Forums/Mock-Draft

What I Would Do

What I Would Do

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: krakowitz
Published: Aug. 24, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-Duh
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Between him and Byfield, but I think they ultimately go Stutzle. Byfield has the higher ceiling but Stutzle is the safer bet to be an elite talent. Will form a dynamic duo with Turcotte
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksPotential elite 1C to build around. Should get another year to develop in the OHL to truly dominate
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-If his speed improves he has an insanely high ceiling. Dynamic offensive talent with elite hockey sense, probably a winger but could play C
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Tkachuk-Byfield-Raymond could be the best line in the league down the road. Raymond has a well-rounded playmaking skillset and a strong 200 foot game
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-A match made in heaven IMO. Anaheim needs defense, and Drysdale can easily be a top pairing guy with #1 potential. I think there's more offense to his game than we saw in Erie since his supporting cast was so bad
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Defense is so important and for a team with two more firsts, grab the defenseman now. Mobile shutdown defender with #2D potential
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Longterm 2C behind Eichel, Cozens moves to wing. High end playmaking ability and an extremely high motor
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-In order for them to become legit contenders, they need a long-term goalie solution. Getting Askarov now will mean they've got a potential elite goalie in four years.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-An excellent long term 2C behind Scheifele. Strong two way game and can do some of the dirty work to get the puck to the highly skilled wingers they have
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Holtz falls into their laps at 11. Potential 40 goal scorer in the NHL. Needs to push into more dangerous areas, but once he does he'll become even more lethal. Has a more well rounded game than he gets credit for as well
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Definitely not where I would take him, but Florida needs defenseman and the industry seems to be a lot higher on him than the general public. Smooth skater, loves to hit, but I don't see a ton more than that.
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsHigh end skating and offensive skillset with a very good motor. He'll be a coach's favorite and trusted in every situation
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Extremely high IQ and a lot of skill to pair with it. Excellent two-way winger as well that will do wonders next to either McDavid or Draisaitl
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Potential #3 defenseman that shuts down everything that comes at him. He's closer to NHL ready than a lot of other players at this spot.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Scoring winger that will pair very nicely with either Suzuki or Kotkaniemi in the top six. Pretty well rounded game as well
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Extremely smart player that works hard and has a lot more skill than his production showed at Wisconsin
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesPlaymaking winger with that is an excellent forechecker and puck retriever. Has a nice shot to go along with it, will pair nicely for them long-term with Hughes or Hischier
19Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThis may seem off-board, but he's got all the necessary tools to become a top four defenseman as long as he stays healthy. Great skater, anticipates plays well, forces a lot to the outside.
20Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary takes a swing for the fences with Lapierre. Could be a steal if he avoids another concussion and gets a lot stronger. I wouldn't take him round 1 but I can see Calgary being the team to do so, weird gut feeling. I doubt he gets past Ottawa at the next spot, so a team could trade into this spot for him
21Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersAfter two forwards they come back with a high upside defenseman. He's a project pick that will take some time to develop, but if he's able to improve his defensive game, he's got a lot of potential
22Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Mysak just screams Tortorella. He's fast, works hard, kills penalties and looks ready to explode offensively next year.
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThey need centers in the system, and Zary could be a long term 2C. It doesn't seem like the industry is as high on him as a lot of others are, but he's a safe bet to be a middle-six C
24Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dynamic offensive talent, needs some work defensively. If he figures that part of his game out he's got a very high ceiling
25Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Defense is an area of weakness in their system, so grabbing a potential top four guy in Niemela makes a lot of sense here.
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Extremely underrated prospect IMO. Mobile shutdown defenseman that has more offense to his game than we saw in the Soo this year.
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-Wishful thinking from me? Definitely. But it's not impossible that Gunler drops this far, as both McKenzie and Pronman have said they expect him in this range. He definitely needs more consistency on a shift-to-shift basis, but the profile is there for a legit top six scoring threat
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningA dynamic offensive talent that has a lot of room to grow. He could improve his skating a bit and show more two-way effort, but there's legit top six potential
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-He should go higher than this, but a few defensemen jump above him and he slips. He'll take a few years, but he would be a great complementary top six guy to either Mackinnon or Newhook long-term
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-He's very raw and definitely a project, but the profile he has is very enticing. He's big and skates really well, needs better decision making
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsPure goal scorer that could make a tremendous duo with Zegras. Elite shooter and plays a more well rounded game than he gets credit for. If the skating improves this will be a steal
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
39Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
40Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
41Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
42Logo of the Nashville Predators-
43Logo of the Florida Panthers-
44Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
45Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
46Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
47Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
48Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
49Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
50Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
51Logo of the Calgary Flames-
52Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
53Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
54Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
55Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
56Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
57Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
59Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
60Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
61Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis Blues
62Logo of the Boston Bruins-
Aug. 24, 2020 at 7:10 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I like it a lot! The only thing I would say is I can't see Quinn falling that far I would have him at 13 in this scenario but I ultimately see him in Nashville at 11 because I do believe Holtz will be a top 10 pick
Leemer, Remus, SlafCaufZuki and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: bunzy1034
I like it a lot! The only thing I would say is I can't see Quinn falling that far I would have him at 13 in this scenario but I ultimately see him in Nashville at 11 because I do believe Holtz will be a top 10 pick

yeah, I would lose my **** of Quinn fell to us. That’s who I would have loved at 9th
bunzy1034 and krakowitz liked this.
Aug. 25, 2020 at 2:31 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: bunzy1034

That's totally fair. As I was making this I was almost trying to squeeze Holtz into the top 10, but my gut keeps saying that all of those teams picking between 7 and 10 would all want a different guy just a bit more. Quinn probably won't fall to 16, but I personally have both Amirov and Jarvis higher so that's why I went that direction.
bunzy1034 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll