Forums/Armchair-GM

Flames Full End of Season Review

Created by: Alfie11
Team: 2020-21 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 21, 2020
Published: Aug. 22, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Result wasn't good enough. Here's a full analysis.

GM: Brad Treliving. He'll keep his job for now, but this his last coach before he's the one on the hot seat imo. If the next coach gets fired, he's out the door with him.
Coach: Gerard Gallant or Bruce Boudreau. Game 6 shows Ward lacks the tactical skills required under pressure in a big game. He got outcoached for sure. Gallant and Boudreau are both very good coaches, give one of them however much they want. I prefer Gallant but maybe a hardass like Boudreau is what this group needs. I'm talking blank cheque here, you NEED a legitimate coach like one of these guys. I'm tired of mediocre guys that last 2 years like Gulutzan or Peters, get someone that has had actual success in the past.
PK Coach: Dunno who was in charge of the PK but this pillar thing or whatever is pathetic, the fact that we didn't give up more goals on the PK is a miracle. Get someone who will tell them to do an aggressive box.
Captain: Matthew Tkachuk. Love Gio, but Chucky is clearly the heart and soul of this team and deserves the C. With him in the lineup I'm almost certain we go to OT in that 5-4 loss where they scored in the last minute, and we 100% don't give up that goal with 12 seconds left when we were winning, so we would have potentially finished the series in 5, or at least been up 3-2 going into game 6.

Untouchables:
- Matthew Tkachuk. Means so much to this team. Brings it every night. Talented, annoying, physical, motivated, should be the captain. He's not leaving.
- Rasmus Andersson. He's our 1RD for the long haul and the only right shot in the system lol, he's not leaving either.
- Juuso Valimaki. Future 1LD, he's been hurt so you wouldn't get full value for him but he's so good, one of our few good prospects, and probably our only prospect that will be elite.
- Dillon Dube. Young, talented, future top six player. Can't trade him, he's too good and too young.

Almost untouchable:
- Elias Lindholm. 1RW or 2C (maybe 1C if we get a great 1RW?) he's a fringe Selke candidate who can score 30 and push a point per game, locked up at under 5mil for 4 more years. If he gets traded it needs to be a significant overpay.
- Johnny Gaudreau. I firmly believe he is not the problem here, talented playmakers capable of getting 100 points are EXTREMELY rare, you need to charge through the teeth if you move Johnny. People who only look at the numbers his year will try to significantly underpay, you can't move him for that, watch him play and tell me he's not talented. He needs a linemate who can finish plays.
- Mikael Backlund, Mark Giordano. These guys are older and you won't get full value for them. Worth more on the ice/in the room than in a trade.

Don't want to trade but will consider:
- Sam Bennett. Our best player 2 playoffs in a row. He's on a good deal, I'm fine with him being a 3rd liner all year if he dominates in the playoffs like that. Stop offering picks and old goalies for him for the love of god he's worth more than that we don't want your garbage. Could see him getting moved as part of a package for a true 1C or 1RW sniper.
- Andrew Mangiapane. Young, cheap, RFA, he should probably just be kept and hope he develops further but I'd be willing to talk about him.
- Jakob Pelletier, Glenn Gawdin, Tyler Parsons, Dustin Wolf. Our best prospects outside Valimaki, would be nice to keep them around but might have to sacrifice one or two of them. All other prospects are on the table imo.

On the trade block:
Sean Monahan, Milan Lucic (lol maybe some team will look at his playoffs and ignore the contract), Derek Ryan, Mark Jankowski, David Rittich, prospects (Pettersen, Zavgorodny, Phillips, Ruzicka, etc.)

UFAs:
In net, I'd go for Lehner or Markstrom, and if we get one, signing a cheap backup too and trading Rittich is probably the play but I wouldn't mind keeping Rittich to take 45% of the games so the starter is rested for playoffs. Otherwise I'm fine with re-signing Talbot I guess.

On defense we need a top 4 RHD. They're probably just gonna re-sign one of Brodie or Hamonic (probably Brodie), but if they both walk we need to get someone like DeMelo, Tanev, or Vatanen. DeMelo would be the best option imo, a right shot guy who you can trust to actually hold a damn lead. I would also keep Gustafsson. He probably has to play 3RD but I like him on PP1, gives Gio a break, managing his ice time will be important. Forbort was nice to have as a depth piece, particularly without Hamonic, but he probably walks too. Stone is a good 8th D for league min. I'm interested to see where college signing Mackey fits in tbh, hopefully he makes an impact but it's not a big deal if he doesn't.

Up front, Rieder has definitely earned a new contract. Quine and Robinson are worth keeping around as depth forwards. Czarnik can walk. Rinaldo idc, if he signs league min then sure but he'll probably get offered a little more by like Toronto and he's not an important piece.

Needs:
- Two top 6 forwards, not left wingers. One of them has to be a guy capable of scoring 40 goals and be above a point per game. Johnny with a guy like that sounds lethal. So yeah one of them has to be a definite top line guy, preferably centre but I'll take a RW and slide Lindholm to 1C if I have to. If it's a RW we will then need a 2C, Backlund needs to get bumped down to 3C where he can thrive as a shutdown guy (and I'm assuming Monahan is gone in the deal for the top line player). If we get a true 1C who can score more prolifically than Monahan, knows how to find the open areas, and tries hard every night, then the second top 6 guy can be a RW like Hoffman or Toffoli. Ideally Dube or Mangiapane develop into a legitimate top 6 RW and Lindholm can be moved to 2C. We aren't winning with this forward group unless one of Mangiapane or Dube becomes a 2 goal, 60 point guy, and the other becomes a 40 goal, point per game guy, and Lindholm moves to 1C bumping Mony to 2C. I'm not holding my breath for this to happen, I really like Dube, and I'm ok with Mangiapane, but I think absolute ceiling for both is being the 60 point guy, so we need to find that elite top-liner somehow. Maybe it's Zavgorodny if he's a late bloomer lol he's had plenty of practice producing with an elite LW.
- A clutch starter. They probably keep Talbot+Rittich which is infuriating, that's a stable, pretty good regular season combo, but you need a guy who's just gonna decide to not let in any more goals for 2 months. I'd rather them cough up 6 or 7 mil long term for Lehner or Markstrom. I'd even accept dealing Rittich for Andersen like Toronto fans seem to want, as long as we sign Greiss/Khudobin/Talbot for no more than 3 mil to be his backup. Andersen hasn't been spectacular in the playoffs yet, but they also play him 60 games a year, maybe a better D corps and more rest will help him, cuz he has shown flashes.
- Right defense. Andersson is the only right shot signed past this year. I've shown the most likely case, which is sign two left shots to play RD. Brodie's obviously been good at RD for a while and Gus can probably hold down 3RD minutes but I would prefer a guy like DeMelo back there, this whole team just collapsed defensively at times (see: the second period of game 6 and late in games 2 and 4, not that they were spectacular earlier in those games either). Need a shutdown guy you can rely on to be a rock.
- Depth forwards with offensive upside. Ryan is a defensive 4C and that's fine but he's making too much to never contribute anything offensively. I like Rieder and he can score on breakaways/shorthanded sometimes so that's fine.

Don't think that just because the Flames underwhelmed this year they're in a rush to sell. Return for Johnny has to be 4 young, good pieces (at least 2 NHL ready) imo. E.g. Marino+Poulin+15oa+McCann+4th or Suzuki+Gallagher+16oa+Romanov or Necas+Pesce+Bokk+13oa. You're getting the guy tied for 9th most points over the last 6 years (which is all of his years in the NHL) and he has top 10 hands in the league. The excuse "oh we don't really need him" is one I've seen a lot but that holds no water, if you don't need him don't trade for him, if you do want him, pay for him, end of story.

As for Monahan, he'd probably be dealt in a package deal for a better top line player if he was dealt, but if not he would command either elite prospect+early 1st or decent, young top 6 player+high-end prospect+1st. I'm even inclined to think this might be a little low, he's scored 20 all 7 years he's been in the league, and he's been a pretty consistent 30 goal guy since his sophomore year (most goals from the 2013 draft class, which includes MacKinnon+Barkov, 15th most goals over last 6 years, on a really good deal for 3 more years).

I highly doubt they trade both Johnny and Mony but I hope they're smart enough to make a major change or two to the top 6, find a true starter, and find a shutdown guy for the right side on the back end. Anyway these are my thoughts on what the Flames need to do. It's infuriating because they're clearly only a handful of pieces away from being a legitimate contender instead of perennial pretender, and they haven't done anything about most of these issues (cough goalie cough) for years.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$850,000
2$2,250,000
2$800,000
2$950,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$4,250,000
2$2,500,000
1$700,000
1$700,000
1$700,000
2$900,000
3$3,250,000
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,326,666$0$457,500$9,173,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 4
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,550,000$2,550,000
C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 4
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
@Ledge_And_Dairy @cgy_flame_fan @Silent_Warrior thoughts? Am I close here or off-base somewhere? Any other people feel free to chime in too, I just know you guys are flames fans that have been commenting recently.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Interesting read, I think the head coach will definitely be the first thing to go, I agree on Gallant. I think the team (at least the first line) needs to go back to a rush style instead of dump and chase. Clearly it was effect last year. In Chicago, Colliton was told to stop enforcing a dump and chase system. You don't do that when you have a player like Kane. I hope the team give it 1 more shot before blowing up but idk for sure.
Alfie11 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Give me an example of what you would want from NY for monahan?
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:15 p.m.
CGY
I think Treliving still has a couple more seasons until he's on the hot seat. The mandate from ownership has pretty much always been "just get to the playoffs" and he's done that in 4 of the 6 seasons as GM. As a fan, I disagree with that philosophy as you end up being painfully mediocre, but ownership doesn't see it that way. They just want that playoff revenue.

As for coaching, this is in all likelihood his last hire, unless the new coach goes on a 6yr run. I wouldn't hold my breath on a big name coach, the Flames always go cheap on coaches and management. There's probably a better chance that Darryl Sutter is behind the Calgary bench than Gerard Gallant next year.

I have no idea what the market is for Gaudreau or Monahan. Based off of the trends of past deals, I think it starts with a 1st and one of an organizations's best prospects. It could be a "hockey trade" too, but again, no idea who will even be on the market.

They do need to add an actual starter, but I doubt they will. Treliving treats the goaltending position like a running back in football, he cheaps out on it and is reluctant to pay much for it.
Alfie11 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:17 p.m.
CGY
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Give me an example of what you would want from NY for monahan?

Which prospects are untouchable?
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: ItWasIn
Which prospects are untouchable?

Miller and not-hank I guess
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:27 p.m.
CGY
Miller and not-hank I guess

That's too bad, I think Lundkvist would be who they really want.

Maybe Kravtsov, but it seems there may be a bit of an ego. At least that's what it looks like from afar
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:29 p.m.
Rangers 2023
That's too bad, I think Lundkvist would be who they really want.

Maybe Kravtsov, but it seems there may be a bit of an ego. At least that's what it looks like from afar

Ego is usually some garbage narrative, kravtsov is fine, i'd rather do deangelo than nils
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:31 p.m.
CGY
Ego is usually some garbage narrative, kravtsov is fine, i'd rather do deangelo than nils

What I would worry about is what Deangelo is gonna get paid, that's what scares me away
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:33 p.m.
Rangers 2023
What I would worry about is what Deangelo is gonna get paid, that's what scares me away

shouldn't get more than 6
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.

ADA is too defensively deficient and we have enough PP options imo. Kakko, Lundkvist, and Chytil would probably be the most interesting prospects for Calgary, particularly Chytil, I like his shot and I think he could be a top 6 centre in a couple years (is that a valid assumption? Admittedly don’t know a whole lot about him). Anyone with a good shot is probably a good fit with Gaudreau though. I like Kravtsov but we don’t have any Russians so that probably isn’t a fit. Apparently you need a Russian or two to ever get another Russian lol
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Alfie11
ADA is too defensively deficient and we have enough PP options imo. Kakko, Lundkvist, and Chytil would probably be the most interesting prospects for Calgary, particularly Chytil, I like his shot and I think he could be a top 6 centre in a couple years (is that a valid assumption? Admittedly don’t know a whole lot about him). Anyone with a good shot is probably a good fit with Gaudreau though. I like Kravtsov but we don’t have any Russians so that probably isn’t a fit. Apparently you need a Russian or two to ever get another Russian lol

Dont think dallas had any russians when they got radulov but yeah lmao, and kakko and chytil arent prospects anymore, nils is a no-go, would chytil and the canes 1st get it done?
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Goaltending is such a volatile position, that it doesn't make much sense to splurge for a "starter". You're best off to go with someone good enough, and hope things break your way. Though Murray was hot when he came in, he's fell a pretty long way and probably wasn't all that good in the first place. Binnington performed significantly worse this year too. Talbot wasn't the reason the Flames were eliminated.

I would agree with your estimation of Gaudreau, he isn't the problem and moving Monahan would be preferable. I think you overrate Lindholm, he's alright on defense, but he certainly wont be contending for the Selke. A lot of his scoring is because of who he plays with. He's versatile, works well with everyone, is on a good deal, and can play center in a pinch but he probably isn't a driver. I do think you underestimate Mangipane, who has bloomed into one of Calgary's best 5v5 forwards. Him, Backlund, and Tkachuk were very good this year and were a legitimate power v power line. It isn't an accident that Ryan and Bennett fell off again after than line was dissolved.

People love playoff Sam Bennett, but his 350 + regular season games are probably more telling as to what he actually is. If someone offers you on over pay, the Flames would be wise to sell high on him.

Tampa Bay are an interesting team to me, and I wonder if Cirelli could be had, as they're going to have to move some cap space. Brayden Point would be the absolute perfect fit here, but it's hard to see Tampa being desperate enough to move him. Provided he's available, though, the Flames should give Tampa virtually whatever they want for him.

On the defense, bringing Brodie back seems like a good decision, unless they move one of their top forwards for a Dman. I'm not really enthralled with Gustafsson, but if he wanted back for cheap (sub $2M) you probably do it for a year or two. Valamaki is good and I hope he's able to step into the lineup next season, however I am worried about that knee. How nice would it be to have had Mark Stone?
Alfie11 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 11:50 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: The_Gaudfather
Goaltending is such a volatile position, that it doesn't make much sense to splurge for a "starter". You're best off to go with someone good enough, and hope things break your way. Though Murray was hot when he came in, he's fell a pretty long way and probably wasn't all that good in the first place. Binnington performed significantly worse this year too. Talbot wasn't the reason the Flames were eliminated.

I would agree with your estimation of Gaudreau, he isn't the problem and moving Monahan would be preferable. I think you overrate Lindholm, he's alright on defense, but he certainly wont be contending for the Selke. A lot of his scoring is because of who he plays with. He's versatile, works well with everyone, is on a good deal, and can play center in a pinch but he probably isn't a driver. I do think you underestimate Mangipane, who has bloomed into one of Calgary's best 5v5 forwards. Him, Backlund, and Tkachuk were very good this year and were a legitimate power v power line. It isn't an accident that Ryan and Bennett fell off again after than line was dissolved.

People love playoff Sam Bennett, but his 350 + regular season games are probably more telling as to what he actually is. If someone offers you on over pay, the Flames would be wise to sell high on him.

Tampa Bay are an interesting team to me, and I wonder if Cirelli could be had, as they're going to have to move some cap space. Brayden Point would be the absolute perfect fit here, but it's hard to see Tampa being desperate enough to move him. Provided he's available, though, the Flames should give Tampa virtually whatever they want for him.

On the defense, bringing Brodie back seems like a good decision, unless they move one of their top forwards for a Dman. I'm not really enthralled with Gustafsson, but if he wanted back for cheap (sub $2M) you probably do it for a year or two. Valamaki is good and I hope he's able to step into the lineup next season, however I am worried about that knee. How nice would it be to have had Mark Stone?

good lord mark stone on the flames would be nuts, that or the bruins
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
CGY

The Flames typically haven’t picked Russians, but that’s changed recently, they have Zavgorodny and Nikolayev that they’ve drafted and signed Yelesin and Zagidulin out of the K

Dont think dallas had any russians when they got radulov but yeah lmao, and kakko and chytil arent prospects anymore, nils is a no-go, would chytil and the canes 1st get it done?

I think the Flames would be less inclined to trade Monahan than Gaudreau, so I think it would take a significant overpay from NYR.

Something like
CAR 1st
Kravtsov
Chytil
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:19 a.m.

I think you would have to add something to Chytil and the Canes 1st, depending on Chytil’s ceiling/development to date. Again, he’s a guy I haven’t followed too closely, if he’s a surefire top 6 C inside 3 years I say only a minor piece, if he’s more like 50/50 whether he’s a top 6 guy or an energy guy it would have to be a more significant piece.

I agree Talbot wasn’t the problem (and Smith wasn’t last year either) but I just think every team that goes deep has a definite starter. Idk, if one gets super hot every year for playoffs that’s fine but that seems like playing with fire.

I don’t think Lindholm will win the Selke but he’ll be in the conversation (he was 10th in voting last year, that’s the type of guy I think he is, top 10-15 consistently). I may have underestimated Mang a bit but he had a horrible playoffs imo, probably our second worst forward for most of it. I’d like to see him take a significant step next year, prove he can be relied upon as a 2nd line winger, instead of being just our default option there. Selling high on Bennett would depend on the offer. I’m honestly fine with him at 3C, at least he puts in consistent effort every night and shows up in the playoffs (poor man’s Franzen type of guy).

I would give the sun and the moon for Point (Monahan+Valimaki+something else is on the table for me) and Cirelli would be a fantastic target as well, we’d have so many 2-way guys with Cirelli+Backlund+Lindholm all top-15 Selke guys. I actually had Tampa pegged as a target anyway, even if those guys are off the table, TyJo would be a solid option as another top 6 weapon and he’ll probably come cheap due to their cap constraints.

My biggest regret with this team was hearing we were SO close to landing Mark Stone, but the sticking point was Valimaki. Vegas was willing to give up Brannstrom, our max offer was Kylington I think. I would have given up Valimaki tbh, Stone woulda been so perfect for this team, he’s the embodiment of everything they were lacking this playoffs.
The_Gaudfather liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
Rangers 2023
I think you would have to add something to Chytil and the Canes 1st, depending on Chytil’s ceiling/development to date. Again, he’s a guy I haven’t followed too closely, if he’s a surefire top 6 C inside 3 years I say only a minor piece, if he’s more like 50/50 whether he’s a top 6 guy or an energy guy it would have to be a more significant piece.

He centered KZB when mika was injured for a good stretch mid season and looked amazing, off the charts advanced stats/possesion numbers, he could be a top 6 guy by next season if you play your cards right
Alfie11 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:28 a.m.

I agree Talbot wasn’t the problem (and Smith wasn’t last year either) but I just think every team that goes deep has a definite starter. Idk, if one gets super hot every year for playoffs that’s fine but that seems like playing with fire.

I don’t think Lindholm will win the Selke but he’ll be in the conversation (he was 10th in voting last year, that’s the type of guy I think he is, top 10-15 consistently). I may have underestimated Mang a bit but he had a horrible playoffs imo, probably our second worst forward for most of it. I’d like to see him take a significant step next year, prove he can be relied upon as a 2nd line winger, instead of being just our default option there. Selling high on Bennett would depend on the offer. I’m honestly fine with him at 3C, at least he puts in consistent effort every night and shows up in the playoffs (poor man’s Franzen type of guy).

I would give the sun and the moon for Point (Monahan+Valimaki+something else is on the table for me) and Cirelli would be a fantastic target as well, we’d have so many 2-way guys with Cirelli+Backlund+Lindholm all top-15 Selke guys. I actually had Tampa pegged as a target anyway, even if those guys are off the table, TyJo would be a solid option as another top 6 weapon and he’ll probably come cheap due to their cap constraints.

My biggest regret with this team was hearing we were SO close to landing Mark Stone, but the sticking point was Valimaki. Vegas was willing to give up Brannstrom, our max offer was Kylington I think. I would have given up Valimaki tbh, Stone woulda been so perfect for this team, he’s the embodiment of everything they were lacking this playoffs.

I agree, I think not pulling the trigger on the Stone trade was a massive mistake. At the end of the day, Val and a 1st is not fair value for Stone and Calgary could of capitalized.
Alfie11 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
I agree, I think not pulling the trigger on the Stone trade was a massive mistake. At the end of the day, Val and a 1st is not fair value for Stone and Calgary could of capitalized.

Yeah it might have made contracts weird but I think we could have found a taker for Ryan and paid to dump Lucic to make room. The second biggest regret is we almost had a Brodie+Jankowski for Kadri deal but he declined it, cuz he got one decline and wanted to stay in TO iirc? Idk but he nixed it, if they’d proposed the COL deal to him first and we wound up with him I think that woulda been a huge boost for this team, when he’s not suspended he’s a playoff beast too, fits his style perfectly.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:54 a.m.
Yeah it might have made contracts weird but I think we could have found a taker for Ryan and paid to dump Lucic to make room. The second biggest regret is we almost had a Brodie+Jankowski for Kadri deal but he declined it, cuz he got one decline and wanted to stay in TO iirc? Idk but he nixed it, if they’d proposed the COL deal to him first and we wound up with him I think that woulda been a huge boost for this team, when he’s not suspended he’s a playoff beast too, fits his style perfectly.

Lucic was still with Edmonton at the time but I wonder if something couldn't have been done with Neale. The Kadri trade would also have bolstered the forward group. Brodie did have another strong season this year and I wonder if the D is compromised without him. But Janko is garbage and it would have been funny to watch TO realize just how garbage. I bet had Kadri thought he wasn't being shopped, he would have accepted the 1st trade to Calgary. Sounded like he thought he was going to stay put had he declined.
Alfie11 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll