Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason

Created by: Salzy
Team: 2020-21 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 26, 2020
Published: Aug. 26, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Rarely post ACGMs but I was toying around with some ideas. More likely than not these trades wouldnt be final but I think the base of them are solid enough
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
Trades
ANA
  1. Strome, Dylan [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Is this close? not sure of Stromes value
CHI
  1. Larsson, Jacob
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
36 OA
TOR
  1. Jones, Max
  2. Manson, Josh ($2,050,000 retained)
  3. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
ANA
    Since descriptions rarely get read -->
    ARI
      Went a bit more extreme with trades, unlikely any happen but I'm curious to see feedback here. If they all stink let me know. more curious to see if the base of the deals are solid and can be built on
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the ANA
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      22$81,500,000$76,444,949$0$0$5,055,051
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $1,700,000$1,700,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $8,250,000$8,250,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $2,800,000$2,800,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $2,463,139$2,463,139
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      C
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $6,962,366$6,962,366
      RW
      UFA - 4
      $820,000$820,000
      LW
      RFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $1,450,000$1,450,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,133,333$1,133,333
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,602,778$2,602,778
      LD
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $3,875,000$3,875,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $6,400,000$6,400,000
      G
      UFA - 7
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 6
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $700,000$700,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $6,875,000$6,875,000
      C, RW
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:06 p.m.
      In Connor We Trust
      Chi Rejects, we need a Top LD for Strome
      Salzy liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
      Quoting: Beetlejuice
      Chi Rejects, we need a Top LD for Strome

Anything the Ducks have that could be added/changed?
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
      CHI NYI
      Switch Larsson with Guhle and might be a little better
      Salzy liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:11 p.m.
      In Connor We Trust
      Quoting: Salzy
      Anything the Ducks have that could be added/changed?

I think an Interested deal could be Strome + Nylander for Comtois, Bos 1st
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:11 p.m.
      Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
      Switch Larsson with Guhle and might be a little better

Oh ok, I figured Larsson was a better fit, and I personally value him higher than Guhle. I definitely think theres a trade that can be made there that would benefit both teams
      ChiHawk liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
      That'd be a pass from me.
      Salzy liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.

I think if the Ducks do move the BOS pick it would be something along the lines of the W.Nylander deal I have here. I don't know if the Ducks want to move Comtois, obviously isnt untouchable but If he gets moved I think it would be in a package for a young top 4 RHD

Would Guhle move the needle at all over Larsson like @ForsbergForVezina mentioned?
      Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
      That'd be a pass from me.

Close at all?
      Being wrong is ok

Nah gonna have to pass but good offer.

ANA-CHI not possible but asking for a Top LHD is a lil crazy. I don't see us being able to get his services

ANA-TOR I mean sure. TOR Capfriendly will hate it but I think getting max jones to add to their horrendous bottom 6 as well as getting another 1st round pick for their depleted farm system is great for the organization.

ANA-BUF I personally say no and coming from someone who hated both of their contracts when they signed I saw the value sorta come through and be worthwhile this season. Trading these guys is pretty much the start of the ultimate rebuild and guarantee us being bad for a while which I like but really fear in a way. That said I know BUF capfriendly says no and rl gm says no to. Rakell and Lindholm will most likely be the next guys traded imo if they ever are.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
      Close at all?

For me, no. Quality over quantity especially in the Leafs situation and Nylander is by far the best piece in the deal. Manson's a solid #4 that I think would fit well with the Leafs, but I wouldn't consider trading Nylander for him without significant other pieces coming back. Not to say that Jones and a 1st (late though it will be) are nothing, but it's just not enough to close the gap for me. And yeah, they get cap space, but that value is completely dependent on how they use it, which I don't think is the way to go about a Nylander trade. Their RW depth would also be pretty depleted having just traded Kapanen.
      Salzy liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
      Quoting: BuckoJoyde
      Nah gonna have to pass but good offer.

ANA-CHI not possible but asking for a Top LHD is a lil crazy. I don't see us being able to get his services

ANA-TOR I mean sure. TOR Capfriendly will hate it but I think getting max jones to add to their horrendous bottom 6 as well as getting another 1st round pick for their depleted farm system is great for the organization.

ANA-BUF I personally say no and coming from someone who hated both of their contracts when they signed I saw the value sorta come through and be worthwhile this season. Trading these guys is pretty much the start of the ultimate rebuild and guarantee us being bad for a while which I like but really fear in a way. That said I know BUF capfriendly says no and rl gm says no to. Rakell and Lindholm will most likely be the next guys traded imo if they ever are.

The most I would give for Strome is Guhle/Larsson + our 2nd, I think thats more than fair, if not I dont think theres a deal there

I think that deal would be really good for both sides, TOR fills needs and gets another 1st and ANA gets a top flight forward that they need

That was the one I was most hesitant on. I do think its close value wise. I think going full rebuild is the way to go with how the roster is constructed atm. I cant see Lindholm getting moved tbh, Rakell I can but I dont see a trade for Lindholm unless its the deadline before he's a UFA and he isnt signed
      BuckoJoyde liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
      Being wrong is ok
      The most I would give for Strome is Guhle/Larsson + our 2nd, I think thats more than fair, if not I dont think theres a deal there

I think that deal would be really good for both sides, TOR fills needs and gets another 1st and ANA gets a top flight forward that they need

That was the one I was most hesitant on. I do think its close value wise. I think going full rebuild is the way to go with how the roster is constructed atm. I cant see Lindholm getting moved tbh, Rakell I can but I dont see a trade for Lindholm unless its the deadline before he's a UFA and he isnt signed

I agree with most of your points especially with Lindholm. I just assume personally he won't resign. You and me have had this discussion a couple times. We'll just see what happens. Anyways, yea this is a good post overall and starts a discussion. That said, I think Strome can fetch a little more unless its clear CHI won't be resigning him and no better offers come up. Nevertheless, thats the most Id offer.
      Salzy liked this.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:39 p.m.

That value is not even close. Why should the Leafs make that trade? This is kind of saying Nylander is worth more or less the same as Kapanen, which is crazy to say
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
      Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
      That value is not even close. Why should the Leafs make that trade? This is kind of saying Nylander is worth more or less the same as Kapanen, which is crazy to say

Everyone knows Kap got way more than what he was worth. Rutherford was desperate and it showed. a top 4 shutdown D at 2M for 2 years, a good young winger and a 1st is a very good return, sure it might not be enough but to say it isnt close at all is ridiculous
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
      Everyone knows Kap got way more than what he was worth. Rutherford was desperate and it showed. a top 4 shutdown D at 2M for 2 years, a good young winger and a 1st is a very good return, sure it might not be enough but to say it isnt close at all is ridiculous

I would not give more than Johnsson and a 3rd for Manson.

Nylander is an extremely talented player, Manson is not. Manson is solid, but nothing more
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
      Being wrong is ok

Look at my post for reason. Ill add to it. The Marlies were bad, TOR has no young prospects coming up other than LHD Sandin and Liljegren maybe, Max jones(former 1st) adds to the bottom six in speed and skill, and Manson is a RHD basically that fills a spot for cheap. If you think he's bad or Cody Ceci eh do more research. If you think he not your guy fair enough. Good luck acquiring another RHD like Elis or Parayko. Is Manson your only option? No. Is he a decent affordable one? Yes. Is this too much? Maybe. But time will tell.
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
      Quoting: BuckoJoyde
      Look at my post for reason. Ill add to it. The Marlies were bad, TOR has no young prospects coming up other than LHD Sandin and Liljegren maybe, Max jones(former 1st) adds to the bottom six in speed and skill, and Manson is a RHD basically that fills a spot for cheap. If you think he's bad or Cody Ceci eh do more research. If you think he not your guy fair enough. Good luck acquiring another RHD like Elis or Parayko. Is Manson your only option? No. Is he a decent affordable one? Yes. Is this too much? Maybe. But time will tell.

You don't see the value of Nylander I think. 15th best goal scorer in the NHL last season, much younger.

Manson is probably worth Johnsson and a 3rd or so, or at least I would not really pay much more.

I don't think the Leafs need an expensive solution for playing in their top4
      Aug. 26, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
      Being wrong is ok
      You don't see the value of Nylander I think. 15th best goal scorer in the NHL last season, much younger.

Manson is probably worth Johnsson and a 3rd or so, or at least I would not really pay much more.

I don't think the Leafs need an expensive solution for playing in their top4

Oh I agree he's slotted in our 1st line right away. Does this trade get it down? In a post Cheecks Klapanen to PIT trade? Maybe?

Manson is worth a little bit more currently.

Not needing an expensive top 4 RHD I also agree, but what are more suitable options? Demelo(3ish mill) Gudas( 2ish mill) Run it back with Barrie? I don't think there are any thats the issue.

Overall what I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if and or expect the same problems to occur. TOR might switch it up and started acquiring more future talent and picks.

After losing to the Canes before that deadline I was genuinely shocked Dubas didn't sell anything in preparation for the 20-21 season.

Nonetheless, in a reasonable world this deal isn't it imo.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll