Forums/Armchair-GM

Looking for D men offers

Created by: Trevor31lv
Team: 2019-20 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 23, 2020
Published: Aug. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Looking to hear offers for Columbus D men. The team has a ton of depth at the position and will likely move one in the off season. The team would mainly be looking at Nutivaara and Murray. Savard is obviously appealing to other teams, but he's a big part of the locker room so it may be tough to pry him away. Those would be the main 3, but feel free to have some fun with any of the other guys as long as the deal makes sense.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
31$81,500,000$69,301,707$0$4,707,500$12,198,293
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$5,850,000$5,850,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
C
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$897,500$897,500
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$864,167$864,167
C, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,062,500$1,062,500
RD
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
G
UFA - 1
$1,633,333$1,633,333
LD
UFA - 3
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166
LD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 23, 2020 at 1:58 a.m.
You’re going to hear a lot of Marner for Jones, or Kapanen for Savard...

Tbh a Savard for Holl and a 2nd or something trade would work. I also don’t see Columbus moving a d unless they have to. None of them are going to get us a 2nd line center and all have their issues.

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable
Savard- top 4 RHD (tbh Columbus should try and get him extended if he is willing to have a decent team friendly contract)
Murray- Top 4 LHD, seems like he’s always injured heavily drops his value (might as well keep him if the offer isn’t right)
Nuttivaara- 3rd pair LHD- he can play the right side but for some reason fell out of favor with torts.
Kukan- 3rd pair LHD- hes still improving, I’d hold onto him if at all possible
Harrington- he can just go
Carlsson- worth holding onto for a 3rd pair LHD after the expansion draft
Peeke- only top 4 RHD prospect. He’s off the table.

IMO Murray or Savard are the ones gone.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 2:06 a.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18

Tbh a Savard for Holl and a 2nd or something trade would work. I also don’t see Columbus moving a d unless they have to. None of them are going to get us a 2nd line center and all have their issues.

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable
Savard- top 4 RHD (tbh Columbus should try and get him extended if he is willing to have a decent team friendly contract)
Murray- Top 4 LHD, seems like he’s always injured heavily drops his value (might as well keep him if the offer isn’t right)
Nuttivaara- 3rd pair LHD- he can play the right side but for some reason fell out of favor with torts.

I basically completely agree with you, I just feel like a move is coming. I know we've had rumors of them being in talks to trade a forward + D man for a forward.
Moving Murray would be the best option imo for the combo of him having a bigger cap hit and the injury issues. Obviously though, those are negatives for any team trading for him. I don't think he gets moved unless Columbus would retain or as a part of a bigger deal. Savard being one of the big guys in the locker room makes it a lot harder to move him (and that's not even fa

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable

I basically agree with your assessment on everyone, I just think someone ends up getting moved. I know there have been rumors about them moving a forward + D for a forward. I'd prefer to get Murray cause of the cap hit and injuries, but those are negative for any receiving team. I think the only way he gets moved is as part of a bigger deal or if Columbus retains some salary. Savard is terrific on the ice and a major part of the locker room, so I don't see him moved unless they're blown away. I think Nuti would be the most likely to get moved if something does end up happening.

Really agree on everything you said about the players, especially Peeke and Harrington
Aug. 23, 2020 at 2:19 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable

David savard for 2021 2nd + 3rd or prospect (duzak) Columbus GM before trade agrees on a 5 year 4.5mill deal before he's moved and Dubas signs off on it. If that scenario happened it would be perfect as savard is the perfect partner for rielly
Aug. 23, 2020 at 7:20 a.m.

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable

I would think Nutivaara is the one who gets moved.
Ajp_18 and pinslack liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 7:23 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
David savard for 2021 2nd + 3rd or prospect (duzak) Columbus GM before trade agrees on a 5 year 4.5mill deal before he's moved and Dubas signs off on it. If that scenario happened it would be perfect as savard is the perfect partner for rielly

If Savard is coming with an extension his price goes up significantly. Savard to me is a play if I am Jarmo I don't move. Good player solid and blocks shots and is very durable.
Viqsi and Ajp_18 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 9:23 a.m.
Banned
Savard is worth a late round 1st as a rental.
If he comes with an extension he'd get significantly more.

I think is extension is in the 4-4.5 range, but it's a flat cap world so we'll see.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
I like your "taking offers" concept, but Gav and Peeke are the only two I'd be interested in and you say they're off the table. I guess I go home with my tail between my legs.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 11:27 a.m.

Jones- untouchable
Werenski- untouchable
Gavrikov- untouchable

Some slight revisions to your list:
* Murray, when he's healthy, is a top-pairing level guy. Of course, "when he's healthy" is the big factor there. frown
* Nutivaara was bottom-pairing quality this season, sure, but in prior seasons he's looked better than that.
* Kukan also frequently plays the right side and does really well.
* I don't see as much point in holding onto Carlsson, myself. We're only going to lose one guy in the expansion draft, after all.

Otherwise, agreed on pretty much everything.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: Viqsi
Some slight revisions to your list:
* Murray, when he's healthy, is a top-pairing level guy. Of course, "when he's healthy" is the big factor there. frown
* Nutivaara was bottom-pairing quality this season, sure, but in prior seasons he's looked better than that.
* Kukan also frequently plays the right side and does really well.
* I don't see as much point in holding onto Carlsson, myself. We're only going to lose one guy in the expansion draft, after all.

Otherwise, agreed on pretty much everything.

The only reason we keep Carlsson is with Murray’s injury history. If we move Nuttivaara that leaves Murray and Kukan on the 3rd pair. Murray has an injury history about a mile long. Keeping someone like Carlsson is a good fill in at that spot when Murray gets hurt because it’s not an If he gets hurt, it’s a when he gets hurt. Though I do kinda think we should hold onto Murray and Savard and leave them to the being picked by Seattle so maybe they don’t go looking at the forwards as much. It would suck to lose Savard in expansion... but at least we then get to keep some other forwards protected/hidden
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:24 p.m.
The only reason we keep Carlsson is with Murray’s injury history. If we move Nuttivaara that leaves Murray and Kukan on the 3rd pair. Murray has an injury history about a mile long. Keeping someone like Carlsson is a good fill in at that spot when Murray gets hurt because it’s not an If he gets hurt, it’s a when he gets hurt. Though I do kinda think we should hold onto Murray and Savard and leave them to the being picked by Seattle so maybe they don’t go looking at the forwards as much. It would suck to lose Savard in expansion... but at least we then get to keep some other forwards protected/hidden

You seem to have forgotten about Harrington's existence. wink We'd have to move two guys before Murray's injury history becomes a concern.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: Viqsi
You seem to have forgotten about Harrington's existence. wink We'd have to move two guys before Murray's injury history becomes a concern.

I didn’t. Harrington just isn’t worth his cap hit. So just get rid of him. I also think Carlsson is better than Harrington, Harrington is just older and easier to use as a 7th d to let Carlsson play in the AHL vs sitting in the stands.
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
I'm a bit late for the party but MTL would surely look at Nutivaara. Bergevin loves depth in defense and MTL have the money for those 2 years.

MTL might want to see Fleury & Juulsen develop in the AHL next year too, so he would be behind Petry&Weber at RD.

Plus MTL has plenty of picks. It could be either a late 3rd (Caps) or an early 4th (Ana)
Aug. 25, 2020 at 8:11 p.m.
Quoting: pinslack
I'm a bit late for the party but MTL would surely look at Nutivaara. Bergevin loves depth in defense and MTL have the money for those 2 years.

MTL might want to see Fleury & Juulsen develop in the AHL next year too, so he would be behind Petry&Weber at RD.

Plus MTL has plenty of picks. It could be either a late 3rd (Caps) or an early 4th (Ana)

I'd probably take that. Nuti seems like the most likely D man to be moved in the offseason (team likes Savard on the ice and in the room and Murray's injuries/contract would make him more difficult. Clearling Nuti's 2.7 in cap would give them between 3-5 million in cap leftover after resigning PLD and Gavrokov. That may be enough to resign Anderson without having to mess with Wennberg. Then if they did end up trading Anderson's rights, they'd have some room to make a signing or could opt to do something to clear Wennberg and have up to 8 mil in space to make a FA move or major trade.
pinslack liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll