SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

BLM Holdouts - NBA Playoffs

Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
atrocious take

How? What part of that is wrong? Cause I really don't understand why this is a big deal
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
When did the penalty for resisting arrest in the US become extrajudicial murder?
Pretty wild for a so-called developed nation.

It isn't but why the hell are you resisting arrest when the cop has a gun pointed at you? I'd rather go to jail for a little than get a bullet in the head
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus
It really isn't that hard to not get shot by the police
1. Don't break the law so the police don't have to be there
2. Do what the police tell you to do so you can get out of the situation. If you don't do what they tell you to do when they have guns pointed at you, I don't know what to tell you chief

People do these things and still get killed by police.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
It isn't but why the hell are you resisting arrest when the cop has a gun pointed at you? I'd rather go to jail for a little than get a bullet in the head

That's not supposed to be the options. That's the point.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
torontos finest
How? What part of that is wrong? Cause I really don't understand why this is a big deal

The third sentence is very telling. I believe you need to do a better job of understanding.

You're not going to find answers on Capfriendly, though.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
I said it has been that way ever since criminals started pulling weapons on cops and killing them. I though that was pretty clear lol

Yeah, I got that. Hence my response, which I thought was pretty clear as well but you never answered the question. So let me know what you need clarified.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:58 p.m.
The third sentence is very telling. I believe you need to do a better job of understanding.

You're not going to find answers on Capfriendly, though.

"I believe you need to do a better job of understanding" Yeah that's kind of why I asked you for your perspective so I can understand why you guys are upset about this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:03 p.m.
torontos finest
"I believe you need to do a better job of understanding" Yeah that's kind of why I asked you for your perspective so I can understand why you guys are upset about this.

Because police brutality and overreach is an issue beyond this single incident, and black people are often dealt with more aggressively than white people in similar situations.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
That's not supposed to be the options. That's the point.

Alright well didn't they try to taze him earlier and it didn't work so what would you've done if you were the officer? Wait to see if what he's reaching for in the car is a weapon that he's gonna use to kill you so you can never go home to your family? This guy who you got called out to visit because he's involved in a domestic disturbance
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Because police brutality and overreach is an issue beyond this single incident, and black people are often dealt with more aggressively than white people in similar situations.

Alright well don't black people commit over 50 percent of the violent crimes so they're statistically speaking more likely to be violent than white people. Not saying they should be treated differently.
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Banned
Yeah, I got that. Hence my response, which I thought was pretty clear as well but you never answered the question. So let me know what you need clarified.

You're absolutely right. Cops should let them pull weapons on them and let the perp kill them because **** the police, right?
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Alright well don't black people commit over 50 percent of the violent crimes so they're statistically speaking more likely to be violent than white people. Not saying they should be treated differently.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

There's a lot more to crime statistics then what you read on the surface level, and the socioeconomics play a larger part in it than race.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 7:37 p.m.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

There's a lot more to crime statistics then what you read on the surface level, and the socioeconomics play a larger part in it than race.

Oh I know I'm not one of those eugenics people I think it has much more to do with poverty and family structure than it does with race. Thats why I think it would be more helpful for black people to combat poverty and end mass incarceration (more black males in jail = less black fathers) than just marching whenever one of them gets shot by the police
JRoss liked this.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
When did the penalty for resisting arrest in the US become extrajudicial murder?
Pretty wild for a so-called developed nation.

Because when you resist arrest and then it becomes a wrestle to get the handcuffs on. And the cops gun now becomes an opportunity for the alleged perpetrators. Like Michael Brown. You know the guy who was treated like a martyr for trying to steal the cops gun after he robbed a store and his friend lied about “we was minding our own business hands up don’t shoot”. BLM started based on a lie. Unarmed doesn’t equal harmless. You just need to be able to beat the cop and take his gun. That’s why cops will shoot. Virtually every black shooting of a cop is justified. Very few are not. See george Floyd. You think the media cares about black lives? No, the media cares about ratings and making Trump look bad. They don’t care about the black community.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 10:48 a.m.
People do these things and still get killed by police.

Yes and they are extremely rare. Especially to the black on black crime that is a bigger issue that seems to get ignored. Police are in those neighborhoods because blacks are killing each other and cops are trying to protect the community. When a cop shoots a black man it isn’t because he is racist it was because the cop didn’t want to die and wanted to go home to be with his family. Stop resisting.
People will take the BLM movement serious when you start addressing the issues in your own community. 3 year olds ten year olds getting shot since George Floyd. Silence. Black kids are killed every day by gun violence. Where is the outrage by the black communities?
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 10:52 a.m.
stats don’t back that up though. More whites are killed by cops than black are killed by cops.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 11:09 a.m.
Oh I know I'm not one of those eugenics people I think it has much more to do with poverty and family structure than it does with race. Thats why I think it would be more helpful for black people to combat poverty and end mass incarceration (more black males in jail = less black fathers) than just marching whenever one of them gets shot by the police

I agree. Big issue. Single mothers in the black community has gone from 20% to around 80% since the civil rights movement. Where are the fathers? Can we not put some culpability on them as well? There are issues in the black community beyond their control because of the past. And there are things that they can control.
The big problem and in my opinion one reason why it will not get addressed nowadays...the word “racism”. The far left has taken control and has made people afraid to speak up.
The left can say anything they want to support the BLM movement. The right or even people like me who is liberal person but has slowly started supporting the right over the last few years are not allowed to have a different opinion without being called a racist.
THAT is what has broken down communication. Do you really think people are wanting to give their opinion about it when they are afraid of being labelled a racist? There are many people silent on this because they “HAVE” to be.
It is the same with the LGBT community. You have to agree with everything or you are a homophobe. Especially if you are a conservative gay. You get more support from Republicans.
As an atheist why am I allowed to say anything I want about Christians and that’s okay but the minute I speak up about Islam, I am an islamaphobe. It’s because Christians are predominantly right leaning and it is okay to talk about them. The same way that people on the left can do virtually whatever they want. Trudeau does black face and gets re-elected. Ralph Northam as well. Morrissey spent time in jail for even worse and gets elected. The #metoo movement trying to take down Kavanaugh without evidence yet were silent on Biden and Tara Reade.
The far left and media is dividing everyone because they broke down communication and the issues in the black community are going to continue because we CANNOT talk about it.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Edited Aug. 30, 2020 at 6:48 p.m.
Alright well didn't they try to taze him earlier and it didn't work so what would you've done if you were the officer? Wait to see if what he's reaching for in the car is a weapon that he's gonna use to kill you so you can never go home to your family? This guy who you got called out to visit because he's involved in a domestic disturbance

Yes, you don't use deadly force unless you are presented with a real threat. That's pretty standard. "There MIGHT be a weapon somewhere" doesn't meet it.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
You're absolutely right. Cops should let them pull weapons on them and let the perp kill them because **** the police, right?

You're SO close. Flip it around (which is closer to what actually happened) and maybe you'll get it.
"They should let cops pull weapons on them and let the cop kill them because **** 'em, right?"
Aug. 30, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Quoting: JRoss
Because when you resist arrest and then it becomes a wrestle to get the handcuffs on. And the cops gun now becomes an opportunity for the alleged perpetrators. Like Michael Brown. You know the guy who was treated like a martyr for trying to steal the cops gun after he robbed a store and his friend lied about “we was minding our own business hands up don’t shoot”. BLM started based on a lie. Unarmed doesn’t equal harmless. You just need to be able to beat the cop and take his gun. That’s why cops will shoot. Virtually every black shooting of a cop is justified. Very few are not. See george Floyd. You think the media cares about black lives? No, the media cares about ratings and making Trump look bad. They don’t care about the black community.

What are you talking about? Jacob Blake didn't go for a gun. He was walking away.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
What are you talking about? Jacob Blake didn't go for a gun. He was walking away.

They said they found a knife in his car hairdo
Aug. 30, 2020 at 7:01 p.m.
Quoting: JRoss
Yes and they are extremely rare. Especially to the black on black crime that is a bigger issue that seems to get ignored. Police are in those neighborhoods because blacks are killing each other and cops are trying to protect the community. When a cop shoots a black man it isn’t because he is racist it was because the cop didn’t want to die and wanted to go home to be with his family. Stop resisting.
People will take the BLM movement serious when you start addressing the issues in your own community. 3 year olds ten year olds getting shot since George Floyd. Silence. Black kids are killed every day by gun violence. Where is the outrage by the black communities?

Activists DO work to reduce gang violence. That's been a huge movement for like 30+ years. So all you're doing here is showing that you don't really understand the reality of people's experiences and are just on here to push a narrative that fits your preferred worldview.
Aug. 30, 2020 at 7:03 p.m.
They said they found a knife in his car hairdo

And? I have a knife in my car too. If someone were even inclined to attack with a knife (even though there's no indication that was Blake's intent), you know how to counter that? Step back a few feet. SAFE!
Aug. 30, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Banned
You're SO close. Flip it around (which is closer to what actually happened) and maybe you'll get it.
"They should let cops pull weapons on them and let the cop kill them because **** 'em, right?"

That's clearly what they want because they know what will happen if they resist arrest and go for a weapon
Aug. 30, 2020 at 7:33 p.m.

He went for a knife.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll