Forums/Armchair-GM

Unlikely but what Id do for G6

Created by: TKspiritanimal
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 20, 2020
Published: Aug. 20, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Flyers need to get the big guns going. this top line was sick in the past.

Can't have Thompson and Grant as bottom two centers, it just does not work. Need some speed and creativity in the bottom six without stranding Giroux next to Grant

Would love to see Frost hop in at 3C and bump laughton back but that seems unrealistic at this point
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$72,061,984$0$745,000$9,438,016
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 2
$678,889$678,889
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:32 a.m.
Laughton 3C and Grant at 4C. Rest of lineup is what i go with too.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:40 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Raffl - Thompson - Pitlick
JVR - Grant - Aube-Kubel
Farabee - Giroux - Konecny
Voracek - Couturier - Hayes

PLEASE
msekkes and csick liked this.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:51 a.m.
KFTW
Coming from a Sens fan who also had Nate Thomson and Guy Boucher played him like a 1C, i understand your frustrations.
TKspiritanimal liked this.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:52 a.m.
Quoting: MaxDomi13
JVR - Grant - Aube-Kubel

PLEASE

Only if Price is on the bench, then we have a deal
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:53 a.m.
TKspiritanimal
Quoting: krzyk0
Laughton 3C and Grant at 4C. Rest of lineup is what i go with too.

I'd be fine with this too and its certainly more realistic i'd guess too
Aug. 20, 2020 at 8:56 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: MaxDomi13
JVR - Grant - Aube-Kubel

PLEASE

VORACEK
Aug. 20, 2020 at 9:06 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
That's AV for ya wink
Aug. 20, 2020 at 9:22 a.m.
TKspiritanimal
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
That's AV for ya wink

It's weird because he really didn't do that after Stewart got his cup of coffee this year. He trusted the young guys and for the most part, they delivered. hoping he goes back to it
Aug. 20, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
Michael
I like Thompson & NAK, I really like Grant, I love Pitlick, Raffl and Laughton BUT!!! They are all bottom six players who are at times sprinkled in the top six

I don't know why Konecny, Giroux, JVR, Couts, Hayes and Until last night Jake aren't scoring but you would think instead of sprinkling those bottom six players in the top six for the love of GOD insert Frost in the line-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next year if you can't trade Giroux and Voracek then they need to play on the third line. They look old and very slow as does Couts

Every now and then we as Flyers fans get tricked into thinking the Flyers are a lot better than they are (2010) and right now they are not a number one seed, they are at best a #4 and nowhere close to a long playoff run
Aug. 20, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
Quoting: Roscoe
I like Thompson & NAK, I really like Grant, I love Pitlick, Raffl and Laughton BUT!!! They are all bottom six players who are at times sprinkled in the top six

I don't know why Konecny, Giroux, JVR, Couts, Hayes and Until last night Jake aren't scoring but you would think instead of sprinkling those bottom six players in the top six for the love of GOD insert Frost in the line-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next year if you can't trade Giroux and Voracek then they need to play on the third line. They look old and very slow as does Couts

Every now and then we as Flyers fans get tricked into thinking the Flyers are a lot better than they are (2010) and right now they are not a number one seed, they are at best a #4 and nowhere close to a long playoff run

This is a terrible hot take..... sure G hasn't looked great in the series but he's been on the ice from most of the Flyers goals this series and you can't be serious about trading him right? Coots has never been fast but he's a well positioned player and brings a hell of a lot more the the table than just scoring goals. The teams is under performing no doubt they need to pick it up but Montreal was probably the worst match up for them style wise since they play a similar game to the Flyers as well as the Flyers always play down to their competition. Coots, G, and Jake are starting to get it going I understand being frustrated but this isn't 2015 with the "trade Giroux" takes anymore blaming him after he's been one of the sole reasons this team has made the playoffs since 2013 is ridiculous
Aug. 20, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
Michael
Quoting: flyersarephilly
This is a terrible hot take..... sure G hasn't looked great in the series but he's been on the ice from most of the Flyers goals this series and you can't be serious about trading him right? Coots has never been fast but he's a well positioned player and brings a hell of a lot more the the table than just scoring goals. The teams is under performing no doubt they need to pick it up but Montreal was probably the worst match up for them style wise since they play a similar game to the Flyers as well as the Flyers always play down to their competition. Coots, G, and Jake are starting to get it going I understand being frustrated but this isn't 2015 with the "trade Giroux" takes anymore blaming him after he's been one of the sole reasons this team has made the playoffs since 2013 is ridiculous

Im not saying to trade him, Im saying you won't be able to trade him. I think my point is you can't and shouldn't rely on him to play first line minutes for the entire season. I may have been a bit overboard saying he is a third line player but I think he is no longer first line. having said that there currently isn't any one on the roster who is better and that's the problem.

I certainly don't blame him for the the Flyers poor play as much as I blame the whole team and coaching staff.

As far as Couts if Flyer fans want to talk about him in the same breath as Bergeron than he better start playing like it.

Jake? sorry, never liked him. he had one monster year and basically all he does now is skate around real fast hoping the puck stays on his stick

I would like to see G finish out his career with the Flyers in the manner Justin Williams is finishing with Carolina.
Aug. 20, 2020 at 6:03 p.m.
Im not saying to trade him, Im saying you won't be able to trade him. I think my point is you can't and shouldn't rely on him to play first line minutes for the entire season. I may have been a bit overboard saying he is a third line player but I think he is no longer first line. having said that there currently isn't any one on the roster who is better and that's the problem.

I certainly don't blame him for the the Flyers poor play as much as I blame the whole team and coaching staff.

As far as Couts if Flyer fans want to talk about him in the same breath as Bergeron than he better start playing like it.

Jake? sorry, never liked him. he had one monster year and basically all he does now is skate around real fast hoping the puck stays on his stick

I would like to see G finish out his career with the Flyers in the manner Justin Williams is finishing with Carolina.

How are you going to say that Couturier shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Bergeron? Although he hasn't scored a goal in this playoffs he has been on the ice for a majority of the goals for and very few goals against and quietly has 5 points in the series where Bergeron had one more point in the Bruins series. Couturier has another level to get to but to act like Bergeron is completely out performing him is crazy.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 2:10 a.m.
Edited Aug. 21, 2020 at 2:16 a.m.

Coots hasn't been as dominant as he has been during the season, but he's got quite a few assist, and the Canadiens are stout, Coots is fighting off Shea Weber and Chariot in front of the net. He's looking slow out there because he's battling two mammoth size defensemen. This series isn't a pretty series, because thats how the Canadiens are. What Coots does amazingly well doesn't always stick out on the stat sheet. Both of Voracek's goals had Coots right in front of the net. He requires a lot of attention opening up chances for his teammates.

NOW, to address a lot of the Thompson hate earlier in the posts. Thompson is a player we need on line 4 in a series like this! With that said, we should reduce that ice time quite a bit, but this is such a physical series so I do believe he is necessary on line 4. The Flyers need Thompson out there to match the physicality brought by the Canadiens especially in this next game to protect our top line talent, because the Canadiens have already been head hunting, but after the Gallagher fiasco things are going to get bad real fast.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
Michael
Quoting: flyersarephilly
How are you going to say that Couturier shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Bergeron? Although he hasn't scored a goal in this playoffs he has been on the ice for a majority of the goals for and very few goals against and quietly has 5 points in the series where Bergeron had one more point in the Bruins series. Couturier has another level to get to but to act like Bergeron is completely out performing him is crazy.

I feel like you're not getting what I'm saying and maybe thats my fault

my Couts comments are not just related to this playoff season. Bergeron has proved over the years he is and still is a guy who can carry the team when it matters. now its Coots turn
flyersarephilly liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll