SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

BLM Holdouts - NBA Playoffs

Aug. 27, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Brian2016
What about the riots and looting? Who's speaking out for the store owners in Portland, Minneapolis, and Kenosha?

i'd imagine one or two bingbongs at the rnc would've ranted about that
Aug. 27, 2020 at 1:49 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'll just say that the fact we're still watching all of this police violence is just ridiculous ... forget about the NBA for a second, how is this still happening?

Absolute garbage ...

Because people keep resisting arrest?
Aug. 27, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Brian2016
What about the riots and looting? Who's speaking out for the store owners in Portland, Minneapolis, and Kenosha?

There was a pretty simple answer to his question and I provided it for him, because people keep resisting arrest lol
Aug. 27, 2020 at 2:06 p.m.
torontos finest

Insurmountable levels of malding coming to this thread.
McRanteskog liked this.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
RETIRED
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
I think so. I mean to europeans for example, what happens in Belarus right now or the Ukraine is way more interesting and important than what happens in the US. Those are 30% of players. Then you have a lot of canadians, who I don't know, probably don't care that much either

And also, it would be quite an opportunity for the NHL when there is no basketball to compete with. Probably better TV ratings and more TV money

you gunna eat your words?
https://www.tsn.ca/lebrun-all-signs-point-to-possible-postponement-of-thursday-s-playoff-games-1.1515410
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:33 p.m.
Shibbal18

Nope, its stupid and its only going to negatively impact their brand
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: Shibbal18
Nope, its stupid and its only going to negatively impact their brand

You said 0%, eat your words
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I hate humanity.
TheGuyInTheChair liked this.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:48 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: McRanteskog
You said 0%, eat your words

You should probably wait till they actually get cancelled
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
RETIRED
Aug. 27, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
Shibbal18

Ok, I concede that Bettman is an idiot. Cool, doesnt invalidated anything else I said. You act like its hard to say that. Thanks for saving me a bunch of money on the NHL though moving forward
Aug. 27, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: Shibbal18
Ok, I concede that Bettman is an idiot. Cool, doesnt invalidated anything else I said. You act like its hard to say that. Thanks for saving me a bunch of money on the NHL though moving forward

HAHAHAHHAH eat em up kiddo.
0% remember? lol

tHaNkS fOr SaViNg Me A bUnCh Of MoNeY oN nHl ThOuGh lol as if
delete your account if you actually wont watch/support the NHL anymore, or you just talking out your a** some more?
Aug. 27, 2020 at 4:04 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: McRanteskog
HAHAHAHHAH eat em up kiddo.
0% remember? lol

tHaNkS fOr SaViNg Me A bUnCh Of MoNeY oN nHl ThOuGh lol as if
delete your account if you actually wont watch/support the NHL anymore, or you just talking out your a** some more?

You wanna know something else, the shooting was justified. Just because a black man is shot by the cops, doesnt mean its automatically unjustified. Blacks are also statically under represented in police shootings. This whole thing is a farce
Roscoe and JRoss liked this.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
Because people keep resisting arrest?

When did the penalty for resisting arrest in the US become extrajudicial murder?
Pretty wild for a so-called developed nation.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
When did the penalty for resisting arrest in the US become extrajudicial murder?
Pretty wild for a so-called developed nation.

It's kind of been that way ever since criminals started pulling weapons on cops and killing them. I'm sure if you were a cop in one of those situations you'd have a completely different opinion so would the rest of the world
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 1:07 a.m.
can a meteor hit earth please? ive had enough of this. i have zero hope for humanity.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 7:56 a.m.
This is all so stupid and pointless.
Roscoe liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 10:23 a.m.
It's kind of been that way ever since criminals started pulling weapons on cops and killing them. I'm sure if you were a cop in one of those situations you'd have a completely different opinion so would the rest of the world

There have always been criminals that have done so, but this isn't how they deal with it in other countries. So you're saying this has been in place since the beginning of the United States? Can you point to the law that says resisting arrest is to result in an immediate death sentence? I haven't seen that one.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 11:05 a.m.
14m in dead cap
There have always been criminals that have done so, but this isn't how they deal with it in other countries. So you're saying this has been in place since the beginning of the United States? Can you point to the law that says resisting arrest is to result in an immediate death sentence? I haven't seen that one.

It's funny you mention that because according to Wisconsin statute, it seems like 10 years in prison with an additional 5 year depending on the severity is the punishment for resisting arrest in a violent manner. Given that he never actually had a weapon, you'd really have to do some mental gymnastics to say he resisted in a violent manner.

Being an Army veteran who experienced a tour of duty in Afghanistan, we were taught to use the "Shout, show, shove, shoot to warn, shoot to kill" escalation of force for civilians. If I had went directly to shoot to kill without following the other steps, I'd be subject to court-martial and face the consequences. It's sad to me that police are held to such a low standard with regards to how they handle confrontations with our citizens.
Bflo_Soldier liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 12:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JayTea
It's funny you mention that because according to Wisconsin statute, it seems like 10 years in prison with an additional 5 year depending on the severity is the punishment for resisting arrest in a violent manner. Given that he never actually had a weapon, you'd really have to do some mental gymnastics to say he resisted in a violent manner.

Being an Army veteran who experienced a tour of duty in Afghanistan, we were taught to use the "Shout, show, shove, shoot to warn, shoot to kill" escalation of force for civilians. If I had went directly to shoot to kill without following the other steps, I'd be subject to court-martial and face the consequences. It's sad to me that police are held to such a low standard with regards to how they handle confrontations with our citizens.

It's funny you say that because the cops had no way of knowing he wasn't going for a weapon. Are they supposed to wait for him to grab something and point it at them then shoot him? I would imagine the training cops get isn't the kind of training the army soldiers get. The guy clearly looked to be reaching for something.
100% justified.

Thank you for your service btw.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.
Banned

I said it has been that way ever since criminals started pulling weapons on cops and killing them. I though that was pretty clear lol
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
14m in dead cap
It's funny you say that because the cops had no way of knowing he wasn't going for a weapon. Are they supposed to wait for him to grab something and point it at them then shoot him? I would imagine the training cops get isn't the kind of training the army soldiers get. The guy clearly looked to be reaching for something.
100% justified.

Thank you for your service btw.

Guessing his intent doesn't mean he actually did something, so yes, I am saying they should wait until he actually has a weapon in his hand before they shoot because it shouldn't get to that. If they feel he's reaching for a weapon, they can physically restrain him to prevent him from reaching for the weapon. I get what you're trying to say, but that just isn't the way it works. Until he actually took a swing at a cop, he wasn't violently resisting and even if he was, the punishment isn't to be executed. We have a judicial system in place to decide a person's punishment, that isn't the job of police. Unless the cops have absolutely no choice due to an immediate threat to public safety (e.g. an active shooter), there are always other options to handle a situation.

And you're right that cops don't receive the same training on handling situations as a soldier and that's the problem. These issues keep happening over and over because of a lack of training on how to deescalate situations using non-lethal means as I've already mentioned. There's also a lack of consequences for officers who don't follow their own established processes for how to handle a situation. There's also a complete lack of consequences for police that fail to police themselves. We ask a lot of our police, no one is saying it's an easy job but they need to do better.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'll just say that the fact we're still watching all of this police violence is just ridiculous ... forget about the NBA for a second, how is this still happening?

Absolute garbage ...

It really isn't that hard to not get shot by the police
1. Don't break the law so the police don't have to be there
2. Do what the police tell you to do so you can get out of the situation. If you don't do what they tell you to do when they have guns pointed at you, I don't know what to tell you chief
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:20 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Jesus
It really isn't that hard to not get shot by the police
1. Don't break the law
2. Do what the police tell you to do so you can get out of the situation

atrocious take

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option