SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Another Dubas classic trade

Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
In hindsight the Kadri trade was a loss but what else has been bad? Moving Marleau was a necessity due to Lou's idiotic contract, same with Zaitsev. So one trade didn't pan out while everything else was either necessary or a clear cut win. Yeah he's so bad.

he has been doing nothing but nibbling around the edges trades. The Marleau one was bad, the Zaitsev one was bad bc they put themslves in a vulnerable cap space position how they handled their big 3 RFA signings. The Kadri one did not work out when it should have, that was 100% on Babcock.

Clifford and Campbell filled a need but that was an expensive trade to give up muliple draft picks for a back up goalie and 4th liner.
His big trades have been very hit and miss, thats the point
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: coga16
The Ceci trade was a pretty big train wreck
That was more than fixing, back fired completely

Not sure how.

One year of Ceci is much better than five years of Zaitsev, especially with the latter having a NTC kicking in.
Brown was expendable and having a 40 point season on the first line isn't earth shattering. Losing him and not having to worry about Zaitsev's cap hit this offseason is good.

Quoting: moli92
Kadri-Barrie trade was a complete loss for Dubas, no way around that

honestly did anyone expect barrie to be a dumpster fire this season
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Not sure how.

One year of Ceci is much better than five years of Zaitsev, especially with the latter having a NTC kicking in.
Brown was expendable and having a 40 point season on the first line isn't earth shattering. Losing him and not having to worry about Zaitsev's cap hit this offseason is good.

barrie not panning out is on babcock. Trade for a very specific style of player and 100% of the time force him to play in a different way.
Insert pikachu face of why making him play the opposite style that has been effective not working.

Zaitsev needed to be moved but you can say you got arguably worse losing Brown and taking on Ceci over Zaitsev. thats why it was train wreck, wasted season over playing Ceci
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: leafs101
I do fear that he'll drop 60 points beside Crosby and Dubas will look stupid. But a good fleecing nonetheless for now

He couldn't do it next to JT or Matthews and is not at all similar to guys who have done well with Sid. Sid is a cycle guy and works down low so well. Kap is a straight line skater who doesn't go to the net or pass well. He'll be on the 3rd line doing nothing fast.
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
He couldn't do it next to JT or Matthews and is not at all similar to guys who have done well with Sid. Sid is a cycle guy and works down low so well. Kap is a straight line skater who doesn't go to the net or pass well. He'll be on the 3rd line doing nothing fast.

he was actually great when injuries/the contract dispute arised and he got to play with those guys.
Banned
he has been doing nothing but nibbling around the edges trades. The Marleau one was bad, the Zaitsev one was bad bc they put themslves in a vulnerable cap space position how they handled their big 3 RFA signings. The Kadri one did not work out when it should have, that was 100% on Babcock.

Clifford and Campbell filled a need but that was an expensive trade to give up muliple draft picks for a back up goalie and 4th liner.
His big trades have been very hit and miss, thats the point

Yeah they are all bad, everyone one. What a joke, doesn't matter what the result is, it's bad because it's bad. Zaitsev was only marginally better than Ceci and had 5 more years of term. Sure Ceci was no better or worse but he's off the books and can be replaced by a better and cheaper player now. It's a win. You giving Lou all the passes is exactly why I just don't care what you have to say.
Misterrainer liked this.
Quoting: mondo

No, but the end result is the same. They rented Barrie for 1 year and didn't do anything with him. Now they lose big time in the long term with Kerfoot instead of Kadri in addition to the pick swap
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: leafs101
he was actually great when injuries/the contract dispute arised and he got to play with those guys.

He went a 13 game stretch alongside Matthews where he had 1 goal and an assist. Kap gets all the love for continually never doing much.
oneX liked this.
Aug. 25, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
Yeah they are all bad, everyone one. What a joke, doesn't matter what the result is, it's bad because it's bad. Zaitsev was only marginally better than Ceci and had 5 more years of term. Sure Ceci was no better or worse but he's off the books and can be replaced by a better and cheaper player now. It's a win. You giving Lou all the passes is exactly why I just don't care what you have to say.

Do you have reading comprehension issues, I said his big trades have been hit or miss.....you know some good some bad....and you are going off the deep end pretending like I said they are all bad

And at no point did I say Lou did a great job, holy crow are you a snap show, learn to read and stop throwing hissy fits
Sep. 28, 2020 at 5:16 p.m.
Zaitsev needed to be moved but you can say you got arguably worse losing Brown and taking on Ceci over Zaitsev. thats why it was train wreck, wasted season over playing Ceci

I have no idea how you think Zaitsev was better than Ceci last year: every statistical measure shows that he was worse. And sure, I get that he was on a bad team, but even the year prior he was just as poor with Toronto as Ceci was in Ottawa. The key difference is that Dubas traded away 5 years of Zaitsev for 1 year of Ceci. The Connor Brown part of that trade is inconsequential as he was a 3rd liner at best and as we saw last year, we have no shortage of depth guys there that can fill that role. Even this coming season, Nick Roberston and Alex Barabanov will easily fill the void that Connor Brown would also fill. Losing him is literally no big deal.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
Do you have reading comprehension issues, I said his big trades have been hit or miss.....you know some good some bad....and you are going off the deep end pretending like I said they are all bad

And at no point did I say Lou did a great job, holy crow are you a snap show, learn to read and stop throwing hissy fits

But you did say he has a "bad trading record" . Which he doesn't.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll