Forums/Armchair-GM

Game 6 vs Habs if Nisky is suspended

Created by: flyersarephilly
Team: 2019-20 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 19, 2020
Published: Aug. 20, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If Niskanen is suspended it's pretty obvious that Ghosr draws back into the line up and we've seen him and Provorov work well as a pair before. Also I don't really want to split up the Sanheim Myers pairing and then have to move Braun up since he hasn't looked all that hot during this series. You could also put Friedman in but I don't know how I feel about him playing in a game 6 with no actual playoff experience.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$70,273,651$0$532,500$11,226,349
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 6
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$678,889$678,889
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 20, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
Ralph
Hopefully NAK is healthy. If so, I agree with the lineup. Please get Thompson off the ice AV....
Aug. 20, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: MGabes19
Hopefully NAK is healthy. If so, I agree with the lineup. Please get Thompson off the ice AV....

If he's not healthy I would like to see them put Raffl on the third line with Laughton and JVR and have Bunnaman on the fourth where I have Raffl
Aug. 20, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
This is gutsy to say, but I'd give Friedman the time over Ghost. Although no playoff experience, Ghost has been brutal and I think it's time to give up on him sadly frown
Aug. 20, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
Quoting: carterhart
This is gutsy to say, but I'd give Friedman the time over Ghost. Although no playoff experience, Ghost has been brutal and I think it's time to give up on him sadly frown

That was a thought I had also but I just don't know if I trust putting him in a game 6 with no playoff experience. I thought Ghost was good in the round robin and exhibition game and was alright in game 2 but made noticeable mistakes which made him catch more flack for his play. Maybe putting him with the guy who he played with in the best season of his career will give him some confidence and since he seems like he's able to make those dynamic moves again maybe he'll thrive when he knows he has Provy to back him up.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 1:54 a.m.
LONG POST ALERT:

This is what you would do, correct? I like it, except Raffl has played too well recently to be on line 4.

Watching the last few games, AV has no desire to scratch Thompson, and in all honesty we need him in there on the 4th line, just not as much ice time. People in all the forums are anti-Thompson. He shouldn't get that much ice time, but he definitely doesn't need to be scratched in a physical series like this. Canadiens are looking for blood, and we need a physical player that we can afford to put in the box if people start head hunting our top line. He brings a physicality that we struggled to match early in the series. Also, I don't see AV putting Raffl on line 4. Raffl has been rather effective, I'm not a huge fan of him on line 1 necessarily, like AV is, but that line has had its moments. He's probably gonna keep Bunnaman over NAK, Bunnaman played well in the last game. JVR will most likely be a healthy scratch again. I think we see similar lines in game 6 as game 5, but with all that said this is what I would do:

Farabee - Coots - Voracek
G - Hayes - TK
Raffl - Grant - Laughton
NAK - Thompson - Pitlick.

Now that brings us to the defensive issue.

Provy - Hagg. (I think this is a great solution, Hagg can fill in on the right side in a 1 game pinch, and has been MOSTLY solid, it also keeps the Sanheim -Myers pair in tact)
Sanheim - Myers (Chemistry pair right here)
Ghost - Braun (Ghost is about as sporadic as can be and thats being generous, pair him with mister reliable on the 3rd pair).

I love AV and think all the hype he's getting right now is warranted. He has had this team playing to their potential. The Canadiens are a bad stylistic matchup for us, and we hit a little snag. AV has got us in the right direction, and I don't mind his unique tweaks mid game, sending messages, evening out lines, because a lot of the times it works. Hakstol wouldn't change a thing, and it always drove me mad.

Finally, No need to panic, if we lose game 6, then I start to sweat.
Aug. 21, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
Quoting: Mintyfresh
LONG POST ALERT:

This is what you would do, correct? I like it, except Raffl has played too well recently to be on line 4.

Watching the last few games, AV has no desire to scratch Thompson, and in all honesty we need him in there on the 4th line, just not as much ice time. People in all the forums are anti-Thompson. He shouldn't get that much ice time, but he definitely doesn't need to be scratched in a physical series like this. Canadiens are looking for blood, and we need a physical player that we can afford to put in the box if people start head hunting our top line. He brings a physicality that we struggled to match early in the series. Also, I don't see AV putting Raffl on line 4. Raffl has been rather effective, I'm not a huge fan of him on line 1 necessarily, like AV is, but that line has had its moments. He's probably gonna keep Bunnaman over NAK, Bunnaman played well in the last game. JVR will most likely be a healthy scratch again. I think we see similar lines in game 6 as game 5, but with all that said this is what I would do:

Farabee - Coots - Voracek
G - Hayes - TK
Raffl - Grant - Laughton
NAK - Thompson - Pitlick.

Now that brings us to the defensive issue.

Provy - Hagg. (I think this is a great solution, Hagg can fill in on the right side in a 1 game pinch, and has been MOSTLY solid, it also keeps the Sanheim -Myers pair in tact)
Sanheim - Myers (Chemistry pair right here)
Ghost - Braun (Ghost is about as sporadic as can be and thats being generous, pair him with mister reliable on the 3rd pair).

I love AV and think all the hype he's getting right now is warranted. He has had this team playing to their potential. The Canadiens are a bad stylistic matchup for us, and we hit a little snag. AV has got us in the right direction, and I don't mind his unique tweaks mid game, sending messages, evening out lines, because a lot of the times it works. Hakstol wouldn't change a thing, and it always drove me mad.

Finally, No need to panic, if we lose game 6, then I start to sweat.

NAK only is out of the line up because he is 'Unfit to play" the minute he is able to play I believe he will be back in the line up and I'm hoping that it's rather soon since I've really liked the way he was playing. He's a fast skilled players who isn't afraid of throwing his body around and that's something i feel like we were missing last game. As for Thompson I understand what you're saying as to why they should keep him in the line up if things start to boil over from last game which I think they will but his usage is way too much and I'm not crazy as Grant as a 3C he's been fine but I feel like his skill set is more fit for 4C. My biggest problem with the defense now that Niskanen is suspended is that Hagg has been fine no doubt but a lot of the time he's on the ice the shift is spent in the defensive zone. I'm sure it could work with Hagg with Provorov but the Ghost Braun pairing has been brutal when they've played together so I really want to avoid that at all costs. I feel like that Sanheim-Myers pair is going to have to be split up and I bet the pairings will look like

Provorov-Sanheim
Ghost-Myers
Hagg-Braun

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll