7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBig D-Man with impressive point totals, nice pairing for Rielly. 2017-18 1goal 21assists in 66gp 2018-19 8goals 16assists in 58gp 2019-20 7goals 35assists in 60gp
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
21Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
22Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
24Logo of the Dallas Stars-
25Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
26Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
27Logo of the Washington Capitals-
28Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
29Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Aug. 26, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Schneider to me is perfect for the leafs. Big, Strong, Knows how to defend, can be offensive when required, plays a tonne of minutes, and has the body of an NHLer so no need to put on some size. Some say he could push for a job once drafted as his defensive skills are that good.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
With certain guys you still have available, don't think the Leafs would take Schneider.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 1:49 p.m.
I hope the draft goes this way so the Habs can get Quinn
Aug. 26, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Evans truther
Can't wait for one of those two things to happen.
1. Carolina takes Schneider with the Leafs pick
2. Montreal gives a pick and trades up with Edmonton (They don't hold a 2nd or 3rd so they could trade back for a pick) for them to grab Schneider.
With one of these outcome Leafs are proud to select, Yaroslav Askarov.

I'll be waiting on the Reddit feed and look the world burn.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: ColonelX
Can't wait for one of those two things to happen.
1. Carolina takes Schneider with the Leafs pick
2. Montreal gives a pick and trades up with Edmonton (They don't hold a 2nd or 3rd so they could trade back for a pick) for them to grab Schneider.
With one of these outcome Leafs are proud to select, Yaroslav Askarov.

I'll be waiting on the Reddit feed and look the world burn.

If Schneider is gone we take Barron who was on track to be better before blood clot injury
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:30 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
With certain guys you still have available, don't think the Leafs would take Schneider.

We don't need anything else but a RD as our center and wing depth is deep. Sure some could say a goalie but Askorov is meh just draft a goalie round 2 or 4

Liligren may not be ready, holl could get taken by Seattle. Schneider in general is the perfect choice. Plays a tonne of minutes, can throw his weight around, and make smart plays with the puck. Basically I young muzzin which is something rielly needs in a partner
Aug. 27, 2020 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
We don't need anything else but a RD as our center and wing depth is deep. Sure some could say a goalie but Askorov is meh just draft a goalie round 2 or 4

Liligren may not be ready, holl could get taken by Seattle. Schneider in general is the perfect choice. Plays a tonne of minutes, can throw his weight around, and make smart plays with the puck. Basically I young muzzin which is something rielly needs in a partner

You don't draft for need, especially in a draft this deep. Take the best player available on your board. If that happens to be Schneider, fine; I trust Dubas with that. But with guys still available in this mock draft like Jack Quinn, Seth Jarvis, etc, I don't see him being their highest ranked player.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 10:02 a.m.
Schneider to me is perfect for the leafs. Big, Strong, Knows how to defend, can be offensive when required, plays a tonne of minutes, and has the body of an NHLer so no need to put on some size. Some say he could push for a job once drafted as his defensive skills are that good.

As a Leafs fan, I honestly don't see them taking Schneider for the sole reason that Dubas has never been one to draft for position. Even though he would be great and does fit the Leafs needs, no matter what the circumstances, I don't see Schneider as being the best player available at 15.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 12:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Chaser088
As a Leafs fan, I honestly don't see them taking Schneider for the sole reason that Dubas has never been one to draft for position. Even though he would be great and does fit the Leafs needs, no matter what the circumstances, I don't see Schneider as being the best player available at 15.

he did it twice. When leafs needed defense Dubas drafted Liligren in 2017 and Sandin in 2018 . Rn in 2020 Dubas sees there is an issue with DEFENSE. Sandin and Liligren are good but just not NHL ready yet. Adding a forward prospect is useless for the leafs as our top 9 is locked in. Schneider literally has the body of an NHL player, plays big minutes on his team (similar to rielly) and is a defensive defenseman. Drafting him has 2 benefits. Leafs get a defensive RHD and for 4 years and hes at 925k. Thats a steal for a team right up against the cap
Aug. 27, 2020 at 7:37 p.m.
he did it twice. When leafs needed defense Dubas drafted Liligren in 2017 and Sandin in 2018 . Rn in 2020 Dubas sees there is an issue with DEFENSE. Sandin and Liligren are good but just not NHL ready yet. Adding a forward prospect is useless for the leafs as our top 9 is locked in. Schneider literally has the body of an NHL player, plays big minutes on his team (similar to rielly) and is a defensive defenseman. Drafting him has 2 benefits. Leafs get a defensive RHD and for 4 years and hes at 925k. Thats a steal for a team right up against the cap

Mark Hunter was head of scouting when the Leafs drafted Liljegren and Lou was GM. Kind of a reach to say Dubas drafted him. Dubas also made it clear after they drafted Sandin (because people were asking if the Soo Greyhounds connection influenced his pick) that he was their highest ranked player left on the board.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll