SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

BLM Holdouts - NBA Playoffs

Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: McRanteskog
you think the NHL has done enough? lol what?
NHL has done barely anything on this matter

The NHL only needs to address racism inside its locker rooms, which barely exists as it is, but if youre going to throw everything under a microscope its going to look bigger than it is
ZiggyPalffy and mhockey91 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: Shibbal18
Thats not cringe at all. The NHL is not a political party. Nothing going on affects the NHL. They dont need to be forced into perpetuating lies to gain internet clout for 1% of their fan base

yikkkeesss
lol NHL has nothing to do with social injustice? or the discrimination of minorities in hockey?
oneX liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
i dont think this has anything to do with just the MIL area.
Other NBA teams will follow suit, may bring the NBA playoffs to a halt

Not disagreeing. I was just responding to a specific post because I live about 75 mins away. I could care less about the NBA.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
RETIRED
The NHL only needs to address racism inside its locker rooms, which barely exists as it is, but if youre going to throw everything under a microscope its going to look bigger than it is

Discrimination of minorities exist at all different levels of hockey, this isnt just an "NHL locker room" thing
oneX liked this.
Shibbal18
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
mike milbury's mother has weighed in apparently,

at how much
Shibbal18
Discrimination of minorities exist at all different levels of hockey, this isnt just an "NHL locker room" thing

Its a rarity
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Bucks were leagues #1 team, with arguably the leagues MVP on their roster

I meant the magic part
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:49 p.m.
RETIRED
Its a rarity

Id disagree.
Id also go on record to say that you wouldnt be marginally educated enough on the subject to make the case that its just a rarity
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.
you think the NHL has done enough? lol what?
NHL has done barely anything on this matter

the nhl dosnt need 2 do anything, they say they "skate for black lives", that means they 'support' black ppl so they r good
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
I mean I don't care if they cancel the playoffs. If the Penguins can't win the cup then no one can. The 2020 Stanley cup champions are Covid-19 and racism
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.

if u think it has 2 b changed, go ahead & change it cause the nhl is going 2 look at every single individual locker room in the u.s. & canada & try 2 stop racism?, how do u think that should b done?
Shibbal18 and JRoss liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus
I mean I don't care if they cancel the playoffs. If the Penguins can't win the cup then no one can. The 2020 Stanley cup champions are Covid-19 and racism

the nhl isnt canceling the playoffs, the nba is a much more corrupt league, they support slave labor in china
Shibbal18 and TheGuyInTheChair liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Shibbal18
Id disagree.
Id also go on record to say that you wouldnt be marginally educated enough on the subject to make the case that its just a rarity

Oh youre a fake intellectual. Bet you I have more experience then you'd be willing to admit. This isnt the place for your cringe politics either
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Its a rarity

It is not a rarity. As person of colour I know what I'm talking about. As long as people think "oh it's a rarity" it's going to exist.

Also as general point about athletes standing up for something by boycotts, they are people just like the average Joe and live in the same world and so they do have the right to boycott if that's what they feel brings attention to the things that matter.
benjgc, mondo and Remus liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
It is not a rarity. As person of colour I know what I'm talking about. As long as people think "oh it's a rarity" it's going to exist.

Also as general point about athletes standing up for something by boycotts, they are people just like the average Joe and live in the same world and so they do have the right to boycott if that's what they feel brings attention to the things that matter.

just b/c uv experienced it once dosnt mean that it happens in every locker room
Shibbal18 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:04 p.m.
Shibbal18

Ok so programs like Haseks Heros just doesnt mean a thing? Since 2001 getting economically underprivileged kids access to equipment coaches and ice. Ancedotal evidence means nothing, everyone ha it to disprove others
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.

i think if something like that happens the ppl in the league doing that should b suspended
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong but just because you’re a person of color doesn’t make you qualified to make that statement. It may not be a rarity in your area but it could in mine. Without a study encompassing multiple areas and a sufficient sample size can you make that determination (which neither of you have). Yes, I’m 100% for your freedom of speech and I fought for it (veteran) so I don’t condone if someone does it peacefully. The images I saw of Kenoche is not what I fought for as that is mass physical damage to multiple business (some minority owned). If athletes want to protest, I’m good with that too but don’t complain that revenues go down and you may have a contract voided because it effects the owner’s bottom line. End of the day it’s a business and it’s not personal so you can’t really complain about being canned. If I told my boss today, that I’m not doing my job or fulfilling my contract because reason X then I’d expect to be terminated.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
Banned
It won't happen, but the NHL did provide red carpet for an African-Canadian to kneel to the american flag so it would not surprise me. Especially when Vegas and Dallas are still in the playoffs.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
yikkkeesss
lol NHL has nothing to do with social injustice? or the discrimination of minorities in hockey?

Nope
BLM has nothing to do with discrimination to minorities in hockey. Nor is that why canadians are kneeling to the american flag
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
This is going to get deleted and I find that sad, it is a hockey problem now and we should be able to talk about it on here.
TheGuyInTheChair and Remus liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: cgy_flame_fan
just b/c uv experienced it once dosnt mean that it happens in every locker room

Okay... thanks for assuming that I experienced it "once" man...talk about being out of touch with reality..

Smh...
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
This is going to get deleted and I find that sad, it is a hockey problem now and we should be able to talk about it on here.

What a year
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
torontos finest
I'm glad they're taking a more impactful stance, honestly.
oneX liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: cgy_flame_fan
i think if something like that happens the ppl in the league doing that should b suspended

Do you bring your political opinions to work? None of us get away with that, neither should they. They are there to play hockey and that's it. They can do whatever they want on their own spotlight, on their own twitter. They cannot use the NHL or their hockey team as a spotlight got attention and to bring awareness to whatever woke movement they believe in. You're right, automatic suspension for all.

The NHL worked SO HARD for TV viewers in the last over the last 5 decades and now we have an opportunity to take audiences from the NFL and NBA because the fans are sick of it being watered down by politics. And what did we do? We provided a Canadian who might be half black a red carpet so he can kneel to the american flag. Then we have woke white Canadians follow his footsteps and it was okay. Bettman really is an idiot.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll