SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

How Do I Get Attendance Figures

Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Does anyone know how I would get attendance figures for each of the 31 clubs?

I'm not interested in real details like game-by-game stats, just average attendance in each arena before the virus shutdown.

I don't see any tab on the NHL website home page which would suggest a path to this info.

Thanks!
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Does anyone know how I would get attendance figures for each of the 31 clubs?

I'm not interested in real details like game-by-game stats, just average attendance in each arena before the virus shutdown.

I don't see any tab on the NHL website home page which would suggest a path to this info.

Thanks!

ESPN has a page with it, and I’m pretty sure they can be reliable.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:56 p.m.
torontos finest
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: HabsFan9
ESPN has a page with it, and I’m pretty sure they can be reliable.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Aug. 26, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm not sure about before the shutdown but in the playoffs this year every team has approximately 0-10 fans at each game (that includes players from other teams) if I am correct. Just guessing here.
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not sure about before the shutdown but in the playoffs this year every team has approximately 0-10 fans at each game (that includes players from other teams) if I am correct. Just guessing here.

No, I was looking for confirmation of my suspicion that Arizona and Florida had the worst attendance before the shut-down. I'm going to look soon.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
No, I was looking for confirmation of my suspicion that Arizona and Florida had the worst attendance before the shut-down. I'm going to look soon.

It's funny because everyone else's attendance went way down after the shutdown but Arizona and Florida haven't gone down very much.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
It's funny because everyone else's attendance went way down after the shutdown but Arizona and Florida haven't gone down very much.

So I looked, and 4 of the bottom 5 don't surprise me: Ottawa, Florida, Arizona and New Jersey. The Islanders' having the second worst attendance did, though, and I was also surprised to see Anaheim so low (7th) -- it always seems pretty lively and jumping there.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 26, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So I looked, and 4 of the bottom 5 don't surprise me: Ottawa, Florida, Arizona and New Jersey. The Islanders' having the second worst attendance did, though, and I was also surprised to see Anaheim so low (7th) -- it always seems pretty lively and jumping there.

I believe the Islanders have less seats in their arena, though ... it doesn't matter because we care about the team and have the best fans in the league wink
OldNYIfan liked this.
Aug. 27, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
Below Market Value
I believe the Islanders have less seats in their arena, though ... it doesn't matter because we care about the team and have the best fans in the league wink

The Islanders are second lowest in percentage of capacity, with the arena(s) only being 81% full throughout the season.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll