 2017 1st round pick, that is no longer part of the trade.
Trades
NSH
  1. Brodie, TJ
  2. Poirier, Emile
Additional Details:
Rights to Johnny Gaudreau
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$73,000,000$65,067,167$630,500$2,522,500$7,932,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 7
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 6
$3,575,000$3,575,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,300,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$631,667$631,667 (Performance Bonus$10,000$10K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$625,000$625,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,916,667$2,916,667
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 9, 2016 at 8:10 p.m.
Tonys Pizza
Johnny and Filip and as close to an even trade as you can do... difference is Forsberg has already signed for 6 mil. and Johnny is most likely looking for more, so why would Nashville want that. Josi is a top 10 dman in the league without a doubt that is only getting paid 4 mil. Brodie, same age as Josi, generally same size, both left shots, but Brodie doesn't even crack the top 20 dmen in the league and is getting paid more then Josi. Poirier is a great prospect but Nashville likes Arvidsson quite a bit and Jarnkrok just signed the cheapest long term deal of the decade so unless something unusual happens I think it is safe to say he is untouchable. Lets not forget that you also think that the preds need to toss in a first round draft pick... for what? where does that help balance anything? I award you no stars and may god have mercy on your soul.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Tony: Your analysis is articulate and pretty accurate. But your last line....gee there are a lot, a lot of pathetic posts worth a zero....this one is at least worth a three maybe more. And I don't think God worries too much about posts on ArmchairGM.....probably not the difference between heaven and hell anyway.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 9:32 p.m.
TJ Brodie is better than Josi. I don't get what people see.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 10:51 p.m.
BombSquad
Gaudreau is a significantly better player than Forsberg but this trade is still way lopsided in Calgary's favor
Sep. 9, 2016 at 10:58 p.m.
I am death
Quoting: Tonys_Pizza
Johnny and Filip and as close to an even trade as you can do... difference is Forsberg has already signed for 6 mil. and Johnny is most likely looking for more, so why would Nashville want that. Josi is a top 10 dman in the league without a doubt that is only getting paid 4 mil. Brodie, same age as Josi, generally same size, both left shots, but Brodie doesn't even crack the top 20 dmen in the league and is getting paid more then Josi. Poirier is a great prospect but Nashville likes Arvidsson quite a bit and Jarnkrok just signed the cheapest long term deal of the decade so unless something unusual happens I think it is safe to say he is untouchable. Lets not forget that you also think that the preds need to toss in a first round draft pick... for what? where does that help balance anything? I award you no stars and may god have mercy on your soul.
Lol Brodie doesn't crack top 20 because he's not flashy, and if you're using the NHl rankings, they put Gostisbehere and Seabrook in the top 20 even though they do not belong there whatsoever. Brodie is significantly better than Josi, only had one injury earlier this year (Josi has 5 concussions in his career already), has some of the best relative corsi stats in the league, despite facing harder competition, more defensive zone starts, and a bad system. Brodie also produces more on the even strength, his only weakness is scoring goals and power play. I guarantee if Brodie was offered for Josi and something else, Poile would take it without thinking.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:00 p.m.
I am death
Quoting: palhal
Tony: Your analysis is articulate and pretty accurate. But your last line....gee there are a lot, a lot of pathetic posts worth a zero....this one is at least worth a three maybe more. And I don't think God worries too much about posts on ArmchairGM.....probably not the difference between heaven and hell anyway.
His analysis is not correct. Gaudreau will want more but also more term. If Gaudreau can play in an extremely competitive team like Nashville he may even take a paycut. Yeah the 1st rounder is a stretch. But I'd definitely do Gaudreau, Brodie, and Poirier for Forsberg, Josi, Jarnkrok, and Arvidsson.

Basically Gaudreau > Forsberg
Brodie >> Josi
Jarnkrok and Arvidsson >>> Poirier.

Gives Calgary good depth in forward, and still top end D and a winger.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: UltramanTaro
Lol Brodie doesn't crack top 20 because he's not flashy, and if you're using the NHl rankings, they put Gostisbehere and Seabrook in the top 20 even though they do not belong there whatsoever. Brodie is significantly better than Josi, only had one injury earlier this year (Josi has 5 concussions in his career already), has some of the best relative corsi stats in the league, despite facing harder competition, more defensive zone starts, and a bad system. Brodie also produces more on the even strength, his only weakness is scoring goals and power play. I guarantee if Brodie was offered for Josi and something else, Poile would take it without thinking.[/quote. I THINK YOU LOSE BASED ON TOO MANY MOVING PARTS! Simplify the trades you make bro, noone's going on a nerd quest with you to ultimate enlightenment. Give them the short and sweet of your conclusions and they will praise you.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:07 p.m.
Banned
His analysis is not correct. Gaudreau will want more but also more term. If Gaudreau can play in an extremely competitive team like Nashville he may even take a paycut. Yeah the 1st rounder is a stretch. But I'd definitely do Gaudreau, Brodie, and Poirier for Forsberg, Josi, Jarnkrok, and Arvidsson.

Brodie >> Josi

Dude! Quit before you get embarrased. Brodie is not >> Josi in any language.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:30 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsForTheWin

Brodie >> Josi

News paper hockey fans always give me a giggle on hockey boards.
Sep. 9, 2016 at 11:56 p.m.
I am death
Quoting: BruinsForTheWin

Brodie >> Josi

Give me one good reason other than power play points in what makes Josi better than Brodie. Brodie's overall CF% was barely lower than Josi's, despite the fact that Brodie played on one of the worst corsi teams in the league, and Josi on one of the best.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 3:34 a.m.
Tonys Pizza
Here is the deal Brodie is a stud. Josi is better. Let me tell you why now. Weber held him back. Weber is a solid dman but he is too slow to contribute to his d partner's corsi score. Web-nasty will put any player in the league on his ass but by the time he gets to the loose puck statistics show he is more likely to turn the puck over then make a quality breakout pass. Josi's corsi and production will improve greatly over the next season no matter who laviolette pairs him with. UltramanTaro, Gostisbehere is not top 20 because he has had a limited sample to prove that he is. Seabrook isn't either. but in regards to being top 2nd d men seabrook compliments keith (who wouldn't). The point that Brodie excelled in calgary corsi wise does not mean that nashville should wan him though. would he be a good fit in Nashville's fast pace attack style? I love Johnny and Filip... so far Johnny has been more productive but what stands out to me most is the 6 mil. that forsberg just signed to. David Poile is, at least in my mind, the most creative effective GM in the league. why would you trade a guy you just signed to an affordable rate compared to the players in his criteria. Forsberg, kucherov, Johnny, and Taresenko have all been grouped as the under 25 elite class of players up for contract renewals this off season and forsberg took the low end at 6, Tarasenko took the higher end of 7 something and the other two have yet to sign because they want tarasenko's contract when their GM's want to give them forsberg's. Nashville being a budget team is about as elite as it gets and they will be in no rush to trade away guys like forsberg, josi, jarnkok, or ardvirssen.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 6:13 a.m.
I am death
Here is the deal Brodie is a stud. Josi is better. Let me tell you why now. Weber held him back. Weber is a solid dman but he is too slow to contribute to his d partner's corsi score. Web-nasty will put any player in the league on his ass but by the time he gets to the loose puck statistics show he is more likely to turn the puck over then make a quality breakout pass. Josi's corsi and production will improve greatly over the next season no matter who laviolette pairs him with. UltramanTaro, Gostisbehere is not top 20 because he has had a limited sample to prove that he is. Seabrook isn't either. but in regards to being top 2nd d men seabrook compliments keith (who wouldn't). The point that Brodie excelled in calgary corsi wise does not mean that nashville should wan him though. would he be a good fit in Nashville's fast pace attack style? I love Johnny and Filip... so far Johnny has been more productive but what stands out to me most is the 6 mil. that forsberg just signed to. David Poile is, at least in my mind, the most creative effective GM in the league. why would you trade a guy you just signed to an affordable rate compared to the players in his criteria. Forsberg, kucherov, Johnny, and Taresenko have all been grouped as the under 25 elite class of players up for contract renewals this off season and forsberg took the low end at 6, Tarasenko took the higher end of 7 something and the other two have yet to sign because they want tarasenko's contract when their GM's want to give them forsberg's. Nashville being a budget team is about as elite as it gets and they will be in no rush to trade away guys like forsberg, josi, jarnkok, or ardvirssen.
Josi was consistently paired with Weber, whereas Brodie went up and down sometimes paired with Hamilton (Who somewhat impacted his corsi, but overall they made a great pair), sometimes with Engelland (Lol), sometimes with Wideman, and sometimes with Jokipakka, mostly with Giordano, but again Brodie flunctuated with every D the Flames had and it wasn't like a few shifts thing, it was every few games with said Dman. Brodie is excellent in a fast pace attack style and one of the only reasons why Brodie seems worse is because of Hartley's system which doesn't fit him. Josi still has one of the worst relative corsi in the league (Behind only Seabrook and Girardi ouch), and he is also one of the worst high danger defenders in the league (Despite the fact that Nashville allows one of the lowest high danger shots in the league). Also this isn't purely based on stats, it's also watching Josi play. Josi is fantastic offensively, and in my opinion is more efficient in the Ozone when he has the puck than even Karlsson. However when Josi doesn't have the puck, well that's a different story and he is not good whatsoever in his own zone. Ekholm is also severely underrated for the defensive side that he brings.
Sep. 10, 2016 at 10:01 a.m.

Jodi the last 2 years has actually been worse away from weber while weber has been better away from Josi. So not sure how you get that weber is the problem?
Sep. 10, 2016 at 11:03 a.m.
Tonys Pizza
Let's Ignore that whose better then who debate for a second. The preds just resigned forsberg and jarnkrok. 1) its considered bad practice to sell a player you just sign (especially to a long term contract). 2) They signed affordable contracts because they want to be on a team that is in win now mode, they both love the city, and those 2 and ekholm are all best friends that do everything together. So in other words the are players that are comfortable in Nashville and want to stay and play here.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll